Ready Set Go Girls #280

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
279 replies to this topic

#1 ~Mintie~

Posted 31 October 2018 - 08:33 PM

New thread time ladies. Here's the link to your old thread.

Cheers,
~Mintie~

#2 Joany

Posted 01 November 2018 - 11:53 AM

Hopeful - hope that embie is snuggling in nicely and also hope that you get a call today to say that there are some to freeze. When is BT?

Jelly - glad it subsided. Hope your scan tomorrow shows some nice follies growing.

BT for me tomorrow, hoping that it will show im ‘down-reg’d’ AF is coming too so will be good to start stimming. I’ve had the worst cold this week so just hope I was able to absorb the synarel correctly 🤞

#3 maufie85

Posted 01 November 2018 - 12:20 PM

Good luck tomorrow Joany I hope everything is exactly as it should be for your Bt. And hope the cold has gone!

Ms hopeful how are you going? I also have my fingers crossed for your day 6 freeze report xox

Good luck at your first scan tomorrow Jelly!

Afm I caved with an Internet cheapie at 5dp5dt this morning and bfn- trying not to feel too sad just yet as it may be a bit early. I’ll buy a frer and wait til Monday as planned :p

#4 MsHopeful18

Posted 01 November 2018 - 02:15 PM

Thanks so so much for the thoughts and words of encouragement girls! I got the call to say that 2 have progressed enough to freeze and another 1 has hatched so can be sent off for PGD. Very unexpected and first time we have some left, though the quality is not good. Now I feel bad at how negative I was yesterday post transfer, crying and telling DH it is all over for us.

Maufie, I really hope it is too early, there is still time plus I don't know how reliable those cheapies are. I will be thinking of you, we've got this! Have you got a busy weekend ahead to distract yourself?

Joany, a cold while on Synarel sounds awful. I hope you get it out of the system before stims start. I am sure it has still been absorbing but will be good to have the BT to check.

Jelly, good luck for the scan and I hope there are lots of follies in there for you.

CK and Theia, how are you both going?

#5 maufie85

Posted 01 November 2018 - 02:37 PM

Ms hopeful that is wonderful news about your frosties and a third one for testing! So three frosties together yay :D thanks for the encouragement - I do have a busy weekend so hopefully won’t go nuts... are you planning to POAS next week?

#6 maufie85

Posted 01 November 2018 - 03:11 PM

And how is everyone else going for sure- Ck, Theia, Mara? :)

#7 ckmelb

Posted 01 November 2018 - 03:55 PM

hi ladies,

@mshopeful that's great news. love to hear about frosties! that must be a relief

@maufie - definitely too early to POAS! try and put those away now until Monday (said the girl that POAS about 8 times last month)

@joany - well done for sniffing while having a cold. it really is gross isn't it? give me a shot any day of the week (never thought I would say that)

@jelly - good luck for your scan

nothing much to report on my end, as I am on a natural cycle so no meds til trigger. I have a day 6 scan tomorrow. It's been confirmed there wont be EPU on the public holiday so I will need to either convince the FS to trigger me for Monday or take some gonal/orgalutran or something to tide me over to Wednesday. I think i might need orgalutran twice a day though as it doesn't really work otherwise. I think I have read somewhere that a few ladies have needed to do this

hope all others are well too

#8 Jelly11

Posted 01 November 2018 - 04:21 PM

MsHopeful - I'm so glad you got some frosties so things went better than you expected.

Joany - That sounds tough doing sprays with a cold. Good luck with your blood test tomorrow.

Maufie - step away from the tests! I hope you get your positive in a few days.

Ck - that sucks about the timing of the public holiday. I hope it all works out well for you. I was wondering if the public holiday will mess up scans/blood tests for me at all too (Monday here) but I guess I'll find out next steps tomorrow.

#9 Mara6

Posted 01 November 2018 - 07:44 PM

Hi everyone,  wow there is so much happening for you all.

Maufie and MsHopeful I hope you are both feeling good with your embies on board and such good news to have some in the freezer. Hopefully 5 days is just too early Maufie. Oh that 2ww seems so long! Fingers and everything else crossed for you both.  

Joany I've come down with a ripper cold as well, I think you're a trooper to manage the synarel with a runny nose, it must be such a worry wondering if each dose worked properly! Good luck with your blood test tomorrow xx

Ck you sound so knowledgable about all the meds and your own cycle, I think you'll be able to advocate well for your dates :)

Jelly good luck for your scan tomorrow and I'm glad the uncomfortable feeling settled down.  I'm right behind you, I start 300 of menopur tomorrow morning with a progress scan and antagonist meds on Tuesday. I had acupuncture this morning (it was great) and baseline scan. FS said my lining looks great and I had 2 follicles on my right side, couldn't see the left. Let's hope things look better on Tuesday!
Lots of love to everyone, you're all so strong :) xxx

#10 maufie85

Posted 01 November 2018 - 07:47 PM

Good luck with your first shots tomorrow Mara :) thanks everyone for the well wishes. Xox

#11 Jelly11

Posted 01 November 2018 - 07:54 PM

Good luck for tomorrow Mara. I hope you find it as easy as I have so far! (Still a little worried about the orgalutran tomorrow though!)

#12 Mara6

Posted 01 November 2018 - 08:07 PM

Thanks Maufie and Jelly :) I'm excited now to get started.

Jelly, is the orgalutran the antagonist? Im still so full of questions. Are you worried because it hurts more or potential reactions? I struggled a bit on the pill so was relieved today when the fS and nurse said that the pill should be the worst of it.

They also told me today the clinic doesnt do a day 3 check  just fertilization check then day 5. Is that common for others here? Im not that worried, i just hope i get that far!

I hope you are feeling good Maufie and are able to enjoy your weekend xxx

#13 Jelly11

Posted 01 November 2018 - 08:53 PM

Ummm... maybe? Sorry, don't know all the terms lol. It's to stop the eggs releasing early so if that's the antagonist then yes. I've just been told it stings and possibly thicker needle?
My clinic said they don't touch the embryos until day 5 to limit the risk of anything happening to them so I assume that means no progress report too. Sounds like a lot of ladies on here do get day 3 reports so it must just depend on the clinic.

#14 Mara6

Posted 01 November 2018 - 09:43 PM

Haha I don't know either but that sounds about right. "Thick" needle doesn't sound very nice but at least you've had some successful practice with the first one.
My clinic said the same about not disturbing them.
Thanks for responding and good luck with the orgalutran!

#15 Joany

Posted 02 November 2018 - 12:34 PM

Hopeful - that’s fantastic news. 2 to freeze and another to test is such a relief. I hope you won’t need them anytime soon though. Do you mind sharing your protocol this time? You know me, I’m obsessed with getting embies to freeze as that’s never happened for me before. I don’t think you should feel bad, this whole process is brutal and I completely understand feeling that way when they said to not get your hopes up re the quality but good work you two!

Maufie - I also think it’s too early. Pop those tests in the drawer for now xx

Mara - sorry to hear you’ve had a cold too. Not ideal timing but I’m coming out the other side hope you are too. I find stimming the easier part of the process, once collection and then hopefully the 2WW start time does drag!!!

Jelly and CK - hope your scans went well this morning.

Theia - hope you get the call shortly about your embies.

AFM - was secretly wishing they’d call to say “you’re pregnant” but not the case. Hopefully AF arrives over the weekend and I can start stims on Monday. Also, DH did another sperm test and fragmentation was high again so PICSI it is.

#16 ckmelb

Posted 02 November 2018 - 02:26 PM

Oh joany we all secretly wish that. Sorry to hear and hope AF comes quickly

Yep orgalutran is a bit more ouchy than gonal. How did it go jelly?

AFM the FS agreed to a Monday EPU but he wants a prescan in case it is too small to go ahead. The lead follicle was 14 today so taking a punt on a day early as a day later will have no follicle. I am happy to take this risk since I have turned up with a ruptured follicle lots of times. In Europe I did EPU on day 9 and it was a 20mm follicle with no stims so anything is possible

Have a lovely weekend all

#17 Jelly11

Posted 02 November 2018 - 02:40 PM

Not a fan of the orgalutran. Not too bad to inject but stung after and a bit of irritation for a while. Gotta do what we gotta do though! Had my scan but didn't get too much info. Tech said at first I had lots of follicles but then later said 4 decent size (around 10mm) on each side which didn't sound like heaps to me. She didn't mention how many smaller ones were there though so I'm hoping others can catch up?
Eta Next scan on Tuesday but it sounded like they would have done Monday if it weren't a public holiday here.

Edited by Jelly11, 02 November 2018 - 02:41 PM.

#18 maufie85

Posted 02 November 2018 - 02:53 PM

Joany - I hope picsi makes all the difference for you guys xox

Ck- glad they can do Monday pick up! Hope you have a great egg in there :)

Jelly- 4 on each side with many small ones sounds promising to me! They can definitely catch up, it’s amazing how all at once they just start to grow...

Thanks ladies for your support and encouragement not to test early, I had just read way too many bfp at 5dp5dt stories on the internet and it would have been lovely to be one of them...

I’m tying to comfort myself that even if this isn’t our bfp, it’ll happen one day. Enjoy the weekend xox

#19 MsHopeful18

Posted 02 November 2018 - 03:49 PM

Maufie - I really hope neither of us will need to use the frosties but good to know they are there. Will have everything crossed for your next POAS! I don't think I will be, my AF always seem to come before the actual BT.

CK - sounds like they are more on top of it this time, I hope the follicle is nice and ready on Monday!

Jelly - I think it is very early days, they can grow very fast in a just a few days so I am sure you will see a lot more on the next scan!

Mara - good luck with the stims and I hope they will be able to see more at the next scan! My clinic doesn't do baseline scans so I have never known how many I have at the start.

Joany - did the BT show the synarel was working? I always have that secret wish too, when they call.. I really think the PICSI will help your fertilisation numbers and quality!

I was on the exact same protocol as last round (300 Gonal F, Orgalutran, Saizen (human growth hormone), Synarel trigger with DHEA on/off since June. Scary I couldn't get better quality even with the growth hormone but trying to remain calm..

#20 Jelly11

Posted 02 November 2018 - 03:50 PM

Thanks Maufie. I'm not sure how many small ones there were. Maybe she just thought 8 was lots and there weren't many more? It's all new to me so I'm not sure how much numbers can change so I'll just have to take it one scan at a time! I was surprised my right and left were the same number actually as she said my left ovary looked bigger at the start and the left side is where I'm feeling more discomfort so I was expecting more follicles on that side. Hopefully there's more smaller ones there and it's not just swollen or building up fluid or something.

#21 Joany

Posted 03 November 2018 - 07:23 AM

Hopeful - I think I misunderstood yesterday’s test as I’m pretty sure it was to just check if I was pregnant. I missed the nurses call and her message was if AF arrives over the weekend call on Monday. Of course it’s day 30 and I usually spot for 2 days before AF and I’ve had nothing yet. Thanks for sharing, will consider asking about the growth hormone if we don’t have any luck next cycle.

CK - well done on persuading FS to go ahead on Monday. I hope its a good size on Monday for you.

Jelly - It’s really hard when the techs don’t give you a lot of info but like Maufie and Hopeful have said the others can certainly catch up.

Maufie - that’s a really positive way to look at it. Hope you’re keeping busy over the weekend.

Have a great weekend lovely ladies xx

#22 Mara6

Posted 03 November 2018 - 05:25 PM

Hi ladies,

Maufie and Hopeful, I hope you're both having lovely restful weekends,  looking after yourselves and doing ok keeping away from the sticks xx

Ck good luck for pick up Monday, probably better to go earlier than later with your history of early ovulation? Sounds like you're happy with the plan and that's the main thing. Hopefully some beautiful mature eggs there for you xx

Any sign of AF Joany? Hopefully you are good to go with stimming soon. It's great your clinic does picsi, it sounds like it will give you and DH the very best chance. I know my clinic doesn't do it, they're all so different aren't they. Thanks for the wishes re the cold, my nose isn't a tap anymore thank goodness, I still feel really tired and heavy, though wondering if that is the stims.. only on day 2 though so it could just be the cold. I was thinking today how you said you're a cryer (totally a word) somehow I've learned to lock up the damn and not let it out (for fear of tsunami I think) I usually cry once it's over, I think my biggest release will be the day I see those 2 lines. I thought of you today because the damn almost broke to an old song on the radio while I was driving. It would've been good to let it out, I think having a good cry as often as you need is a good healthy thing to do :) I hope you have lots of support xx

Hi Jelly I hope you're going ok with the orgalutran, I found the menopur pretty easy and not too painful, i did have some bloating in the afternoon, although that could have just been lunch;) your numbers sound really good to me! Hopefully as the others have said they are perfect on Tuesday at your scan :) xx

Tuesday is my scan day as well,  day 6 and will start antagonist meds then too. I can't wait to see some progress!

Happy restful positive weekend to everyone,  and Theia how are you doing? xx

#23 maufie85

Posted 04 November 2018 - 08:22 AM

Joany I hope you can start v soon :) and good luck for your scans this week Jelly and Mara. Mara I’m glad you had a good cry those are sometime really welcome! I’ve had more than a few this last couple of years...

Ms hopeful how are you feeling?
The tww is torture!

I started feeling a bit bloated yesterday and thanks to you ladies I stayed away from the sticks, but this morning I just couldn’t resist - and a light bfp on frer! I don’t know what I’m feeling- immense hope and surprise as I have never ever seen a bfp before, and cautious optimism that whether or not this is our sticky bfp, it seems that implantation is possible after all for me!

I’m going to try and stay away from the sticks now until beta on Wednesday. So many hurdles to yet jump through but we have never got this far so there’s hope for the future however it turns out.

DH seems happy and hopeful but also realistic lol.
Sending love to all and enjoy the rest of the weekend!

#24 maufie85

Posted 04 November 2018 - 08:28 AM

And all my fingers are crossed for a great pick up for you tomorrow Ck :) xoxo

#25 ckmelb

Posted 04 November 2018 - 08:33 AM

Eeeeek Maufie! I am absolutely hoping this is the bfp for you. A faint positive is a great sign particularly since it was blank a few days ago. And agree that either way it's a potential good sign for future too. Hope Wednesday hurries up already

Good work for starting stims mara. I get super sleepy from stims even early on so it might be that too. I cry lots and am a sympathetic cryer too (cried yesterday because i read on EB that someone's cat had passed away).

Good luck for your scan on Tuesday jelly and hope you are traveling ok hopeful. Joany hope AF has started

I am triggered now so hoping these follicles got their act into gear

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.