220 replies to this topic

#1 Sandra

Posted 19 March 2018 - 09:47 AM

New thread time ladies :)

#2 DrAe

Posted 19 March 2018 - 11:08 AM

Hi there
Long time stalker first time poster🙈
Found out this morning I'm pregnant with my #3 our #4.
Estimate due date 24-11

Edited by DrAe, 19 March 2018 - 11:14 AM.

#3 Tamika88

Posted 19 March 2018 - 11:24 AM

Hi ladies,
Anyone ever have experience with borderline HCG Beta blood result? They haven't told me the score, just that it was borderline where they can't give me a positive or a negative... So frustrating!
I have to go back tomorrow for a repeat blood test, I'm hoping it may have just been too early. I did the blood test the day my AF was due.
Any advice would be great!

I did two more HPT's just to make sure again, they came back stronger than my last ones.

Edited by Tamika88, 19 March 2018 - 11:24 AM.

#4 Tamika88

Posted 19 March 2018 - 11:25 AM

Congrats DrAe! Hope it's a smooth 8 months for you :)

#5 Growingmytribe

Posted 19 March 2018 - 12:34 PM

If anyone is wanting to join the “secret” group, pm me and I can give you details :)

#6 CatherineD884

Posted 19 March 2018 - 02:13 PM

Hi ladies, just wanted to be able to tell someone other than my husband, we're keeping this pregnancy hush hush since our mc in October last year - we told a lot of people last time and it was heartbreaking having to tell them about the mc. Keeping it to ourselves for a couple more weeks... Anyway, something I didnt experience last time was ms and while I am not vomiting I have been nauseous since Friday, like a hangover with no headache. While it doesnt feel great, I love that I can feel something! Another thing I want to mention is that I am already 1 day ahead of my last pregnancy, I mc at 6+4 and that is where I am today. Fingers crossed for an extra sticky bub. It's so great to be in the same boat as you all and have an outlet xx

#7 RunningRuby

Posted 19 March 2018 - 02:49 PM

Congrats DrAe!

Tamika88, unfortunately I don’t have any experience with borderline hcg Beta results but I hope you get tomorrow’s results back soon with a positive outcome!

#8 Growingmytribe

Posted 19 March 2018 - 03:44 PM

View PostTamika88, on 19 March 2018 - 11:24 AM, said:

Hi ladies,
Anyone ever have experience with borderline HCG Beta blood result? They haven't told me the score, just that it was borderline where they can't give me a positive or a negative... So frustrating!
I have to go back tomorrow for a repeat blood test, I'm hoping it may have just been too early. I did the blood test the day my AF was due.
Any advice would be great!

I did two more HPT's just to make sure again, they came back stronger than my last ones.

It sounds like you just did bloods a little early. I’d take it as a good sign that the tests are getting darker :) The hcg numbers have to start somewhere, I think it’s more important to see them double correctly, than the actual number. Hopefully they can tell you your results within a few hours of doing your bloods tomorrow.

#9 Tamika88

Posted 19 March 2018 - 06:09 PM

Update: they didn't do another blood test as the dr I seen said it came back positive but only just. She said it was early days and to do another blood test in another week or so.
I don't know why they think it was a good idea to have a drs administration staff tell you the result, so frustrating and stressful....

#10 Growingmytribe

Posted 19 March 2018 - 06:36 PM

View PostTamika88, on 19 March 2018 - 06:09 PM, said:

Update: they didn't do another blood test as the dr I seen said it came back positive but only just. She said it was early days and to do another blood test in another week or so.
I don't know why they think it was a good idea to have a drs administration staff tell you the result, so frustrating and stressful....

That’s not good :( I don’t understand why they couldn’t do a repeat, as it would quickly and super easily, tell you if the hcg had doubled.

#11 Geekish

Posted 19 March 2018 - 10:17 PM

Hello!

I just got a (surprise!) BFP on Sunday. Went off to Dr today for bloods and need to get a dating scan next week.

EDD is 21/11/18.

This is my 3rd pregnancy, my daughter is 6 and pregnancy #2 ended at 19 weeks. My Dr has advised that  if all is okay with scan & bloods, I need to decide if I want to be referred to the High Risk unit at a large public hospital, due to my history, or a private OB. I've only gone private previously so I don't know what is best. I've got a few more weeks to decide, if all goes well.

I'm 36, DH is 45 and we are in Perth.

#12 DrAe

Posted 20 March 2018 - 07:18 AM

Tamika88 how frustrating hoping the week goes by quickly for you
CatherineD884 I was the same that's why I finally posted! Makes it feel more real once you start saying it!
Congrats geekish wishing you a happy and healthy 8 months!!

#13 ohhhhello

Posted 20 March 2018 - 08:42 PM

View Postohhhhello, on 20 March 2018 - 08:42 PM, said:

HI tamika- I had similar occurance where my hcg was only 18. Most important thing is that it doubles every 48 hours. For comfort for me I got a few scripts for blood tests (I just demanded from doctor) and I got 3 tests each 2 days apart. It’s amazing how quickly the small numbers become big. The hcg has to start somewhere so try not to worry x

View PostTamika88, on 19 March 2018 - 06:09 PM, said:

HI tamika- I had similar occurance where Munish hug was only 18. Most important thing is that it doubles every 48 hours. For comfort for me I got a few scripts for blood tests and I got 3 tests each 2 days apart. It’s amazing how quickly the small numbers become big. The hug has to start somewhere so try not to worry x

Edited by ohhhhello, 20 March 2018 - 08:48 PM.

#14 ohhhhello

Posted 20 March 2018 - 08:46 PM

SCAN SUCCESS!!!! Update on me, I had my first scanning today at 7+5. Told the ob I was petrified as my symptoms are super minimal. He said I’m just lucky as on the scanner we saw the little bean and he we saw his flickering little heart. He said everything is fine for 8 weeks. Phew.

Next steps;

Week 10- get chromosome blood test. Takes 3-4 business days for results. If it shows anything of risk, then have option for follow up test.

Week 12- see ob again. See him every 4 weeks until 24 weeks, then every 2.

Week 13- big formal scan at imaging centre to check for any abnormalities.

Feels like we have jumped a big hurdle today and risk is much lower now we have a heartbeat

I feel like other ladies had scans this week too? Good luck!!

#15 Asil87

Posted 21 March 2018 - 06:40 AM

Good morning all.

Ohhhhello that is great news! I’ll admit, I was stalking a bit yesterday hoping you’d post some good news!

I’m 7 weeks today and won’t be having a dating scan so I’ll have to wait a while yet.

Welcome and congratulations to everyone who has joined.

I hope everything is going well for you all!

#16 Daisycakes18

Posted 21 March 2018 - 08:04 AM

Great news ohhhhello! Yay especially for seeing that heartbeat! I’m only 6+6 today, but have an appointment with my doctor on Monday so I’m hoping I can talk her into an early scan then. Lol

#17 emandtilly

Posted 21 March 2018 - 09:06 AM

View Postbonbonbaby, on 21 March 2018 - 08:29 AM, said:

Is there anyone else sleeping terribly?

I'm 7 weeks tomorrow and I'm either struggling to get to sleep (worrying about the outcome of the pregnancy), having horrible nightmares or waking and needing to go wee!

Then, if I'm awake for too long, I start getting nauseas and have to eat some crackers haha

Yes!! I’m so tired but can hardly sleep for all of those reasons, glad I’m not the only one 😴

#18 Geekish

Posted 21 March 2018 - 09:59 AM

Great news ohhhhello!

No trouble sleeping, but nausea has kicked in today. I’m high risk of HG again, so am worried about that. I forgot to ask for a Zofran script when I saw my Dr, although I don’t like to take it in the first trimester.

Edited by Geekish, 21 March 2018 - 10:00 AM.

#19 Mimmy91

Posted 21 March 2018 - 11:54 AM

The sleeping is difficult. I blame my boobs though.

The vomiting at work = exhausting. My boss asked if it was gastro i said no. Her statement was "you should take a pregnancy test because that is not normal"

I made no comment because I am not telling her till i have seen a heartbeat or week 12 depending on impatience/ illness. But severe anxiety can cause vomiting too so jumping straight to pregnancy annoyed me unnecessarily.

#20 Tamika88

Posted 21 March 2018 - 02:53 PM

Update: I went to the dr again and got the blood works all done including another HCG Beta. Depending on what that one comes back then we will do another HCG again. Booked in for a dating scan on the 3rd April and booked in for my OB on the 24th April. It feels real now all these things are being done. Started to feel queasy, hungry and empty all at once today.

#21 Monna

Posted 21 March 2018 - 07:55 PM

Ohhhhello that's awesome news, such a relief!!

I've got my scan on Saturday (I should be 7+5) and I'm really starting to get anxious about it - my last dating scan was end of October last year where they detected my blighted ovum. I'm soooo scared that I'll have another bad outcome and have to go through that same experience (wait, scan, d&c). It was horrendous :(

#22 Monna

Posted 21 March 2018 - 07:57 PM

Bonbonbaby yeah I've been in the trouble sleeping category! I usually have to pee at least twice before getting to sleep, then sometime overnight. Plus I keep having stupid vivid dreams and waking up early then not able to get back to sleep ugh!

#23 Summer81

Posted 21 March 2018 - 08:17 PM

View PostMonna, on 21 March 2018 - 07:55 PM, said:

Ohhhhello that's awesome news, such a relief!!

I've got my scan on Saturday (I should be 7+5) and I'm really starting to get anxious about it - my last dating scan was end of October last year where they detected my blighted ovum. I'm soooo scared that I'll have another bad outcome and have to go through that same experience (wait, scan, d&c). It was horrendous :(

Fx for you Monna we'll be thinking of you x

#24 RunningRuby

Posted 21 March 2018 - 08:21 PM

View PostTamika88, on 21 March 2018 - 02:53 PM, said:

Update: I went to the dr again and got the blood works all done including another HCG Beta. Depending on what that one comes back then we will do another HCG again. Booked in for a dating scan on the 3rd April and booked in for my OB on the 24th April. It feels real now all these things are being done. Started to feel queasy, hungry and empty all at once today.

We’re alnost scan buddies, I have my dating scan on the 2nd and my OB appointment on the 24th. The scan can’t come fast enough! Still no symptoms...
Hope your blood results come back quickly and they’ve risen nicely. I hate the waiting game of the first trimester!

#25 rayrae

Posted 21 March 2018 - 11:39 PM

Hi, checking in, been on the other group.
Welcome and congrats to those who've joined.
Fingers crossed for those waiting on results and scans. It was very nice to see the heartbeat last Sat. My GP has suggested the harmony test so we'll know the sex before too long.

Geekish I'm in Perth too :) I think location wise and my history with my 1st might put me at King Eddie. That's generally where high risk go.

Edited by rayrae, 21 March 2018 - 11:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.