• Please log in to reply
196 replies to this topic

#1 Sandra

Posted 20 December 2017 - 09:57 AM

Good Morning ladies

New thread time for you all  :)

#2 greenapples

Posted 20 December 2017 - 08:02 PM

Tina1708, I remember feeling anxious also about the close age gap when I was pregnant with our second. Particularly so as I had suffered with PND after our first.
However when our daughter came along it was almost like she was the medicine I needed - she calmed any anxieties I had. Sure, it was challenging at times having them both so young, but it was honestly the best at times also. My son was too little to feel jealous, and he just adjusted instantly. It’s also taught him to be very patient, and they are now incredibly close and such dear friends. I’d redo the close age gap again if given the chance. 😄

#3 Mindful

Posted 21 December 2017 - 03:26 AM

Congratulations on those that have had scans!

I'm 27 and first pregnancy. I'm from regional Victoria, but currently living overseas.

Feeling awful since 6w. All day nausea, have started vomiting in the mornings after toast. Nothing to compare it to, but my sister has 3 children and had severe nausea and vomiting until 16w. FX'd my nausea isn't as crippling. Cramps have stopped which has settled my anxiety somewhat. Dating scan in 4 days! Yay!

Anyone having similar symptoms as your sister's?

#4 Impervious Curtsey

Posted 21 December 2017 - 12:29 PM

Had a dating scan yesterday, measuring 6 weeks, EDD 15th August. Good clear heart beat with heart rate 124.

I didn't mention in my earlier post - I'm in Adelaide. I don't have a sister to compare symptoms to, Mindful, but so far my symptoms for this pregnancy are the same as they were for my first!

#5 BellBaby

Posted 21 December 2017 - 02:17 PM

Glad things are going well impervious!

I don’t have any sisters.

I’ve had a strange day...woke up not nauseous (the afternoon felt the same as yesterday though). Also I slept through the night for the first time in ages as I didn’t get up to pee! So I’ve been quite on edge. I’ve got an already scheduled scan tomorrow but it’s been a bit of a discouraging day. I also feel super run down with a virus or something.

Edited by BellBaby, 21 December 2017 - 02:17 PM.

#6 Tina1708

Posted 21 December 2017 - 05:24 PM

Try not to worry, BellBaby. I had those days in my last pregnancy where I wouldn’t have the all day nausea I’d usually constantly have. It worries me too. But it always came back. Good luck with your scan tomorrow; I have everything crossed that it’s good news :) my scan is tomorrow too and I’m also unwell with a throat infection. Not a fun week!

Impervious- awesome news!!

Mindful- I have a half sister but she pretty much had no morning sickness during her pregnancy. Lucky her! I had it until about 6 or so months.

Greenapples- I’m so glad your experience with a small age gap was so positive :) I have everything crossed that they’ll be the best of friends.

#7 travel2018

Posted 21 December 2017 - 06:58 PM

All the best to those of you having your scans tomorrow!

My 2 rounds of HCG came back all good so that’s a relief. I was 230 on 4th December, 23,300 on the 18 dec and 36,200 on the 21st December.

Someone seems to have flipped the nausea switch for me and i’ve gone from nothing to 3 tough mornings - luckily it’s just the morning for now though!

One more day of work until Christmas break! Yippee

#8 Minxybug

Posted 22 December 2017 - 05:44 AM

Hello to all. Gently stepping in here. Due August 29th 2018. I have a long complex obstetric history. In a nutshell this is pregnancy number 10. I have 4 living children and 5 losses, 3 of those since October last year. Hoping that
this baby stays to be greeted in our arms and not held within our hearts.

#9 BellBaby

Posted 22 December 2017 - 03:04 PM

Welcome minxy!

So I drove 40 mins to town today for my scan only to discover I’d accidentally booked into a clinic 2.5 hours away...ugh. So I called my midwife bawling and told her about my recent worries so she arranged for an appt in the afternoon by mentioning a worry of miscarriage... so I got in last slot before closing for the holidays. There was a heartbeat and EDD is 11/8/18! I was so surprised everything is fine! In all the craziness of my DD in the room I forgot to ask what the heart rate was..

#10 Tina1708

Posted 22 December 2017 - 06:22 PM

Oh BellBaby, how stressful!! Glad they squeezed you in before the holiday break and glad to hear all is well 😊 I wouldn’t stress about the heart rate; I’m sure she would’ve told you if it wasn’t within a normal range??

AFM, I had my ultrasound this arvo too. Measuring 6W4D (one day behind) with a heart rate of 117bpm. Still in absolute shock that this is happening. It took 5 miscarriages to get our son and now another pregnancy with no miscarriages in between is just really unbelievable...

#11 33&1stTimer

Posted 23 December 2017 - 07:06 AM

Great news BellBaby!
I can’t wait until Thursday to have my first scan.
I had my work Xmas Party last night. I stuck to the mock tails. And one of my coworkers guessed. I’m hoping she will keep her mouth shut. I’m sure all the others we’ll be thinking the same. It’s tough because they all know about my ectopic so it won’t be a surprise to them at all. Will tell my family tomorrow on Mums birthday and DF’s family on Xmas day.

#12 ABanana93

Posted 23 December 2017 - 04:20 PM

Hi everyone! Good to see you are all doing well!
This week has been a very long one, working on my feet everyday with crazyy clients made me so exhausted. But I'm on two weeks holidays now so I'm feeling much better
Boobs are still so incredibly sore and I'm feeling tired and sluggish all day with still some slight cramping. I'm struggling with the 'no drinking' thing atm. Cause we have so many events and I've been driving has people asking questions. I'm a drink everyday day type of person (just one usually) it's still feeling very surreal and odd. Looking forward to Christmas day, all our immediate family will find out, it's extra nice that both sides including DH parents who are divorced will be there. We've made up some cute little gifts for the grandparents and great grandparents so hopefully they will love it. I am nervous that we will be telling them so early but I won't be able to keep it to myself for much longer. Fx that the morning sickness dosnt come on to strong but I'm not getting hopes up haha  
Hope you all have a merry Christmas

Oh and my estimated Due date is the 27th :)

Edited by ABanana93, 23 December 2017 - 10:15 PM.

#13 EXU

Posted 24 December 2017 - 06:36 AM

Hi everyone

Haven't popped in much, had one heck of a week. I told one SIL (who I thought had grown up a little and was trustworthy, but obviously was wrong) who told another SIL who right on cue proceeded to text me a horrible, nasty message about the baby. My husband has 5 sisters whom he has no contact with, I had this one on FB, but it seems in his family leopards don't change their spots.

Usually would be more resilient to this kind of thing, but I had an ultrasound on Monday because I had spotting and sharp pains, so was quite emotional. No idea what the cause was as baby was perfect, in a good spot, heart beating away, growing well.

Work has been crazy, Friday was the only day I got home before 8pm.

One of the above mentioned SILs knows I come here and is likely to start stalking me, as she has done so in the past, so I probably wont post much,

#14 Demera

Posted 24 December 2017 - 09:30 AM

That  really stinks EXU. I'm sorry you can't trust people around you.  

I've been struggling so much with fatigue.  Last pregnancy I was the same, but I could come home from work and rest on the couch for most of the evening.  This time, it's harvest, so I barely see my husband and I have an 8 month old to look after while working full time. I just can't rest, and I'm beyond tired. I coped much better after she was born as all the hormones and adrenaline keep you going, and being at home all day meant at least I was resting.

Thankfully this time my morning sickness is milder, but it gets worse when I'm tired.   If I can just get enough sleep I feel so much better!

#15 BellBaby

Posted 24 December 2017 - 03:35 PM

EXU I am so so so sorry that is happening. Maybe change your name/story a bit. That is such a shame.

We told most of my in-laws yesterday, 14m DD wore a Tshirt that said "Promoted to Big Sister 2018" and we waited for people to notice.

I'm absolutely in the thick of things starting today. I've thrown up 3 times and my poor daughter gets so upset when she hears me gag and run to the toilet...thankfully DH is home for 2 more days to hopefully help her adjust. I cannot handle food in general. Ice cold water is remotely acceptable. Also nectarines and green apples. I thought the fatigue would be easier since I'm not working but chasing after, and entertaining, a little one is so much harder (also earlier mornings as a result). She's really been testing me the last couple of days.

#16 nasty buddha

Posted 24 December 2017 - 06:22 PM

Hi all. I'm  apparently  due in August but might need to wait til dating scan.

I made a few appearances in the TTC monthly posts earlier on. We have been TTC number 2 since my periods returned after baby 1. I have PCOS so am not used to even having periods. Baby 1 was a lettozole baby.

Surprisingly I started  getting naseous in the past week and have been on holidays. I took a test when I got back to find BFP confirmed by my GP.

My last period puts my due date in Aug and being 5 weeks pregnant but apparently my GP said to do an ultrasound  ASAP as my HCG is putting me at 8 weeks or multiples.

The morning sickness  is getting worse.  It is harder with having to look after a toddler  (and cook for christmas hehe).

#17 Minxybug

Posted 25 December 2017 - 03:48 AM

Still here. It is reassuring to see symptoms others are having. It is hard when early pregnancy symptoms are similar to early miscarriage symptoms. I am just thankful for each day I get through still pregnant. 4 weeks 4 days. 9 days till scan. Ready for Christmas here. Living in Wales Uk so it starts late compared to East Australia.

#18 BabyGrape

Posted 25 December 2017 - 06:06 PM

is anyone super emotional? We weren’t meant to tell DH’s family until 12 weeks due to our history but i burst into tears when we got a lovely xmas present from my FIL and we just had to tell them as i looked crazy.
the nausea is all gone, yay! But i’m still so tired! 8.5 weeks today. the 10 week scan can’t come quick enough

#19 Minxybug

Posted 25 December 2017 - 07:31 PM

Yes can be easy to crack up at times x

#20 Lexi85

Posted 26 December 2017 - 03:28 PM

Hi Everyone,

I'm tentatively hopping on here. I had a BFP a couple of days before Christmas. I haven't been to the doctor yet but based on LMP my due date would be 28th-ish of August.

I'm not booked in to see my GP until 4th Jan (it was hard to get in with the Christmas break!) so it's a long wait to get a confirmation blood test. This is my first pregnancy so I'm trying to figure things out as I go along.

#21 nasty buddha

Posted 26 December 2017 - 03:36 PM

Hi Lexi85... yes the silly season makes it hard to get all the tests done. I need an ultrasound done asap but need to wait til everything opens tomorrow. I wonder what my chances are of getting one this year.

#22 Argentum

Posted 26 December 2017 - 05:12 PM

Glad to see everyone is progressing well. Welcome to those who have joined since I last posted.

Nasty budda- I hope you manage to get in soon. I would mention that your doc wants you to get a scan asap as they may then be able to squeeze you in.

My symptoms are still just being very, very tired. I have already had 4 naps today. So glad I’m on holidays.

Not drinking at gatherings is not an issue for me as a rarely drink anyway.

7 weeks today and I have my first scan in 2 days. Just want to see that heart beat to know all is well :)

#23 33&1stTimer

Posted 26 December 2017 - 05:29 PM

Argentum I have my first scan on Thursday too. I’ll be smack on 6w. I had an ectopic in March so they want me to have a scan very early in.

#24 Argentum

Posted 26 December 2017 - 05:40 PM

33&1stTimer all the best for your scan on Thursday

#25 RhiRhiTTC

Posted 26 December 2017 - 07:09 PM

Hi everyone,

Jumping over from TTC December.

I got my BFP on Xmas day with a FR. I also did a few IC's the day before.

This is our first and was our #4 cycle (6 months). I am 31 and DH is 40. I have Polisystic Ovaries and 40+ day cycles. Have also had a cervical cone biopsy for HPV CIN 3, so will need to keep and eye on my cervix apparently.

Still can't believe it! Of course can't get a doctors app, between work and xmas/Nye it's a bit tricky.

Silly question, what determines those who are having their scans at 6 weeks and those at 12 weeks??

Merry Christmas to you all!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.