Ready Set Go girls #277

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
163 replies to this topic

#51 Jelly11

Posted 18 June 2018 - 10:16 PM

I think I'll be doing my own as my partner can be a bit squirmish with medical stuff. I also have a friend who has been through ivf who told me she found it less painful to do her own than when her partner did it.

#52 Mrs Pemberley

Posted 19 June 2018 - 07:59 AM

Welcome to the new ladies!

I agree, I think it’s better to do the injections yourself. You get used to them very quickly, I barely flinch anymore. I had to get DH to give me a couple of clexane ones in my leg post surgery last year and they hurt so much more. The first one is the worst, you’ll be fine I promise :-)

#53 ckmelb

Posted 19 June 2018 - 08:58 AM

Agreed I wouldn't let anyone else inject my tummy but me. I am happy to let other people prepare the tricky ones (sometimes I can't get the mixing needle off the syringes)

SSVL - my FS tests FSH on day 2 and the last 3 cycles I was 27, 9, 12 (in that order). I actually made a lot of lifestyle changes in the weeks between the 27 and 9 readings, but I have no way to know if that made the difference or if it was going to drop anyway but it would be remiss of me not to mention. I basically tried a bit of everything - diet change, acupuncture, herbs, and it was about then that I reached almost 3 months on dhea and CoQ10 as well as adding in more vitamins. It might have also been that my body was returning back to normal a few months after 2 back to back stimulated cycles. Who knows 🤷

#54 Theia

Posted 19 June 2018 - 10:16 AM

Another vote for doing your own injections here. I'm amazed at how quickly I adapted to doing the injections and how quickly they just became part of my daily routine.

I'm a bit behind on this forum, hope everyone is doing well!

#55 MsHopeful18

Posted 19 June 2018 - 12:51 PM

I also do all my own injections, that way I feel I can control exactly when it goes in and how hard to push etc.

Welcome to all the new members also.

SSVL, my FS has put me on DHEA after two poor responses to IVF cycles, he said he has seen some good results on it. I've only been on it for a few weeks so can't say if it has done anything yet, except make me a bit more pimply :no2: .

#56 Theia

Posted 20 June 2018 - 05:25 PM

Triggering tonight for collection friday, had a dominant follicle appear on each ovary and then 5 more much smaller follicles. Fingers crossed the little ones will do some growing before friday.

#57 Stevie33

Posted 20 June 2018 - 07:44 PM

Best of luck Theia! Let us know how collection goes, I think mine will be Thursday or Friday next week.
Had my first scan today and follicles haven’t grown quite enough yet so going back on Friday and starting the antagonist injections then

#58 Mrs Pemberley

Posted 20 June 2018 - 09:38 PM

Great news Theia! Will be thinking of you on Friday, go little follies!

#59 FingersCrossed123

Posted 21 June 2018 - 01:45 PM

Great news Theia - and best of luck for tomorrow!

AFM - Had the orientation appointment today, I was hoping for my favourite nurse but it was one I hadn't met before.

Anyway all seemed OK. I am using Gonal - F, Orgalutran, Ovidrel trigger and Crinone Gel.

They only do egg collection Mon, Wed and Friday.

The jist of it seems to be to try to go with the flow of the process. Because things can change and its all dependent on how you respond to medicines etc.

I came out feeling a bit sad, not sure why, could be the process becoming more real, or the uncertainty of it all. I think I thought there would be some more certainty after orientation about when cycles would happen, dates, cycle days, FET type of cycle, FET cycle days etc,  but really it is just hard to plan.

I have some exams, then a wedding and holiday in September that I have been worrying about, but I just have to let it go.

#60 ckmelb

Posted 21 June 2018 - 03:03 PM

Good luck for tomorrow Theia. Hope you have a nice relaxing Friday after EPU

@fingers crossed, letting go of the timing has been the hardest thing for me. But I have realised the timing will always suck and I just have to roll with it. I just started AF yesterday which hypothetically means EPU next Friday which is a ridiculously busy work day for me and I am unsure how i will just be able to call in sick 3 weeks after last time. But I am trying not to think about it and will come up with some awesome excuse if the time comes

#61 maufie85

Posted 21 June 2018 - 05:12 PM

Sending you the best luck possible for tomorrow Theia- thinking of you.

I agree with CK Fingerscrossed, rolling with the sucky timing is something to kind of get used to, even if we can’t embrace it. Wishing you all the best for your cycle when it starts.

Hope everyone is doing ok, welcome to the newbies!

Had a reassuring WTF appointment post failed fresh and failed FET with my FS today :) he explained that the 5 straws of frozen TESA sperm is fine to use for the next stim cycle (or two) so that was a big relief! DH will be relieved too ;) I’ll hang around to support everyone for the next couple of months and hopefully we will stim again in October (after my PHI kicks in and our trip). Feels like ages away but hopefully Ill be watching you lovely ladies getting more and more bfps and the positivity and optimism levels will build. Xo

#62 Jelly11

Posted 22 June 2018 - 05:16 PM

Got my start dates today. Now it's getting real!

#63 Aardvark2016

Posted 25 June 2018 - 07:16 PM

Hello ladies. I hope all is well. Welcome to the newbies.

MrsP- have you gotten your results? It must be 2 weeks since transfer!

MrsP2014- how is the tww? When is your BT

Theia - any news from Friday?

Maufie- I am pleased that you had a good appt. having reassuring discussions with fs can make a big difference.

Sorry to everyone I have missed.

AFM- I am waiting- still. It is dh’s birthday this month so we may wait another month. Just depends on when af arrives.

#64 Mrs Pemberley

Posted 25 June 2018 - 07:20 PM

Hi Aardvark! Thanks for thinking of me! I’ve been posting in the June 2WW thread, I got a BFP last Monday and have had steady HCG rises since. Slowly starting to relax a little, but just hanging out for a good scan result next Monday.

Hope you’re well, AF never shows up when you want her to xx

#65 Aardvark2016

Posted 25 June 2018 - 07:47 PM

Great news MrsP! I hope it is an uneventful 9 months 🤗

#66 ckmelb

Posted 27 June 2018 - 08:11 AM

Hi ladies, how is everyone going this week?

Aardvark - has AF turned up? Waiting sux

Jelly - when is your start date?

Stevie are you booked in for egg collection yet?

Sending hugs to Theia, I hope your results have surprised you on the upside

Lots of love to both mrsp's and hope you are feeling well

Fingers crossed I hope your 2WW is passing quickly. It's ok to feel down now and then, this is a tough process.

AFM day 8 and I have 2 follies 14.5 and 11mm that I grew naturally so I am adding gonal 25 and orgalutran today to control ovulation for hopefully early next week pickup. I always get worried when meds get added in but 25 seems to work ok for me

PS hi maufie :)

Edited for spelling

Edited by ckmelb, 27 June 2018 - 08:12 AM.

#67 maufie85

Posted 27 June 2018 - 01:20 PM

Hi Ck! Two follies naturally sounds great:) good luck with EPU next week!

Hope AF comes soon aadvark.

Congrats to MrsP- it’s so wonderful to have good news in here. Hope the scan on Monday is ideal!

Hope you are feeling a bit calmer Fingerscrossed.

I echo Ck above re wishing Stevie and Jelly the best luck soon :)

Xox

#68 Aardvark2016

Posted 27 June 2018 - 03:34 PM

Ck- that sounds promising. I sooo hope they sort the timing out this month!

Fingers crossed- well done on getting back in top. It can be tough.

AFM- af has arrived. If we were to transfer this month it would coincide almost exactly with DH’s birthday. So I think we will wait another month. It is probably the right decision to delay but it doesn’t feel good. I ran into a friend from high school at the shops yesterday. She was there with two of her three boys and I got the well meaning “so you have just the one then?”

Edited by Aardvark2016, 27 June 2018 - 04:50 PM.

#69 FingersCrossed123

Posted 27 June 2018 - 04:31 PM

Aardvark - sucks those types of comments - its amazing the judging never stops.

A couple months ago one of DH's friends said to him 'you better have kids soon or your kids will get mental illness'

I was like :omg: :omg: :omg:
But DH is super cool and just let it roll off his back.
If you're going to be judgey at least get your facts straight.

Hope you have a good month and plan lots of fun stuff and have an awesome party for DH's birthday!

#70 Jelly11

Posted 27 June 2018 - 08:30 PM

Fingers crossed - what a horrible thing to say to someone!

CK - I hope it all goes smoothly with the meds leading to your EPU next week.

AFM - starting the pill on Saturday to sync my cycle up aiming for EPU about 3rd August if all goes to plan. Should be starting injections about July 22nd. Since I'm new to all this I'm not really sure how set dates are but am just taking one step at a time!

#71 Stevie33

Posted 27 June 2018 - 09:59 PM

Hi ladies
Hope everyone is going well!

Aardvark - so sorry to hear AF arrived
Ck- that sounds really promising

I have my egg collection booked for Friday morning so did my trigger injection about 1.5hours ago. Looking forward to day a free of injections tomorrow!
I had a scan last Monday and I have about 15-20 good sized follicles.
Xx

#72 FingersCrossed123

Posted 28 June 2018 - 07:31 AM

Wow Stevie that sounds very promising!

Enjoy your injection free day today and best of luck for EPU tomorrow :)

#73 ckmelb

Posted 28 June 2018 - 08:03 AM

Stevie your belly must be swollen! Hope you are enjoying needle free day

Fingers crossed I don't even understand that comment - so weird and rude. What is wrong with people???

#74 FingersCrossed123

Posted 28 June 2018 - 10:34 AM

View Postckmelb, on 28 June 2018 - 08:03 AM, said:

Fingers crossed I don't even understand that comment - so weird and rude. What is wrong with people???

It's in reference to the higher likelihood of children with older fathers having mental illness. Basically a really rude way of saying 'better get on with it!'

#75 Aardvark2016

Posted 28 June 2018 - 11:14 AM

wow fingers crossed- your dh must be very chilled. I think I would say something I would regret in the same situation!

Stevie- sounds like things are going well. I hope you get lots of great eggs!

Jelly- good luck starting the process. I have never been given accurate dates and all my cycles have been different lengths. I would be interested if your clinic are able to line things up better! It can be very hard to schedule life around ivf!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.