Due in November 2018 chat #1

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
187 replies to this topic

#1 Sandra

Posted 27 February 2018 - 12:43 PM

Welcome to your own little section ladies and a HUGE congratulations.

:BFP: :BFP: :babyboy: :babygirl: :babyboy: :babygirl: :BFP: :BFP:  

Enjoy this wonderful journey and I wish you all a wonderful birth.

Please make sure you read this forums rules in particular Facebook, this group is a safe place and inclusive of anyone due in this month.

If you need any help just let me know.

Enjoy!

#2 Summer81

Posted 27 February 2018 - 01:03 PM

Thanks Sandra!

Yay for bfp :)

Info on me- I'm 4w4d approx so I'm due 2nd Nov with #3. I have 2 DS who are 3 and 5 and I'm 36. Petrified to be having a third and still wondering if we're crazy haha! Very excited though!

Had my bloods yesterday. Will have NIPT at 10 weeks. May not worry about dating scan because I'm sure of dates- although it is nice to see a little heartbeat. Plus saving money haha!

All the best to everyone else to join!

Edited by Summer81, 27 February 2018 - 05:38 PM.

#3 Monna

Posted 27 February 2018 - 07:07 PM

Ooh yay a November group!!

I just got my bfp last Friday at 11dpo and then another on Sunday with a darker positive, so assuming it's trending in the right direction. No bloods yet but I've booked a GP appointment for Thursday. By my calculations I'm just over 4w and due on 4th November.

My backstory: I'm turning 35 in a month (DH is 35) and we have a DD who just turned 2. We fell pregnant last September but unfortunately ended in a blighted ovum found on ultrasound and I had a d&c on 14th November. So I'm pretty freaked out right now hoping so much all goes smoothly this time.

Likely I'll have an early scan at 7-8 weeks and am thinking this time we'll have the NIPT done as well.

Edited by Monna, 27 February 2018 - 07:07 PM.

#4 Summer81

Posted 27 February 2018 - 07:30 PM

Welcome Monna! Fx it's a sticky one. I had a MC last August at 9 weeks so it's a nervous time for me too.

Not really having any signs yet. A little tired (but I have young kids hehe), some mild cramping and backache and extra CM. What about you? I know it's early and I'm hoping to avoid whole day sickness I've had previously!

#5 Monna

Posted 28 February 2018 - 10:23 AM

Sounds quite similar to me! By the end of the day I'm really tired, also been getting quite light-headed at times. Other than that just on and off cramps and back pain, and some extra CM as well. I only took the test at 11dpo as I was convined af was arriving and wanted to put myself out of my misery. Got such a shock to see a second line!!! Fx it's sticky for both of us xxx. I actually want to feel crappy because last time with my MC I had no symptoms at all so feeling so tired is actually making me happy haha.

#6 Growingmytribe

Posted 28 February 2018 - 02:46 PM

Cautiously joining in here :) got my bfp this morning. This is #3 for me. Very early days here at 9 or 10 dpo based on ovulation symptoms. I’m still breastfeeding #2 and have managed to catch the first ovulation pp. so no period to go off...but rough calculations put me due the 10-11th of November.
I can’t even remember when I should go and see a doctor? All things going well, I’ll call my ob in a week or so and I’ll see him at 9 weeks.

#7 Summer81

Posted 28 February 2018 - 03:58 PM

Hi growingmytribe! Congrats! Well done on catching an egg without a period haha! I waited until after AF was due to go to Dr just in case I had another CP- although that's a guess for you as well :)

I'm with you Monna. Whilst I don't want to be sick again I'd like some signs of pregnancy, though it's still such early days. I have a Dr appt tomorrow so should get my blood results back. Fx!!

#8 Monna

Posted 28 February 2018 - 06:47 PM

Growingmytribe welcome! I think you just go to the doctor when you want to and need referrals etc. I usually go early but that's because my maternity hospital gets booked out really quickly for the 20 week scan and if I don't get in I have to pay. I'm not sure how it works for private though.

Summer81 good luck with your bloods tomorrow xx.

#9 Growingmytribe

Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:45 PM

I’ll wait a week and then go. I pretty much only go to get the referral for my ob. Last two pregnancies the gp ran bloods to check immunity but no hcg was checked.
I hate the first trimester. My first two pregnancies I had no symptoms so constantly worried. I wish there was a fast forward button but I think most people feel that way.

#10 Summer81

Posted 01 March 2018 - 07:45 AM

Had my appointment and bloods aren't back yet how annoying!! It's been 2 days they should have been done by yesterday... now just to wait and see if I get a call :(

Edited by Summer81, 01 March 2018 - 07:46 AM.

#11 Monna

Posted 01 March 2018 - 11:43 AM

Summer81 that's so frustrating!! Especially when you have had an appointment and everything.

My last pregnancy my bloods took ages to come back, then it turned out my doctor never even ordered HCG!  I was fuming!!  I can guarantee you she will be ordering them at my appointment today :lol:

#12 ohhhhello

Posted 01 March 2018 - 01:23 PM

hi ladies,

so excited to be joining this group! Im pregnant with my 1st, after 8 months of TTC and a laparoscopy in Dec. I feel super nervous.

I had BFP quite early at sunday last week.

I have a series of bloods (had mixed opinions about HCG levels initially).

Sun 18th - 18
Tues 20th 62
Thurs 22nd - 162
Wed 28th - 2455

doctor is super happy with my HCG now.
I don't have my initial app and scan until March 20th - feel so far away! currently im feeling really good - other than a little bit tired, and appetite  big wonky.

is anybody else in Melbourne?

oh and EDD is Nov 3rd!

#13 Monna

Posted 01 March 2018 - 01:31 PM

Ohhhhello *waves* I'm so excited seeing all these people from the TTC board. Great to hear your HCG levels are going well :)

I'm in Melbourne as well, NE suburbs!

#14 ohhhhello

Posted 01 March 2018 - 01:37 PM

Monna, on 01 March 2018 - 01:31 PM, said:

Ohhhhello *waves* I'm so excited seeing all these people from the TTC board. Great to hear your HCG levels are going well Posted Image

I'm in Melbourne as well, NE suburbs!

I agree - its so lovely!!

Im bayside. We have just decided to go private and go to Cabrini with Tim Sturrock. It was such a big decision public vs private

#15 musicalgirl_85

Posted 01 March 2018 - 02:01 PM

Hi ladies! Congrats to you all! I'm cautiously dipping my toe in here.... I got my bfp last week and this will be #2. My DS is 2. I had a chemical pregnancy in October, so I'm a bit nervous this time around. By my calculations I'm 4+5 and due on 3 Nov. My last DIG is amazing and still going strong and I'm looking forward to this group being the same. Here's to an uneventful 9 months! I look forward to getting to know you all :yes:

#16 Monna

Posted 01 March 2018 - 02:24 PM

Ohhhhello I had a friend go private at Cabrini a few years ago and had a good experience. Not sure who her ob was though. I'm going public same as last time, I live 10 minutes away from the Mercy in Heidelberg and can't fault it so far, both with DD in 2016 and my d&c last November.

Musicalgirl welcome! My last DIG is also going strong and also looking forward to this group being the same :)

#17 Growingmytribe

Posted 01 March 2018 - 03:59 PM

Welcome ohhhello. I’m also from Melbourne. Monna I must not be far from you. That is my closest hospital but I will be going private again in the city.

#18 Growingmytribe

Posted 01 March 2018 - 04:02 PM

Welcome musicalgirl :) I also have a DS who is 2.

#19 Summer81

Posted 01 March 2018 - 07:52 PM

Welcome Musicalgirl and Ohhhello! Good to see some more people joining the group!

#20 Monna

Posted 02 March 2018 - 07:43 AM

Ugh I hate the first trimester anxiety! Woke up this morning feeling completely "normal" and of course started freaking out. Need to remind myself that symptoms usually fluctuate and not to stress.

Had my GP appointment yesterday and bloods taken. Now to book in for my 7-8 week scan, which I'm so nervous about since that's where we found out last time the pregnancy wasn't developing as it should.

Hope everyone else is feeling ok!

#21 ohhhhello

Posted 02 March 2018 - 08:14 AM

Monna, on 02 March 2018 - 07:43 AM, said:

Ugh I hate the first trimester anxiety! Woke up this morning feeling completely "normal" and of course started freaking out. Need to remind myself that symptoms usually fluctuate and not to stress.

Had my GP appointment yesterday and bloods taken. Now to book in for my 7-8 week scan, which I'm so nervous about since that's where we found out last time the pregnancy wasn't developing as it should.

Hope everyone else is feeling ok!

Hey Monna - i completely agree. i am constantly freaking out and my anxiety is through the roof. i feel constantly scared that something will go wrong. i literally have an image saved on my phone which is chance of miscarriage by week - insane lol
I don't have my scan until march 20th which feels like so far away.

Other than being a tad tired and bloated, i am fine. suppose we should be grateful as from what i hear sickness will hit us in the next few weeks!

#22 Monna

Posted 02 March 2018 - 09:06 AM

My pregnancy with DD I didn't even get sick at all. Was great but also made me anxious. I learned it doesn't happen to everyone though!

Just booked my dating scan for 24th March. Ended up booking it at the same place I went last time for my bad scan, as they are open Saturdays, so hopefully I deal ok!

#23 bondikeyes

Posted 02 March 2018 - 09:16 AM

Hi….first time poster here. I apologise in advance if I don’t get the lingo right! I got married in October 2017 and had to wait 6 weeks for the Zika test, so first time really trying in Jan. First time pregnant!

I had my first BFP on 20th Feb….and spotting on the 20th and 21st. Went to the doctor to confirm via blood test & check my hcg levels.

21st – 30

23rd – 90

26th – 360

2nd march -???

No spotting since the first time then, hopefully it was implantation bleeding? I’m due on the 1st November. I’m a bit worried because I feel fine! I’m exhausted and I felt nauseous two days in a row for about 5 mins at a time but except for being exhausted and a super sense of smell, I feel normal! I think I book in for a dating scan soon?

#24 Growingmytribe

Posted 02 March 2018 - 10:41 AM

ohhhhello, on 02 March 2018 - 08:14 AM, said:

Hey Monna - i completely agree. i am constantly freaking out and my anxiety is through the roof. i feel constantly scared that something will go wrong. i literally have an image saved on my phone which is chance of miscarriage by week - insane lol
I don't have my scan until march 20th which feels like so far away.

Other than being a tad tired and bloated, i am fine. suppose we should be grateful as from what i hear sickness will hit us in the next few weeks!

Ohhhello I have a webpage saved in my phone which shows the percentage decrease per day. By my non professional calculations and no lmp to go off, I’m not 4 weeks until Sunday.

#25 Growingmytribe

Posted 02 March 2018 - 10:44 AM

Monna, on 02 March 2018 - 09:06 AM, said:

My pregnancy with DD I didn't even get sick at all. Was great but also made me anxious. I learned it doesn't happen to everyone though!

Just booked my dating scan for 24th March. Ended up booking it at the same place I went last time for my bad scan, as they are open Saturdays, so hopefully I deal ok!
I wasn’t sick with either of my previous pregnancies (one of each sex). I was grateful but wished I felt something. With #2 I started feeling flutters right before the 12/13 week scam. So that was comforting :)

Edited by Growingmytribe, 02 March 2018 - 10:44 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.