Due in September 2018 chat #1

• Please log in to reply
197 replies to this topic

#26 Lil_Schnitz

Posted 02 January 2018 - 07:07 AM

Welcome Rowd :)

I'm so sorry to hear about your little girl. How heartbreaking :(

Will you have her for long? I know it must be very hard to let yourself get excited about your positive result, but a new pregnancy is a new chance. Here's hoping for a healthy, trouble-free one for you and your fella. I think you have found a good little support group here to ease your worries and help you enjoy this new journey.

Yesterday at the beach was perfect. I've been craving seafood and dairy like crazy so far, so I enjoyed a pasta marinara that my fella's mum made on their boat and we walked to the foreshore to get an ice-cream. Best start to 2018!

Anyone else having any cravings for particular foods?

Today it's back to normal and I'm in charge of cleaning the garage out. When we moved in a few months back everything just ended up in there, all higgledy-piggledy.

I'm calling the clinic today to follow up the blood results they left a message about on Saturday. Hoping it's all okay and things are looking healthy all around.

newlywed, did you do the bay run in the end? What an awesome way to start your year. Can't say I'm a Will & Grace fan, though ;)

Babybun, I would have totally had my head in a book at the 20/20! Zzzzzz.... But Rottnest Island sounds great, enjoy today and try to forget your aching feet!

GuidanceNeeded, has your bleeding settled down yet?

RhiRhi, how are you doing? Any better with the discomfort?

#27 newlywedandready

Posted 02 January 2018 - 07:39 AM

Haha no I didn't end up running the bay. But my dog and I went for a few walks to the park by the end of our street and then I went for a lovely swim at the pool. :)

Ended up being a great day.

#28 rowd

Posted 02 January 2018 - 08:38 AM

Oops sorry DP

Edited by rowd, 02 January 2018 - 08:39 AM.

#29 rowd

Posted 02 January 2018 - 08:44 AM

Thanks lil_schnitz. We don't really know. She has had a lot of touch and go moments. We hope we might have another year or two. Our greatest dream ever since she was born was for her to meet a sibling, so it is an exciting chance.

I hope you get good news from the clinic today - keep us updated.

#30 newlywedandready

Posted 02 January 2018 - 01:10 PM

How is everyone's boobs? Mine have been sore - but they are starting to get less sore which makes me worried...

#31 GuidanceNeeded

Posted 02 January 2018 - 01:35 PM

Sore aching boobs here and cravings for everything and anything salty.
Not necessarily deep fried salty but a heavily salted steak would do the trick!!
Bleeding comes and goes still I wake up or go to bed with a little red blood each day but it clears/passes and if I’m not heading into town safe enough to go without a liner so not heavy but seems to be when I wipe I always get emotional.
Tomorrow (Wednesday) we are going for bloods and then a scan and GP in the afternoon so feeling anxious.  
How dearly I want to hear our placement is corrected enough to continue safely and that we see a heart beat, I’m so scared that we will see a heartbeat but not be able to continue due to placement.  I am not heavily religious but I have been praying so much that if it’s not ment to be then I will have passed and not need medication to do so.
Time will tell, Like I keep telling myself one day at a time.
Best of luck to you all with your results!!

#32 newlywedandready

Posted 02 January 2018 - 02:25 PM

Good luck Guidance Needed. My thoughts are with you tomorrow.

Let us know how you go!

xx

#33 Lil_Schnitz

Posted 02 January 2018 - 08:32 PM

Oh rowd, I have no words. But what a beautiful gift to let her meet a little brother or sister. I pray and hope that it works that way for you and that you all have time to make plenty of happy memories together. :hugs:

My boobs get a bit achy and tender overnight newlywed, but it's nothing significant and it seems to disappear as soon as I'm vertical. I'm also definitely feeling better than I was last week, but that might be because it looks like I was fighting off some kind of virus.

I was working myself up, wondering if maybe my levels were dropping off because I've started to feel pretty normal, but I'm still emotionally all over the shop and dead tired. My fella commented on the dark rings around my eyes. He said I don't ever get them. I slept for an hour this arvo and I am ready for bed again.

I saw my GP today and everything looks good! huge relief. She said my hormone levels look fine and she was happy with my micros. The receptionist got her wires crossed about me needing to follow up the results, but I was happy for the extra appointment. I was so nervous at the initial confirmation appointment that I forgot to give my GP a few important bits of medical history info.

She commented that my platelets were a bit below the lowest end of the healthy range and she asked if I had noticed any bruising recently, which I had. She'll need to monitor my levels, but she's hopeful that I was just fighting a bug at the time and it'll resolve itself. I have a feeling it's linked to the arthritis I've suffered from ever since I contracted Ross River virus in 2015 (which of course I forgot to tell her about).

I'm getting more bloods when I do my scan on the 15th. Although it might be the 12th now because my fella has to travel interstate to assist in a business handover thingy in mid Jan.  

I have so been looking forwards to watching my TV show on Netflix every night for the last week, but I'm always ready to fall asleep in my dinner. Looks like tonight is going to be another of those nights... :sleep:

Hope all goes well tomorrow GuidanceNeeded. I'll say a little prayer for you tonight before I go to sleep.

#34 newlywedandready

Posted 03 January 2018 - 07:37 AM

Lil_Schnitz, I'm glad I'm not the only worried that I'm starting to feel better! My boobs are sore but not as sore as they used to be. But other than that and exhaustion, I'm pretty much symptom-free as I walk w5d1!

I am VERY tired though. I was working from home yesterday and I fell asleep on the couch at 2pm and didn't wake up for a whole hour! I was in bed asleep by 8.30pm as well. I am waking up throughout the night to pee. 10pm, 3am and 5.30am.

Because I'm waking up so early, I am trying to get into the good habit of walking my dog in the morning. We went for a walk at 6am this morning and it was lovely. I normally go to the gym to do weights a few times a week - but I know once I get to 6/7 months I might not be able to do that anymore, so I'm trying to get into a better habit with my dog so that I walk everyday throughout my pregnancy. We live right by a park which my dog plays in everyday so it's easy to get complacent and not also take her walking - but I want to get into good habits early!

What is everyone else doing for exercise?

Also - what are your thoughts on caffeine intake? My doctor said that one cup a day is OK? :)

Edited by newlywedandready, 03 January 2018 - 07:57 AM.

#35 rowd

Posted 03 January 2018 - 09:35 AM

I had really sore boobs last time around, but nothing so far. I wonder if it's because I didn't stop producing milk until fairly recently.

Great news lil_schnitz about your appt.

When is everyone's first scan? And I know it's super early but is anyone hoping for or feeling a particular gender?

I am pretty hopeless with exercise to be honest but do try to take our puppy out each day. It's not easy for me to take our little girl out on my own as she has a lot of medical equipment, but when my husband is home we try to get out and about.

Edited by rowd, 03 January 2018 - 09:38 AM.

#36 newlywedandready

Posted 03 January 2018 - 09:49 AM

I'm waiting on my referral but hoping to book my six-week scan for next Friday.

Which will be 6 weeks and 3 days. :)

I have a feeling that it's a girl.

What about you Rowd?

#37 rowd

Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:35 AM

Ohh how exciting, that's not far off at all.

I don't have a feeling either way, but I'm hoping for a girl (secretly).

#38 Babybun

Posted 03 January 2018 - 02:08 PM

I'm 5w2d today based on lmp - but I have a feeling I'm only 4w2d based on bbt/O. Haven't had a dating scan yet which I'm anxious to get but my midwife has said to wait until 7-8 weeks.

I'm getting reflux after I eat which is really unpleasant, and I'm occasionally feeling a bit off/sick after I eat as well but that usually subsides after a while. I'm waking at all hours multiple times a night as well, around 11pm, 3am, 5am etc. to go to the bathroom which is really annoying. My boobs were sore for a few days but not so much now. I've also worried about this but I'm wondering what's going on in general as I didn't think anyone really got symptoms at only 4 weeks?

I don't have a feeling on boy or girl yet. I don't think we'll find out so I'm trying not to have either in my head as a preference so I'm not disappointed at any point.

#39 Lil_Schnitz

Posted 03 January 2018 - 02:30 PM

Thanks rowd, yeah it was a huge weight off when the doctor said I could relax.

newlywed, you could have described my waking/sleeping patterns to a tee. Some mornings I stay awake and either sleep again for an hour in the morning or carry on through. I have been needing more and more daytime naps now - especially after lunch. My appetite is good, but eating definitely seems to be hard on the system - I get really hot and sweaty and a wave of instant fatigue after lunch and dinner. We should be counting our blessings that we're in our 1st trimester through summer and 3rd through winter and not the other way around! I am overheating constantly since I got pregnant.

Our scan is on the 15th, rowd. My partner will be away, but he's working everyday up until he leaves, so I guess he'll get a text of the scan like the rest of the family!

Do you have a better chance of conceiving a girl than a boy according to stats? I thought so for some reason. If so, that's luck for you both!

We're hoping for a boy. Of course healthy happy baby is the most important thing, but yep we have the blue paint ready, so to speak. I hope that our radiologist will be one who's happy to give us the gender as soon as she can. I've heard some can play it frustratingly safe.

I walk a few kms and practice gentle yoga most days. I haven't lifted weights in more than a year. More recently and up until I found out I was pregnant I was doing HIIT at least a few times a week, but that's dropped off. I barely had the energy or inclination before and now I definitely don't. Running the property can be pretty physical at times - moving the cows and rogue calves/bulls, gardening and keeping the grass down (we're in sub-tropical QLD), plus the seemingly endless housework that comes with living with a man who was looked after too well for too long by his mum. But I'm not complaining because mama's boys are just the sweetest. ;)

We would so love a dog, newlywed! We have been agonising over when to get one and what breed. We had a sweet little bitser called Pickles, but we had to put him down at 10 months because he'd contracted parvo before we rescued him and it had destroyed his digestive system. We want a family dog, but there are mostly pigging dogs and workings dogs around here. What kind of dog do you have? Walking the dog first thing as the birds wake up in the valley... bliss!

#40 newlywedandready

Posted 03 January 2018 - 03:23 PM

Argh! I'm so excited! I just booked my first ultrasound for the 16th Jan! I will be 7 weeks.

I'm so excited though the waiting to get to that date will feel like forever!

We have a toy cavoodle. She is the best but very silly. Super affectionate though. Has a great energy. Hoping she gets along well with our future bub!

#41 Lil_Schnitz

Posted 03 January 2018 - 07:50 PM

That's super exciting newlywed - you should be able to expect a solid heartbeat recording by then. I hope everyone here gets to see a healthy little heartbeat when their time comes around, too.

Cavoodles are sweet dogs. My fella's parents have a Schnoodle. Miniature poodle mixes are great little companions. We're looking at getting an Irish Terrier, but there aren't many breeders around and we have to work out the timing now around the pregnancy.

Oh and I was drinking a couple of cups of coffee a day before I knew, but I'm drinking decaf now. That's more to do with blood pressure (mine's okay so far but my mum had pre-eclampsia) and also that I don't need stimulants now that I'm completely of my psych meds. I wouldn't think twice about a daily cuppa if it was part of my normal diet pre-pregnancy and the doc gave the thumbs up.

That said, I had a headache for a couple of days, but now I really don't miss it. So if you're thinking of giving it up, it's not so bad.

GuidanceNeeded, I've been thinking of you today. I hope that you had positive results with the bloods and scan. We're here to listen if they weren't as promising as you'd hoped, too. I'm not a super duper religious type either, but I'm still praying for you :pray:

#42 GuidanceNeeded

Posted 03 January 2018 - 08:50 PM

Hi ladies
Thank you for your thoughts I had my bloods done this morning, and at 15,500 up from Friday in the 5thousands  the GP was happy.
I got my first round of morning sickness today vommitting a few times following my Vegemite toast once I tried to brush my teeth - that made the GP even more Happy.
As for the scan the radiographer/sonographer (not sure the difference) didn’t utter a single word, no screens visible to my partner or I so that made me mega anxious but the GP said I was sizing ok given the images and report but couldn’t detect a heart beat as it’s still early days so she is repeating my bloods and ultrasound again in 1 week and I requested an alternate radiographer/sonographer when I made the booking.
Most interesting she said was that there was no comment on the ultrasound rePort about the positioning and that it is still CSP (Ceasar Scar Pregnancy) so maybe it has moved slightly or a little ill detected last Wednesday at my first scan.  Either way I am still having bleeding, it’s mild but daily so still in miscarriage risk and watch.
I also made contact with a private midwife who I am going to have my initial meet with next week, I am excited to go this path.
(Not sure if I explained or not my first pregnancy I fell in catchment for Royal Brisbane Woman’s Hospital and felt so well looked after, timely appointments and just genuinely happy with my care. Second pregnancy I did not fall in the catchment had a terrible experience until I told my GP I was not returning to said hospital who wrote a request and was approved to reattend the royal again. This time around the royal even with a special approval is too hard for me to attend so I have accepted I will utilise a local hospital but under the care of my own midwife.)

#43 rowd

Posted 04 January 2018 - 06:40 AM

I love it when scan times come around for everyone! It's such a milestone. And it's nice to get a real due date. I think I will go in around 7 weeks for mine. As I had so many complications with my first pregnancy I will have the option of extra scans. We will also be offered an amnio/cvs, but we are undecided yet if we will take it.

What is everyone planning in the way of testing?

#44 Lil_Schnitz

Posted 04 January 2018 - 09:35 AM

So happy to hear that you got some encouraging results, GuidanceNeeded. Hopefully they were wrong in the first instance and no comments on this scan are a sign that there's nothing worrisome about the placement.

I went into the local hospital yesterday with the fella and took a walk around the maternity ward. Our hospital is small; there are only 2 birthing suites and a handful of rooms for women's health and perinatal care.

It was so quiet! One woman and her newborn were in care, and there were a few women with bumps in the small waiting area, but it was calm and empty. The nurse said it's pretty slow there and I'll definitely get a lot of personalised attention if I choose to give birth there. A new hospital has opened up on the Sunshine Coast and the nurse said that many local mums opt to do the drive because they are well equipped to deal with complicated pregnancies. The nurse said most are diet and lifestyle related - there's a high proportion of heavy people up here and smoking/drinking/poor diets are normal.

I'm in good health luckily, so I think I'll be happy to take my chances. They have a midwife led group practice and I'm thinking about signing up. But I already really like my GP and think she'll be a positive influence through my pregnancy, so I'm also thinking about shared care between my GP and the hospital if she offers it.

What kind of care options are you all thinking about at this early stage?

#45 Babybun

Posted 04 January 2018 - 05:21 PM

So exciting having the first scan!! Can't wait to get mine in a week or so just before "7 weeks". I still have to book it in though. I'd love to see pics of everyones scans.

I've opted for midwife care based at my local public hospital. My Best friend and sister both birthed in the last 3 months there and had no complaints. I'm booked in with the same midwife that my friend had, she trusts her and therefore I already feel like I trust her. We have private health insurance so even though we've opted for the public system with publicly funded midwife of my choice, we're using our private health for a private room after the birth. However all going well, we'll go home at the 6 hour mark. We also plan to have a week or so without visitors. Seeing my friend and sisters bubs between birth and 2-3 weeks, tells me in terms of visitors, there's really no difference in meeting the baby at birth or 2 weeks. So we're goibg you enjoy sone time together first.

My first preference was to birth at home in a birthing pool and midwife (but private midwives here are $6000 plus so I'm willing to look at alternatives). Dh is concerned with that option anyway in case I need special care (although there's no reason to think I will). We've compromised on the birthing pool at the hospital, provided one will fit in the birthing suite. I really hope it will as I have my heart set on a pool, not a tiny bath.

Other than that, I've been looking at nursery furniture to get me through the waiting period before a scan. I took another hpt 4 days after the first as well and it was much darker. I'm going to take another, 6 days after the second one (which will be the dpo that I miscarried last time) and hopefully it will be dsrker again and as dark as the control line you ease my mind.  

Loving having this forum abd you ladies to talk with! xo

#46 newlywedandready

Posted 05 January 2018 - 06:21 AM

I'm not sure what I'm going to do for care options yet. I had a standing meeting with my obgyn today to chat about my endo so I'm going to talk to him about what he thinks is best to do. We have private health insurance but I'm thinking of going through the public system because I like RPA.

Today is a big milestone for me, as when I had my EP I was 5w3d and that's what I am today. So I'm feeling pretty good. But the wait until the first scan is torture!

#47 Babybun

Posted 05 January 2018 - 07:22 AM

Newlywed, Congratulations on the milestone!! My big milestone is on Monday and I'm looking forward to passing it ☺
Is the 7 weeks you'll be at your first scan based on the first day of you last cycle? Just curious if your ob is using 'lmp' or 'estimated ovulation' as a guide before your dating scan.

Edited by Babybun, 05 January 2018 - 07:23 AM.

#48 newlywedandready

Posted 05 January 2018 - 08:16 AM

Thanks Babybun. It feels good to have just made it this far.

My 7 week scan is based on my LMP. I actually changed it from 6w4d because the receptionist at the ultrasound place recommended it.

I had some weird cramping yesterday which was annoying because it made me worried. But I was chatting to my friend yesterday who also had an ectopic and is now 6 week preggo and she said she is having similar cramping around the similar place which is probably due to scar tissue stretching.

Looking forward to seeing my OBGYN today. I've seen my doctor and she was OK, but I would prefer to have someone to give me more guidance about my specific situation.

Interestingly, I was reading this article about this model who didn't have much of a bump, because she has a tilted uterus and endo on her uterosacral ligaments. Which is EXACTLY what I have! So I'm wondering if I will not have much of a bump either! https://www.mamamia....-tilted-uterus/

Have a wonderful day everyone! xx

#49 rowd

Posted 05 January 2018 - 12:20 PM

Thats interesting newlywed, maybe you'll have a super compact little bump! Let us know how you get on with your OBGYN.

I had my first dr appt today, and have been nervously awaiting my first beta results. Just heard that my level is 270 at 15dpo so I'm happy with that.

I live in NZ, so the vast majority of people have midwife led care. I'm going to see the same midwife as I did with my first pregnancy, but I'm hoping to birth at one of the local birthing centres, rather than hospital.

#50 Lil_Schnitz

Posted 05 January 2018 - 04:01 PM

That looks like such a sweet little bump! Does the pressure of it growing back into the body cause any pain? I suspect if I'm like my mum and sister, I'll get huge.

I'm happy that your EP date is passing uneventfully, newlywed. I had really uncomfortable cramps all night on Wednesday night. Like you, I was fretting that something was wrong, but the next morning I was fine. I won't know until the scan if it has something to do with endometriosis, but I'm going to assume everything is fine unless proven otherwise. My mum said that she had similar cramps and she had 3 relatively normal pregnancies. It might just be another one of those scary new sensations that some women have and some don't. The more I learn, the more it really seems that no two pregnancies are alike in their development and symptoms. It's hard but I guess we have to trust our own instincts.

I don't have any early milestones to get past, but I'll breathe easier after week 15. I terminated a pregnancy at 15 weeks when I was 17, so passing that stage will be pretty huge for me. I didn't know until I was 13 weeks along - a whole lot of naivety and denial - and my parents made the decision for me, so it all happened very suddenly. The guilt I've lived with has meant that I always thought I wouldn't be able to have kids again ...as punishment, I guess? I know things don't work that way now, but it's something that I can't shake.

I'm learning to relax and surrender to the experience. I'm starting to accept that no amount of reading and fretting will help me to control the outcome of this pregnancy. I know it will be a very long 9 months if I agonise each day of the journey.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.