Due in May 2019 #1

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#1 Sandra

Posted 06 September 2018 - 08:20 AM

Welcome to your own little section ladies and a HUGE congratulations.

:BFP: :BFP: :babyboy: :babygirl: :babyboy: :babygirl: :BFP: :BFP:  

Enjoy this wonderful journey and I wish you all a wonderful birth.

Please make sure you read this forums rules in particular Facebook, this group is a safe place and inclusive of anyone due in this month.

If you need any help just let me know.

Enjoy!

#2 blenniidae

Posted 06 September 2018 - 12:17 PM

Yay! Thanks Sandra, I'm so excited to be able to join this group :)

I was briefly a part of the TTC forum this time last year. We got pregnant but I was in a toxic work environment which triggered antenatal anxiety and I had a MC. That was a wakeup call for me - all I wanted was to be a mum but I couldn't keep going as I was. I got an amazing new job, we bought a home we love where we will raise our family and I'm in a much better place after making mindfulness and self care a priority. As crappy of an experience and as hard as it's been to put TTC on hold, I know it all made me the mum I want to be.

We found out on Fathers Day that we are expecting! A little nervous as my blind optimism was taken last year but so hopeful. I should be due around the 12th May, so currently around 4 weeks 3 days. I'll get a dating scan at 8 weeks to confirm. This is our first baby, currently just myself, my hubby and our much loved pooch in our family.

Can't wait for more ladies to join and to share this exciting time with you all!

#3 benny81

Posted 06 September 2018 - 01:17 PM

I’m pretty excited to be here!!
My due date is 8th May
This is pregnancy no. 8 and I have a 7 year old DD and 4yo DS
We have had a rough trot with unexplained recurrent miscarriages
With 2 in the last year or so.
I had some bleeding over the weekend which we were pretty stressed about but it has now stopped and my hcg on Monday was 540 and Wednesday it was 1540 so we are cautiously optermistic that every thing will be fine
I have to have more bloods on Monday then a dating scan in 2 weeks when I’m 7 weeks just before we go on holidays
Can wait to meet other due in May

#4 Birdie88

Posted 06 September 2018 - 03:58 PM

Hello ladies! I'm excited to be here too :) I'm expecting our second, due mid-May. Very excited to be adding to our little brood - our son (20 months) is going to be a good big brother, I think! :heart:

#5 mummarosegold

Posted 06 September 2018 - 04:37 PM

hello ladies, this is our 4th pregnancy, we found out on saturday and im due around the 12th of May but will confirm with a dating scan in a few weeks.
my boobs are doubled in size already haha they hurt even when i walk, not complaining hehe ill talk all the pregnancy feelings

#6 blenniidae

Posted 06 September 2018 - 05:02 PM

Congratulations ladies! How are you all feeling? I’ve had cramping/twinges for the last 2 weeks and this week the boob soreness and heaviness ramped up. I’m feeling exhausted and foggy from the hormones, and found myself tearing up when someone was telling me a cute story about their little one yesterday

Mummarosegold it looks like we are due date twins!

#7 Jem19

Posted 06 September 2018 - 11:56 PM

Hi ladies! This is my first pregnancy, was very lucky to conceive on my first round of IVF. My due date is the 8th!
So far having some cramping and ridiculously sore boobs!
Excited to finally be here with you all

#8 Flower89

Posted 07 September 2018 - 06:23 AM

Hi!

Congratulations all round! It’s so lovely to read all your stories.

We found out we were pregnant a few days ago. First try!
I am so very excited but also filled with fear which I’m sure is sort of normal!

I believe I’m due around May 13 but will know more first scan. At how many weeks is the first scan normally organised?

I too am also quite crampy and my boobs are constantly sore. I think they’ve already increased in size too which is awful. I’m already a FF. Ouch!

X

#9 beckles_09

Posted 07 September 2018 - 03:34 PM

Hi everyone!

Very excited to be joining this group, I’ve only had my mirena out for 4 weeks and surprise we are already pregnant. I am a little nervous that everything will be ok because I didn’t even have a period since getting the mirena removed!

Anyway, estimated due date is 15th of May, but I’m hoping to get a dating scan to confirm.

Our little boy (3yo) will hopefully be a big brother in 9 months :)

Looking forward to following everyone’s journey together xx

Edited by beckles_09, 07 September 2018 - 03:35 PM.

#10 mulli89

Posted 08 September 2018 - 07:52 AM

Congratulations everyone! Such an exciting time for all of us :)

Found out I was pregnant at about 3 weeks, now just past 4 weeks, feels like time is crawling. Due mid May.

After a chemical in May this year I’ve been trying to not get my hopes up too much but of course that’s completely impossible! I’m looking forward to my first drs appointment on Tuesday, hopefully hcg levels make me feel more confident.

Benny81, I think I was in some of your TTC forums, so happy to see you here! I’ve heard of plenty of mums who had some spotting in the first trimester and went on to have a healthy pregnancy and your hcg levels look great... I understand how stressful it can be though, I check the toilet paper every time I go to the loo, which seems to be a lot atm!

#11 JCH86

Posted 08 September 2018 - 07:12 PM

Congratulations everyone!

My husband and I found out on Father's Day that I am pregnant. I am due 11 May 2019 and am five weeks today. It was our first go at trying and we were pretty shocked that it happened so quickly.

I've been feeling quite anxious about things going wrong which isn't a nice feeling! Trying not to over analyse every single thing that I feel in my body! I've been feeling a bit sick for the last few days, had one day where I was completely exhausted and my boobs are sore but that's about it really.

I'm 32, my husband is 34, and we've already got an animal family of two cocker spaniels and a cat, so it will (hopefully) be a full house <3

#12 beckles_09

Posted 09 September 2018 - 11:38 PM

One thing is for sure..... I forgot about the trouble getting to sleep. I had insomnia when I was a few weeks pregnant with my son, but it’s funny the things you forget!!  

At least i know the hormones must mean something right is going on inside me :)

I hope everyone else is going well xx

#13 Flower89

Posted 10 September 2018 - 12:47 AM

Oh my gosh, beckles! I thought it was just me. Didn’t sleep for almost 3 nights.. Getting better but still struggling.

X

#14 benny81

Posted 10 September 2018 - 09:37 AM

I’m the total opposite
I’m really tired all the time and once my head hits the pillow I’m unconscious!!

#15 beckles_09

Posted 10 September 2018 - 07:00 PM

I wish benny81, I am so tired but yet struggle to fall asleep at night. Then wake up like a zombie!!

Flower89 this only lasted a few weeks in my last pregnancy so hopefully it doesn’t affect us both for ages!! I’m glad to know I’m not alone though!

#16 blenniidae

Posted 10 September 2018 - 07:21 PM

Congratulations and welcome to all the new Mummas!

Insomnia sounds awful! I’m same as benny81, I’ve been exhausted and in full nanna-mode. I seem to be feeling a bit better after adding some b vitamins on top of my prenatal vitamins. Speaking of, what are you all taking? I’m on Bioceuticals Innatal and Ultraclean DHA/EPA. I’m a bit worried I’m not getting enough calcium as I don’t usually eat dairy but am thinking of adding yogurt and some cheese into my diet and see how I go.

When is everyone booking in for their first scan? I read on the weekend that once you see a healthy heartbeat in the 8 week scan your chance of miscarriage reduces to around 3%. Super impatient to see our little one in the scan - I’m feeling positive that everything will be fine but there still is a little nervousness in the back of my head.

#17 benny81

Posted 10 September 2018 - 08:07 PM

Blenniidea my gp reassured us that once you see a normal heartbeat the risk is extremely low that a miscarriage will happen

Due to my history I swing between being positive then freaking out  and I have quiet a disliking for ultrasounds!!!
My dating scan  is booked for Friday the 21st at 3 pm I will be 7w2d and it’s a couple of day before we go away on holiday
I had some more bloods taken today - another Bhcg along with other antenatal bloods
I’m Seeing to gp tomorrow to get  the results fingers cross levels are rising nicely !!

#18 benny81

Posted 11 September 2018 - 12:54 PM

Well I’m pretty stoked with my hcg level from yesterday it’s now 10,400!!  I should start vomiting soon haha!
Now we just wait till the 21st to see bub on ultrasound!!

#19 Birdie88

Posted 11 September 2018 - 07:31 PM

Hi ladies! Gosh I’m glad it’s not just me having trouble sleeping. The last few nights I’d fall asleep fine and then wake up at 4am, wide awake😐 I’ve also been having really vivid dreams and forgetting things left, right and centre... 🤦🏻‍♀️

Woah Benny - your hcg levels are awesome 😀🙌🏻 I got mine back and doc reckons I’m earlier than my due date predicted, so I’ve got to go back again next week to have my blood taken again 🤨 I’m really impatient to book my scan and see that little flicker ❤️

Otherwise, how’s everyone feeling?

#20 CluckyAgain

Posted 12 September 2018 - 04:43 AM

Hi all,
Congratulations on you BFP.
I’m due around mid may and I’m looking forward to sharing this experience with you.

Edited by CluckyAgain, 12 September 2018 - 04:51 AM.

#21 Flower89

Posted 12 September 2018 - 06:47 AM

Hi again!
I’m still crampy at times.. Usually when trying to go to sleep!
Tired all the time which I didn’t think would happen so early but GP said it’s common. I fell asleep after having my morning shower. I had a day out with the fam (I’m currently overseas on holidays) and boy was I ready to come home. I had another nap!
I wonder how I’m going to go when I go back to work. I’m a bit worried about the manual handling side of things.

Hope you are all well. X

#22 Birdie88

Posted 12 September 2018 - 07:15 AM

Flower89 - me too! I don’t remember being this crampy last time! Also emotional... I cried when my husband let me sleep in the other day 😂

The tiredness is definitely real hey? I’ve found it a bit difficult at work - I sit at a desk but luckily I only work 2 days a week while my toddler is looked after. I’m dreading when the morning sickness starts (but also yay haha)...

#23 Pinkie81

Posted 12 September 2018 - 07:42 AM

Hi Ladies!
Got my very first BFP today! So happy to be joining this group. Beyond happy with the news does not fully explain it. Due on 22 May
Please feel free to throw all the tips my way!
No idea what should happen next, but will go and see my GP in 3 days :)

#24 CluckyAgain

Posted 12 September 2018 - 07:00 PM

I’ve been a bit cramped too. Nothing major, but noticeable.

Edited by CluckyAgain, 12 September 2018 - 07:02 PM.

#25 MrsP2014

Posted 12 September 2018 - 09:09 PM

hi ladies, i'll join in here too. got my BFP last week but due to low/slow rising HCG I've been to scared to join here.  this is my fourth pregnancy this year but have miscarried early before 5 weeks each time.

i am due 15th of may and have a nearly 2yo daughter.

I've been crampy too but figure its just everything growing in nicely. im tired during the day and evening but then often can't sleep when i get to bed. such a weird thing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.