Am I worrying over nothing? No morning sickness yet

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 PsySquirrel

Posted 10 October 2018 - 09:13 AM

I haven't really had any morning sickness and today I am 7 week and 7 days.

I read somewhere that its not a good sign if you haven't had anything by 8 weeks and I have really only had waves of ravenous hunger and a vague, "I don't really want to eat anything because the thought is unpleasant" kind of feeling - but nothing I would really deem 'nausea'.

I kind of feel that if I wasn't hyper aware of my body right now I wouldn't notice anything at all? Did this happen to anyone else?

This is the first time I've made it this far and I don't really know what to expect or what's abnormal... and I can't help but feel nervous.

Words of wisdom and reassurance would be appreciated :)

#2 Fossy

Posted 10 October 2018 - 09:23 AM

5 babies and never had any morning sickness. All were perfectly fine.  Have you had a scan?
So hard not to worry, all the bets for the next 7 months!

#3 coffy11

Posted 10 October 2018 - 09:32 AM

I've had 3 pregnancies and no morning sickness so I wouldn't worry too much about that

#4 No Drama Please

Posted 10 October 2018 - 09:41 AM

No morning sickness from me either! Just super tired. Try not to worry and best of luck!

#5 Kreme

Posted 10 October 2018 - 09:44 AM

I never had morning sickness, never felt tired or extremely hungry. No food aversions or cravings. Two healthy pregnancies.

#6 Drat

Posted 10 October 2018 - 10:12 AM

Lucky you!

17 weeks with number 2 and still throwing up plenty :(

#7 MsLaurie

Posted 10 October 2018 - 10:15 AM

First baby, no morning sickness, just a weird suppressed appetite. Would get a third through my usual serve and be unable to eat another bite!
This pregnancy, lots of nausea, decent amount of vomiting.
Pregnancy one was vastly more enjoyable!
So don’t stress, it doesn’t necessarily mean anything.

#8 PsySquirrel

Posted 10 October 2018 - 10:18 AM

Thanks everyone!

I think that I just over read things and work myself up!

#9 Veritas Vinum Arte

Posted 10 October 2018 - 10:30 AM

I never really started feeling slightly unwell until after 8wks and even then it was just an annoying general low level nausea.

#10 Summer81

Posted 10 October 2018 - 10:42 AM

2 boys not even a hint of morning sickness. 37 weeks pregnant now (with a girl unsure if that makes a difference) and I vomited daily for the first 20 weeks. Now it's just randomly when I'm a bit tired. Or eating. Or not eating. Or just doing something or nothing :)

Point is, all pregnancies are different and it's extremely common to have zero morning sickness.

All the best :)

#11 Expelliarmus

Posted 10 October 2018 - 10:46 AM

3 pregnancies, 3 healthy babies, 0 morning sickness.

#12 seayork2002

Posted 10 October 2018 - 10:49 AM

I had no morning sickness, my son will be in High school in just over a year!

#13 BBC

Posted 10 October 2018 - 11:02 AM

I never got morning sickness. I usd to wish for it thinking it would be reassuring that thr pregnancy was OK.

Ravenous hunger is also a good sign!

#14 lozoodle

Posted 10 October 2018 - 11:06 AM

I had no morning sickness really. Felt a bit yuck with number 2 and 3 but nothing more than a fleeting moment of "ew feel icky"

#15 Drat

Posted 10 October 2018 - 11:07 AM

Also, my friend had no morning sickness or any signs of pregnancy and got the shock of her life when she found out she was 13 weeks pregnant!
She apologised to me profusely (as I get extreme morning sickness lol).

#16 livelifelovehappy

Posted 10 October 2018 - 11:17 AM

I had this issue, and even went to the Dr and asked for a blood test. My doctor said in her experience, that not having sickness or symptoms wasn't a very good sign, so I resigned myself to it not working out. I am now 16 weeks with HG since 8 weeks. EXTREMELY sick after zero symptoms the first month.
There's no rhyme or reason to it, and every pregnancy is different. I'm all for requesting blood tests to reassure yourself if you think that would help!

#17 spartan_mum

Posted 10 October 2018 - 11:20 AM

Twins and not one sign on morning sickness here. Try not to worry. Weird dreams and hunger where my main early symptoms. It’s different for everyone

#18 seayork2002

Posted 10 October 2018 - 12:37 PM

View Postlivelifelovehappy, on 10 October 2018 - 11:17 AM, said:

I had this issue, and even went to the Dr and asked for a blood test. My doctor said in her experience, that not having sickness or symptoms wasn't a very good sign, so I resigned myself to it not working out. I am now 16 weeks with HG since 8 weeks. EXTREMELY sick after zero symptoms the first month.
There's no rhyme or reason to it, and every pregnancy is different. I'm all for requesting blood tests to reassure yourself if you think that would help!

I am worried that a doctor would say this to someone who is pregnant

As I said before I had no morning sickness nor did I show, my son was still fine - no one outside who i told ever knew I was pregnant.

My friends sister when I was a teenager was 6 months pregnant before she knew - she have about a period every six months so that is why she never knew.

surely all pregnancies are different?

#19 Karlee99

Posted 10 October 2018 - 05:23 PM

First pregnancy I had one morning of random vomiting and that was the whole extent of my morning sickness.

Second pregnancy - nil, but I would get carsick often if I was the passenger.

Third pregnancy - twins - again no morning sickness but strong smells would have me gagging

#20 Sancti-claws

Posted 10 October 2018 - 05:25 PM

How do your boobs feel?  I rarely had any morning sickness - my "hmm, that indicates" sign for me was super-sensitive nipples in both pregnancies.

#21 Silverstreak

Posted 10 October 2018 - 05:34 PM

Yep, I didn't really have morning sickness either, just was very tired and craved steak and garlic! I did gag on toothbrushing later in my pregnancy, so I used a child's toothbrush for a while!

#22 ~LemonMyrtle~

Posted 10 October 2018 - 06:24 PM

Not much morning sickness here either for both pregnancies. Made my mum worry more than me. Both babies were fine.

#23 ThatChick

Posted 10 October 2018 - 08:06 PM

Hey there.

Congrats on your pregnancy. Just to offer a different perspective and to validate how different it is for everyone. I am currently pregnant for the third time, I have a nearly 8 year old son and I had a missed miscarriage earlier this year. With my son my morning sickness didn't start until about 7-8 weeks,then it was game on. Vomiting and nausea for weeks and weeks.

With my miscarriage I was even worse. The worst nausea, huge food aversions, mild vomiting, bloating, constipation. I didn't realise I had miscarried until I was 10.3 weeks at a scan and baby had stopped growing at 6.3weeks. That's a whole month and I was none the wiser as I was always of the opinion that sickness means everything is going fine.

I know that it's hard not to worry. I've been pregnant for all of 5 mins (4 weeks 1 day today :p and I'm all panicking that I have no symtpoms. Symptoms or lack of don't necessarily mean anything.

Just try and enjoy this time. 😀 Best of luck hun XoXoX

#24 Daisycakes18

Posted 10 October 2018 - 09:45 PM

I am on pregnancy number 4, and number 4 of no sickness whatsoever (and I have had both sexes). Like someone else said, I got the sore boobs, but not so much this time around which has me freaking out (as I miscarried the third pregnancy at 17 weeks). I think there always seems to be so much more said about people getting morning sickness than there is about the people that don’t, so then you automatically assume that somethings wrong and like you should be sick! Congratulations and good luck PsySquirrel!

#25 Karlee99

Posted 11 October 2018 - 01:41 PM

View PostSancti-claws, on 10 October 2018 - 05:25 PM, said:

How do your boobs feel?  I rarely had any morning sickness - my "hmm, that indicates" sign for me was super-sensitive nipples in both pregnancies.

This reminded me - tender boobs was one thing that prompted me to do a test for my last pregnancy.

That and being super tired - like sleep 10 hours a night and then still need a nap once I got the kids to school

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.