Ready Set Go girls #277

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
163 replies to this topic

#151 ckmelb

Posted 28 July 2018 - 08:10 AM

Hi ladies, I did something stupid this morning. Slept through the 3 alarms I had set to do my orgalutran (phone ust have been on do not disturb). Woke up an hour later in a panic when I realised. I called the nurse and she thinks it will be fine but asked me to come in for bloods this morning since I am due for trigger tonight. So silly

#152 Jelly11

Posted 28 July 2018 - 09:01 AM

Ck I can see how that would be very stressful. Fingers crossed the nurse is right and it will still be ok.

#153 Aardvark2016

Posted 28 July 2018 - 09:48 AM

Ck- I hope that it works for you!! You have had the worst luck with this!!

Fingers crossed- I am sorry to hear about your BFN. I hope that Your ivf journey is short and sweet.

Mrs hopeful- welcome back

Jelly- enjoy the cocktails and good luck with your wait time. It is very frustrating but you seem to be approaching it with a great attitude!

Joany- good luck with the natural cycle. It would be great if it works and you didn’t need another cycle!

Maufie- enjoy the trip

Theia- any news??

I hope I haven’t forgotten anyone and have a good weekend ladies!

#154 ckmelb

Posted 28 July 2018 - 12:00 PM

Thanks ladies. My LH level was quite high so they are fairly sure the extra hour was not the cause and that I might be breaking through the orgalutran. So I need to take an extra shot of orgalutran at 5pm before trigger tonight. This may explain why I sometimes ovulate before EPU. While they didn't say it's  all over it is highly likely same thing will happen this time unless the extra shot makes the difference. I assume I will get more regular monitoring of LH levels next round although not sure if they will double my dose for future cycles?

Edited because I called back the nurse with more questions

Edited by ckmelb, 28 July 2018 - 12:45 PM.

#155 Joany

Posted 28 July 2018 - 07:24 PM

Oh CK - what a stressful morning for you. So is this cycle out for you then?  Do you still trigger and go in on Monday? I'm so sorry you've had to go through this again but at least there may be a positive in the sense that maybe you need extra orgalutran for the next cycle.  Still so disappointing for you though.

Fingers crossed - sorry about your BFN.  The last cycle before I started IVF I got so upset when AF arrived so I completely understand why you're nervous and excited.

Hopeful - hope your stims are going well.

Aardvark - it would be so nice to fall naturally but really trying not to get my hopes up.  Hope you're well.

Officially in the 2WW, I have a BT on Thursday to check that I have ovulated and another BT on 10 August if AF hasn't arrived.  Our "timed intercourse" was pretty un-romantic, I was so uncomfortable from stims but we gave it our best shot - haha.

#156 ckmelb

Posted 28 July 2018 - 09:40 PM

I just did my trigger (on time). I am still booked in for EPU Monday but I expect the prescan will show ovulation. I am strangely relaxed although I did spend quite a lot of the day googling. my best indicator is the shape of my tummy - still firm and round so let's see if it flattens by Monday

@joany - I really hope the "timed intercourse" does the trick for you. I am trying to think of good old wives tales to help you with implantation. Maybe soaking your feet in a tub of epsom salts? Hope the 2WW passes quickly

#157 FingersCrossed123

Posted 29 July 2018 - 11:50 AM

Hello everyone,

Thanks for your well wishes. AF just arrived today and I called the nurses.

BT and pick up meds tomorrow morning .

Had a bit of a cry today, just need to let some of the emotion out.

So great to have this forum to be able to share the journey and the ups and downs.

#158 maufie85

Posted 29 July 2018 - 04:15 PM

Good luck for Monday Ck :) And hope the tww passes quickly Joany!

Fingerscrossed I know what it’s like to need to cry to let it out sometimes. Hope your ivf journey is short.

Xoxo

#159 MsHopeful18

Posted 29 July 2018 - 06:46 PM

Good luck for Monday ck, so frustrating when things don’t go as planned and all the waiting around...

All the best for the tww Joany, hope you can avoid the ivf route! Maybe you will even have twins!

Sorry about the BFN Fingers, let yourself have a good cry and eat/drink all the things you like before IVF starts. It might even be the last drink you have for a long time :)

I’m on day 7 of stims, don’t feel anything at all despite the higher dose so I am not looking forward to the scan tomorrow, terrified I will have no follies!

#160 Joany

Posted 30 July 2018 - 07:58 AM

CK - thinking of you this morning. Hope the extra shot of orgalutran kept the follicle where it's supposed to be.

​Fingers crossed - I'm sorry and I think cry as much as you need to.  I truly hope your IVF journey is short.

Hopeful - IVF #1 and #2 for me I didn't feel much at all (and we picked up 3 & 7 eggs) and then #3 I felt so many pulls and twinges that I was convinced I had 10 eggs and had the dominant follicle.  I know you've been here before but hoping you have some lovely sized follicles growing.

Maufie - thank you.  If this doesn't work we may be cycle buddies in October as don't think I'll go again till then. We're away next month and then I have a wedding in September that I want to enjoy myself at.

#161 ckmelb

Posted 30 July 2018 - 09:45 AM

Hi ladies, once again I ovulated before pickup. I could actually see the collapsed follie on the screen during the prescan. I am wanting a month off but I also want another go at it ... I am going to take some leave on the month off so the deciding factor might be flight availability. The dr mentioned potentially trying synarel instead of orgalutran next cycle but that he would re-evaluate when the cycle commenced.

Hopeful- hope your scan went well today.

Fingers crossed - when do you start your injections? I am sure you will get the hang of them quickly

Joany - what's the plan for keeping distracted in 2ww?

#162 maufie85

Posted 30 July 2018 - 12:14 PM

Ck I’m so sorry that this happened to you again :( take it easy today and very much hope the change in protocol can help next time. You are very strong xox

Joany I hope this one is it for you! But of course would love to be cycle buddies if you need to try again. X

#163 FingersCrossed123

Posted 30 July 2018 - 02:25 PM

CK - so sorry this happened again :(

Hopeful - try not to read too much into symptoms - when is your first scan?

Everyone - thanks for your kind words and well wishes.

I had my first BT this morning and picked up my meds.

Nurse just called to say I am good to go and injections start tonight !

Actually now I am feeling quite excited and not scared or sad anymore.

Back for my next BT on Friday to check all is progressing.

#164 Aardvark2016

Posted 30 July 2018 - 04:40 PM

Ck- I am so sorry. That just sucks. I hope a month off and the next cycle yields better results.

Fingers crossed- good luck wit the first injection tonight. It is always good to feel like you are doing something positive. I hope it all goes well.

Good luck joany- even if it wasn’t romantic I hope your timed intercourse has done the trick.  FETs are the opposite of romantic but I remain hopeful that they will work anyway 😳😂

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.