October 2018

• Please log in to reply
272 replies to this topic

#1 maybebabyttc#1

Posted 01 October 2018 - 01:19 PM

Well hello ladies. I thought I’d get the October thread started. I’m on CD8 today and here’s hoping everyone has a successful month.

#2 Nat2910

Posted 01 October 2018 - 03:52 PM

Hello!

For the past couple of months I’ve been taking it easy, ever since coming off the pill in May this year. My cycles are long and range between 38 and 46 days, and DH and I have decided to start actively TTC. Currently I’m CD27, though not sure when I’ve O or if I’m due for ovulation at this stage. I’ve only just bought a basal thermometer so I can get a more accurate idea of when I will O. My temps for the last few days have been low, not sure if the fact I tend to sleep with my mouth out has anything to do with it. They’re around 35.9, so I don’t think I have O’d yet. Unfortunately, I am away from work over the next few days so if I do O, not much I can do.

I’ve decided to post in this chat as it looks like an awesome support group and I would love to support you all as well.
Fingers crossed there are a lot of success stories this month.

#3 DiamondKat

Posted 01 October 2018 - 04:15 PM

Hello TTC #2 for month 15! :(  

I'm on my first round of clomid, even though I ovulate on my own.  My FS has been booked in for laparoscopy to check for endometriosis and I made him prescribe the clomid because in my mind I need to be sure I tried everything before going into surgery.  I'm not expecting it to work but for my sanity I need to try it lol.

Otherwise I seem to have unexplained secondary infertility.

Going in for the ultrasound tomorrow, currently CD10, taking the day of work getting the ultrasound to check for ovulation and giving acupuncture a go, I also do regular reflexology and going tonight.

Good luck for this month everyone

#4 Peebs

Posted 01 October 2018 - 08:46 PM

Hi everyone! Hoping we can bring September’s luck all the way through October too!

9th Month TTC #1 for me, currently 8dpo. I had a temp drop this morning so we’ll see how we go over the next couple of days! Hoping to hold out to start testing until Wednesday :)

Wishing everyone the best of luck this month x

Edited by Peebs, 01 October 2018 - 08:47 PM.

#5 BeachesBaby

Posted 01 October 2018 - 09:48 PM

Same DPO for me Peebs! This is month 10 TTC #1 though :( not feeling super positive, and have just had a bit of a tiff with DH (my parents are visiting and we’re all headed to Qld tomorrow for a few days, so I think the stress is starting to get to him). I’m hoping he gets over whatever is eating at him, so we can have a fun vacay and maybe get a little BDing in while we’re there :)

#6 Peebs

Posted 01 October 2018 - 10:29 PM

Yay cycle buddies Beaches! Hope all goes ok with DH, this whole thing can be stressful! Enjoy your holiday and a good distraction from the tww :)

#7 zeldazonk

Posted 02 October 2018 - 06:50 AM

Morning ladies!

TTC#3 for 12 months. Two missed miscarriages in that time (both requiring D&Cs).

AF is currently one day late although I have had all my usual symptoms - cramps, bloating, crankiness. I just want it to show up now! I took about 6 hpts last week (most recently on Saturday) which were all very definite BFNs.

This is my second last cycle trying before I start IVF using pgd embryos.

Wishing everyone lots of luck for October!

#8 Monna

Posted 02 October 2018 - 08:00 PM

Hi all,
I posted in the OPK/HPT forum but not sure how often people check there, so thought I'd mention here too. I have a few of the following OPKs and HPTs that I'm happy to post on to anyone that wants them.

- Clearblue dual hormone OPK - box with 1 unused tester and 7 test strips
- First Response "7 day planning kit" which has 5 opk strips left, and a sample of the conception friendly lubricant.
- 2 FRER hpts. I know some people have had issues with these recently but I'm pretty sure these are fine. They were purchased in Jan or Feb this year, it was a pack of 3 and I used one, which showed a definite bfp as I'm now 35 weeks pregnant.

If anyone is keen then let me know.

Good luck for everyone and their journeys xxx.

#9 mella32

Posted 02 October 2018 - 11:00 PM

Hello ladies!

First time poster, long time follower. I love being able to read everyone's stories, its somewhat comforting and keeps me sane (or so I keep telling myself :p)

TTC #1 for us - To be honest I was rather naive when we started this journey. We started trying almost a year ago and we were both convinced that it would be super easy and we would fall pregnant within a few months. (also, I absolutely know that a year of trying isn't that long in comparison to many others)

Long story short, obviously this is not how it works! Turns out hubby has a low sperm count and we have been referred to a FS with the hope of starting IVF :) We had our first appointment last month along with every test under the sun. Our next appointment is later this month and I'm hoping to get the go ahead to begin our first cycle of IVF.

Currently CD 20. I must admit I stopped symptom searching last month as we were a little overwhelmed with the idea of IVF.

TTC is a crazy adventure, one that I'm hoping ends with a little person who makes everything well and truly worth the ups and downs! I'm all about positive vibes.. but I must admit that it does seem that everyone I have ever met is announcing a pregnancy, currently pregnant or busy with their beautiful babies! Its tough sometimes.

Anyways, sorry for the long post. I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. Fingers crossed for everyone this month, hoping for lots of BFPs! - x

Edited by mella32, 02 October 2018 - 11:03 PM.

#10 pupperino

Posted 03 October 2018 - 07:43 AM

Welcome newbies! Fingers crossed for everyone to test in October!

Ah Mella, I think it isn’t naive to be hopeful that you can get pregnant quickly.. everyone thinks that. Just super unlucky, but hopefully IVF will be a successful for you :)

CD13 for me.. it will be a long cycle this month. I discovered from cycle tracking that I have an alternating pattern - one month is 28 days and the next month is 34 days and back to 28 etc. So now I have given some endearing names- it’s either time for my fast ovary or slow ovary 😂😂 poor slow ovary this month!

I have an appt with the GP at the FS clinic in a few weeks! Hopefully get some tests soon and most likely IVF for us.

#11 Chookieee

Posted 03 October 2018 - 12:34 PM

Hello! TTC#1 for 10months now. I’m 35, DH is 38. I’ve had 1 miscarriage and 1 chemical during this time.
Had fertility blood tests done last month, hormone levels all good. Booked in for hysteroscopy and D&C this month (oct 15) unless a miracle happens between now and then! I’m currently 9DPO. I usually have spotting during my LP but nothing yet this month. Don’t know what to make of that. Anyone else testing this weekend? Welcome Nat and Mella.
Good luck to everyone for October.

#12 Pal30

Posted 04 October 2018 - 05:38 AM

Hi ladies im fairly sure ill be back here soon. Woke up this morning bleeding and tested with a cb digi yesterday and it only came up 1-2 weeks since conception which was impossible. So loss number 3 which means Ill be referred to a recurrent mc clinic and be fully investigated which is great at least. Im in disbelief about why this keeps happening!? One at 7+3, 4+6 and 5+2. Whyyy???

Edited by Pal30, 04 October 2018 - 07:36 AM.

#13 Tamika88

Posted 04 October 2018 - 05:46 AM

Aww pal Sending you lots of love and massive hugs your way.

#14 Tamika88

Posted 04 October 2018 - 05:56 AM

Morning ladies!
Due to a late ovulation I'm in both September and October boards.

Anyone had any light pink spotting before when you wipe away? I know it's possible sign of implantation but I don't want to get our hopes up. I had some light pink spotting yesterday afternoon and again this morning. So far it's been afternoon of 6dpo and morning of 7dpo. Is it too early to implant?

I never had the implantation bleeding with any of my CP's or DD.

#15 Nat2910

Posted 04 October 2018 - 06:18 AM

So sorry to hear, Pal. My heart breaks for you. Sending lots of big his your way. Hopefully they have some answers for you at the clinic.

Tamika, 6-7 DPO sounds on schedule for implantation bleeding.

#16 Tamika88

Posted 04 October 2018 - 06:51 AM

Thanks Nat!

#17 zeldazonk

Posted 04 October 2018 - 08:28 AM

Oh Pal, I just read your update. I am so so sorry. I understand your pain - I am terrified of another miscarriage.

I really hope its just a dodgy CB test (I understand they aren't always completely reliable). A third MC would be so incredibly unfair and completely heartbreaking.

I am thinking of you today. Please look after yourself. I hope you have good support around you.

#18 Pal30

Posted 04 October 2018 - 09:17 AM

At the dr now zelda, the bleeding is fairly heavy so id say its over.

#19 zeldazonk

Posted 04 October 2018 - 09:29 AM

I am so very sorry Pal30. I really can't believe you have to go through this again. I am thinking of you x

#20 Peebs

Posted 04 October 2018 - 10:11 AM

So sorry Pal, thinking of you x

#21 maybebabyttc#1

Posted 04 October 2018 - 10:50 AM

Thinking of you Pal xx

#22 Chookieee

Posted 04 October 2018 - 02:52 PM

Oh Pal, so sorry to hear. x

#23 Nepo88

Posted 04 October 2018 - 03:01 PM

Pal, I have been lurking in the background but wanted to say I am SO sorry that you are going through this again... There are no words to make it hurt any less, please be extra kind to yourself in the coming weeks.

AFM - I avoided EB for awhile as I was struggling with knowing I will never be able to conceive naturally. My first FS appointment is on Monday where we should be able to schedule removal of my Left Tube and make an IVF plan so I am slowly becoming more optimistic about it all.

It seems a few in here will be under the care of an FS and undergoing IVF so it would be nice if I could stick around despite having to go the Assisted Conception Route.

Good Luck to everyone testing soon!

#24 RoxyKH

Posted 04 October 2018 - 03:53 PM

Not sure if it’s the right thread to be writing in, but I took a look around anyway. September was our time to BD and now October 4th I’m a day late today but tested bfn. :-( so not sure what’s going on. Today for me is cycle day 30. (Usually I’m 28/29 days).
Anyone test bfp days after missing period? Trying to be hopeful.
I have no symptoms (but didn’t have any in my first pregnancy anyway)
Thanks ladies, hope it was okay to tag on this thread.
I noticed a few of you might be going down the ivf road, so best wishes for that, my first pregnancy was ivf assisted.
I’m so anxious right now I’m giving myself a headache. It’s like if AF is going to come, just come already as I just want to be put out of my misery!

#25 Northumberland

Posted 04 October 2018 - 05:33 PM

Hi everyone,

First time poster, long time reader. I’m ttc #1 month 4. CD30 and 16DPO

RoxyKH - im currently in the same position. I’ve always been 28 day cycle and NEVER late. I’m now cycle day 30 and BFN when tested with FRER HPT. Symptoms are lacking only feeling nauseous but I’m worried I’m making it up at this point??? I would love to know if a BFP is possible at this stage... and why on earth I would be late when I have never been before. Temps still high... feeling very frustrated!

4 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 1 guests, 1 anonymous users

Disydo2018, StardustDreamer

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.