TTC July 2018

• Please log in to reply
582 replies to this topic

#1 _katieT_

Posted 08 June 2018 - 11:18 PM

Welcome to July TTC! Too early?

Thought I would start this one off since I'm out for June and (unfortunately) there are a few of us already looking ahead to the next month of TTC!

Where is everyone at on the TTC rollercoaster?

Me - ttc #2 for 18 months. #1 took six months, I wasn't expecting things to take quite so long this time but here we are.

I hope this is a good month for everyone!

Edited by _katieT_, 08 June 2018 - 11:19 PM.

#2 Layla25

Posted 09 June 2018 - 11:56 AM

Hi, KatieT! Good luck for this this month.

My fertile week this cycle is in June, but will be testing in early July. We are TTC #2, this will be our third month trying. Our DD was a happy surprise, so I’m new to it all.

I’ve got my fingers crossed for everyone

#3 Serendipity91

Posted 09 June 2018 - 03:23 PM

Hey girls, guess I am in here too now..

My fertile week will be in June but also testing in July. CD2 at the moment with AF.

Katie, I hear ya! It has been about 18 months for us too - TTC #1 but due to initially having PCOS with long cycles and then a pregnancy ending up in MMC/D&C (taking up 4 of those months) this will be about cycle 9 TTC I think.

July is my birthday so I am hoping that will bring some good luck!

Fingers crossed for us all xx

#4 furbaby84

Posted 09 June 2018 - 04:28 PM

KatieT I've been waiting for the July thread! Haha! I'm finally in the running after 5 months of no AF (due to PCOS). However on Metformin I finally had an AF and am CD9, will start OPKs tomorrow and hopefully have a better cycle.. Plan B is to start Letrozole w monitoring late June so either way I'll probably be testing in July.

Serendipity - sorry to hear about your MMC, I have everything crossed for a sticky bean birthday present for you!

#5 Lineeyes

Posted 09 June 2018 - 09:41 PM

Welcome back furbaby & serendipity - hopefully rainbow babies this month x

#6 PsySquirrel

Posted 13 June 2018 - 06:07 AM

Hi everyone, joining after AF arrival on Saturday. I will be testing around the 7th. Best of luck to everyone!

#7 furbaby84

Posted 14 June 2018 - 03:01 PM

I'm so excited to have my first ever flashing smiley! :yes: I've never had anything close to an OPK + before so I'm hoping this means I'm O'ing naturally. I'm on CD14. Fingers crossed!

Good luck to everyone else!

#8 catmeow

Posted 14 June 2018 - 03:34 PM

Hi all, currently CD4. TTC #2 for 6 months. Will be testing around the 13/7.
What is everyone doing to boost their chances this cycle?

Furbaby how exciting, hope your solid smiley is coming soon

Edited by catmeow, 14 June 2018 - 03:35 PM.

#9 Lineeyes

Posted 16 June 2018 - 12:18 PM

Furbaby - Yay! I usually get a flashing smiley followed by a solid the next day around CD14, then it’s time to get busy :) If it’s a couple of days of flashing you could test 12 hrs apart as I got a solid a few times like that, I guess it depends on how many sticks you have left.

Catmeow - Cyclebuddy, I may be back this month but mostly likely different days now. Unfortunately it wasn’t a sticky one :( Is your DH getting tested?

#10 Layla25

Posted 16 June 2018 - 12:34 PM

Sorry to hear, Lineeyes :(

#11 Lineeyes

Posted 16 June 2018 - 12:50 PM

Thanks Layla. It’s sad but I’m lucky it was early as I was already started to get attached. Hopefully it’s just a MC so we can get back into it as soon as possible! Reading everyone’s journeys keeps me sane :)

#12 catmeow

Posted 16 June 2018 - 01:34 PM

Oh lineeyes I am so sorry to hear that. Take care of yourself

#13 Ready123

Posted 16 June 2018 - 06:33 PM

Hi everyone. I am 30, ttc #1, been trying for about a year...
I want to lose some weight to help my chances this month by exercise and diet.
If anyone has any herbal remedies to suggest id be keen to hear?

#14 furbaby84

Posted 17 June 2018 - 05:00 PM

Sorry to hear Lineeyes. I hope July is your month!

I’m still on flashies, I’ve been reading that even if you dip the advanced monitor in water, one you get a flashy it will flash every day until you get your LH surge, and my C.M. has dried up, so I think this is another PCOS week - I’ve geared up to ovulate but haven’t. Oh well, seeing the FS on Wed so hoping she’ll start me on Femara sooner rather than later. Will still use the CB until then just in case!

#15 GreyhoundLover

Posted 17 June 2018 - 07:27 PM

I'm so sorry lineeyes I hope you are ok.

Im moving across from June- expecting AF tomorrow as had negative blood test 2 days ago (6 week post d&c bhcg levels)

Im TTC #3 - this will be 10 months of trying for us after having first two babies on either first or second try. I was pretty down about not getting pregnant in June. Unfortunately ive had two MMCs since we started trying last year, both at about 6 weeks. I just saw the OB 2 days ago to get all the results of my testing for recurrent mc (karyotyping, antiphospholipid syndrome, thryoid etc) and he said Im a 'normal healthy woman' and that the next time he sees me I will be pregnant... i really hope so! He is going to be extra vigilant and do weekly scans as soon as Im pregnant- he said he cant explain why, but studies have found extra vigilant monitoring/'TLC' results in better outcomes and fewer losses.. I did return a positive for cytomegalovirus and he said that could explain at least one of the miscarriages so im glad to have some explanation at least!

Best of luck to everyone for July!!

#16 Lineeyes

Posted 18 June 2018 - 10:12 AM

Thank you for all support ladies, means a lot xxx Such an emotional roller coaster and I never realised how painful it is physically too. Never would wish this on anyone, really hope July is our month.

@Ready123 - I have seen ppl post about herbal remedies but I can’t remember. I had trouble with portion control so went on lite n easy, that helped.

@furbaby - oh no, hopefully not! Are you measuring your BBT too? Hope your Wednesday goes well.

@Greyhoundlover - Hope AF has arrived so you can start again! Do you have a greyhounds?

#17 GreyhoundLover

Posted 18 June 2018 - 08:17 PM

Thanks Lineeyes - AF arrived today right on schedule. Celebrated by buying my husband a bottle of blackmores men's performance multi (cant hurt)

I have a rescue greyhound as a pet and she is the world's most gorgeous animal. They make fantastic pets!

#18 catmeow

Posted 18 June 2018 - 08:26 PM

Lineeyes how are you doing? Greyhound lover sorry to hear AF arrived. I too will be buying hubby some vitamins. Does any one have suggestions? There are so many!
Saw my GP today and she is sending me for blood tests to check egg reserve, progesterone, estrogen etc. Does anyone know when the best time to go? she just said near ovulation. I didn't think to ask before, after or day of.

#19 Lineeyes

Posted 19 June 2018 - 11:56 AM

Yay glad it came on time greyhoundlover, now you can start again and hopefully July will be your month! Awww the reason why I asked was because I have a dog and she has been amazing through this for me. I’ve taken time off work (still doing bits of work) and started a jigsaw puzzle to help, seeing a counsellor tomorrow too. I was going to get all my testing done but haven’t so I can’t help catmeow, I do know DH can get tested anytime ;)

#20 Serendipity91

Posted 19 June 2018 - 01:15 PM

@catmeow the best time to get progesterone tested is 7dpo that is when it’s at its peak (and that’s what you want to know, how high it’s getting). And estrogen & egg reserve can be tested then too.
If you are getting LH & FSH tested that is best done on CD3 or a day before or after.

CD12 over here and hoping to see some fertile mucus this week.

I’m sorry for those of you on an emotional rollercoaster right now, I feel as though I still am too even though it’s been over 10 weeks since my D&C now, I’ve improved but jeez it’s not easy! One of my best friend just told me she’s 12 weeks pregnant, they weren’t even trying and are currently planning their wedding :(
Argh! The frustration!

This cycle I’m doing my best to just let go, release the control and accept that everything I’m doing (which is a lot, especially with diet restriction) is enough and it’s going to happen again really soon! Easier said than done, but I’m doing my best!

#21 zeldazonk

Posted 19 June 2018 - 04:01 PM

Hi ladies. I found out today I am having another MC. I had a MMC in March which led to a D&C. This time the OB has suggested waiting it out and doing HCG tests in the meantime to make sure the numbers are dropping (to 100% rule out an ectopic).

It has been a bit of a rubbish year really! I can't believe I have had 2 miscarriages this year. I have been basically pregnant for 6 months but won't have a baby to show for it.

I am hoping that the bleeding starts quickly and I can start TTC again ASAP.

Best of luck for July everyone! xx

#22 Serendipity91

Posted 19 June 2018 - 05:49 PM

Oh Zelda :( I’m so sorry this is happening again!
I can’t imagine going through it twice :(
I hope it happens quickly for you too.
I waited 2 weeks for the MC to happen naturally and it was a very emotional and draining 2 weeks, I ended up opting for a D&C after no signs of loss because I just needed it physically gone too to actually try and move on and heal. Plus the risk of infection.. just something to consider in your waiting process. Horrible I know!

I’m determined the second half of the year is going to be a good half for us, to make up for this crappy half xx

#23 zeldazonk

Posted 19 June 2018 - 06:07 PM

Thanks Serendipity.

I had a D&C last time but because it is so so tiny my OB thinks we should wait this one out a bit. They are also not 100% confident it isn't an ectopic (they are 80% sure though).

I certainly haven't ruled out another D&C if it doesn't happen soon enough though. I really don't want to be waiting for weeks.

#24 Olivegrove

Posted 19 June 2018 - 06:51 PM

Zelda sorry to hear! I have also had two miscarriages in a row so I feel your pain. It really has made me doubt I can have a healthy pregnancy again!

So ladies I’m moving over from June. Decided to skip this month as we flying overseas in a few days and I don’t feel like monitoring everything I drink or take.
I’m also a very anxious flyer so will be taking Xanax and a lot of it and I just don’t want to worry about taking meds and implantation etc! Also my doc said I must take progesterone from 2DPO and I don’t want to worry about that on holiday

The other big perk is that I don’t want a mid feb baby as it’s too dang hot then! Haha.
Just trying to focus on the positives as when
I was ovulating on Sunday , DH was trying to convince
Me to just go for it. I then explained my feelings about traveling and then he totally agreed with me!

#25 zeldazonk

Posted 19 June 2018 - 08:18 PM

Thanks Olivegrove. Two in a row is pretty awful. My OB said it is mostly likely just bad luck though, which I am trying really hard to believe right now.

I totally understand why you want a month off. TTC is stressful and requires so much effort/sacrifice. I hope you have a wonderful holiday - eat everything, drink all the cocktails, take the sleeping tablets and do whatever you want! You deserve it after everything you have been through.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.