Due in June 2019 chat #1

• Please log in to reply
279 replies to this topic

#226 Baby_Clicks

Posted 13 November 2018 - 03:48 PM

View PostAdgirl, on 13 November 2018 - 03:15 PM, said:

Does anyone want to guess the babies gender just for fun?

I think ours is a girl (first baby)

Anyone else have a feeling either way?

I'll have a guess 😊 I think a girl,  just working from old wives tales about sweet cravings. All I can think about is chocolate! DH feels it is a boy. We'll know by the end of next week.

#227 BrielJr

Posted 14 November 2018 - 06:37 AM

Thanks miss Purple, ahh I still have a box of those clexane shots in my cupboard from last pregnancy. That first shot giving it to yourself is the hardest, then they all seem a bit easier.

ShellBaby-O - it seems like we’d rattle if someone shook us, It’s hard with baby brain to keep on top of them all, even with phone reminders! Here’s hoping you can start to wean off some of them soon.

A&J+ - glad you are starting to feel a bit better. It’s a long road to trimester 2, but you’re almost there. Hopefully more systems subside soon.

Adgirl - glad you’re recovering from the gastro! We had it in our household but I managed to avoid it!! I also think we’re having a girl. I did the silly Chinese calendar one and it was right with my first and a good majority of my friends so we use it as our fun guessing one.

Fingercrossed123 - hopefully the blood pressure didn’t increase too much more, it’s so hard as when you go in to get it checked, you’re usually a bit nervous and anxious too haha bloody catch 22!

Baby_Clicks - I love seeing the ultrasounds, and yes they do grow so quickly!! It’s quite remarkable what’s happening inside us all right now.

AFM - yesterday was the first time I haven’t been sick in weeks, here’s hoping this awful nausea is starting to subside!!! 🙌🏻🙌🏻 1 week until the nuchal scan and a good 40min looking at that little baby ❤️❤️❤️

#228 Miss Purple

Posted 15 November 2018 - 06:02 AM

BrielJR you’re much braver than me, if you can self administer Clexane! It was, and will be once more, my husband’s job while I curl up and tell him it hurts!

I’m off to have my Harmony blood test this morning. I’m super excited to be finding out the baby’s sex. I’m somewhat hoping for another boy, as I’m a practical person and see that handing down school uniforms, playing similar sports etc makes our family life a little simpler! Everyone else keeps telling me it must be a girl though. I just want a healthy baby that doesn’t suffer any of the feeding and health issues we experienced with our first.

Hope everyone is travelling along nicely. Soon we’ll be past this horrid first trimester!

#229 Adgirl

Posted 15 November 2018 - 01:24 PM

Brieljr : I’m celebrating the end of your nausea! Here’s to a happy and healthy rest of your pregnancy!

Miss purple: that’s so exciting your having your harmony test today! Hope everything goes well

AFM: had another scan baby is looking great and growing as it should heart beat is 167bpm. Looking at July 1st as due date but will be induced 23rd June . Graduated from weekly scans and next one will be at 10 weeks along th NIPT. Also booked in 13 week anatomy scan for Christmas Eve! As well as the private hospital and other things. So excited now!

#230 JCH86

Posted 16 November 2018 - 10:13 AM

Hi everyone!

Happy Friday to you. Hope this week is treating you well. Looking forward to a few weeks time when most of us are past that 12 weeks mark!

I've had a very quiet couple of weeks. No symptoms whatsoever which led me to think it's either the world's easiest pregnancy, or something has gone wrong - cue anxiety of course. I threw up once a few weeks ago, and had a few days of mild sickness but that was it. My appetite has largely returned. I've been working a lot and just trying to focus on that.

Today I am 9 weeks and 4 days and i just threw up out of the blue, didn't feel sick and hadn't eaten breakfast, just had to run to the bathroom unexpectedly. So as gross as that was, it gives me comfort that things may still be on track!

I am booked in for scan and NIPT next Friday so I have my fingers crossed that everything looks good then.

Has anyone started buying any baby things, or are you waiting a little longer?

#231 FingersCrossed123

Posted 16 November 2018 - 11:09 AM

JCH86 - I'm feeling the same as you, now I have been feeling better for about a week or so, I keep wondering am I still pregnant or not!

My NIPT test is on Monday so looking forward to seeing the baby again and getting some reassurance.

I also can't wait until we are 12 weeks + because I am SO OVER hiding it !!!!!

#232 mill85

Posted 16 November 2018 - 11:41 AM

Hey girls,

JCH86- I haven't because i am an odd ball and probably won't start until the end of pregnancy. Given it is babe number 4 we don't need a whole lot! I will probably buy some nappies/wipes if they come up on special- i like the tooshies ones and they are $ so good to save where i can!

I have been feeling a bit better too in recent weeks but the last few days i have felt unwell again. We had a scan yesterday pre NIPT bloods and all looked great which was a huge relief because that is when we found out we had lost our baby last pregnancy. I also gained an extra few days with my due date being moved from the 11th of June to the 7th so i am 11 weeks today-yay!. Looking forward to getting the results so hopefully i can relax and really look forward to this pregnancy and new life joining out family. It is also getting very difficult to hide my bump so looking forward to being able to tell the school mum/those that i see every day!

#233 MrsLavender

Posted 17 November 2018 - 05:52 AM

mill85 - Yes! I am also struggling to hide my bump and I haven’t even hit 8 weeks yet!! I did show before 12 weeks last time and everyone guessed, but this time it’s just ridiculous. I can already see that people are looking at me sideways! These next 4 weeks can’t go fast enough!

#234 maybebabyttc#1

Posted 18 November 2018 - 01:10 PM

Glad to hear it’s all going well for you lovely ladies.
We’re booked in for our dating scan this week at supposedly 8+1 but we’ll see what happens. With it being our first pregnancy I’m so nervous to find out if there’s a heartbeat and everything is ok but I’m trying to not think about it too much. The nausea has really kicked in the last week but I thankfully haven’t been throwing up. I absolutely hate throwing up and have been terrified of it since I was a kid. Unfortunately the last few days I’ve had a head cold which really ramped up and hit me like a tone of bricks this morning. Nausea, head cold and fatigue is going to make working a nightmare this week. Thankfully I have an office job but I have a lot of urgent projects on so it’s a struggle when all I want to do is nap from 1pm

#235 Baby_Clicks

Posted 19 November 2018 - 12:45 PM

11 weeks today for me and the nausea is finally starting to ease off! Woohooo! I hope everyone else is feeling a little better too. I'm not back to 100% just yet, but the vomiting has stopped for the time being.

Anyone else expecting NIPT results this week? I had my bloody taken last Tue and the OBGYN expects results early this week. I'm so excited and nervous, this week will feel like a loooooong one!

#236 mill85

Posted 19 November 2018 - 01:19 PM

baby_clicks-I had my bloods done last Thursday and was told they should be in either today or tomorrow so I am eagerly waiting for a call too. Hopefully they contact us both sooner rather than later!

#237 FingersCrossed123

Posted 19 November 2018 - 02:15 PM

Hi Everyone

Just wanted to let you know I went in for the NIPT test today at 11 weeks with the scan prior.

Unfortunately there was no heartbeat and it looks like the baby stopped growing around 9 weeks.

I saw my OB who said it is most likely a chromosomal issue but it is rare for it to stop growing this late. It is usually earlier.

So I will be leaving this group now and I wish you all the best of luck in your pregnancies. xxxx

#238 Baby_Clicks

Posted 19 November 2018 - 04:10 PM

View PostFingersCrossed123, on 19 November 2018 - 02:15 PM, said:

Hi Everyone

Just wanted to let you know I went in for the NIPT test today at 11 weeks with the scan prior.

Unfortunately there was no heartbeat and it looks like the baby stopped growing around 9 weeks.

I saw my OB who said it is most likely a chromosomal issue but it is rare for it to stop growing this late. It is usually earlier.

So I will be leaving this group now and I wish you all the best of luck in your pregnancies. xxxx

I am so sorry xxx please look after yourself xxx

#239 maybebabyttc#1

Posted 19 November 2018 - 04:34 PM

View PostFingersCrossed123, on 19 November 2018 - 02:15 PM, said:

Hi Everyone

So very very sorry for your loss. I hope you have a lot of love and support around you. Look after yourself xx

#240 sweetpea8

Posted 19 November 2018 - 11:44 PM

So sorry, Fingers. I hope you have lots of love and support. It must be incredibly difficult given your journey.

I wish you all the best and please take care of yourself in this challenging time.

xxxxxx

#241 ShellBaby-O

Posted 20 November 2018 - 12:58 AM

Hey Fingers, I’m so sorry. It’s just not fair! Hope you are getting lots of hugs x

#242 Stimstar

Posted 20 November 2018 - 09:02 AM

Oh Fingerscrossed my heart just broke for you. I’m so so sorry, I know this is all of our absolute worst fear and I wish none of us had to bear it xx

I have my 12 week scan this Thursday and will be sick until I know whether or not all is ok in there.

#243 ThatChick

Posted 20 November 2018 - 07:24 PM

Oh no Fingerscrossed123 I am so sorry to hear of your news. We're all here if you ever need to chat. Wishing you all the best moving forward hun. Remember to be extra kind to yourself XoXoX

#244 mill85

Posted 20 November 2018 - 07:32 PM

Got our percept/harmony results today and all was low risk (thank goodness!). I was pretty nervous and rang the doctor about 100 times in the last few days waiting. We also found out we are expecting another little boy (have 2 boys and 1 girl) which is super exciting. Now for the scan in 1.5 weeks and then we can stop keeping this a secret.

I hope you are all well.

#245 Baby_Clicks

Posted 20 November 2018 - 07:54 PM

Mill85 I got my results today too. Everything is low risk and the OBGYN is very happy.  My intuition was right - baby girl on the way!

#246 ThatChick

Posted 21 November 2018 - 12:41 PM

Baby_Clicks / mill85 - great news on your results girls. I'm having mine this coming Monday. Can I ask how long you both waited?

#247 mill85

Posted 21 November 2018 - 12:54 PM

I had my bloods done around 3pm on Thursday and results were in after lunchtime on the Tuesday. We went through percept.

#248 maybebabyttc#1

Posted 21 November 2018 - 12:58 PM

Well we had our first scan at 8 weeks yesterday and they’ve kept the dates the same. Little bub had a strong heartbeat at 162bpm. It’s our first bub so it’s all very new but starting to feel a little bit more real. The next 4 weeks feel like they’ll drag though and I’m terrible at keeping secrets. Glad all of your results came back well. We’ll definitely be doing the same in a few weeks

#249 Adgirl

Posted 21 November 2018 - 02:34 PM

Fingers crossed: I am utterly devastated for you, I cannot imagine what you are going through. Sending love and comfort your way x

Stimstar: all the best for your scan

Mill85: congrats on another little boy! How wonderful

Baby click: congrats on the little girl! So sweet!

Maybe baby: so glad to hear the scan went well! That’s so great

AFM: my thought that I got away without morning sickness was wrong, Monday I ticked over to 8 weeks and I’ve vomited every day since. Struggling really badly with nausea and vomiting.

Have my 10 week scan and NIPT on 3rd December and my 13 week anatomy scan on Christmas Eve. We will announce after that scan. So excited to find out what baby is, still have a gut feeling it’s a girl.

#250 maybebabyttc#1

Posted 21 November 2018 - 06:22 PM

Oh Adgirl, I feel your pain with the morning sickness. I’ve only thrown up once so far but gosh is the nausea horrendous and unrelenting. I seem to be in a continual cycle of ‘do I need to eat or vomit?’ I really hope it will pass soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.