Skechers - tell me about them....

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 purpleduck

Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:38 PM

So I went into a Skechers shop the other day and tried a couple of pairs on....

:omg: sooooo comfy!!!!!!!

My sneakers are pretty much dead and I'm thinking of getting some Skechers just for everyday use eg school pick up etc, and they don't stand out as much as my white sneakers (ie I might look just a little more fashionable ;) )

Do you have a pair of Skechers? What are the good things about them and what are the not so good things about them?

And do they provide any actual support to your feet for daily use?

Thank you :)

#2 FuzzyChocolateToes

Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:41 PM

I have two pairs of GoWalks. I mainly wear them to work. They are very comfortable but I've found them a bit sweaty unfortunately. Something you can wear socks with might be better.

#3 Kreme

Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:43 PM

I bought some when we were in the US last year. So comfy! And cheap over there, I should have bought two pairs! I have the slip on sneaker ones. They are brilliant, I wear them all the time and they look a lot more stylish than my trainers.

I don’t have anything bad to say about them, will definitely buy another pair when they wear out.

Edited by Kreme, 14 February 2018 - 04:43 PM.

#4 Kay1

Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:43 PM

I have 2 pairs! I love them in winter, just slip on and go. They are super comfy. I can't do long walks in them, not supportive enough but I love them.

#5 MintyBiscuit

Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:47 PM

I have a couple of pairs of the go walks. I love them, incredibly comfy and good for short to medium walks. They can get a bit sweaty/smelly but they wash well, and when I was in the US and bought a pair I also bought a deodorising spray that works really well. I've had the lace up runners in the past and they were fantastic too

#6 purpleduck

Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:52 PM

Oh and they were so light in weight!!!!

Anyone have the leather ones? How do they fare?

ETA - And I assume the soles wear similar to regular sneakers?

Edited by purpleduck, 14 February 2018 - 04:55 PM.

#7 Caitlin Happymeal

Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:55 PM

I have more pairs than I care to divulge. Which probably gives you an indication of my opinion ;)

Super comfy. I have a work pair, the black leather kind, and whilst they scream "nurse!", they do the job. I do 12 hour shifts so I figure they must be ok if I'm not getting foot pain. I guess I would just caution you that you may need to be mindful of your arch if its particularly high - the memory foam doesn't really cut the mustard for that issue for a lot of people.

Otherwise, they are fun, comfy shoes.

#8 purpleduck

Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:01 PM

Nah, I have flat feet :D

#9 HRH Countrymel

Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:03 PM

I've got pretty small feet and have a pair of the kids sneakers.

Comfortable AND sparkly!  What more could you ask for?

I bought them from a lady who had bought them online for her child but they didn't fit.

From the price I paid I'm guessing she didn't pay the shop price!

#10 Oriental lily

Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:09 PM

They completely cured my plantar fasciitis!. So comfy . I wear them pretty much always . Different styles . All wear well .

I do think they are probably overpriced for  what they are . For that reason I never pay full price . Normally pay $70-80 when full price is $130 .

Loved the sketchers clearance shops in the USA and bought up when visiting in 2016!

Once again oz getting a raw deal .

#11 22Fruitmincepies

Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:13 PM

They are great for me. I’ve had a lot of knee surgery and ongoing issues, but since I’ve been wearing them I have very little pain.

The only issue is that due to the design of some of the soles, you can get nuts and stones stuck in them more easily.

#12 seayork2002

Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:26 PM

I do. Pull on black ones i liked them at first but now not as comfortable and i dont wear them that often really

#13 BadCat

Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:34 PM

It's literally the only shoe I own.  Love 'em.

#14 MintyBiscuit

Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:37 PM

Oh yeah, definitely don't pay full price. Plenty of online stores have them a lot cheaper, and the US is cheaper again. When we were over last year we bought  pair each for DH and I, socks for DH and the spray for the same price as one pair of mine retails here.

#15 ShelbyP

Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:41 PM

Terrible for flat feet and Achilles issues as no real support.

#16 IkeaAddict

Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:50 PM

I got a pair of lace up work style black leather skechers and LOVE them. They don't aggravate my dodgy ankle and I don't have sore feet at the end of the day when I am standing and walking. Got them online from catch of the day for half the regular price

#17 Louise_M

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:01 PM

I had a pair for a while and wore them a lot, but felt the springiness in the sole was lost very quickly (within a couple of weeks). Too quickly to warrant the price.

I would buy another pair if I found them at a sensible price ($60-70), but I replaced them for a pair of Crocs canvas shoes which do the same job and have lasted much, much longer, for a way better price.

#18 Thylacine

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:04 PM

I love my sketchers but I agree they can be overpriced. I bought a pair of the gratis memory foam sneakers with elastic laces last year and paid full price. They were the comfiest shoes I've ever owned and I was singing their praises to anyone who would listen. But less than 6 months on and they were relegated to backyard shoes only because the inside of the heel backs have worn away and are uncomfortable, and the soles are squished down one one side. I have a couple of other pairs now but I made sure I bought them on sale.

#19 StartledFlamingo

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:31 PM

They're very comfy but not good for long walks.

I found the sole wears much, much quicker than standard sneakers. I've had 3 pairs and found the same. And they get quite slippery in the wet after not too much wear. I haven't gone back to them for these reasons.

And the sizes aren't very consistent across the different types, which makes it harder to buy online.

#20 seayork2002

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:35 PM

View PostLouise_M, on 14 February 2018 - 06:01 PM, said:

I had a pair for a while and wore them a lot, but felt the springiness in the sole was lost very quickly (within a couple of weeks). Too quickly to warrant the price.

I would buy another pair if I found them at a sensible price ($60-70), but I replaced them for a pair of Crocs canvas shoes which do the same job and have lasted much, much longer, for a way better price.

Sorry OT but i am confused on the sizing for crocs i want a pair of canvas ones but am a size 9 normally (sometimes 8) can i ask what you get?

#21 Rowenas Necklace

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:40 PM

I have a pair like this, they are very comfortable for walking around but holy heck do they smell with regular wearing! Even with socks. I find my feet get quite hot in them sometimes too. Leather ones might be better as they could breathe more than the fabric.

#22 FuzzyChocolateToes

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:45 PM

View PostRowenas Necklace, on 14 February 2018 - 06:40 PM, said:

I have a pair like this, they are very comfortable for walking around but holy heck do they smell with regular wearing! Even with socks. I find my feet get quite hot in them sometimes too. Leather ones might be better as they could breathe more than the fabric.
I have these! Very comfy compared to other ballet flat style shoes but these are my stinkiest pair. I'm not game to wash this pair.  Have you tried to wash them?

#23 seayork2002

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:48 PM

View PostRowenas Necklace, on 14 February 2018 - 06:40 PM, said:

I have a pair to me that look similar from target for $29 i think from memory and i am surprised how comfortable and long lasting.

#24 MooGuru

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:56 PM

I'm onto my second pair of Go Walks (I think that's what they are).
The newer version have less give in them than the older ones so don't buy extra small like I did although they have stretched to perfection now. They do stretch a lot so buy smaller over larger size.

Wore my last pair nearly every day for 18+ months and this pair 3 months.  Never had an issue with smell, sole wearing out or loss of supporting springiness.

This new pair I've found the soles can be slippery on certain surfaces.

Plan to get another pair when these ones wear out. If possible I'd buy them on sale.

#25 rua

Posted 14 February 2018 - 07:08 PM

I've been wearing them for 20 years.

They have gotten more comfortable but not as pretty as they were when I was a teen.

I tend to get them when I'm abroad as they are very expensive here.

I have 4 pairs at the moment :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.