What’s making you happy today?

• Please log in to reply
2490 replies to this topic

#2251 Sancti-claws

Posted 28 May 2019 - 09:44 PM

View PostBadCat, on 28 May 2019 - 05:29 PM, said:

Jury duty summons.
Snap!!

Unfortunately it would be absolutely calamitous for our family coffers given I am casual and the sole income earner, so the judiciary system will have to do without me.

I want to be able to say yes one day - been called 4 times in the last 10 years.

#2252 Ozquoll

Posted 30 May 2019 - 08:29 PM

Darrell Lea Milk chocolate Liquorice block. Oh my! 😍

#2253 Wot*A*Lot*Of_____

Posted 31 May 2019 - 12:36 PM

DD14 was late home from school yesterday. She is normally pretty punctual, so I knew there had to be a good reason.
Apparently she was on her way home and noticed a boy she knows has special needs, kept running from the house out to the road. So she crossed over and started talking to him and guided him away from the road. He asked her her name and she told him.
She couldn’t see the mum and remembered the lady down the road who was in her driveway, knew them. So she got him to sit down while she ran down there, just in case something was really wrong. The lady had her grandson(about 2yrs) with her, so she left him with DD and ran down the road.
DD said the little boy then realised nan was gone and started crying so she was trying to calm him down when his dad came out and thanked her for watching him.
Then she came home. I just hope the boys mother was okay.
It made me happy, because she could have just kept walking and just hoped he would be okay. Instead she used her judgement and did what she thought was right.

Edited by WTF*A*Lot, 31 May 2019 - 12:37 PM.

#2254 Jennifaraway

Posted 31 May 2019 - 02:57 PM

Wow, how awesome of your daughter to do that!

DS6's year 1 teacher makes me so happy. She's been testing him more closely and is now working on getting him really tested and extended properly in some things like maths. And any help he needs in things he's lagging on (he has ADHD and probably ASD, and is super smart). She's the BEST :wub:

Warm and fuzzies from work praise is nice too. Don't get it all that often (I work from home part-time and most of the team is in other cities anyway). "This is great Jen. Really impressed. You have totally nailed the brief!" That's one for keeping!

#2255 Weavile

Posted 02 June 2019 - 07:56 PM

I'm watching a stream of The Cure performing at the Opera House last week. I was so annoyed when I didn't win the ballot to get tickets to one of the shows, but there really is something to be said for being able to watch a concert with proper audio mixing in your pjs and dressing gown without having to deal with crowds and public transport.

#2256 PrincessPeach

Posted 02 June 2019 - 08:02 PM

View PostOzquoll, on 30 May 2019 - 08:29 PM, said:

Darrell Lea Milk chocolate Liquorice block. Oh my!

I bought a block for my FIL for his birthday - he was genuinely more stoked about that than the soldiering iron he asked for.

As for my happy, we have a confirmation of a place for mr 3 at the community kindy for next year.

It's a beautiful kindergarten & im just stoked he got a place.

#2257 mayahlb

Posted 02 June 2019 - 09:28 PM

Mr I barely eat any food just went back for seconds of dinner (a quick easy version of Minestrone). Score on dinner being a hit and healthy.

#2258 redchick

Posted 06 June 2019 - 05:26 AM

The insane howling rain has stopped.

#2259 mayahlb

Posted 08 June 2019 - 05:33 PM

I found a new shampoo and conditioner that is Sulfate surfactant free (I’m highly sensitive to this ingredient and it normally results in scalp feeling like it’s on fire). Even better it was on special for $2.80 each vs the normally $14 OGX I buy.

Also awesome kids helped clean the house so it’s clean.

And the new battery for my Dyson stick arrived so my floors look great too with only 20mins of attention vs the sweep, then sweep, then mop and why the hell is there still dirt on the floor so sweep again. And where is all this cat hair coming from.

Edited by mayahlb, 08 June 2019 - 05:34 PM.

#2260 22Fruitmincepies

Posted 08 June 2019 - 06:44 PM

DD can follow LEGO instructions and put a set together by herself!

#2261 mayahlb

Posted 08 June 2019 - 09:11 PM

Just made the most delicious veg side/warm salad type thing. Steam potato and purple and white cauliflower then add some Dakar (lemon and thyme mix is what I used), a bit of butter and salt and crumble with feta.

#2262 NannyPlum

Posted 08 June 2019 - 09:29 PM

My new osteopath worked some witch doctor magic and I can breathe/walk/sit properly again.

DP has cooked an incredible roast dinner with red wine

I get to see my boys tomorrow! Missed them this week 🤗

#2263 notsoretro

Posted 10 June 2019 - 04:41 PM

My tradie son did a job and the lady made him cupcakes (he got paid too of course). Chocolate mud with a meringue type frosting and choc dipped strawberries on top, delish

#2264 lozoodle

Posted 10 June 2019 - 05:02 PM

The fact that there was no work today!

And dinner in the slow cooker is smelling pretty amazing

#2265 notsoretro

Posted 10 June 2019 - 07:28 PM

Bonus prizes, tradie son did another job for church family and came home with a mixed dozen of Krispy Kremes

#2266 mayahlb

Posted 11 June 2019 - 01:51 PM

My dyslexic kid who struggles heaps with reading picked a book that isn't pokemon/minecraft/dogman related and is reading it. An actual chapter book without the pictures that break up text and is closer to "where he should be" reading wise. (Reading guide on the inside says 10-12, online says 9-11. He's 10.)

#2267 Riotproof

Posted 11 June 2019 - 02:01 PM

Maya, you can’t say that without giving out the title.

#2268 *TikkaB* Tinseltop

Posted 11 June 2019 - 03:01 PM

I found a beautiful Alana Hill Jacket at the op shop today, it's a size too small for me but that means it will fit my DD beautifully (and make up for part of her birthday present I have misplaced).

#2269 mayahlb

Posted 11 June 2019 - 03:24 PM

View PostRiotproof, on 11 June 2019 - 02:01 PM, said:

Maya, you can’t say that without giving out the title.

It’s called The Doughnut fix. The younger kid actually borrowed it originally.

https://www.booktopi...ASABEgLsrfD_BwE

#2270 ~LemonMyrtle~

Posted 12 June 2019 - 04:35 PM

We bought a new bed, after months and months it finally got delivered. It’s really nice. So solid. I think our matress has a few years left in it now too. Can’t believe we put up with our old bed for so long, it was such an expensive piece of crap.

#2271 22Fruitmincepies

Posted 13 June 2019 - 08:59 PM

DH, without me saying a thing, organised my dad’s birthday present.

#2272 MooGuru

Posted 13 June 2019 - 09:59 PM

I really enjoyed the show Taboo.

DH organised a bit of a date day yesterday.

#2273 Sancti-claws

Posted 13 June 2019 - 10:45 PM

Child free night.

#2274 night_fury

Posted 14 June 2019 - 04:12 AM

I was listening to some of my favorite songs. I have a list which I play when I need a boost... So listening to those songs...

#2275 night_fury

Posted 14 June 2019 - 04:14 AM

I was listening to some of my favorite songs. I have a list which I play when I need a boost... So listening to those songs...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 1 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.