• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#1 Sandra

Posted 26 February 2018 - 11:00 AM

New thread time ladies. link to last page of last thread:

http://www.essential...1/page__st__250

#2 stace_wa

Posted 26 February 2018 - 12:10 PM

Welcome JB. I think I remember your name from the OI threads I was in when ttc my DD and I followed them for a while after. Congratulations and I hope you have a cruisy 9 months this time.

#3 possum_wa

Posted 26 February 2018 - 01:45 PM

Welcome JB. FX all goes well.

#4 Little_o

Posted 26 February 2018 - 02:05 PM

Welcome JB

#5 Lunar love

Posted 26 February 2018 - 03:25 PM

Welcome to newbies :)

Has/is anyone here on progesterone support and getting spotting/off colour CM from cervical irritation? It's been 5 days of the faintest pink only when wiping bit strangely usually only after 2pm in the afternoon till bed. Called obgyn today just to let her know and ask if perhaps she wants me to change the erm... Entry point lol. So waiting on a call back from her this afternoon. Just curious if anyone else has/had the same thing. One week until first scan :)

#6 stace_wa

Posted 26 February 2018 - 03:38 PM

Hey lunarlove. I'm on progesterone pessaries, but no spotting here sorry. I'm a little irritated/sensitive from using them twice a day for over 5 weeks now, but nothing more than some occasional discomfort.

I hope all is well. Bring on scan day!

#7 opethmum

Posted 26 February 2018 - 05:02 PM

I am 6 weeks and found out that I was pregnant via ultrasound! I had a miscarriage in January and thought that my period dates were supposed to take a little while longer, we wanted to wait until I had a normal cycle and try again but it turned out I did not need too. I hope this one sticks, really nervous this time round.

#8 possum_wa

Posted 26 February 2018 - 05:48 PM

Lunar love
Hope all is well. I was on progesterone for first 2 weeks. No spotting though, just uncomfortable. Has your obgyn called back yet?

opethmum
Welcome!

#9 jb_85

Posted 26 February 2018 - 06:09 PM

I’m also on progesterone but haven’t had spotting, are you in a high dose? That might cause irritation to the cervix, I think you can try the alternate entry point, may end up being less messy, I was meant to ask my FS about this but totally forgot

#10 Lunar love

Posted 26 February 2018 - 06:29 PM

Thanks ladies. I'm not on very high dose I don't think. Only 1 x oripro 200 a day. Called obgyn at 8:30am and was waiting for a call back that never came :( should I just take tonight's via the other entry or do another day of vaginal. It's been 5 days of spotting now. So irritating (figuratively and literally lol).

#11 jhoath

Posted 26 February 2018 - 08:05 PM

Hi everyone! I’m just joining the group after getting a BFP last night and 2 more this morning 😊 DH and I went to my GP today and found out I’m at about 5 weeks and got referrals for a blood test and a urine test. No dating scan though ☹️
Looking forward to an uneventful 7-8 months with all of you!

#12 Little_o

Posted 26 February 2018 - 08:11 PM

Welcome jhoath!

Got my blood back everything looks good apart from by fasting blood sugar, it’s borderline over what it should be so I guess I’ll need to watch that. hCG levels were 6448 at just under 6 weeks. Is that good? The doctor didn’t seem concerned but I’ve never had my levels tested before lol!

#13 IamOzgirl

Posted 27 February 2018 - 12:24 PM

Welcome JB - nice to see you hear!

Lunar - I am on 2 x 200mg of pesseries. no irritation yet. Did you swap entries? LOL. I hope you FS has gotten back to you.

Little-o I actually have my results print out and it shows all the ranges 5 - 6 weeks is 500 - 10,00 and 6 - 7 weeks is 1,000 to 50,000

Seems like you are on the above average side for just under 6 weeks.

#14 Little_o

Posted 27 February 2018 - 12:46 PM

Thanks Ozgirl, google was giving varied answers. I just feel extra paranoid this time. Probably will breath slightly easier after the scan next week.

Trying to work out what the diet plan for GD is meant to be again because it’s been 6 years since I last had to worry about it! So annoying trying to manage morning sickness, what we can’t eat in pregnancy and now Possible GD!

#15 Lunar love

Posted 27 February 2018 - 12:48 PM

Welcome Jhoath! :) Happy and healthy 9 months to you.

Lol - no haven't swapped entries yet. I didn't want to do it without "permission" of sorts just in case. Called again this morning at about 9 and receptionist asked me the same questions... Any abdominal cramping... Bla bla bla. Like no... As I said... I'm 99% sure it's the damn Pessaries irritating my cervix as you told me it might... Asked CA. You just ask her if I can switch entry point and call me back? She doesn't even have to call me herself I don't care lol. No response yet....
Took a nap when my toddler did today for 1.5hrs and woke up so nauseated :( this is a week and a half earlier than it started with him so thinking maybe it is a girl bahahah. I've got maxalon ready to go for when it really hits all day every day but not looking forward to it at all.

How is everyone's else symptoms going? So many of us on progesterone too!

#16 opethmum

Posted 27 February 2018 - 02:26 PM

I am not on progesterone sticks never been on them by the Grace of God. Good luck and hang in there everyone!
Finally got myself sorted today and got my first ob appointment booked in. I am changing my ob after my 3rd child's birth was horrendous and I vowed never to go back and be treated like that again, so I made a promise to myself and boy I am delivering on that which is empowering.

This pregnancy I am being a little more assertive of what I want and getting what I need.

Just super thankful and exhausted, just feeling a little yuck and getting the kids from school was horrible and trying not to dry wretch in front of other mums was exhausting.

#17 Summer81

Posted 27 February 2018 - 05:16 PM

Good luck to all the October due ladies! I'm heading over to the Due in Nov group as I just sneak in due 2nd Nov... all the best :)

#18 zeldazonk

Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:01 PM

Ladies I am so stressed.

I was having severe cramping so my OB's midwife sent me off for an early scan yesterday to rule out an ectopic. My LMP put me at 5 weeks 6 days.

They did an internal scan and could see a gestational sack and a yolk sac, but no fetal pole or heartbeat. They said the measurements were consistent with my gestation and that I was probably just a couple of days too early for a heartbeat.

At lunch time today I went to the toilet and I noticed I have had some spotting.

I called the OB again and the midwife said I just need to wait now for my first appointment and to call again if I have get significant bleeding.

My first appointment is not for another 3 weeks! I am so anxious, I really don't know how I am going to last that long...

Has anyone here been through anything similar?

#19 Little_o

Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:59 PM

You poor thing zeldazonk! Sending you virtual hugs. I have no experience sorry but if they are thinking it’s too early for a heart beat hopefully that’s all it is. Have you had much more spotting?

#20 IamOzgirl

Posted 28 February 2018 - 04:36 PM

Zeldazonk, any chance your GP can refer you for another ultrasound in a week?

#21 zeldazonk

Posted 28 February 2018 - 05:36 PM

Thanks Little_o. I haven't had anymore spotting which is good.

OzgirlKK I have been thinking that I might see the GP and see if I can arrange another scan. I think DH thinks I am nuts though.

Morning sickness kicked in strong today, so right now I am just taking that as a hopeful sign.

#22 MakingHappiness

Posted 28 February 2018 - 06:26 PM

Zeldazonk, I had quite a substantial bleed with my youngest, and went for a scan at about the same time along as you, and they saw similar, and no heartbeat.  I was really upset at the time because of a miscarriage only months before, and was anxious when they advised a scan in two weeks.  They said at the time their reasoning for this was to be sure we could see a heartbeat... because if they sent me in a week and we couldn't see a heartbeat, it may not necessarily mean the pregnancy was not viable, just that the heartbeat was still slow to show - and that might cause further undue stress, if that makes sense.  Anyway, the follow up scan we saw the little heartbeat obviously, as I hope you will 🤗  hugs - it's such an anxious wait xx

#23 zeldazonk

Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:41 PM

Thank you so much MakingHappiness. Your story definitely gives me more hope.

I think you are right and I should wait a bit longer. It is just going to be a stressful wait. But I would rather be sure than go back too early.

Edited by zeldazonk, 28 February 2018 - 07:41 PM.

#24 Woofwoof

Posted 28 February 2018 - 08:17 PM

Zeldadonk hope ok! Fingers crossed for you

Welcome new people
Has my dating scan 2 days ago. One baby.
Starting to get a bit nauseous
Finding it hard to get the eating right
Eating much higher carb than usual, and then feeling sick
Wish I could eat my usual greek yoghurt, low carb high fat style of eating but its feeling too rich :(

Also feel really fat and disgusting, partly from the terrible eating and partly from being too tired to exercise

Anyone in the same boat?
Ive put on 3kg! Hoping its just fluid

Also am peeing all the time
Including waking up every night once or twice . This has never happened to me before and I’m surprised as I didn’t think the uterus was big enough yet to exert bladder pressure

Edited by Woofwoof, 28 February 2018 - 08:21 PM.

#25 possum_wa

Posted 28 February 2018 - 09:16 PM

Woofwoof
Definitely feeling slack and not up for any exercise. Also waking up at night (unusual for me) and having afternoon naps (even more unusual).

Kind of just feeling tired all the time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.