Due in December 2018 chat #1

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
276 replies to this topic

#51 elawood

Posted 04 April 2018 - 11:46 AM

Are you a teacher Joliseix? I am as well but in WA we don't break for holidays until next week - longest term ever!! (although we had four days off for Easter so that was nice to have an extra break in there.)

I'm sure when I get back to term 2 I will be well into eating potato chips at my desk at recess and wanting to have a nap a the back of our theatre (I'm a drama/dance teacher...so can't even hide behind a desk all day!)

#52 Sailor4

Posted 04 April 2018 - 12:10 PM

I had my GP appointment this morning. All tests came back good! At bang on 4 weeks my HCG was 2100. So I have the referral for my dating scan for 2 weeks time.

#53 Joliseix

Posted 04 April 2018 - 12:14 PM

No just a mum of 5 lol
3 in school & 1 in kinder :)

That's fantastic news Sailor!
can't believe first scans will be happening in 2 weeks!
mine is 4 weeks, seems like such a long time away

#54 BeckyFreeze

Posted 04 April 2018 - 01:44 PM

Hi ladies,

I got a BFP this morning at 13 DPO, so (all going well) my EDD is December 13th. This will be #2.

I've had some previous bad luck with miscarriages & an ectopic, so whilst I'll tentatively join the group, I won't be super active for a few weeks until I'm a little more relaxed that it's all going ok. I'm heading to the GP on Saturday morning for bloods, and will have to get lots of early scans to make sure this one isn't ectopic too (higher chances because of the previous ectopic).

Hope all is going well for you ladies!

#55 Iliketoflounce

Posted 04 April 2018 - 01:51 PM

Extremely tired is the main pregnancy symptom here. Nausea only if I need food (let’s keep it that way). Craving carbs (I really want a large Big Mac meal and I haven’t had one of those in about 12 months).

I have uni next week so hopefully I can keep this pregnancy a secret for a bit longer

#56 elawood

Posted 04 April 2018 - 01:57 PM

Oh wow, that would be hard, mum of 5 with morning sickness yuck! Good luck with that!

Welcome BeckyFreeze, a few of us have had past losses and are facing complex/anxious pregnancies (myself included) so you are in good company here.

I think I am 5 weeks today and working out when to book my dating scan - going to wait until at least 7 weeks to improve chances of seeing/hearing heartbeat.  It's more to confirm my dates as my cycle was way out and to also make a plan with maternal fetal medicine as to how to proceed with the million scans I will need before 20 weeks.

#57 Joliseix

Posted 04 April 2018 - 02:07 PM

Welcome Becky, I had a loss at 18 wks recently, so I completely understand xx
Ela 2 weeks will fly by, I look forward to see pictures of your little one.

Does anyone nickname their babies while in utero?

#58 Iliketoflounce

Posted 04 April 2018 - 03:37 PM

Welcome Becky.

My us is in about 3 weeks.

Joliseix I will give baby a nickname after my ultrasound for now it gets baby

#59 DanielleSupa

Posted 04 April 2018 - 04:20 PM

Hi Ladies!

Quietly poking my head in to say hi. I’ve been getting some BFPs over the last few days from our first IVF cycle. Beta isn’t until next Wednesday so a long time to wait.

This is pregnancy number 10 for me, with only 1 living daughter. I have a chromosome translocation that causes me to miscarry constantly.  We did IVF to access PGD and transferred one of our 2 normal embryos. It’s been an anxious few months.

I’m due December 13th if all pans out like it should. Looking forward to reading along with you all :-)

Edited by DanielleSupa, 04 April 2018 - 04:22 PM.

#60 Baby_steps

Posted 04 April 2018 - 07:50 PM

Congrats and welcome Becky and Danielle. Fingers crossed for a boring next 8 months for us!
I saw the other GP today after yesterday's freak out appointment. This one I saw in Jan for a Pap smear and pre-preg counselling. She's a dream. Totally reassured me.
I feel so much more relaxed now (even with anxiety around miscarriage - she had the nicest way of saying that it is nature's way when things aren't progressing well, so now I kind of feel better about that possible outcome). Sorry if that is upsetting to you ladies who have had pregnancy loss, but it settled me down.
She's given me an EDD of 4th December (taking into account LNMP and cycle length 25 days) and we booked a scan for 2nd May (I'll be 9+1 - can't do any earlier as we are overseas until the day before this). This journey is starting to feel real now!

#61 Roxy88

Posted 04 April 2018 - 07:59 PM

HG sounds absolutely horrible. I was sick between 6 and 28 weeks with my first but it was maneagble!
I'm 5w4d currently and have started to get a bit nauseous at some points during the day. Haven't really had any other symptoms.
Had my blood test last Thursday, dr said he would only ring if there were any issues so I'd say all is fine and I'm due to go back in 3 weeks time, not getting an early scan as I know my dates. 12 weeks seems so far away!

#62 Joliseix

Posted 04 April 2018 - 08:26 PM

I’m glad you feel better baby steps we have our first scans on the same day. Mine is at 4pm which means I gotta drag all 5 kids along... such a nightmare!

Roxy 12 weeks feels like forever away, I always find these first few months drag on much like the final month!

Welcome Danielle :)

Edited by Joliseix, 04 April 2018 - 08:26 PM.

#63 Ljk2511

Posted 05 April 2018 - 02:37 AM

Hi everyone, joining here too. Found out a week ago after a few bfps and no period pregnant with #2. Only 5 weeks today and just starting to feel a little queasy! I was terribly sick with #1 So I really hope it's not that bad this time around.
We have a 2 year old, relatively easy pregnancy with her (apart from constant vomiting until 17 weeks).
It's amazing how much I've forgotten from first time! Like what I can't eat or do, when do we go to drs etc.
Also I had a emergency c section with first so curious to know if any mums here have had c sections and what you're thinking for this birth... obviously a long way to go yet until we need to really think about that ☺
Anyways, congrats to everyone and look forward to an easy breezy 9 months for us all!

#64 Roxy88

Posted 05 April 2018 - 07:09 AM

Ljk2511 I had an emergency c-section for my first as he never engaged. I think I'll play by ear this time and if this baby hasn't dropped (my first even at 41 weeks hadn't engaged) I'll probably elect for a c-section. I don't want to go through 24 hours of labour again to have an emergency c-section. My recovery was a bit rough due to the long labour

#65 Joliseix

Posted 05 April 2018 - 07:50 AM

I had an “emergency” c-section with baby #5 due to her being breech & my waters breaking at 34wks.
Then I had to have a vaginal birth with my angel baby.

So I’m torn between, having an elective c-section so I have an end date & can organise care for the other kids.
Or having a vaginal birth and hoping it’s a healing experience...

#66 elawood

Posted 05 April 2018 - 10:55 AM

Baby steps, that's awesome that you've found a GP you like. It's so important.  Throughout the process of ending both pregnancies, my GP phoned me several times to see how I was, sent me a medical certificate for work through the mail so I didn't have to go in and pay for an appointment and then bulk billed me the next time I went to essentially just chat through what happened. She is now really excited for me for this pregnancy and I know I can call her at any time for advice or if I feel anxious.
A good GP is worth their weight in gold!

#67 Joliseix

Posted 05 April 2018 - 02:49 PM

My GP called with my results & all good.
My levels are spot on for where I should be which is good to know.
Now the countdown is on for my 1st OB appointment!

Anyone thought of names yet?

Edited by Joliseix, 05 April 2018 - 07:23 PM.

#68 almostme

Posted 05 April 2018 - 10:09 PM

Hello everyone,
Feels a bit surreal joining this group but I’ve just had a second lot of blood tests and it all looks pretty normal apparently.
I’m due 9 December. Looking forward to getting to know you all, I kind of thought my anxiety would just end at the TTC stage, but I’m still petrified even though I finally got a BFP. Jeez pregnancy is more complex than I ever realised!

#69 Iliketoflounce

Posted 05 April 2018 - 10:51 PM

Names: yes we do have names girl: Zahra (Zara) boy: Ali (arlee). How they are pronounced is the brackets

#70 Joliseix

Posted 05 April 2018 - 11:34 PM

Welcome Almost, the anxiety doesn’t even stop once they a born it just becomes a new type of anxiety!

Lovely names Flounce.
I want something that has a “rainbow” meaning behind first or middle. So it may take some time to get a list going, then I also don’t want to jinx myself & get my hopes up till I know if another SCH has formed or not...

#71 elawood

Posted 06 April 2018 - 09:43 AM

No names yet, won't dare to think about it until we have the all-clear at 20 weeks. We have a comprehensive list of boys' names from last time and I have girl names that I like, but we don't really agree on many so bubs probably won't have a clear name until he or she is born. I like classic names that are 'real' but not too common, he likes edgy names. I'm a teacher so heaps of names are 'vetoed' once I've taught an awful kid with that name - the association is hard to shake!

#72 Joliseix

Posted 06 April 2018 - 10:45 AM

I don’t name my babies till they are born but I like to have a list but it’s hard finding names we both like/love especially when you want a name with a meaning behind it!

#73 Baby_steps

Posted 06 April 2018 - 01:06 PM

Hello everyone. Unfortunately I think it will be a short and bittersweet stay for me in the December group. I had backache last night and red spotting this morning. Went to ED and found out my hcg on Tuesday at 5w0d was only 288. At least I get some clarity about the outcome now. I suppose there is a glimmer of hope and I'll update as I can but for now I just wanted to debrief and say thanks for your support in the early days!

#74 Iliketoflounce

Posted 06 April 2018 - 01:38 PM

Oh baby_steps I am hoping it’s not over you I have everything crossed

#75 Joliseix

Posted 06 April 2018 - 02:19 PM

I have everything crossed for you baby steps x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.