***TTC June 2018***

• Please log in to reply
494 replies to this topic

#1 pupperino

Posted 20 May 2018 - 10:10 AM

Hi, I thought I would kick start a June testing thread! I wasn't part of the May testing thread as I was taking time off forums - didn't make a difference in the end as AF arrived! So hello Posted Image I'm 29, DH is 31 and we have been TTC child #1 since Jan 2018. Let me know your testing dates and we will put them up here on this thread Posted Image Hope to see many Posted Image in June x

1st - Leah987
2nd -
3rd - Sammy2018 :BFP:
4th -
5th -
6th -
7th -
8th -
9th - _katieT_ & soyhappy & Azalea88 :BFP:
10th - Serendipity91
11th - catmeow
12th -
13th -
14th - zeldazonk & GreyhoundLover & A&J+
15th - Snapdragon91
16th -
17th - Ready123 & hopeful waiting & Chookieee & KazzaB79
18th - blackcat20 & Elizabeth88 & Nessa86xo
19th - SkyBlu
20th - Aldbr
21st -
22nd - Lola85 & Pal30
23rd - Pupperino
24th - Nepo88
25th -
26th -
27th - Olivegrove
28th - Lou_Pt2
29th -
30th - SaltyPrincess & Snowdrops30

Edited by pupperino, 13 June 2018 - 08:58 PM.

#2 zeldazonk

Posted 20 May 2018 - 11:55 AM

Hi pupperino! Thanks for starting the June thread! I am totally out for May (CD5) so I would love to join you over here in the June thread. I am actually not very hopeful for June, as I have a work trip this month for three days during my fertile window.

This will be my second proper cycle since my D&C and 10 months TTC #3.

I will be testing on June 14 (if I can hold out that long!).

Wishing everyone all the best for lots of sticky BFPs!! xx

#3 pupperino

Posted 20 May 2018 - 04:07 PM

Sorry about your loss zeldazonk :( Fingers crossed you still catch that egg this cycle! I find that there is always *something on* during that fertile period for me! It's so frustrating!

I will add you for the 14th :)

#4 Olivegrove

Posted 20 May 2018 - 04:59 PM

Hi everyone

I have been lurking around may group but due to miscarriage we decided to skip a cycle!
I will be testing around June 27th or whenever I land up being 10DPO ... I need to test super early as my OB wants me on progesterone ASAP. I will be overseas at the time which will be interesting but need to discuss that with him at my next appt.
I don’t want to miss another cycle!

#5 zeldazonk

Posted 20 May 2018 - 05:35 PM

Olivegrove can you explain the need to go on progesterone ASAP? Why did your doctor recommend that?

After my MMC no one  sid to do anything differently. I have had CPs before (although they were before my youngest was conceived) but they still didn't seem concerned.

I want to make sure I am doing everything I can to get a sticky next time.

#6 zeldazonk

Posted 20 May 2018 - 05:43 PM

Thanks pupperino! I am hoping that if we BD the day before I leave and the day I get back, it will be enough. Fingers crossed you get your BFP this month too :smile:

#7 pupperino

Posted 20 May 2018 - 08:40 PM

Thanks zeldazonk :) I'm hoping 6 month mark is the charm :dance:

I've put you down Olivegrove - fingers crossed! Let me know if the date changes x

#8 _katieT_

Posted 20 May 2018 - 09:44 PM

Hi ladies 😊 Going into cycle 15 or 16 for me, since Jan 2017, for #2. Me 34 DH 35.

I think I'll be testing around 9 June, but I had a longer cycle this last month (38 days instead of 30-31). Will be tracking O using cb tests that predict four fertile days....and...DH has agreed to try artificial insemination for days when we can't BD in the fertile period. Eep. So let's see how that goes! We have barely managed to bd more than once in the fertile period so far, which I think is the problem. Hopefully it will ease the pressure to DTD, which lets face it, with a 3yo, work, cold viruses etc is not going to start happening more frequently. The extended period of TTC has us weary (especially emotionally for me).

Hope it's the month for many of us!!

#9 Olivegrove

Posted 20 May 2018 - 09:55 PM

Zeldazonk I had a CP in December and a miscarriage in April/May.
My initial OB said not to worry and no testing needed. I went to see someone else. He said it’s not normal and small issues with thyroid or progesterone fluctuations can cause early miscarriage.
He also said my ovaries are polycystic and if so I need high doses of prog once I get a BFP.

I was so happy he was proactive and I feel we have a good plan in place. Perhaps speak to your OB about it?

#10 Ready123

Posted 20 May 2018 - 10:00 PM

Hi Everyone. I have been following for so long but i thought i would join in! We have been trying on and off for about 12 months.. recently had my tubes flushed, d and c and a complex cyst removed...
Have had some spotting this month but not a.period. we will start to try again this month and due to test 17th June. Good luck everyone!

#11 Elle2k17

Posted 20 May 2018 - 10:49 PM

Help me work out when to test?!?

Cycles average 44 days, ovulated on CD22 - no idea when next period due because the cycles are shortening each time. Should I just wait until 14 days after ovulation? Is it possible to have a super super long luteal phase? I don’t want to be testing at 10dpo and then get my AF like another two weeks later.

I was planning to wait until June 3rd as DH is working and it seems I should have my period then so I thought it seemed like a good date.

A little about me - I’m jumping over from May, this is our first cycle ttc #2 but they’re super long because my toddler still loves breastfeeding 🤱 We have managed night weaning over the past month so I’m hoping this helps my cycles shorten!

We bd at the right time according to CB OPKs so I have my fingers crossed but am realistic it’s unlikely with all the breastfeeding. We also have a history of early miscarriage so that’s in the back of my mind aswell...

#12 Olivegrove

Posted 20 May 2018 - 10:55 PM

Elle2k I would start testing according to days past ovulation. I also have a bit of a longer luteal phase but still got my positives at 10-12DPO. Depends on the sensitivity of the test too!
This last pregnancy I knew a week before my AF was technically due that I was pregnant.

#13 Elle2k17

Posted 20 May 2018 - 11:07 PM

Olivegrove, on 20 May 2018 - 10:55 PM, said:

Elle2k I would start testing according to days past ovulation. I also have a bit of a longer luteal phase but still got my positives at 10-12DPO. Depends on the sensitivity of the test too!
This last pregnancy I knew a week before my AF was technically due that I was pregnant.

Thanks for that, good to hear others thoughts. I worry I’ll set myself up for a chemical by testing too early and I almost don’t want to know if I have a chemical or another early mc. At the same time I usually say information is power and if I’m informed we can take steps to help. It’s a tricky one!

#14 blackcat20

Posted 21 May 2018 - 08:22 AM

Also coming across from May. Will be in Hawaii during my fertile week so hopefully we have some luck. Will be due to test 18/19 June.

Edited by blackcat20, 21 May 2018 - 08:23 AM.

#15 pupperino

Posted 21 May 2018 - 08:33 AM

_katieT_, on 20 May 2018 - 09:44 PM, said:

Hi ladies Going into cycle 15 or 16 for me, since Jan 2017, for #2. Me 34 DH 35.

I think I'll be testing around 9 June, but I had a longer cycle this last month (38 days instead of 30-31). Will be tracking O using cb tests that predict four fertile days....and...DH has agreed to try artificial insemination for days when we can't BD in the fertile period. Eep. So let's see how that goes! We have barely managed to bd more than once in the fertile period so far, which I think is the problem. Hopefully it will ease the pressure to DTD, which lets face it, with a 3yo, work, cold viruses etc is not going to start happening more frequently. The extended period of TTC has us weary (especially emotionally for me).

Hope it's the month for many of us!!

Hi Katie! We will also be trying AI for the first time this month - so we can share stories haha. I'm a little nervous about it, but I think it will take the pressure off. Poor DH has a lot of anxiety around dtd during the peak time - so this might help get the egg if he struggles :)

#16 pupperino

Posted 21 May 2018 - 08:35 AM

Welcome Ready, Elle and blackcat - fingers crossed for June!

@Elle2k17 I also think 14 DPO would be safe to test :)

#17 zeldazonk

Posted 21 May 2018 - 10:21 AM

Hi pupperino and KatieT. Can you please explain the AI process to me? It is not something I had considered before, but given the challenges with BDing in our fertile window, it might be worth giving it some thought!

#18 Baby_Clicks

Posted 21 May 2018 - 02:02 PM

Hi all!

I'm in for the first time in June, I'm stopping the OCP this week. We are so nervous and excited! I have no clue when/if I'll ovulate, let alone what day I'll be testing :) After 15 years on the OCP I have no idea what my body will decide to do.

Good luck everyone x

#19 _katieT_

Posted 21 May 2018 - 05:25 PM

View Postpupperino, on 21 May 2018 - 08:33 AM, said:

Hi Katie! We will also be trying AI for the first time this month - so we can share stories haha. I'm a little nervous about it, but I think it will take the pressure off. Poor DH has a lot of anxiety around dtd during the peak time - so this might help get the egg if he struggles :)

Pupperino - yay how good to be able to compare notes!! 😂😂 I just grabbed a couple of syringes on my way home. It's cd 11 today and I think we are going to try tonight for the first time! Interested to see how it goes. I can't find any specimen jars though...

I'm bloody annoyed because I forgot to do my cb digital ovulation test this morning. Not sure whether it affects the predictions if you skip a day.

#20 _katieT_

Posted 21 May 2018 - 05:29 PM

View Postzeldazonk, on 21 May 2018 - 10:21 AM, said:

Hi pupperino and KatieT. Can you please explain the AI process to me? It is not something I had considered before, but given the challenges with BDing in our fertile window, it might be worth giving it some thought!

Zeldazonk - I only know what I have read online - Google 'self insemination'. I also found useful YouTube videos - google Mosie Baby. Basically, partner deposits semen in cup, use a syringe (no needle) to collect and...insert and deposit the sample manually! Lots of tips online. I have two friends from my first due in group who have used this method successfully!!

#21 SaltyPrincess

Posted 21 May 2018 - 06:47 PM

View PostBaby_Clicks, on 21 May 2018 - 02:02 PM, said:

Hi all!

I'm in for the first time in June, I'm stopping the OCP this week. We are so nervous and excited! I have no clue when/if I'll ovulate, let alone what day I'll be testing :) After 15 years on the OCP I have no idea what my body will decide to do.

Good luck everyone x
Good luck BabyClicks. I'm 21 days into my first cycle after 11 years on the pill and still not sure whats going on in my body! Highly recommend using CB OPK to help you start to figure out what your body's doing.

#22 Chookieee

Posted 21 May 2018 - 07:37 PM

Hi everyone. Moving over here after BFP last month turned into early pregnancy loss/ early miscarriage/ chemical preg (at 5.5/6weeks what do even you call it?). Either way I’m still sad. It was our first ever BFP, we are TTC #1 and I found it really upsetting. I just had a feeling it wasn’t right, and I was right. Had brown spotting from early on, and though the test lines were clear, they were not getting any darker. Confirmed when bloods hcg was only 21 at first appt and then went to 7, however I’d starting bleeding before the 7 so I was well aware. What can you do hey? Just got to keep trying! Baby dust and good luck to everyone for June. I’ll be lurking! xx

#23 pupperino

Posted 21 May 2018 - 07:48 PM

View PostChookieee, on 21 May 2018 - 07:37 PM, said:

Hi everyone. Moving over here after BFP last month turned into early pregnancy loss/ early miscarriage/ chemical preg (at 5.5/6weeks what do even you call it?). Either way I’m still sad. It was our first ever BFP, we are TTC #1 and I found it really upsetting. I just had a feeling it wasn’t right, and I was right. Had brown spotting from early on, and though the test lines were clear, they were not getting any darker. Confirmed when bloods hcg was only 21 at first appt and then went to 7, however I’d starting bleeding before the 7 so I was well aware. What can you do hey? Just got to keep trying! Baby dust and good luck to everyone for June. I’ll be lurking! xx

So sorry to hear that Chookiee :( so heartbreaking to have that first ever BFP turn out that way! Take care of yourself x

#24 pupperino

Posted 21 May 2018 - 07:51 PM

View PostSaltyPrincess, on 21 May 2018 - 06:47 PM, said:

Good luck BabyClicks. I'm 21 days into my first cycle after 11 years on the pill and still not sure whats going on in my body! Highly recommend using CB OPK to help you start to figure out what your body's doing.

Welcome BabyClicks and SaltyPrincess! From what I read across forums - it really varies for everyone! Some ovulate and get pregnant straight away, others take 6 months (or longer) for cycles to regulate. Hope both of your cycles settle quickly! I also recommend OPKs and maybe temping if you can stick with it (I can't haha :p)

#25 zeldazonk

Posted 21 May 2018 - 08:00 PM

Welcome Chookieee. I am so sorry to hear about your loss. There are quite a few of us here TTC after a miscarriage, so we know how you are feeling. Be kind to yourself - an early loss is still a loss and I know how heartbreaking it can be. I hope you get your rainbow baby soon x

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.