October 2018

• Please log in to reply
424 replies to this topic

#401 lau32

Posted 28 October 2018 - 03:37 AM

Thank you so much beachesbaby this is really helpful. I meant 2 cycles in 3 months sorry!

Ah okay I will definitely ask for one of those! That does seem unusual doesn’t it with it being none hormone. So difficult trying to get answers! I’m actually praying this cycle isn’t 60 days / I honestly think I will loose my mind! One of my friends cycles after the pill has regulated at 39 which is the longer side but I could deal with that!

Let’s see what November holds for us all ladies! All I see on FB and IG is babies... I just hope it’s all us one day! Xx

#402 Disydo2018

Posted 28 October 2018 - 07:20 AM

Sorry to hear you're finding things hard, Peebs. Happy birthday and I hope your wish is just around the corner.

AFM I've had a confusing OPK result this morning and would really appreciate some insight.

For the last 4-5 months I've been using OPKs and have been ovulating around day 22-25 and my cycle has been 30 something days. This has made me rather concerned about my LP. I should say though that my cycles were a bit irregular since coming off the pill.

So because I thought that I ovulated late, I've been starting the OPKs from about day 19 and getting the LH surge, as I say, around day 23ish.

BUT! This month I followed Claire's advice in an earlier post and started testing at CD10. That was yesterday and I got a blank smiley in the CB test but today, CD11 I have a flashing smiling meaning my estrogen is up! So perhaps I'm going to have a normal cycle this month!

Unfortunately I stuffed up my temperature reading this morning, so no help there. I have for the last two days had very wet and watery CM though...

Anyway, not sure what I'm asking just wanted to share really - fingers crossed I O again soon and have a normal cycle!

Has anyone else experienced very different o timing?

#403 lau32

Posted 28 October 2018 - 08:10 AM

That sounds very promising disydo that you might have a more regular cycle this month! All the signs are there and the flashing smiley! :)

I hope I don’t ovulate early next month / as much as I don’t want an extremely long one either as I’m away around my cycle day 14. I’m away for a full week with work! So frustrating as I’ve missed my last two and only two O. One from him being away and 1 from me! 🙈 I might test from cycle day 10 on the cheapies to be sure and like everyone advised used the CB digital when I have more of an idea.

You can still probably confirm with temps though can’t you? If you do the next few days?

#404 zeldazonk

Posted 28 October 2018 - 08:53 AM

disydo that does sound like O might not be too far away! If you're not already, I would start BDing now (every second day) just to be safe.

AFM, 13DPO and BFN. So now I am waiting for AF and then it is on to IVF for us...

#405 Disydo2018

Posted 28 October 2018 - 09:14 AM

Thanks Lau and Zelda! We have been BDing every second day so will keep it up!

I really hope it's just too early for the BFP Zelda. FX!

#406 Elkcin

Posted 28 October 2018 - 03:31 PM

Hello ladies. Thinking of you all who haven’t had the results you want.

AFM I got a little excited this afternoon with some spotting after 40 days. DH even gave me a high five!

I know that many of you are hoping that AF doesn’t visit but I’m the opposite and want AF to come so I can have CD1 and hopefully get TTC underway. Fingers crossed the spotting turns into something more.

#407 lau32

Posted 29 October 2018 - 12:24 AM

Wishing you luck Zelda!

Elkcin - this is what I’ve been like but I know my mindset is going to change within the next cycle or so... when I get more of an idea on ovulation etc and I’m TTC properly. This is good news I’m sure it will be here for you in a day or so. Did you say you was gonna temp too?

#408 Elkcin

Posted 29 October 2018 - 06:47 AM

Lau32 - not going to temp. Just going with the flow and seeing how things turn out. I have a very stressful job and so I don’t want TTC to be hard work and stressful. I’m trying to change things at work because I know that stress is no good for TTC.

Now that AF has arrived I think I now realise that I got the O sign and didn’t know that was it. I said to DH on the 16th that something was happening as I had heaps of CM out of the blue that evening when I’ve basically had none the entire time. I wouldn’t have described it as EWCM but in hindsight I think it must have been and I just didn’t know what I was looking at.

#409 furbaby84

Posted 29 October 2018 - 08:22 AM

Zelda - I’ve been following you this month, just not commenting, did you get any other squinters or was it just the one? I saw that IVF is your next step, can I ask why? Did your FS recommend it? Just curious.

Peebs - happy birthday, I’m sorry you’re feeling down. I turn 34 in December and I was hoping that I’d be pregnant again by then, but I don’t think its going to happen. I’m trying not to put more deadlines on myself. Our anniversary is in Jan so I’m telling myself at least if I’m still not pregnant then, I can have a drink & sit in the jacuzzi!

AFM - haven’t been on here a while, my cycle for October started at 2.5mg of Femara, with no results, so they bumped me up to 5mg (which is what got me pregnant in June) and I didn’t think I’d ovulate, so went to NZ for a holiday without hubby. Turns out I ovulated the day I got back, so CD30! So annoying, we didn’t BD because I didn’t think I would ovulate at all… no CM or anything! In hindsight I was feeling really warm and had ovulation pain, but I get that kind of pain a lot, I think its when my ovaries are trying to ovulate and sometimes don’t. Oh well, bad timing I guess.

Anyway, so now I have to wait another 2 weeks for AF to show, then onto injects! I have high hopes they’ll be more predictable and hopefully if I’m ovulating every month it’ll only be a matter of time.

So I guess I’ll come back to the forums in late November/December :-(

#410 lau32

Posted 29 October 2018 - 08:49 AM

View PostElkcin, on 29 October 2018 - 06:47 AM, said:

Lau32 - not going to temp. Just going with the flow and seeing how things turn out. I have a very stressful job and so I don’t want TTC to be hard work and stressful. I’m trying to change things at work because I know that stress is no good for TTC.

Now that AF has arrived I think I now realise that I got the O sign and didn’t know that was it. I said to DH on the 16th that something was happening as I had heaps of CM out of the blue that evening when I’ve basically had none the entire time. I wouldn’t have described it as EWCM but in hindsight I think it must have been and I just didn’t know what I was looking at.

Yeah I agree temping and opks can get quite stressful so it’s good to relax and go with it. Especially until your more into a regular cycle which might happen quicker for you. Same with my job - it’s very stressful which I know doesn’t help and I’ve also not been at the gym properly for months as I’ve felt quite low and I know working out can help also! With C.M. I had a bit of EWCM first cycle but non the second cycle which worries me. But maybe it’s all part of our hormones regulating. I definitely got watery but no EW. Seen 4 more pregnancy announcements in just 1 day! Xx

#411 zeldazonk

Posted 29 October 2018 - 10:22 AM

I have a stressful job too. My FS keeps telling me to reduce my stress levels - much easier said than done! I have used opks pretty regularly for a year, but temping has always been too hard so I haven't bothered.

CD27 and AF has turned up (a day early). So we will be starting IVF in November.

Furbaby84 - the reason for going straight to IVF was because my FS considers my age to be the most likely reason for my recurrent miscarriages (due to poor egg quality). Therefore, she has strongly recommended IVF with pgs, so we only transfer chromosome normal embryos. This means an egg collection in November (or early Dec depending on my cycle and response to the drugs) and (fingers and everything else crossed!) a transfer in January.  

Wishing you all the very best for the injects Furbaby. Hopefully regulation ovulation will be all you need for that BFP x

#412 Kaieve

Posted 29 October 2018 - 12:53 PM

Hi all
Am in the 2 week wait to see if I’m pregnant with #4.
Very sore nipples, very bloated and general heavy achey feeling down low. Not usual symptoms for me at this stage of my cycle so hoping i get a BFP soon when I test.
Love to all, hoping we all get great news very soon 💕

#413 Crazyone26989

Posted 29 October 2018 - 03:15 PM

hugs to all those who have gotten BFN and AF.

Lau32 I'm hoping your body is getting back on track!

Claire_L big hugs and good luck with the next cycle.

I started temping and OPKs this month and was just getting super frustrated when on CD18 I got a positive OPK. My temps are a bit all over the place porbablt becuase I don't sleep well in the early hours of the morning. We've BD twice in the last four days and will today and tomorrow so fingers crossed.

#414 Claire__

Posted 29 October 2018 - 03:24 PM

View PostCrazyone26989, on 29 October 2018 - 03:15 PM, said:

hugs to all those who have gotten BFN and AF.

Lau32 I'm hoping your body is getting back on track!

Claire_L big hugs and good luck with the next cycle.

I started temping and OPKs this month and was just getting super frustrated when on CD18 I got a positive OPK. My temps are a bit all over the place porbablt becuase I don't sleep well in the early hours of the morning. We've BD twice in the last four days and will today and tomorrow so fingers crossed.

When I first started using OPK for my DS I was frustrated too when I hadn’t got a flashing or solid smiley when they say. Turns out I just ovulate later in the month. It’s totally normal at CD18. I’m assuming your cycles are 30-33 days?

#415 Claire__

Posted 29 October 2018 - 03:33 PM

And to those with stressful jobs. If youre anything like me , when you do get your BFP- all the care for work seems to evaporate and your sole focus becomes growing your baby. Plus if you get M/S, work will be the last thing on your mind xxx

#416 Crazyone26989

Posted 29 October 2018 - 04:08 PM

View PostClaire_L, on 29 October 2018 - 03:24 PM, said:

When I first started using OPK for my DS I was frustrated too when I hadn’t got a flashing or solid smiley when they say. Turns out I just ovulate later in the month. It’s totally normal at CD18. I’m assuming your cycles are 30-33 days?

My cycles are all over the place right now LOL. I've had 27, 33 and 38 but I am assuming this one will be around 33. Now I'm just hoping I get the temperature spike over the next few days to confirm ovulation!

#417 Claire__

Posted 29 October 2018 - 05:20 PM

View PostCrazyone26989, on 29 October 2018 - 04:08 PM, said:

My cycles are all over the place right now LOL. I've had 27, 33 and 38 but I am assuming this one will be around 33. Now I'm just hoping I get the temperature spike over the next few days to confirm ovulation!

I really hope you do!
I’m going to start OPK tomorrow morning and will probably use an entire box..*sigh* from CD8-18(or more) mainly because I don’t want to miss my window as a few cycles back I was actually CD14 I got my solid smiley. I’ve also taken my first temp today so will do that also until I need to test. I hate temping but I can’t help but want to know what my body is doing and find it fascinating... Here’s to a sticky one this month!

#418 lau32

Posted 30 October 2018 - 07:21 AM

I’ve been looking at my previous months on my natural cycles app and it looks like my body always try’s to ovulate around CD 24.

My first month off the pill.. my O date was 24 days after my withdrawal bleed (it doesn’t count a withdrawal as a period u just have to put it as spotting) but I obviously counted.

Then September - I got all the positive OPKs and should of ovulated at CD 24 which my temp shot up for 1 day then it was very up and down for a few days as if it was trying then it didn’t. Then I ovulated 21 days later.

So natural cycles is estimating my next O date at 24. Might sound a lot but it almost makes sense. Just praying for some normality and I’m thinking I might try and use the CB digital around cycle day 19 and see.

I think I’m just being hopeful and getting carried away with myself that I’m starting to see a pattern when I’m probably not.

Good luck to you ladies starting IVF I’ve got everything crossed for you!

Claire I hope this cycle is a sticky one for you!

And thoughts to the rest of you riding the wave! It’s not easy! TTC at the same time as a friend is actually so hard! When she talks about it and how instantly her cycles are back to normal it makes me feel fed up.

#419 Claire__

Posted 30 October 2018 - 08:58 AM

Lau32 - That sounds like a pattern. It’s worth a try on the CB kits, If money isn’t an issue I’d start earlier just to be sure that it is later around CD24, especially as your body is changing from being on the pill, this month could be earlier. I’d start at CD11 or 12.

#420 Disydo2018

Posted 30 October 2018 - 09:49 AM

Hi Lau, this sounds good but just a word of caution. My natural cycles app was also predicting I’d o at day 23ish but this month I started OPKs at day 10 and, shockingly, have had the flashing smiley for days 11, 12 and 13. So I echo Claire’s advice of testing early.

#421 Disydo2018

Posted 30 October 2018 - 10:03 AM

I should add to that that it has been right in the past - it’s more that I think it’s too early for my body to be in a pattern - and I thought I was in one too early.

#422 Claire__

Posted 30 October 2018 - 10:52 AM

I buy them from Superpharmacy, arrive in 3 days and two or more boxes are free postage. $34.95 a box, whereas my local chemists are $47.99 or higher.

#423 Claire__

Posted 30 October 2018 - 06:05 PM

Looks like there is a new thread!

http://m.essentialba.../#entry18248544

#424 lau32

Posted 30 October 2018 - 06:58 PM

Thanks Claire and disydo yeah that makes sense maybe I can start testing earlier just Incase! I wouldn’t wanna miss it. I’m so stupid still not understanding the CB but once you’ve done one do you have to do it everyday or can you miss a day? X

#425 Disydo2018

Posted 30 October 2018 - 07:27 PM

Hi Lau, I think you’re meant to do it everyday until you get peak fertility. But you could probably miss a day. Switching to new thread now!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.