Due in June 2019 chat #1

• Please log in to reply
279 replies to this topic

#76 Baby_Clicks

Posted 15 October 2018 - 07:14 PM

Thanks for the reassurance! It is good to hear a lot of people have similar experiences. My next scan is at 9 weeks, so hopefully that does give me an accurate measurement as you said. I just need to stop worrying and little the little bean do its thing.

I am telling my mum on Wed, I'm so excited. This is her first grandchild and she has been impatiently waiting for about 5 years! I got her a great little key ring that reads 'promoted to Grandma' to go with her new car :)

#77 AmelieC

Posted 15 October 2018 - 07:58 PM

Sweetpea – glad to hear your scan went well :)

Lilpuddin – might be a good excuse for you to go shopping while you’re over there. I hear Hawaii has some great outlets :p

Baby_Clicks – One of my early scans last pregnancy (pretty sure it was 9 weeks) was a day or so out, but the OB wasn’t worried at all. It’s so natural to worry, but I think at such an early stage it’s really tricky to get it 100% because everything is soooo teeny tiny! He’s happy and healthy and 15 months old now :)

I don’t think I mentioned in my last post – I’m 31 in Melbourne :)

Edited by AmelieC, 15 October 2018 - 07:59 PM.

#78 AmelieC

Posted 16 October 2018 - 07:32 PM

Anyone else seriously baby braining?

I don't remember having it so early last time.

Best example from today: I put my toddler in the car after being at the supermarket, then walked around the other side of the car and almost sat down in the back seat! I had one foot in the car and everything.

I don't know how I am going to manage work tomorrow! Hopeless!

#79 FingersCrossed123

Posted 16 October 2018 - 07:48 PM

Massive baby brain right here.

I was saying bye to someone today and said 'see you at school tomorrow' instead of work! So weird

I also put my cardigan in the change room laundry instead of my towel at lunchtime. Then had to sort through used towels to get it out...

Surprised I am managing general life at all!

#80 ThatChick

Posted 16 October 2018 - 07:57 PM

Hi girls. Sorry that I'm not replying directly to anyone that has replied to me. I'm having a little bit of a breakdown at the moment. I mentioned the other day that I was lacking symptoms. Since then in the last couple of days I've started to feel things. Somewhat sensitive nipples, boobies are swollen (not sore) and I'm bloated and hungry as hell. I've come home tonight from dinner at the in-laws where I was so out of it that I fell asleep on the couch right after dinner . I've just been to the toilet and have experienced some bleeding. It's pinkish in colour and now as you could all imagine I'm beside myself with worry. The thought of loosing another baby this year is soul crushing. I'm 5 weeks tomorrow. I went and had my second blood test this morning to check HCG levels. I have an app tomorrow morning at 8.40. What if any experiences have any of you had with bleeding in pregnancy. Out of all my pregnancies Ive only experienced implantation bleed when AF due at around the 4 week mark. Is 5 weeks too late for implantation bleed??

Edited by ThatChick, 16 October 2018 - 08:00 PM.

#81 JCH86

Posted 16 October 2018 - 08:26 PM

View PostThatChick, on 16 October 2018 - 07:57 PM, said:

Hi girls. Sorry that I'm not replying directly to anyone that has replied to me. I'm having a little bit of a breakdown at the moment. I mentioned the other day that I was lacking symptoms. Since then in the last couple of days I've started to feel things. Somewhat sensitive nipples, boobies are swollen (not sore) and I'm bloated and hungry as hell. I've come home tonight from dinner at the in-laws where I was so out of it that I fell asleep on the couch right after dinner . I've just been to the toilet and have experienced some bleeding. It's pinkish in colour and now as you could all imagine I'm beside myself with worry. The thought of loosing another baby this year is soul crushing. I'm 5 weeks tomorrow. I went and had my second blood test this morning to check HCG levels. I have an app tomorrow morning at 8.40. What if any experiences have any of you had with bleeding in pregnancy. Out of all my pregnancies Ive only experienced implantation bleed when AF due at around the 4 week mark. Is 5 weeks too late for implantation bleed??

So sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. I have all fingers and toes crossed that it's nothing to be concerned about.

When I miscarried in September at 5w2d, I woke up at 4:30am with bad cramps. i thought immediately 'this isn't right' and managed to get back to sleep. I woke again at 6:30am feeling worse and went to the bathroom - when i urinated there was a lot of blood that started coming out (I hadn't bled before i went to the toilet). Over the course of the day there were then clots and the cramps lasted for about six hours. The blood was bright red.

I think that five weeks is too late for an implantation bleed, but having said that I am a pregnancy novice. When I had my miscarriage, i had found some things online that said cramps and light spotting around week five are quite common. Honestly you can find so much stuff on the internet that leaves you either happy or despairing - the best thing to do is just get your medical tests done. I know that doesn't help the worry and stress that you are feeling right now though xx

Edited to add that I am 5w1d today and am bloated as hell too. It's so gross. I think the fact that you have started to experience symptoms could be a good sign, I hope your next hcg test gives the result that you want

Edited by JCH86, 16 October 2018 - 08:32 PM.

#82 AmelieC

Posted 16 October 2018 - 08:30 PM

Oh, ThatChick, I'm sorry you're having such a stressful time. I haven't experienced early pregnancy bleeding, but I have heard that it is quite common and not always cause for concern. I hope it's good news at your appointment tomorrow.

#83 ThatChick

Posted 16 October 2018 - 08:45 PM

Thanks for your kind words girls. I'm so frazzled I don't know what to do with myself. I had a missed miscarriage earlier this year. Baby had stopped growing at 6.3 and and at 10.3 I was none the wiser. No bleeding no spotting at all. My body just didn't want to let go. What a contrast?!?!

The bleed I had tonight was exactly like the implantation bleeds I had with the miscarriage and with ds 8 years ago, the difference is the timing. I don't know how I'm going to sleep tonight. Every little niggle is freaking me out. And the the urge I have to pee is getting ridiculous I've been to the bathroom at least 4-5 times since 7.45pm.. it's all so confusing

#84 LuckyStar2015

Posted 16 October 2018 - 10:24 PM

View PostThatChick, on 16 October 2018 - 07:57 PM, said:

I experienced a massive bleed at approx 6 weeks with my first child. Sorry for TMI but it felt like I was being stabbed in the vagina repeatedly, and blood was literally pouring out. It turned out to be haematoma which resolved over time. Apparently they are quite common and rarely of concern. I remember being told that bleeding in early pregnancy is actually very normal, but of course panic is natural! I was beside myself and even went to the ER. I really hope it’s nothing major for you **hugs**

#85 sweetpea8

Posted 17 October 2018 - 06:32 AM

Hi That Chick, I’ve had bleeding over the past two weeks and the scan on Monday showed everything was fine. I think my cervix is irritated and that is what is leading to the little bits of blood. Fingers crossed that all is well when you check in with the doctor. 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

#86 EXU

Posted 17 October 2018 - 06:56 AM

ThatChick. I'm going through pretty much the exact same thing at the moment. Had a small bleed at work (been pregnant 4 times this year and bleeding started all 4 times at work), it slowed down and stopped. Then woke overnight and there was probably double the amount. It again has stopped.

I have a GP appointment at 10am to check out my HCG and have brought my ultrasound forward to 3pm today.

The kind of bleeding is identical to that which stated my three miscarriages, however the only reasons I'm clinging onto some kind of hope is I'm having no cramping, my pregnancy symptoms haven't disappeared and the pregnancy tests are still getting darker, The other 2 1st trimester miscarriages I had,  the cramps felt like I had food poisoning, symptoms disappeared completely 2 days prior and the HPTs progressively got lighter and lighter.

I'm hoping it 1 of 4 things I've had in the past. Adhesion's due to previous C-section, an ovarian cyst which may have burst (I did have a sudden sharp pain on Monday),  subchorionic haematoma which I had with my now 9 year old son at 5 weeks. I ovulated twice this month so vanishing twin could be a possibility, but the problem with that is it will affect my beta HCG.

#87 AmelieC

Posted 17 October 2018 - 09:17 AM

My turn: I've had the teeniest bit of spotting this morning. Making me nervous, I hope it goes away!

Waiting to hear results from my GP for my first blood test yesterday, but probably won't hear until the afternoon. Might ask for a repeat test next week to see if HCG is increasing normally. She gave me a referral for a dating scan which she said was optional. If this keeps up I think I'll be booking that in.

#88 ThatChick

Posted 17 October 2018 - 09:36 AM

Update: Ive just been to the gp this morning and so far things are still looking positive. My HCG levels last Tuesday morning at 3.6 weeks were 170. Yesterday morning exactly 7 days later they were at 2187 which is less then 48 hour doubling time. My symptoms have increased a lot over the last couple of days and I'm starting to feel "pregnant but the bleed really threw me off. It's barely there so far this morning just very light brownish when I wipe. I'll be having another blood test tomorrow to keep tracking HCGs which I will get the results for on Friday. She also gave me a referral for an ultrasound should I continue to bleed / spot I need to go ASAP. If it tapers off I need to hold off until 7 weeks.

EXU - I'm so sorry to hear about what you're going through. I wish I could say or do something to help you feel better about your situation but coming from someone who's there right now I know it's really hard. I do have a history of ovarian cysts, Ive had two removed laparoscopically once at 19 years and the second one I developed when pregnant with DS. It got to something crazy like 10-12cm and stuck around for months post delivery so they decided to remove it. They can be very persistent. Please do keep us posted this morning after your doc app. Sending positive sticky vibes your way my love XoXoX

sweetpea8  - I'm thinking something along the same lines for myself. My symptoms have increased and my HCGs are rising so I'm more inclined to believe that's it's something like irritation, cyst rupture (as mentioned above I do have a history if cysts but no ruptures) or maybe a hormone surge or maybe bubs is just imbeding further and getting comfy. I hope it's something like the above anyway. XoXoX

LuckyStar2015 - you poor thing. That would have been terrifying. It's so natural to automatically assume the worst. I've never had bleeds during pregnacy, only what I would deem "implantation bleeds". Where was the hematoma located??

AmelieC - thanks gorgeous. As per above it seems things are stable for now. XoXoX

JCH86 - I would think 5 weeks would be late for implantation too. As Ive said both my implantation bleeds occured just before or around the time AF was due. In saying that the bleed I had was almost identical to that. I've experienced no pain or cramps at all. I do get these little niggles all the time mostly from the right side. I'm very certain that I ovulated from the right side and that's where 90% of the niggling is coming from. Wouldn't even call it pain just a little "poke" every now and then.

You're so right about what we read online though. It can really mess with your head can't it??

As for the bloating, mine is on the rise. Eeek!! My boobies are definately inflated but not sore however my nipples are becoming quit sensitive. The biggest difference for me was yesterday and the fatigue. As I said last night. The urge to sleep after dinner was intense. I also had the worst night sleep Ive ever experienced. I woke up at 1am just two hours after I feel asleep to wee. Then I was waking at least once every hour, at 4 am I woke up then fell asleep and woke up 20 minutes later thinking hours had passed which is really draining me. I'm really a hot mess at the moment!!!!

#89 ThatChick

Posted 17 October 2018 - 09:51 AM

View PostAmelieC, on 17 October 2018 - 09:17 AM, said:

My turn: I've had the teeniest bit of spotting this morning. Making me nervous, I hope it goes away!

Waiting to hear results from my GP for my first blood test yesterday, but probably won't hear until the afternoon. Might ask for a repeat test next week to see if HCG is increasing normally. She gave me a referral for a dating scan which she said was optional. If this keeps up I think I'll be booking that in.

AmelieC - oh hun looks like we're in this together. How far along are you? You may have mentioned it previously but I can't see posts that far back. I'm not going to tell you not to stress because that would make me a hypocrite because I'm sitting here stressing. Deep breaths together. Please keep us posted.

#90 AmelieC

Posted 17 October 2018 - 09:53 AM

My cycles haven't been regular, so I don't know 100%, but somewhere between 4.5 - 5.5 weeks.

I'm definitely trying not to stress, but I'm at work and I can't concentrate at all!

#91 ThatChick

Posted 17 October 2018 - 10:14 AM

Oh hun. Can you leave early? Whilst I advocate that work can be a good distraction sometimes it's just not worth it. I've taken the day off today, sitting in bed just taking it easy.

#92 mill85

Posted 17 October 2018 - 10:36 AM

Sorry struggle to reply to all but i had small bleeds in two of my successful pregnancies and it was around 5-6 weeks. No cause was found for either and they are now 8 and 6 years old. Hope all goes well for you poor ladies worrying and waiting xx

#93 AmelieC

Posted 17 October 2018 - 10:50 AM

Thanks, mill, it is comforting to hear that!

ThatChick, I'll see how I go, if I'm not getting anything done after lunch I might just go home and try to have a nap while my toddler is at day care. Hope you manage to rest well today!

#94 LuckyStar2015

Posted 17 October 2018 - 10:52 AM

View PostThatChick, on 17 October 2018 - 09:36 AM, said:

LuckyStar2015 - you poor thing. That would have been terrifying. It's so natural to automatically assume the worst. I've never had bleeds during pregnacy, only what I would deem "implantation bleeds". Where was the hematoma located??

Firstly, glad to hear the GP visit went well - don't worry about the 48 hour doubling time, I am pretty sure it is anywhere from 48-72 hours. I hope the bloating and boobie symptoms are all good signs!

As for the hematoma, it was literally right next to my daughter. You could see it on the ultrasounds! At the time, my mad googling found out that the chances of miscarriage increased depending on the size of the haematoma relative to the fetus. It was like triple her size, and it was still fine! The doctor tried to put me on a drug called Provera, which stops bleeding in pregnancy, but I was on so many drugs already and I decided not to take it. The bleeding just slowed down and stopped and it took a few weeks for it to all settle down. It seems so trivial now, but it really was hell at the time - so I understand all of you ladies even with slight spotting or bleeding being very stressed out and paranoid!

#95 AmelieC

Posted 17 October 2018 - 03:36 PM

Didn't get great news from the GP this afternoon. My hgc only came back as 13. So with that and the spotting and cramping, it doesn't look great.

She said I should get another blood test on Friday, but not super optimistic.

#96 JCH86

Posted 17 October 2018 - 04:47 PM

View PostAmelieC, on 17 October 2018 - 03:36 PM, said:

Didn't get great news from the GP this afternoon. My hgc only came back as 13. So with that and the spotting and cramping, it doesn't look great.

I'm so sorry to hear that. Desperately hoping for a good outcome for you despite the sh*tty signs <3

#97 LuckyStar2015

Posted 17 October 2018 - 04:57 PM

View PostAmelieC, on 17 October 2018 - 03:36 PM, said:

I'm so sorry to hear this Amelie <3

#98 ThatChick

Posted 17 October 2018 - 05:21 PM

Oh AmelieC. I'm sorry that you've received crappy news. Sending a bunch of positive vibes your way. XoXoX

#99 EXU

Posted 17 October 2018 - 06:47 PM

AmelieC: So sorry the news you got wasn't very hopeful. Like others, I'd recommend a day off if you have the leave. I've tried to work through similar situations and all I did was get myself in trouble for not working at the efficiency they expected me to. I took today off work and left a little early yesterday.

ThatChick: So glad everything is looking much more positive today. What you wrote about wanting to sleep right after dinner, then waking up through out the night I can also relate to.

AFM: No more bleeding, thank heavens. Had a beta HCG this morning, will have another Friday and hopefully get the results Saturday afternoon. Saw a gestational sac, which is what I'd expect to only see at 5w1d. Stated there was no sign of any bleeding, couldn't account for why I had been bleeding.

#100 ThatChick

Posted 17 October 2018 - 07:08 PM

View PostLuckyStar2015, on 17 October 2018 - 10:52 AM, said:

Firstly, glad to hear the GP visit went well - don't worry about the 48 hour doubling time, I am pretty sure it is anywhere from 48-72 hours. I hope the bloating and boobie symptoms are all good signs!

As for the hematoma, it was literally right next to my daughter. You could see it on the ultrasounds! At the time, my mad googling found out that the chances of miscarriage increased depending on the size of the haematoma relative to the fetus. It was like triple her size, and it was still fine! The doctor tried to put me on a drug called Provera, which stops bleeding in pregnancy, but I was on so many drugs already and I decided not to take it. The bleeding just slowed down and stopped and it took a few weeks for it to all settle down. It seems so trivial now, but it really was hell at the time - so I understand all of you ladies even with slight spotting or bleeding being very stressed out and paranoid!

Wow that's crazy.. it just goes to show that sometimes what appears like the worst case scenario for one person works out well and for someone with what seems to be a lesser threat turns out worse. We just never know do we???

View PostEXU, on 17 October 2018 - 06:47 PM, said:

AmelieC: So sorry the news you got wasn't very hopeful. Like others, I'd recommend a day off if you have the leave. I've tried to work through similar situations and all I did was get myself in trouble for not working at the efficiency they expected me to. I took today off work and left a little early yesterday.

ThatChick: So glad everything is looking much more positive today. What you wrote about wanting to sleep right after dinner, then waking up through out the night I can also relate to.

AFM: No more bleeding, thank heavens. Had a beta HCG this morning, will have another Friday and hopefully get the results Saturday afternoon. Saw a gestational sac, which is what I'd expect to only see at 5w1d. Stated there was no sign of any bleeding, couldn't account for why I had been bleeding.

Thanks EXU. It's great to hear that things are stable for you at the moment. I always wait in anticipation that ladies come back with positive news. Please keep us posted.

My bleeding had turned down to a very faint brown wipe today during the day. As of tonight its amped up again. I was sitting on the toilet earlier, I went to pee and as odd as it sounds just chilled there for a few mins day dreaming. As i wiped I had darker brownish spotting and a few funnier drops in the toilet. The drops consisted of what looked like a very small amount of tissue and a tiny poppyseed sized dark red clot. Yes I may have got in close to see as it hand landed on toilet paper which  made it easier to inspect. Sorry for if that's TMI. I'm starting to feel very deflated and sad. I'm going to go for the scan the gp gave me tomorrow and will also have another blood test to check HCGs again. :(

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.