Due in October 2018 chat #2

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#51 Little_o

Posted 07 March 2018 - 06:05 PM

Great news possum!

Had my scan, baby is measuring a week behind by my dates, week and a half by “normal” dates. But has a good strong heart of 150 beats. She wants me to
Come back in two weeks for an updated scan to confirm dates. Must say the more I think about it the more paranoid I am. Why is it measuring so little but has the right heart beat for 7.5 weeks?? I have to get my usb out again and actually check the mm measurements. I just don’t think I would have got a positive when I tested if I was a week out? Plus that means I started morning sickness 4-5 weeks? Which is a bit early. Oh little babies you don’t know what you do to us lol!

#52 loulou1985

Posted 07 March 2018 - 06:56 PM

I'm a bit of an eb stalker but this post reminded me of how mine was. By ultrasound dates it meant I got a strong positive at 5dpo!! But it seems to have been correct.. 27 weeks now and stayed with those dates. Very weird!

#53 possum_wa

Posted 07 March 2018 - 07:07 PM

Little_o
sounds like your dr wasn't too worried? maybe it's just dates, everything else is fine? try not to worry and I hope you'll have more answers after next scan in 2 weeks! as for morning sickness, that could start from as early as w4-5.

at least you'll have an ultrasound and a dr visit soon. I feel a bit lost, don't think I'm due for any tests or appointments till first trimester screening and w11-12 ultrasound, which is a month away!

Edited by possum_wa, 07 March 2018 - 07:18 PM.

#54 Little_o

Posted 07 March 2018 - 10:50 PM

Thanks Loulou good to keep in mind.

Possum: yeah she didn’t seem phased at all, I’ve just never had to have a follow up with the other two so imagination goes into overdrive. She said attachment and uterus and yolk etc all looked great (smooth?) so she had no concerns just the dates I think. I think because I’m on a longer cycle I have myself at 7.5 weeks whereas by text book I should be 8 so maybe that discrepancy is bigger in their minds? I had just hoped to have told my kids today so now I will have to wait another 2 weeks. From memory I only had dating scans at 9 weeks with the other two anyways, not sure if that’s all changed now and they get you in earlier? Is it odd the heartbeat is so strong but a small measurement?

#55 opethmum

Posted 08 March 2018 - 01:57 PM

I had my scans today for updates and there is a heart beat, last time there was a gestational sac with foetal pole but now seeing little one in there is awesome, baby was moving around so sweetly in there.

Took my 3 yo with me and she was so amazed and was saying you ok? As I had tears coming out!

#56 Little_o

Posted 08 March 2018 - 03:13 PM

Great news opethmum!! So special x

#57 IamOzgirl

Posted 08 March 2018 - 03:19 PM

Hi ALl,

Great news with everyone's scans.

I had my first one 6+5 by my IVF dates.

Measuring on schedule and heartbeat of 120.

Very Happy!

#58 Little_o

Posted 08 March 2018 - 03:59 PM

How exciting ozgirl! Best feeling seeing that beat!

#59 jb_85

Posted 08 March 2018 - 05:45 PM

Yay oz!!! I’m measuring pretty much on track with a heartbeat of 120 as well

#60 zeldazonk

Posted 09 March 2018 - 12:27 PM

I had my dating scan today and it did not go well.

Have been given a 95% chance of miscarrying. I was measuring two weeks behind with a very slow heartbeat.

I am pretty devastated.

#61 IamOzgirl

Posted 09 March 2018 - 02:57 PM

Oh no zeldazonk I am so sorry :-(

#62 Little_o

Posted 09 March 2018 - 11:18 PM

Oh zeldazonk big big virtual hugs. How many weeks should you have been measuring? Are you certain of your dates? Xxx

#63 possum_wa

Posted 10 March 2018 - 12:09 AM

zeldazonk
oh so sorry to hear. there is still a small chance it can be ok. fingers crossed.

#64 mill85

Posted 10 March 2018 - 05:54 AM

Just wanted to pop in and say goodbye too. I had a quick scan before my NIPT yesterday and I found out that baby had died at 10 weeks. I’m now waiting for a d&c at my local hospital. I hope you all have beautiful uneventful pregnancies. Xx

Zeldazonk- feel free to PM me anytime- I know what you’re going through xxx

#65 zeldazonk

Posted 10 March 2018 - 06:32 AM

I should have been 7 weeks 2 days but measuring 5 weeks.  I'm very sure of my dates.  There had been some growth since my scan at 5 weeks 6 days, but not much.

I don't have any hope. I hate being stuck in limbo. I have to have hcg tests next week and take it from there.

#66 zeldazonk

Posted 10 March 2018 - 06:35 AM

Thank you so much mill85. It's pretty heartbreaking. I'm so sorry you're going through this too.  I hope your d&c goes as well as it can. xxx

#67 MakingHappiness

Posted 10 March 2018 - 07:13 AM

Oh gosh, Zeldazonk and Mill85, I am so sorry ladies... it is cruel having to go through those scares and the limbo to reach this news.  Sending massive hugs ladies.

Zeldazonk, my experience with miscarriage and hcg was that even though I had a very spontaneous miscarriage where I actually passed the sac, my hcg levels still rose.  As a result (I didn't have a dating scan in that pregnancy) I was sent to hospital for an emergency d&c and laparoscopy to look for the 'ectopic' pregnancy... it wasn't of course - just matter of conception that hadn't passed with the rest...  I guess the point of that ramble is just to be mindful of the HCG thing.  I am so sorry sweet xx

Mill - I'm so sorry you went through that scare last week to end up here... that much harder the more the week pass by 😞  Sending healing vibes xx

Opethmum, OzgirlK and JB_85 - so happy for your beautiful news ☺️✨✨. Lots of healthy growing vibes til the NT scans 💛

#68 MakingHappiness

Posted 12 March 2018 - 02:05 PM

Thought I would just check in... had my rescan today.  Bub was still measuring 5 weeks 6 days, so no growth since last scan, no heartbeat.  Will book in for a D&C I guess, since my body doesn't seem to have done it's own thing.

Wishing you all a happy and healthy pregnancy, with beautiful little bubbas at the end ✨✨

#69 Lunar love

Posted 12 March 2018 - 08:52 PM

I am so sorry ladies :( xx virtual hugs

#70 stace_wa

Posted 12 March 2018 - 10:30 PM

Great to hear the good scan results ladies!

And extremely sorry to read about the not so good scans and losses. Massive hugs to you ladies

#71 Lunar love

Posted 16 March 2018 - 11:20 AM

Hi ladies,

Been a while since I updated. Had an ob appt at 7w3d and bub was doing well. Beautiful heartbeat and had grown a lot since the week before. Next appt is 9w3d and will be getting paperwork for nipt testing this time around. Is anyone else doing the harmony/generation/Natera's panorama test at 9-10 weeks?
Also at my last she mentioned she would like me to take 100mg of aspirin from 12-36 weeks as I had eclampsia starting once my son was born for 6-8 weeks postpartum and she said my chances of getting preeclampsia are now 50% higher. I know it's just a precaution but just curious if anyone else has taken aspirin throughout pregnancy for preeclampsia prevention?

Best of luck to all!

#72 vickydean

Posted 16 March 2018 - 12:27 PM

View PostLunar love, on 16 March 2018 - 11:20 AM, said:

Hi ladies,

Been a while since I updated. Had an ob appt at 7w3d and bub was doing well. Beautiful heartbeat and had grown a lot since the week before. Next appt is 9w3d and will be getting paperwork for nipt testing this time around. Is anyone else doing the harmony/generation/Natera's panorama test at 9-10 weeks?
Also at my last she mentioned she would like me to take 100mg of aspirin from 12-36 weeks as I had eclampsia starting once my son was born for 6-8 weeks postpartum and she said my chances of getting preeclampsia are now 50% higher. I know it's just a precaution but just curious if anyone else has taken aspirin throughout pregnancy for preeclampsia prevention?

Best of luck to all!

Hi, I'm in the September DIG but I saw your post pop up in recent topics so I thought I'd answer.

I'm currently almost 14 weeks and I had the Generation NIPT done at 10wk3dy through Laverty Pathology (I'm in Sydney). For me it was a no brainer. I wanted to know everything was okay with bub and the test is worth every cent. I'm 35 with 2 kids already. It took exactly one week to get the results back.

Then I had a nuchal scan at 12wk 3dy to make sure everything looked structurally sound. The NIPT tests for chromosomal issues on only 3 trisomies whereas a thick nuchal measurement can be indicative of a lot of other issues. The NIPT alone also can't tell you if the baby has spina bifida, missing an arm or leg or have other structural issues. My OB highly recommended having both. I didn't have the blood work that traditionally goes with the 12wk scan (bHCG and Papp-A) because it wasn't needed as I had had the NIPT.

I'm also on aspirin and have been since I was 5 weeks. I have a couple of other issues going on which make me at a higher risk for pre eclampsia. I had it with my first but not my second. It's no big deal, I take 150mg every night before I go to bed. I just cut a 300mg tablet in half (my OB said this was easiest). I think my OB will have me stop it at 36 weeks in case I need a c section because of bleeding (hoping not! I've had 2 natural births!).

Just keep in mind that aspirin (obviously) thins the blood so you will bleed a bit more when having blood tests. I usually warn the pathology people and they just put extra pressure on for a bit longer. I also cut myself shaving my legs and it bled heaps longer than normal. I also bruise a bit easier now too.

But it's perfectly safe and a good preventative measure

Just warning you so you don't get a fright!

#73 jb_85

Posted 17 March 2018 - 06:15 AM

Lunar love my ob also put me on aspirin at 6 weeks, I think it’s more of a precautionary thing with my history of losses but I’m happy to do whatever he suggests. I didn’t know they could use it to help prevent pre eclampsia

#74 Lunar love

Posted 19 March 2018 - 02:55 PM

Thank you so much ladies! Very helpful and interesting. We will certainly be doing the 12 week scan too. Just wanted to have as much info as possible. We had a healthy bub first time around but did have 2 scares relating to scans with him that both turned out to be a casr of one scan being too early (choroid plexus cysts on the brain had no dispersed yet into spinal fluid) had an extra scan and they has disappeared as expected. 20 week scan showed possible shadow on the spine (Spina bifida) so went for emergency scan and it was nothing. So I guess this time we are just more edgy and want to rule out some big things if we can early!
Thank you for answering about the aspirin too! I wondered that exact thing. Will I bleed when I get bloods or what if I cut myself? Haha. So thank you. I guess I will do it because I trust my doctor to do what's best for me and bub.
Panorama scan and bloods are booked for next week Thursday and my obgyn appt is 3 days before so looking forward to seeing bub again and hopefully getting some peace of mind :)

#75 B.M.C.M.I.E

Posted 23 March 2018 - 03:23 PM

I guess it's about time I pop in and say hi (I have been stalking for a few weeks).

We're expecting #5 early October, currently 11+2. Have had bloods and a dating scan but need to follow up on my 12 week scan and hospital referral next week.

I hope everyone has been well, we're all nearing the end of the first trimester now so I hope morning sickness is down and energy is up!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.