Due in December 2018 chat #1

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
276 replies to this topic

#1 Sandra

Posted 31 March 2018 - 10:07 PM

Welcome to your own little section ladies and a HUGE congratulations.

:BFP: :BFP: :babyboy: :babygirl: :babyboy: :babygirl: :BFP: :BFP:  

Enjoy this wonderful journey and I wish you all a wonderful birth.

Please make sure you read this forums rules in particular Facebook, this group is a safe place and inclusive of anyone due in this month.

If you need any help just let me know.

Enjoy!

#2 Sailor4

Posted 31 March 2018 - 11:30 PM

Hi guys.
Bit about me. I'm 24, DH is 28. This will hopefully be our first baby with and EDD of 6th of December. This was our 4th cycle TTC, and I really think the magic trick was adding vitex to the mix! Just trying to wean myself off vitex now.

So currently I'm 4 + 4. We have got 3 positive FRERs and today I took a clearblue digital which put me at 3 weeks+ from conception. Apparently your HCG has to be over 2000 for that, so I'm pretty stoked. We saw the GP last week (at 4 weeks), and had bloods done on the same day. Should get them back on Wednesday, and he said that if they are good, he will book our dating scan in!

#3 Joliseix

Posted 01 April 2018 - 07:37 AM

I’m 32, 33 in June. I have 5 kids 4 girls & a son.
We lost our son at 18wks recently, so this Pregnancy will be high risk & I’m already really stressed.
I don’t want to tell anyone but I need somewhere to talk...
I look forward with getting to know everyone :)

I’m due Dec 10th :)

#4 Baby_steps

Posted 01 April 2018 - 10:10 AM

Yay I have been hanging out for this group! Hi and congrats again Sailor! Hi Joliseix, I am so sorry for your recent loss, and I hope this pregnancy goes smoothly for you.
I got a bfp last Wednesday, completely shocked as I was sure AF was coming. Did another FRER yesterday morning and the line seems slightly stronger but it has made me anxious so not sure if I should do anymore. Too scared to do those digital dating ones Sailor.
EDD based on period is 7th December. Seeing GP on Tuesday. We fly to Japan on the 16th (so about 6w2d) so I'm super nervous about that now.

#5 Sailor4

Posted 01 April 2018 - 01:19 PM

Joliesix, I have everything crossed that the next 8 months goes well for you. I can't imagine what you have just been through

Baby steps, my 3 FRERs were all the same color, not any darker. Although they were all within 48 hours. I have heard the digital ones can be unreliable (eg people should be getting 3+ and are only getting 2-3), so I probably wouldnt worry too much about doing one of them either. I am so scared of a CP but I have decided that I just need to wait it out for bloods. That might be the best thing for you too..you can't argue with the numbers from your bloods!

Is anyone getting a fair bit of cramping? I've continued to get it intermittently since before AF was due. Also have very sore nipples, but no other symptoms as such yet.

Edited by Sailor4, 01 April 2018 - 01:28 PM.

#6 Joliseix

Posted 01 April 2018 - 02:26 PM

Yes I’m getting a fair bit of cramping but always do.
I feel nauseous all the time but I think it’s more stress than actual morning sickness. I know that will come in the next few weeks...
I had it so bad last time, I’m really hoping its only a mild this time, I’m actually dreading getting morning sickness again

I wouldn’t stress to much about lines, especially if it was fairly dark the first time, like Sailor said your better off getting a blood test or 2 & seeing what the numbers do :)

#7 Baby_steps

Posted 01 April 2018 - 03:16 PM

Gosh thank you ladies. I think I'll hold off POAS again, I just did one and the line is now darker than the control so I feel vindicated in testing but of course it doesn't change anything!
Is HCG a routine test that GPs would order? I was thinking no point unless you're going to track the pattern, which I don't intend to. I'm more hoping for a super early scan before we travel but not sure if that makes sense either.
My cramping has eased off from around the time of the bfp when it was super frequent and noticeable. I still get something mild maybe once a day, perhaps I'm just not noticing too. I have felt queasy after eating the last few days but that could be anxiety too :/
So glad I have you ladies - we haven't told anyone else yet and don't intend to for at least a few weeks!

#8 Joliseix

Posted 01 April 2018 - 03:33 PM

I personally would hold off on a scab just in case your dates are out slightly & all you see is a yolk sac & then you spend your whole trip worrying.
How far along will you be when you get back?
They do a HCG test but it’s usually a positive or negative not a numbers one unless you ask for it to be a numbers one :)
Are you ladi snsoing private or public care?
I’m going private again.
This pregnancy is high risk due to having two 34 weekers(4 &5) then losing number 6. My OB was talking about starting me on aspirin to try help prevent a blood clot forming.
I’m going to be so anxious this whole pregnancy I just know it..

Edited by Joliseix, 01 April 2018 - 03:34 PM.

#9 Sailor4

Posted 01 April 2018 - 03:59 PM

I agree joliseix, my understanding is that 6 weeks is too early for a scan. I think its 7 weeks on?

We have been talking about that today. I'm completely unsure about whether to to private or public. Does anyone know the benefits vs negatives of both?

#10 Baby_steps

Posted 01 April 2018 - 04:18 PM

Joliseix I think you're right. Maybe I will book the scan for when we get back which would be 8.5 weeks. Unless Dr thinks otherwise (like ruling out ectopic). I have been trawling the web for info today - looked at health care in Japan and miscarriages (I know, worst case scenario but doesn't hurt to be prepared) and I think it will be ok. I think our insurance covers miscarriage but will ring and confirm that.
Well as for the public vs private debate, I am a midwife, so hoping that I will be low risk and book with a midwife caseload program! I know it doesnt seem I'm a midwife because I'm so clueless right now but we are used to dealing with pregnancies after about 20 weeks so I'm well out of my comfort zone.

#11 Iliketoflounce

Posted 01 April 2018 - 04:25 PM

hi everyone so excited to join you. I got my BFP at lunch time today bright as day. Going bu LMP I am due the 2/12 but by ovulation 7/12 (Irregular cycles)

I will have to see my dr ASAP due to hyperemesis gravadurm and only being able to have zofran

#12 Sailor4

Posted 01 April 2018 - 04:30 PM

Oh that's handy babysteps! I'm even more clueless..can you explain what a midwife caseload program is?

Congrats again iliketoflounce!! Very similar EDD to me. I am the 6th at the moment.

Edited by Sailor4, 01 April 2018 - 04:31 PM.

#13 Joliseix

Posted 01 April 2018 - 05:06 PM

Baby steps awesome to know be prepared for lots of questions come 20 weeks lol

Welcome flounce, u always ovulate late in my cycle so I’m going by my Ovulation date which puts me at the 10/12 & LMP puts me at 6/12 :)

#14 Baby_steps

Posted 01 April 2018 - 07:28 PM

Haha Joliseix I am well used to questions and will happily answer if I can :)
Like with Sailor4's question - so, caseload midwifery (it can be called midwifery group practice) is where you are looked after by one midwife for your pregnancy and birth, and she has one or two back up midwives for her days off etc.
This type of care is associated with the best outcomes for mum and baby for low-risk pregnancies (hence, if for some reason I'm not low-risk then depending on the issue I would reconsider the best option...). It is also offered by most hospitals in the public system (free!). I think the other thing is - so many women go private because they want choice, and they want to know the person who's running the show when baby is being born. But private care is very costly and not always associated with better outcomes, if you're low risk. With caseload midwifery you get the best of all of the above :)
Are you in Melbourne? Depending on where you are I might be able to give you some pointers on where to book if this interests you.
https://www.midwives...idwife-benefits (This article also gives you some layman's explanations whilst also linking to the main literature supporting this type of care if you are interested)
Welcome flounce, and congrats :)

#15 Iliketoflounce

Posted 01 April 2018 - 07:28 PM

I will go to the Dr this week if I can get in.

My daughter is 2 on the 11th so I should have a scan around then

#16 Joliseix

Posted 01 April 2018 - 08:01 PM

I go private because I love my OB, he has been there for all of my births & was absolutely wonderful during the birth of my 18 week old son.
I know I’ll be high risk & he knows all my history so for me it makes sense to go through him again.

Where about in melbourne are you Babysteps?
I’m outer south east :)

I’m so torn between getting a dating scan or just seeing my OB at 8-9 weeks & hoping for the best

Edited by Joliseix, 01 April 2018 - 08:02 PM.

#17 Sailor4

Posted 01 April 2018 - 08:05 PM

That sounds exactly what I am looking for babysteps. We are moving to Canberra before the baby is born, so I dont know where to even start with trying to arrange anything from the other side of the country

#18 Baby_steps

Posted 01 April 2018 - 08:44 PM

Joliseix we actually just moved to Bendigo but I had been in Melbourne up until then. Very happy with the tree change so far. It makes sense to go with an OB when you are high risk and you've been through him previously. That's really awesome :) fingers crossed for a great experience this time for you.
Sailor I believe Canberra has some wonderful midwife programs. How many weeks would you be when you are moving? These programs are popular so sometimes they can book quickly - so if you're going to be there soon I'd ring a contact number for them and try and get a referral in or on the waitlist (depends how you get in to the program). If you're not going to be there til much later I would just ring as you are about to move and see if they have spots/cancellations (women move all the time etc). And if you can't get in at that point, I would recommend a doula or private midwife (this is my plan B because I would pay money for those awesome outcomes, but if it's free I'll take it!).

#19 Sailor4

Posted 01 April 2018 - 10:58 PM

That's one thing I am unsure about. My husband starts work there at the start of July. I would like to move then but I will only be 4 months pregnant so I will not be eligible for maternity leave. My alternative is to stay here and we live apart for a couple of months, I continue working in my current job and then get maternity leave at about 6 months. Sounds like either way it is better off waiting until we move to organize birth plans, and then hoping we can get what we are hoping for!!

Edited by Sailor4, 01 April 2018 - 11:11 PM.

#20 elawood

Posted 02 April 2018 - 09:54 AM

Hi everyone, tentatively joining here. I have also suffered losses in the past 18 months - one at 13 weeks and one at 19 weeks. We have a genetic syndrome so have a 25% chance of it happening again so I’m very very anxious about this pregnancy but have to hope this one will be ok. This would be my first baby and my partner and I are both 38. Unfortunately we have no testing available so we’ll be relying on ultrasounds and hoping if it is affected it will be picked up before 20 weeks.

As for private v public, I’ll be treated in the public system as I’m high risk until we get an all-clear then I’ll go to my previous OB as he has medical history.

I’m having a dating scan in a couple of weeks as I ovulated late this cycle so my dates are out. But I’m estimating a due date of Dec 1st which would be special as it’s my mums birthday and she is really sick in ICU right now.

No cramping or sickness yet, but man I am TIRED. (Although a lot going on in my life right now!)

Looking forward to getting to know you ladies, my last DIG was really supportive and it’s been nice watching their babies grow (although a little sad that I lost mine)

Is anyone in Perth? Are you going to find out gender?

#21 Sailor4

Posted 02 April 2018 - 10:24 AM

I'm sorry to hear Elawood, I really hope your next 8 months are completely uneventful.

I live in Perth at the moment, but moving East before baby is born as I mentioned. I've heard KEMH and FSH are the 2 main maternity hospitals in Perth?  
We will find out gender but not until the 20 week scan. I think we have decided against the harmony test..any results wont change how we proceed with the pregnancy, so for us it would mostly be about finding out gender. But $400 is a lot to find out gender! How about you?

#22 Joliseix

Posted 02 April 2018 - 11:00 AM

I’m sorry for your losses Elawood, I know the pain of having to go through that :(
I hope both our pregnancies are uneventful & boring x

We won’t be finding out gender I’m considering having the harmony test due to losing our son but we didn’t lose him to a chromosome issue so I’m undecided.

You could just wait for the 20wk ultrasound Sailor unless your desperate to find out early!

#23 Roxy88

Posted 02 April 2018 - 12:13 PM

Hi all,
Im due Dec 1 with baby number 2. My little boy turned 2 in February.
Nervous about the first 12 weeks, I had a miscarriage before my first was born and it plays on my mind!

Bit of cramping happening and tiredness. Waiting for morning sickness to start had a bit of nausea this morning. Not keen for that! Looking forward to getting to know you all 😁

#24 Joliseix

Posted 02 April 2018 - 12:54 PM

Welcome Roxy! It will be lovely to share another pregnancy journey with you :)

#25 elawood

Posted 02 April 2018 - 01:09 PM

Yes Sailor KEMH is the women’s hospital but unless you live in the area, you can only go there if you are high risk (I delivered my son at 19 weeks there) or if you are low risk and get into the birth centre which is midwife lead.
If I was going public in Perth I’d go to Fiona Stanley for sure.
Likewise Jolisex!
We will find out but at ultrasound, would like to wait till it’s ok first but in reality we will probably end up knowing as a by product of extra scans. I will have NIPT because I’m 38 and the NT scan is more likely to show high risk when there is no risk. I’d rather not panic and have the blood test that’s 99% accurate over a screening test. Ours wasn’t chromosome based loss either but I’d rather check everything.
If it was just for gender I wouldn’t do NIPT  - our 15 week ultrasound last time clearly showed it was a boy so you don’t always have to wait till 20 weeks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.