Ready Set Go Girls #279

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
165 replies to this topic

#1 ~Mintie~

Posted 11 October 2018 - 08:52 AM

New thread time ladies. Here's the link to your old thread.

Cheers,
~Mintie~

#2 trying again

Posted 11 October 2018 - 10:21 AM

Look at that...I am gold :yes:

#3 maufie85

Posted 12 October 2018 - 08:07 AM

How are you going trying again?

Theia how did your scan go this morning?

Mine was ok I think, 7 follicles on each side although the left ones are a bit bigger than the right ones. It’s roughly similar to my last stim cycle for this time so I’m happy but not getting too excited like I did before lol.

Happy Friday ladies xox

#4 trying again

Posted 12 October 2018 - 01:20 PM

I'm OK thanks Maufie...Tired and I had a huge bit cry last night so I am feeling much better.  I don't understand how some people can have babies and others can't.  I don't understand the universe at all but what will be will be.  I shall miss you all but I wont say goodbye until Wednesday after I get my test :)  That is absolutely amazing 7 on each side!  I thought my original of 3 on one side and 2 on the other was amazing hahahaha how little I knew back then :):):)  Good luck to you xoxo

#5 maufie85

Posted 12 October 2018 - 02:09 PM

Thanks so much Trying- I’m keeping everything crossed for you and your test next week xox

#6 Nbmb

Posted 12 October 2018 - 05:25 PM

Hi girls.. what was suppose to be 10dpiui, turned into cd1, woke up with AF and cramping. Won't say anythiny else, as I know, you all far too good know my current feelings.

Will try to schedule next iui for end of October, but am pesimistic about my FS willing to perform it two months in a raw.

Hope to hear some much better news from the rest of you!

#7 trying again

Posted 12 October 2018 - 05:32 PM

Sending you so many hugs Nbmb...I wish the unicorns and faeries would just listen to us :heart: :heart: :heart:

#8 ckmelb

Posted 12 October 2018 - 06:22 PM

Sorry to hear nbmb. I had 2 back to back medicated IUIs last year (very low dose) so they might be ok to do it. Look after yourself this weekend

#9 maufie85

Posted 12 October 2018 - 06:44 PM

So sorry to hear that Nbmb- I second the hugs and the wishes to take it easy this weekend. Xo

#10 makingmirrors

Posted 12 October 2018 - 07:24 PM

hugs nbmb. Take care of yourself.

#11 Nbmb

Posted 13 October 2018 - 05:10 AM

Thank you ladies!

Ckmelb, I already asked at previous iui when would the next one be, if this one is not successful.. they said in two months, to give ovaries a rest. I have anyway requested to have it again in October, will see what'll they say. I was also on lowest dosage of Gonal f and only had one viable follicle.

When are everyone else due to test?

#12 makingmirrors

Posted 13 October 2018 - 06:26 AM

How are you feeling today Nbmb?

My BT is Monday. I feel nothing at the moment and I know af won’t come whilst I’m on all these meds (artificial thaw).  But this is the first time I’ve done this cycle. Last month I did a natural fet and AF started two days after transfer.
My only successful round (now 2.5 years old) I had a vibration low down like I’d popped a phone up my bits and it was on vibrate :).
Nothing like that at the moment. I want this but I think if it’s negative we’re going to take a year out and see if we still want to pursue next year. Given my age it’s probably not sensible but we started ttc in 2011 and I’m thinking I want off this roller coaster. It took 7 stims to get lucky, we can’t afford 7 stims again, financially or mentally. No decisions til blood test though (or at least until poas tomorrow, I don’t want a surprise phonecall).

#13 Theia

Posted 13 October 2018 - 10:40 AM

Hi maufie, sounds like you're off to a good start there, when is your next scan? I have developed a lead follicle, there are 2 others on the same ovary of an ok size and the other ovary seems to be sleeping. Waiting to hear if collection is monday or tuesday but not expecting good numbers.

Sorry to hear af arrived nbmb, hope you can get straight on with the next cycle.

Trying/making mirrors, fingers crossed for you both.

Ck - have you done another poas to see if the line is getting darker or lighter? Fingers crossed your line is the start of a bfp and not the end of your trigger.

#14 ckmelb

Posted 13 October 2018 - 12:19 PM

Hi mirrors I am crossing my fingers for a positive outcome for you on Monday

Trying hope you are feeling a bit better today. Nothing wrong with a good cry now and then

Theia hoping your ovary produces some stunning looking eggs for next week

Maufie sounds like you are progressing well. Great news

I did POAS today. I bought a new pack and swapped to the clear blue rapid detection which only detect 25 HCG+. The one I had was early detection and it is 12 HCG or something. I figure I only want to count the big numbers. It was still positive, but less than the other but that was to be expected given the test switch. Hoping tomorrow gives me a better idea on whether it's going up or down. I calculated the ovidrel trigger should be down 25 in my blood stream later today so hopefully from tomorrow undetectable by the new tests. I am a bit on the skinny side these days though so may lag a bit longer. Who knows

Edited by ckmelb, 13 October 2018 - 12:20 PM.

#15 maufie85

Posted 14 October 2018 - 06:52 AM

Good luck with your poas today making mirrors I have everything crossed for you xox I laughed when I read about the vibrating mobile!

And Ck I so hope your test this morning is a nice bfp! But it may still be a little early?

Sending best wishes and luck to you trying again and
Hope you have a v happy surprise.

Theia- wishing the best quality eggs from your three follies- and hope that collection goes smoothly. Mine will likely be towards the end of this week I think. Next scan tomorrow morning to see where they are at.

Atm I’m worrying (hopefully unnecessarily) about the quality and maturity of the frozen TESA sperm that was taken from DH in March. Hoping that it survives and is able to do its thing...

#16 makingmirrors

Posted 14 October 2018 - 08:12 AM

Thanks Theia and ckmelb.

Have you poas today ckmelb? I’m really hoping it’s positive.

Thanks Maufie. I hope it all survives and does it’s thing. I think the not knowing what is going on in those situations is hard because it’s out of your control and your mind can start playing tricks.

Trying again how are you feeling?

So I poas....and it’s +. I only bought one and I’ll wait til beta numbers tomorrow but so far it’s looking like it may have worked. Eek. Dh went out to markets early this morning so he doesn’t know.

#17 Joany

Posted 14 October 2018 - 08:15 AM

CK – I hope you continue to see a BFP on those tests.

Trying – I always feel better after a good cry! Really hoping AF stays away for you and Wednesday you receive the positive news.

Making mirrors – hope you see 2 lines this morning.

Theia – hoping those eggs of yours are all wonderful quality.  

Maufie – great numbers.  I think it’s understandable to be worried about all parts of this process but like you said hopefully all will be a-ok.

I had a dream this week I was 6 weeks pregnant. I’ve never dreamt this before so hoping it’s a good sign for next cycle.

#18 maufie85

Posted 14 October 2018 - 08:15 AM

Yay making mirrors!!!! Bfp is a wonderful sign!!! Hope the numbers are good for you tomorrow- more bfps is just what we need around here. Enjoy breaking the news to DH xox

#19 Joany

Posted 14 October 2018 - 08:16 AM

Woo hoo Making Mirrors!  That's great news!!!!!

Edited by Joany, 14 October 2018 - 08:16 AM.

#20 maufie85

Posted 14 October 2018 - 08:17 AM

And thanks heaps Joany- hoping your dream is a great sign of things to come :) xo

#21 ckmelb

Posted 14 October 2018 - 08:47 AM

Makingmirrors that's great news, congrats! All the best for the confirmation tomorrow

Joany I think the dream is a good sign too. My FS overseas said he was a bit superstitious. Which is slightly random but also nice to know that sometimes science doesn't know everything

Maufie i heard the sperm thaws pretty well these days so hopefully nothing to stress about

I did a test this morning and it is a squinter bfp (on a 25 HCG sensitivity test) So that's the end of the trigger. I think it's still a tad early, I am technically 8dp2dt, and if I was being pedantic, it's 7.5dp2dt (timezone change with Europe). And my beta is Wednesday not Tuesday like I thought. So now that I started I might as well continue to POAS a few more days

Can I ask when everyone was booked for beta tests  and what day embie that had transferred? Most stats these days are for 5dt so I need to add in 3 more days

#22 makingmirrors

Posted 14 October 2018 - 03:48 PM

Ckmelb my beta is 11 days after 5 day blast transfer. And I’m pretty sure my day 2 transfers were 2 weeks from transfer to beta.

#23 Joany

Posted 14 October 2018 - 05:32 PM

CK - mine have been booked in for 10 or 11 days post 5 day transfer.

Edited by Joany, 14 October 2018 - 05:37 PM.

#24 ckmelb

Posted 14 October 2018 - 08:19 PM

Thanks ladies, as I suspected a bit early

Congrats again mirrors

#25 makingmirrors

Posted 15 October 2018 - 09:42 AM

Beta test is in. Numbers are lower than hoped so I have to re test on Thursday. I guess it’s just a waiting game now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.