Due in June 2019 chat #1

• Please log in to reply
279 replies to this topic

#101 sweetpea8

Posted 17 October 2018 - 07:37 PM

Sorry to hear Amelie. Take good care of yourself.

Good luck for tomorrow ThatChick. Fingers crossed for you.

xx

#102 lilpuddin

Posted 17 October 2018 - 08:27 PM

Wow it has been a hot minute since I’ve checked this thread and I’m so, so sorry to hear about all the ladies who have been experiencing some unsettling symptoms lately..

Amelie, my heart is honestly breaking for you, please look after yourself during this time, I will be keeping you in my thoughts 💕💕

ThatChick, I have all my fingers and toes crossed for you! Keep thinking positive, I’ll be keeping you in my thoughts as well 😊

Sending lots of loves and hugs to you all xxxxxx

#103 A&J+

Posted 18 October 2018 - 05:35 AM

Sorry to hear some of you are experiencing bleeding and getting worrying news fingers crossed for you all!!

AFM I have been getting headaches constantly (this is expected since I have had it with all my pregnancies) also the nausea has ramped up and I have been getting dizzy at work. I have made an appointment with my dr for the 30th (couldn’t get in to see him any early then that unfortunately) and will get a scan hopefully just after that when I am about 8ish weeks.

#104 LuckyStar2015

Posted 18 October 2018 - 11:40 AM

Amelie - my thoughts are with you. I know that doesn't do much to help, but thought I would say it.

Thatchick - how are you going today?

A&J - I was having mega headaches! Never had those before... how do you cope ??

AFM - I have my 7 week scan in a couple of hours. I'm very paranoid as for the past few days all of my "symptoms" have basically disappeared. I have no nausea, no headaches, no longer feeling tired. Also, I had really bad back pain and cramps a couple of days ago. I'm obviously feeling very negative about it all. Hopefully good news in a couple of hours, rather than bad news!

#105 A&J+

Posted 18 October 2018 - 01:11 PM

LuckyStar- I try and drink water and take Panadol when I need to and normally end up going to bed not long after my kids do it doesn’t make it go away but I don’t have a lot of choice but to push through them and keep going since I have other kids as well as work etc. if they get to bad you can ask your doctor for something stronger then Panadol unfortunately for me the stuff they gave me with my first ended up making me sick and really sleepy so I won’t be doing that again lol.

#106 AmelieC

Posted 18 October 2018 - 01:32 PM

Hi everyone, thank you for your thoughts and kind words. I went to get a scan today because I was feeling very off and concerned about ectopic pregnancy. Fortunately the scan did not show an ectopic pregnancy, but unfortunately it did not show anything in there at all.

Wishing all of you lovely ladies the very best for the coming months and beyond x

#107 JCH86

Posted 18 October 2018 - 03:15 PM

View PostAmelieC, on 18 October 2018 - 01:32 PM, said:

Hi everyone, thank you for your thoughts and kind words. I went to get a scan today because I was feeling very off and concerned about ectopic pregnancy. Fortunately the scan did not show an ectopic pregnancy, but unfortunately it did not show anything in there at all.

Wishing all of you lovely ladies the very best for the coming months and beyond x

I'm so sorry to hear that Amelie. Look after yourself and I hope that you have success next time xx

#108 ThatChick

Posted 18 October 2018 - 03:25 PM

sweetpea8 & lilpuddin - thanks for the well wishes ladies. XoXoX

A&J+ - you poor thing. I suffer from headaches too so I feel you. As much as I hate taking any medication at any point I do find that Nurofen works well when I have headaches. Its a bit of a killer that we cannot use during pregnancy. I hope you feel better asap. XoXoX

AmelieC - I'm so sorry to hear your news. I've been where you are and I know what you're feeling. Be kind to yourself hun. I will keep an eye out for you in the forums. Sending you positive sticky vibes. XoXoX

LuckyStar2015 - how did you go with your scan?? Whilst a change in symptoms can be disconcerting, as hard as it is, I've learned not to read too much into it. I had the WORST symptoms with my missed miscarriage and had no reason to believe anything was wrong. Please let us know how you go today. XoXoX

AFM- I'm doing okay. Since the extra bit of spotting last night things seem to have eased. I have a blood test this morning to check HCGs again, I've called my doctor and the receptionist said the results are already in (5 hour turn around time is pretty impressive). I'm just waiting on a phone call from the doc.
I had a scan today. Being so early I didn't expect to see much. It was more to rule out ectopic and possiblly to see the source of the bleed. Sac is in the uterus so no ectopic, couldn't see any bleeding. Based on a 28 day cycle the doc has me at 5w1d. For the last 4-5 months I've had a 27 day cycle so I'm pretty sure I ovulated 1 day earlier. The scan had me at 5w5d which I found interesting which puts me even further along then what would have thought.

So now it's just a waiting game. I'll have to wait for a scan at 7-8 weeks. The waiting is the biggest bummer. *Sigh*

#109 Discombobulatedx3

Posted 18 October 2018 - 04:07 PM

Hi Every one.
I’m dipping my toes in here, hopefully I’ll be sticking around. Currently 5 weeks 1 day I think and tests are nice and dark which is amazing as I had a chemical last month :(
This will hopefully be our 4th Bub, we have 3 girls and I live in Tassie!

Just to get right into it- Is any one having any little tingles and aches? , every thing is stressing me out. The joys of early pregnancy hey? I don’t get symptoms early on so that’s always stressing me out also!

Any way I can’t wait to share the next 7-8 months and beyond with you ladies.

#110 FingersCrossed123

Posted 18 October 2018 - 08:37 PM

Hi Dis,

Yes I am having tingles, aches and some cramps. No bleeding so I'm just holding out for the first scan. I'm 6+2 today and have a 7 week scan on Wednesday.

I'm also quite nauseous and tired, breasts are tingly/aches.

I am quite worried, it's my first pregnancy so I don't know what to expect. It also took a long time with fertility treatments to get to this point so I am even more terrified of it not working out.

Edited by FingersCrossed123, 18 October 2018 - 08:38 PM.

#111 sweetpea8

Posted 18 October 2018 - 08:43 PM

Hi Fingers, I’m right there with you. I had quite a lot of cramps and tingles and a little bit of spotting. I’m still having weird abdominal/stomach stuff. We had a scan at 6w1d and everything was spot on. I am absolutely sure it’ll be the same for you. Wednesday is getting so close, and I’m crossing it all for a great result for you. Once you see it’s in the right spot and hopefully a heartbeat, I’ll be coming to you for shared tips on how to not obsess and worry over every single thing! Really good luck and don’t drive yourself bonkers with the worry. xx

#112 LuckyStar2015

Posted 18 October 2018 - 10:09 PM

Amelie - I’m so so sorry.

That chick - great news!

A&J - thanks! If my headaches return I’ll give panadol a go. I’ve got a toddler and work as well - I know what you mean - I’m in bed at 8.30!

Fingers - good luck with your scan on Wednesday!

Dis & sweet - great news for you both - congrats and yay!

AFM - Well, I had my scan today. I’m in a complete state of shock. We are having twins! TWINS! Just goes to show zero symptoms means nothing! My husband and I are slightly panicking ..... !

#113 ThatChick

Posted 18 October 2018 - 10:36 PM

Discombobulatedx3 - welcome and congrats :) I can certainly relate to the tingles, niggle and aches. I'm currently experience a lot of discomfort in my groin on both sides which is a new thing. I'm hoping it's just some stretching and pressure. The joys!!

LuckyStar15 - OMG CONGRATULATIONS X2. How exciting!! See I told ya sysmtoms or lack of don't necessarily mean something. I'm sitting here writing with the biggest smile on my face hearing such positive news. I'm inclined to say that your reaction is totally normal and warranted :) :) :) looking very forward to sharing the journey with you over the next 8 or so months!!

Edited by ThatChick, 18 October 2018 - 10:37 PM.

#114 MissTR

Posted 19 October 2018 - 12:29 AM

Congratulations to all the new comers and especially on the twins luckystar!

I'm bowing out, I miscarried 3 days ago.

I wish you all a very uneventful 8 months!

#115 A&J+

Posted 19 October 2018 - 05:04 AM

Wow congratulations LuckyStar my husband (the crazy man) wants Twins 😮 and I am also in bed by 8:30 lol

MissTR I’m so sorry for your loss! Take care of yourself.

AFM not much to really say that’s new since I can’t even get into see a doctor until the 30th. I am rather bloated and the headaches have definitely come to stay by the looks of it. It’s my 1 year wedding anniversary on the 21st and a friend of mine is being induced to have her baby on that day so I am hopeful Sunday will be a good day.

#116 FingersCrossed123

Posted 19 October 2018 - 06:31 AM

MissTR - I'm so sorry for your loss, look after yourself.

Luckstar - congrats, what a surprise. My sister has non identical twins, it's amazing and they are great together. Are yours identical or non identical?
It's a lot to get used to but we're all here to support you :)

Sweet pea- thank you so much for your kind words. It's so nerve wracking when you don't know what each ache and pain means. I'm trying my best to enjoy it and take each day as it comes. How are you feeling otherwise?

#117 lilpuddin

Posted 19 October 2018 - 03:35 PM

Luckystar- wow twins!! what a wonderful surprise! So so happy for you hun 😍👶🏻👶🏻

MissTR - I’m so sorry that you have had to experience this loss, I’ll be keeping my fingers and toes crossed that the next one is a sticky one for you!

AFM I had my scan this morning and babe is looking perfect! Measuring at 7w1d which is only 1 day behind thank goodness! Saw the little heart beat which was going strong at 144bpm 💕 to say I’m relieved is an understatement!! My mum came to the scan with me and she cried when she saw the heart beating (I did a little bit too lol) but I just couldn’t stop smiling knowing that my lil bean is okay in there 😍

#118 FingersCrossed123

Posted 19 October 2018 - 03:49 PM

Yay Lilpuddin that is so good to hear! When will you get to see the bub again next?

#119 sweetpea8

Posted 19 October 2018 - 04:17 PM

MissTR, I’m really sorry. I hope you’ve got lots of support around you. Take care of yourself.

Lucky! Twins! Incredible! Were you anticipating the possibility?! Congrats.

Fingers - I’m travelling okay. Experiencing cramps (I think because of the pessaries).

Yay, lilpuddin, on the scan! So exciting.

Question for you all: Is anyone else on progesterone pessaries and experiencing cramps? It’s crap. And I think they’re irritating my cervix which is giving me really tiny bits of spotting every couple of days. Am really over it. And I have to stay on them until 12 weeks because I had an artificial FET. 😒

xx

#120 bloatedtobean

Posted 19 October 2018 - 07:13 PM

Hi ladies!

I have been creeping in the background for a while as I couldn't get my account to work! But hoorah - I am not able to post :-)

Congrats to everyone. Exciting (and anxiety producing) times ahead.

I am 6and1.
First HCG was 355, second four days later (6 days ago now) was 2080.
Dating scan booked for 1st Nov.

Lovely to see so many bubbles due in June 😍

#121 bloatedtobean

Posted 19 October 2018 - 07:15 PM

Hi ladies!

I have been creeping in the background for a while as I couldn't get my account to work! But hoorah - I am not able to post :-)

Congrats to everyone. Exciting (and anxiety producing) times ahead.

I am 6and1.
First HCG was 355, second four days later (6 days ago now) was 2080.
Dating scan booked for 1st Nov.

Lovely to see so many bubbles due in June 😍

#122 JCH86

Posted 19 October 2018 - 08:37 PM

So sorry to read your news MissTR. Look after yourself xx

Luckystar, I'm so pumped that you're having twins! So exciting! Do twins run in your family?

Welcome bloatedtobean and congratulations!

I had a scare two nights ago when i started having really bad cramps that felt identical to my miscarriage cramps last month. I went to the Dr yesterday and she checked my hcg levels - result came back today at 15,700 which she is happy with for 5w4d. She has asked me to get retested tomorrow and has booked me an ultrasound for Monday when I am 6 weeks to check on how things are going. My cramps have settled down and thankfully there hasn't been any bleeding. My husband is away and i had such a sleepless night convinced that I was going to miscarry again. Pregnancy is really bloody anxiety inducing!!

#123 FingersCrossed123

Posted 21 October 2018 - 11:05 AM

JCH86 - Wishing you luck for your US tomorrow. I am having random cramps too. I think it can be quite normal as things are growing in there but also terrifying as you don't know if its a good or bad cramp. especially as you have experienced MC recently it can be a very anxious time.

Sweetpea - not on progesterone currently but I was last cycle (gel not pessaries) and it was a nightmare! and that was only 2 weeks! Can't imagine how you are feeling doing them up to 12 weeks. I would call the nurse and ask for advice. I have seen some ladies alternate where they put them to reduce irritation?

Welcome Bloatedtobean :)

AFM - 6+5 today and feeling exhausted, spent most of the weekend asleep or thinking about it! still having some cramps every now and again but less so, and most food makes me feel sick except salt and vinegar chips - so random.

My first scan is on Wednesday and I can't wait to find out what is going on in there.

#124 mill85

Posted 21 October 2018 - 11:23 AM

Firstly I am so sorry to those ladies who have lost their babes. Look after yourselves xxx

I am having all day exhaustion. Slept in until 9.30 this morning and still feel exhausted. Thought i might be low on iron but apparently all blood were normal- just don't remember being this exhausted during the day with my other pregnancies. Have had bad sickness on and off, it will be awful for a few days then not so bad for a day or two then back to rubbish- is anyone else the same?

Trying very hard to remain positive but given both our losses were missed miscarriages (at 16.5 and also 11 weeks) with absolutely no signs it is very hard. GP has recommended a 'viability'scan which i am having on Friday. I am way more nervous knowing i have to have a scan than i am excited. Just want this time to pass quickly so i can know if we will be welcoming another sweet baby or not. Sorry to be a downer -not many people know so it is hard to vent anywhere else x

#125 ThatChick

Posted 21 October 2018 - 02:24 PM

MissTR - Sorry for your loss.. look after yourself. Sending plenty of sticky vibes your way. All the best xxx

A&J+ - congrats on your wedding anniversary. Did you friend have her baby ??

lilpuddin - great to hear that things are tracking well for you. How exciting :)

Sweetpea8 - no experience here with progesterone pessaries. I'm sorry to hear that your experiencing this discomfort. It's not as if we don't have enough to deal with is it.. hope things settle for you real quick. Xx

bloatedtobean - congrats and welcome. :)

JCH86 - sorry to hear that your having some troubles. You're so right regarding pregnancy being anxiety inducing. If it's not one thing it's another. Please keep us posted on your results. Thinking of you xxx

Mill85 - I'm feeling you. Don't apologise hun. I'm in the same boat. As I mentioned previously I suffered a missed miscarriage that we discovered at 10.3 weeks. I had no reason to believe that anything was wrong, I was sick as with the worst nausea. This time at 4.6 weeks I've had a bit of spotting so it just adds to the worry. Unfortunately we've just gotta wait it out and try to be positive. Xx

AFM: my HCGs are good and slightly more then doubling over 48 hours. Spotting as disappeared. Doc has given me all of my referals for hospital, NIPT tests and the 12/13 week scan too. To my relief she offered me a viability scan at 7 weeks which made me feel heaps better. So I'll be calling to book that in tomorrow for around the 31st. Very nervous to be honest.

My nausea has really ramped up today as have my headaches. Up until yesterday it was sporadic and coming in small waves throughout the day. Today is my worst day yet, no vomiting but definately pretty quesy. I seem to feel better lying down, as soon as I go vertical I'm feeling pretty crappy. I also be feel like my boobies are inflating.. yay....Not!!!

Edited by ThatChick, 21 October 2018 - 02:55 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.