Due in June 2019 chat #1

• Please log in to reply
274 replies to this topic

#1 Sandra

Posted 03 October 2018 - 11:29 AM

Welcome to your own little section ladies and a HUGE congratulations.

:BFP: :BFP: :babyboy: :babygirl: :babyboy: :babygirl: :BFP: :BFP:  

Enjoy this wonderful journey and I wish you all a wonderful birth.

Please make sure you read this forums rules in particular Facebook, this group is a safe place and inclusive of anyone due in this month.

If you need any help just let me know.

Enjoy!

#2 FingersCrossed123

Posted 03 October 2018 - 11:34 AM

Hi Everyone

I am a bit keen to post in here - I'm 4 weeks and 1 day.

But it's been 21 months of trying for us including an unsuccessful IVF cycle before falling pregnant naturally, so we are super excited!

My due date is currently 11th June.

Look forward to sharing the next 9 months with you all :)

#3 Baby_Clicks

Posted 03 October 2018 - 12:30 PM

Hi Fingerscrossed123! Congratulations after such a long journey. You must be ecstatic!

I'm 4 weeks 4 days today,  due 08 Jun. This is our first ever BFP so I'm very nervous and excited!  I'm hoping everything goes smoothly and we welcome a little healthy bub in 8 months.  

I have my first OB appointment 12 Oct and I'll tell my family at that.  Everything moves so quickly!

#4 Sammy2018

Posted 03 October 2018 - 01:27 PM

So excited the June group is open!!
I'm currently 4+4.
I have been having lots of symptoms over the past week including nauseas and extreme fatigue. Today though I feel back to my normal self so I'm really hoping that's not a bad sign!

#5 sweetpea8

Posted 03 October 2018 - 02:04 PM

Hi everyone, and especially hi to Fingerscrossed (congrats on the pregnancy, I didn’t see in the Assisted Conception forum, how exciting!).

I’m also 4w4d and excited/nervous. I got pregnant from my first Frozen Embryo Transfer in our first IVF cycle after trying unsuccessfully to conceive for 18 months. This is my first ever time being pregnant, so I’m pretty fixated on any little twinge or symptom. 🤷🏼‍♀️

It still feels a bit unreal and despite getting a good blood test result for my first hCG level test on Monday, I’m hanging out for tomorrow when I’ll get my second test results which will hopefully show that the hCG is rising. Then keeping my fingers crossed until we see that little heartbeat in week 6 and get discharged from the fertility clinic.

Looking forward to getting to know you all better over the coming months! And yay again to us all. xx

#6 lilpuddin

Posted 03 October 2018 - 02:30 PM

Finally June is open, I’ve been dying waiting to join in the DIG over the last week and a bit!!

Currently 5 weeks on the dot with bub #1, due June 5. Had my first bloods last Thursday and HCG came back at 168 so definitely preggo! Unfortunately my rubella screen came back as negative so I have low/no immunity to rubella which is super worrying as I am heading overseas in a month. Thankfully it’s only to Hawaii which should be fairly safe but still can’t help but be a little unsettled about it all 👎🏼 I have another GP appointment tomorrow night and he will refer me to the gynaecologist to talk about it further. If anyone else has this/has had this before, I would be keen to know what your experience was like!

In more exciting news, I have my dating scan booked for 19 October which I’m soooooo excited for!! Can’t wait to see the little heart beat 😍💕

#7 Miss Purple

Posted 03 October 2018 - 02:46 PM

I’m also 4 weeks 1 day and due June 11. A bit shocked and surprised after only deciding in July that we’d try for #2 after a very challenging 3 years with our first. Very much hoping to avoid major complications experienced previously!

Congratulations on your pregnancies ladies!

#8 Leafy7

Posted 03 October 2018 - 03:15 PM

Yay, congratulations to everyone here! :dance:
Especially to those strong mamas who've been trying for a long time, wishing you all the best of luck!

I'm also 5 weeks today, due on June 5th!
And coincidentally, I'm also travelling to America soon, visiting hubby's parents there for 3 months, so I'll be overseas for some of the important scans. (That's the part I'm most nervous about at the moment, because I won't have a familiar doctor and the healthcare costs are so much more expensive.)

This is my first pregnancy, and to my surprise and excitement, we were lucky enough to get pregnant in the first cycle!
I have PCOS with very irregular periods and vaginismus which made BD difficult, and it took my mum many years and fertility treatment to eventually have me, so I am honestly a bit shocked that everything is happening so quickly! But very relieved and excited!!!

#9 mama_j

Posted 03 October 2018 - 04:53 PM

Hi all!
I'm nervously/excitedly/disbelief posting here too at 4+2. EDD 10/6.

This is baby #3 for us, with our older 2 boys being 9 & 6!!! It took me awhile to convince hubby that we needed a #3, so even though we fell within a few months of trying it feels like YEARS in the making lol.

Had HCG and Progesterone at 4+1. HCG 133 and Prog 50.1, so numbers look good according to google!

I'm a little nervous as I am 35 (will be 36 when bub is born), and have chronic hypertension so am on medication already for my BP (no issues last pregnancies!), so I'm just quietly crossing everything for a smooth and healthy 8 months for bub and I.

We have a dating scan the 22/10 and I am sooo looking forward to seeing a little heartbeat <3

Is anyone else getting the Harmony test done???

Congrats everyone, really looking forward to sharing this journey with you all :) J x

Edited by mama_j, 03 October 2018 - 04:54 PM.

#10 Pal30

Posted 03 October 2018 - 08:29 PM

Sorry im sure im out

Edited by Pal30, 04 October 2018 - 05:30 AM.

#11 FingersCrossed123

Posted 03 October 2018 - 09:36 PM

Hi Sweet pea! Great to see you've moved over to this group :)

I have my second beta tomorrow as well. Wishing the best of luck to both of us!

Feels so weird, like I am not pregnant at all, then I remember! Only symptoms are needing to go to the bathroom a 1,000 times a day and some random breast twinges.

How are you feeling?

Welcome to everyone else, and congratulations to you all!

#12 mama_j

Posted 04 October 2018 - 06:11 AM

Oh Pal30, I’m so sorry 😢

#13 sweetpea8

Posted 04 October 2018 - 06:43 AM

Sorry to hear Pal30. Sending you lots of strength and good wishes.

Fingerscrossed, I feel totally weird. The only real symptom I’m having is pulling/cramping in my abdomen, which is a bit unsettling, but I hope it’s totally normal. It just feels so bizarre to have tried for so long and then boom, pregnant from the first transfer. Wild.

But you getting pregnant on a break! That’s like the white whale! Congrats. It’s really exciting.

Hopefully we both get great hCG levels and then can coast a little until the six week scan. 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

Edited by sweetpea8, 04 October 2018 - 06:43 AM.

#14 Sammy2018

Posted 04 October 2018 - 09:17 AM

Sweetpea I was having quite consistent cramos right up until about 4 and a half weeks. I'm only just 5 weeks not so it's really only just settled down. Apparently it's normal!

#15 mill85

Posted 04 October 2018 - 09:40 AM

Hey everyone,

I am super tentatively saying hi. This is pregnancy number 6 (OMG!) for me and hopefully number 4 baby earth side. Unfortunately we lost a massive surprise baby earlier this year at almost 12 weeks so I am pretty anxious this time around. This was also a total surprise but we are hoping this little bean sticks around. Trying to keep busy with my other 3 while this LONG 12 weeks passes.

Mama_j- I will be getting the harmony. I had it with the last two babes and given i am a fair bit older now than i was with my firstborn i am keen to know all is ok. Finding out the sex is an added bonus too.

Wishing everyone an uneventful 9 months.

Forgot to add my period wasn't due until Tuesday just gone but i was getting strong BFP since last Friday. So guessing i am 4.2ish now.
xx

Edited by mill85, 04 October 2018 - 09:46 AM.

#16 Baby_Clicks

Posted 04 October 2018 - 12:36 PM

Pal30 I am so sorry. That is the worst news. Please look after yourself x

#17 MissTR

Posted 04 October 2018 - 02:37 PM

Hi all congratulations on the bfp's!!! I'm sorry ti hear you're out pal30. I remember you from AC forum fighterscrossed, I'm so pleased to see you here! Don't worry about the cramps sweetpea it's pretty normal, just kinda feels like period pain right?

Mamaj probably won't get the harmony test unless the 12 week again shows high risk for anything. You can find out the gender at the 20 week scan anyway.  

I think I'm 4+1 due 12 June, I got my blood test results yesterday and told my doctor I can't deal right now let's discuss it next month. This pregnancy was a big shock. Took 18 months, ivf and a miscarriage to conceive our little girl,  she's just turned 6 months so there will only be a 14.5 month gap between babies.  We didn't think we'd conceive easily when we decided to try for number 2 so I'm in shock to say the least.

I haven't told hubby yet, we're going to Europe for a month on Monday so I'm thinking I'll tell him when he's relaxed (and preferably tipsy) and hopefully he thinks it's funny 😁 I'm trying to come up with some funny gag to tell him so if y'all have any ideas let me know

#18 sweetpea8

Posted 04 October 2018 - 04:29 PM

Thanks guys. Nice to hear the cramps are normal.

I’m so excited, just got my second blood test and hCG has shot up to 816 so am feeling really positive now. Just booked in for the 6 week scan and will hold my fingers crossed for the 11 days until then. Fingerscrossed, how was your second beta today? Hoping all on track for you.

Cramps have settled today and am feeling a bit nauseous. Not ideal, but to be expected, I suppose.

xx

#19 Baby_Clicks

Posted 04 October 2018 - 04:32 PM

A quick question about blood tests, because I'm not sure I've had the right ones!

The doctor I saw on 12DPO had me give blood for a whole range of tests and I'm yet to hear the results (now 19DPO). I'm not sure this checked my HCG level, she just took my word for it that I was pregnant. I showed her the 4 tests I had taken that morning!

How do people know their doubling rate for HCG? Is this something that would normally be checked, or is it being checked because you have other complications or are going through a fertility clinic? I have an appointment with my OB at 6 weeks, but I have no idea what is going on in there right now. I'm 32, no known health issues, no previous BFPs and everything seems ok so far... though I'm getting a bit concerned about the lack of symptoms. I only have breast tenderness and a little cramping and another FRER on 17DPO gave me a very strong line.

#20 mill85

Posted 04 October 2018 - 04:38 PM

Baby_clicks- I never had serial beta hcgs (that is actually a lie i did last preg because they were low!) and unless you have a past history of miscarriage or fertility issues i doubt they would do it. A one off or even just doing a test at the doctors is enough- my GP takes my word for it too :)

Edited by mill85, 04 October 2018 - 04:39 PM.

#21 FingersCrossed123

Posted 04 October 2018 - 05:52 PM

Happy to report hcg has gone up from 133 to 420! So all looking good and booked in for a 7 week scan at the fertility clinic.

Also called the OB and got booked in for a 9 week scan with them.

Just got to kill time in here for the next 3 weeks :)

#22 sweetpea8

Posted 04 October 2018 - 10:04 PM

Hi Baby Clicks, yes, I conceived via IVF, so the doctor wants to make sure it’s likely to be a viable pregnancy before they discharge you, so typically a couple of blood tests to make sure your hCG is rising and your progesterone is on track then a scan to see the heartbeat. Then they send you on your way.

Fingerscrossed, very happy for you! Good luck for the waiting. I’ve only got to wait a week and a half for the scan and that feels interminably loooooong.

#23 MissTR

Posted 05 October 2018 - 05:04 AM

Babyclicks the serial beta tests are a fertility clinic thing, they need to heri an eye on things because they mess with your hormones so much. I had a blood test for hcg this time because I  just had a baby and I'm still breastfeeding so doctor wanted to be sure it wasn't a maybe.

Congrats on the great numbers to you both!

#24 Baby_Clicks

Posted 05 October 2018 - 09:24 AM

Thanks everyone! That is a relief. The GP I saw forgot to put my name and date of my LMP on the OB referral so I was concerned they may have missed something else... I was also sent for a 10 week blood test at 4 weeks! Fingers crossed the OB is a little more knowledgeable :)

#25 lilpuddin

Posted 05 October 2018 - 01:36 PM

Well the “morning” (more like all friggin day) sickness is officially kicking me in the a*se the the moment! While it’s all totally worth it to know that our little bean is growing and doing everything he/she should be, I don’t think I can bring myself to eat anymore mi goreng noodle cups which seems to be the only thing I can keep down 👎🏼 I asked my mum and she said she had pretty bad morning sickness from around 5 1/2 to 9 weeks with both pregnancies so fx I only have a few more weeks of this!

How is everybody else coping with their symptoms so far?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.