• Please log in to reply
2345 replies to this topic

#51 daisy007

Posted 04 February 2018 - 11:24 AM

I just ate a Bunnings sausage.

#52 Goldenash

Posted 04 February 2018 - 11:24 AM

1. Sunshine

2. I have new egg cups which are gorgeous and mean we now have enough egg cups to eat dinner together when we have eggy toast

3. I have a new craft project for my children which should entertain them for the better part of the afternoon.

4. I've decided to watch west wing again

#53 mayahlb

Posted 04 February 2018 - 11:49 AM

My kids are playing nice and quietly in their room

I have control of the TV! A rare thing indeed here. DH usually watches shows I can't stand and I read instead but it's nice to get a chance to watch the shows I've recorded on the box.

#54 Hands Up

Posted 04 February 2018 - 11:59 AM

We took the kids to the park this morning, and there was no whinging and no fighting. Just a really lovely family outing. We almost always have tears at some point so this was really refreshing!

#55 AxeTheMax

Posted 04 February 2018 - 12:35 PM

I was going to post in the vent thread but realised I needed this thread more

1. My husband - I am not in the best head space at the moment, and he completely understands and makes me smile

2. When I was getting frustrated about something, my middle son if I was ok, I told him I had lots of things on my mine. This includes my birthday party, where it seems people are changing their minds because of a better "offer". My son simply said is your family coming, which they are, he said well you have them and us with a big smile.

3. Even though I would love a temporary or permanent job, and seeing the person in my position from last year is really difficult. Being casual means no preparing class work and today I can relax!!!

Sorry for the long essays but it helped ☺️

#56 Tinkle Splashes

Posted 04 February 2018 - 12:40 PM

Banana pancakes with bacon, maple syrup and a dollop of mascarpone cheese for brunch.  OMG.

#57 BadCat

Posted 04 February 2018 - 12:58 PM

1. Chocolate sundae

2.  DC1 singing at the top of their lungs "If I can live through this... If I can live through this... If I can live through this.... I can do anything!"

3.  Singing right along with them.  Because I lived through it and I CAN do anything.  So there.

#58 eilca

Posted 04 February 2018 - 02:57 PM

My kids and husband are off to the cricket.

I am alone with the dogs.

#59 WTF*A*Lot

Posted 04 February 2018 - 03:41 PM

S&V chips
Candy cane iced tea
Liqui Moly car race

#60 notsoretro

Posted 04 February 2018 - 04:13 PM

View Postborn.a.girl, on 03 February 2018 - 02:17 PM, said:

I found a palatable way to use the kale which came in our veggie box during the week.
Was it Kale chips? Love those

#61 threeinnyc

Posted 05 February 2018 - 06:47 AM

DS and hubby are playing xbox, I'm on EB and sipping delicious hot chocolate made by my hubby :D

#62 IkeaAddict

Posted 05 February 2018 - 06:05 PM

Todays happiness.....

1. First day of 2 weeks annual leave. I got to read, do stuff around the house, not have the TV on constantly and not have DS incessantly chattering
2. Finally cleaned up "messy corner" near the dining table. Put a heap of stuff into bags for charity and tossed a lot of rubbish
3. Having a nice afternoon nanna nap with my dog cuddled up to me

#63 Ozquoll

Posted 05 February 2018 - 06:18 PM

Today was a very happy day indeed - DS is back at kindy and I got a few hours of alone time!! Bliss.
Possibly related to that, I had enough time to make pasta from scratch for the very first time. It turned out pretty good! Think in future DS will enjoy feeding the pasta through the rollers too. He probably won’t actually EAT the pasta, because my kid eats nothing, but at least he’ll have fun....

#64 livelifelovehappy

Posted 05 February 2018 - 07:04 PM

My baby LOVES going to school, she's in kinder. LOVES it, she is beaming. I'm so pleased for her.

#65 BadCat

Posted 05 February 2018 - 07:27 PM

The Boy. Went. To. School.

#66 mayahlb

Posted 05 February 2018 - 07:28 PM

Today was my day off. It was so nice. I also went for a lovely 2km swim before picking the kids up and doing the taxi driver run around.

#67 Renovators delight

Posted 05 February 2018 - 07:45 PM

I’m pleased that a lady on the internet’s son went to school!

Also I made myself use internet banking. Fist time since April last year. And I didn’t have a panic attack or anything. Go me.

#68 SkeptiHandsOnMum

Posted 06 February 2018 - 06:14 PM

This thread made me happy!

Also the fact that I was restrained enough not to like pretty much every post that I came across, to only then be disappointed that I ran out of likes.

"Real life" things? I sat up late last night working on DD's dud laptop (wiping and reinstalling), and it seemed to work well at school today.

The quiet ... children are at their father's, my house is so quiet that I can hear the birds outside.

The weather ... a temporary reprise, apparently, but it has been cooler, and I have slept so well (under the doona even!) for the last couple of nights.

I have not had a phone call from my GP. I had a pap smear last week, and had it in my head that she would phone to tell me to come in and talk about the results. No good reason. Just a thought that I could not throw.

Did I mention that I like this thread? Every night at the dinner table, my children (when they were much younger) and I would do "Favourite part of the day?", followed by "thing you are most grateful for". This thread reminds me of that.

#69 NannyPlum

Posted 06 February 2018 - 07:37 PM

Seeing the kids and the dog playing together. The dog is doing speedies around them and they are cracking up laughing over it.  

I have vanilla ice cream and mint ice magic waiting for me once they are in bed.

Getting more rsvps for ds1s birthday party,  he had complete control over the invites this year and had invited a bunch of kids who don't always get invited to parties. A very diverse group! I can't wait to see them all interacting!

#70 SkeptiHandsOnMum

Posted 06 February 2018 - 07:43 PM

View PostNannyPlum, on 06 February 2018 - 07:37 PM, said:

Seeing the kids and the dog playing together. The dog is doing speedies around them and they are cracking up laughing over it.  
This made me happy without even having to be there!

#71 **Xena**

Posted 06 February 2018 - 07:55 PM

I went outside for a couple of minutes whilst my toddler was laying on the couch and my baby was in his rocker in the corner of the Lounge. When I came back my toddler had moved the baby's rocker right in front of the couch so that she could see him whilst she was laying there :wub:

#72 NannyPlum

Posted 06 February 2018 - 07:55 PM

View PostSkeptiHandsOnMum, on 06 February 2018 - 07:43 PM, said:

This made me happy without even having to be there!

I think the dog is doggy laughing. He looks so happy!

I busted him and the 4.5yr old having a snuggle on the couch and I don't know who looked more guilty... The kid for letting the dog in or the dog for being on the couch (and he looked very comfortable laying on his back while getting belly rubs lol)

#73 Hands Up

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:13 PM

My children were kind to each other a few times today. They are getting better at sharing, at saying sorry, and also they look out for each other too. When they are not trying to kill each other that is. But I feel like our parenting efforts are getting somewhere now, and we aren't just parenting into a void.

Finally persuaded DS1 (who is 3.5!) that he doesn't need a sippy cup and can use a big boys cup (i.e. a normal cup). He is sooooo proud of himself. We went to kmart and picked out some brightly coloured cups to celebrate, along with a new "grown up" water bottle for daycare and out and about :-)

I found out that I've progressed to the next round of interviews for a job I really want. I'm also at second interview for another excellent job. After 3.5 years of having my career on the back burner, this might just be my year. Hopefully I haven't tempted fate by making that comment.....

#74 BadCat

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:22 PM

I had a crappy kind of day, so after dinner I decreed it to be DRIVE TIME.

We just piled into the car, cranked the tunes, put the windows down, and drove around bellowing our favourite songs for almost 2 hours.  All three of us.  And we all sang.  And nobody complained.

Made me happy.

#75 mayahlb

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:32 PM

Batcat that sounds awesome. Actually the best part of living out of town some days is that I can crank the stereo and sing along to music for 20 mins each way. Kids are used it now and even sing along at times...

Today I'm happy because I received an email at work asking me to do another information literacy session as last years students raved about how good the one they went to was. Was so nice to receive some positive feedback. Especially for something I do year in year out and wonder how much is actually sinking in when the students sit there with eyes glazed and thumbs twitching as if they want to get their phones out to play.

Also my new bank card arrived so I can buy a new book I've been waiting for for a while.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 1 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.