Due in October 2018 chat #2

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#101 opethmum

Posted 21 May 2018 - 07:30 PM

With those baby expo markets be careful as many exhibitors have things marked up. Don't purchase anything and always look up prices in a break so you are informed about the best cost of everything. A lot will be marketed to you as a must have and some stuff I bought honestly I did not need or my baby just did not take to it. Don't purchase anything on the fly and some clothes that might seem a bargain maybe sold cheaper on the web and may not fit your child.

Have a great expo and I hope you get what you're after.

#102 Emma1989

Posted 29 May 2018 - 01:58 PM

Hi all, Sorry for the lack of update. I am currently 18 weeks and 3 days. I have my next scan on the 25th June, I had to change the date as hubby was going to be out of town until then and I wanted him to be at our 20 week scan, although it’ll be more like 22 weeks.

Had my first midwife appointment last week and met with the obstetrician today all looking good. Because of my factor five leiden and being on clexane injections I will need to have scans done every 4 weeks to check the growth of the baby as because of my condition there is a chance baby could be small. But atleast they are keeping an eye on me and i’ll get to see bub every month. Can’t wait to find out the sex!

#103 Lunar love

Posted 03 July 2018 - 11:42 AM

Just catching up one everyones progress. Congrats on a boy Stace! You must be stoked.
23w4d today, 20 week scan went great, bub is measuring a little over a week ahead and obgyn said my fundal measurement is 2 weeks ahead so will be asking about this in Monday when I'm back to see her. Will be seeing if we can get an official date for the Caesar as I've been starting to think about logistics with my toddler for the birth. Hoping for first thing in the morning this time. Have been feeling great and belly has popped :) bring on month 7!

#104 stace_wa

Posted 01 September 2018 - 12:55 PM

Ok, so been a while since there was an update in here lol
How are things going Lunarlove? Hope you are doing well.

I'm 36 weeks on Monday and finishing work next Friday. Can't wait to meet our little boy.

We had our first baby for the group born yesterday, seems surreal that we are going to be meeting our little ones so soon!

#105 Tizzy

Posted 03 September 2018 - 12:51 PM

Wow Stace 36 weeks! We've come along way from where we started 😊

#106 stace_wa

Posted 03 September 2018 - 03:09 PM

Nice to hear from you Tizzy! We certainly have 😊 how are you going?

#107 Tizzy

Posted 03 September 2018 - 04:31 PM

View Poststace_wa, on 03 September 2018 - 03:09 PM, said:

Nice to hear from you Tizzy! We certainly have 😊 how are you going?

20 Weeks on Wednesday with a little boy💙 After the first stressful few weeks its actually going really quickly. How are you feeling? X

#108 mel16n

Posted 03 September 2018 - 04:44 PM

Hi there. I’m very late to this group. I’m due oct 30th. So will be 32w tomorrow.

#109 B.M.C.M.I.E

Posted 03 September 2018 - 07:26 PM

We can officially say we're having babies next month!

I hope everyone is feeling well, not too sore and managing some rest.

#110 IamOzgirl

Posted 03 September 2018 - 08:21 PM

We have already had a birth!!

Eek!

#111 Teddy17

Posted 03 September 2018 - 09:08 PM

Just popping in here to see how you’re all going as I’m not on fb anymore after our little girl was born in May. How exciting to hear that the first baby has been born! Who was it Stacey? Please say congratulations from me and I’ll pop in from time to time to see any updates as October gets closer.
How I wish I was at the same stage as you all! It’s been a hard 15 weeks for us, but they are eliminating all possible issues which caused me to go into preterm labour and we have a plan ready for next time we are pregnant.
Please keep updating this page and I wish you all the very best of luck.

#112 stace_wa

Posted 03 September 2018 - 10:46 PM

Our first baby born was Binda's, a little boy born at 35 weeks 😊

I'll try to pop in and update in here periodically.

Good to hear from you Teddy and glad to hear you have a plan coming together for next time. I wish you were still with us at the same term too and hopefully you are pregnant with your rainbow baby very soon. Big hugs.

There's a good chance we will have some me babies by the end of this month already, where has that time flown!

#113 opethmum

Posted 04 September 2018 - 03:54 PM

I am feeling exhausted and running after 3 kids it tough. My Dh is going to work from home more regularly to give me a break.

I am so sick of people saying  wow you're big, it is getting on my nerves, GAH!

Baby is getting so much more active and kicking me so much during the night. Arggh.

Just getting mental at this stage.

#114 B.M.C.M.I.E

Posted 06 September 2018 - 10:55 AM

opethmum - I've had about 6 comments this week alone about being "almost there". When I say I have 5 weeks to go, their faces say it all *sigh. I'm well aware I'm huge, I can feel it from my pelvis to my lungs!

Teddy - lovely to hear from you. I'm glad they're doing everything they can to prepare you for your next pregnancy.

35 weeks yesterday! Nesting had me ripping apart DD3&4's room yesterday to rearrange and deep clean, boy am I paying for it big time now. Feels like even a quick vacuum requires a 4 day recovery at the moment and I still have a 95% of my house to deep clean :rofl:

#115 Teddy17

Posted 06 September 2018 - 09:31 PM

Thank you BMCMIE, I was hoping I’d be able to still be in contact to see how you all were going. I’ll be having surgery in early October and hopefully we’ll be able to start trying again at the end of November/start of December.

I hope you’re able to rest a little bit, even though I’m sure you’re nesting and wanting to get things done.

I can only imagine how you and opethmum are sick of hearing people say it’s not long! Things do get very repetitive, I’ve been getting the questions constantly “how are you going?” And for the past 16 weeks I just haven’t known how to answer, people think we should be over it but we never will get over losing our little girl.

Stace- thanks for the update, please say congratulations to Binda. Hope she’s loving having a little boy in a house full of girls!

Good luck to all of you for the next 5 or so weeks and I’m looking forward to hearing all of your happy news.

#116 B.M.C.M.I.E

Posted 06 September 2018 - 11:11 PM

Teddy - I hope your TTC journey is short and sweet and you have a healthy babe in arms next year!

There's no time frame on grief and I know I wouldn't be "over it" a mere 16 weeks after such a loss. Take your time, focus on yourself and try not to let their comments get to you. People generally open their mouths before their brain connects.. I do hope you're as OK as you can be, just take it one day at a time xx

#117 mel16n

Posted 20 September 2018 - 06:21 PM

Have you guys set up a FB group to keep in contact?

#118 Teddy17

Posted 16 October 2018 - 05:23 PM

Hi everyone,
Just wondering if there have been any other babies born? I’d love to read an update!

Update on me-I had my surgery and found that there was nothing wrong and I don’t need anything done. They think it was an incompetent cervix which caused me to go into preterm labour. I feel like we’ve wasted months of time when we could have been trying again but at least I guess I know now that there’s nothing wrong with my uterus and didn’t cause our baby to be born early. We are also very ready for a new pregnancy now. 6 weeks left to go!

#119 stace_wa

Posted 17 October 2018 - 10:01 PM

Hi Teddy!
I'm so glad to hear everything is going well and you have some answers and a plan for next time. I hope your rainbow baby is just around the corner

#120 stace_wa

Posted 17 October 2018 - 10:03 PM

Ok, don't know what happened to the second part of my post...

I think we are up to over 10 babies now, all doing well.
My little guy is 2 weeks old today and is cluster feeding like crazy all after which is pretty draining. He's just gorgeous and we are all besotted, his big sister is loving her little brother too.

#121 Teddy17

Posted 22 October 2018 - 09:12 PM

Congratulations Stace! I’m sure he’s absolutely gorgeous! Please pass on my congratulations to the rest of the ladies as well. I’m so happy for you all.

#122 opethmum

Posted 25 October 2018 - 06:05 PM

I had my baby boy two weeks ago. Just getting in the hang of things. This is my last baby and the kids absolutely adore him and had their first play session with him this afternoon. It was so good to see.

Haven't showed him off extensively yet, feel like he is my little secret!

He sleeps ok for now. Just so glad he is here safe and sound.

#123 B.M.C.M.I.E

Posted 27 October 2018 - 03:43 PM

Congratulations opethmum

Our little guy is 5 weeks old today, I have no idea where that time has gone.

He feeds around the clock & I'm beyond exhausted at the moment but I'm sure it'll settle as he gets a bit older and a bit of a routine.

#124 opethmum

Posted 28 October 2018 - 02:10 PM

Me too, I am exhausted. Just missed church again for the second time when normally I am wanting to go.

Also my 8 year old has chicken pox so she has to stay away from me and baby and can't be in the same room as me or baby which sucks because she needs hugs right now and is not coping all that well with not getting mummy hugs when she needs them the most. I am on alert mode and constantly checking baby and my other kids on a twice daily basis. So my easy transition has been dashed and the notifications one has to make is huge.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.