Due in July 2018 Chat #3

• Please log in to reply
346 replies to this topic

#1 Sandra

Posted 27 November 2017 - 09:46 AM

New thread time ladies, please read our rules, particularly regarding  facebook.  :)

#2 cloey79

Posted 27 November 2017 - 12:48 PM

I didn't get to respond to everything from the last thread before it closed so just quickly - Birdie11 thinking of you and hoping everything is ok - you must be so stressed, I can't imagine.. Rhoxie I'm so sorry to hear your latest...

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

#3 Birdie11

Posted 27 November 2017 - 04:36 PM

Thanks Cloey. I really am freaking right out. I am having an US tomorrow at 12:15. Please universe, let there be a healthy baby in there!!!! So scared!

#4 Joliseix

Posted 27 November 2017 - 04:58 PM

Good luck tomorrow Birdie.

Rhoxie when do you get your blood results back?

#5 TeaLover

Posted 27 November 2017 - 05:01 PM

Crossing fingers and toes birdie

#6 imme

Posted 27 November 2017 - 05:15 PM

Everything crossed, Birdie!

#7 Sweet.Pea

Posted 27 November 2017 - 05:20 PM

Goodluck Birdie! Is it heavy or just spotting?

#8 lovemyfurbabies

Posted 27 November 2017 - 06:26 PM

Goodluck birdie

#9 poppy_seed

Posted 27 November 2017 - 07:59 PM

Oh Birdie...what a terrifying experience, especially after everything you've bn through to get to this point. I'm sending positive thoughts and will be thinking of you tomorrow.

And Rhoxie...I am so so sorry. My heart goes out to you.

#10 Birdie11

Posted 27 November 2017 - 09:32 PM

Thanks everyone. I will update you tomorrow. Sweet Pea- it started off as light brownish spotting but is getting darker and more pink/reddish as time goes by. Anyway, ultrasound is not far off now. I have prepared myself for whatever news is to come- good or bad.

Poppy- yes it is so terrifying. When I spoke to my IVF clinic today they were so supportive and lovely. Even though I’m not technically their patient anymore. I’m so grateful. They explained that IVF mothers tend to be quite a lot more pessimistic when things don’t go perfectly. Because we couldn’t trust our bodies to fall pregnant and do what they are naturally supposed to do, so it is hard to trust our bodies to do the right thing now. Made sense, also reassuring to be told my fears are warranted.

Rhoxie- sending you all my thoughts and prayers. x

Edited by Birdie11, 27 November 2017 - 09:36 PM.

#11 Rhoxie

Posted 27 November 2017 - 09:43 PM

So sorry  guys I wasn't  going to post my sad news in the new thread. Early pregnancy is confronting enough without hearing sad stoies.

I got my blood tests back today and my numbers have plummeted. I was expecting it though as I've  had significant and prolonged bleeding and loss. My doctor ( who I've  had for well over 15 yrs) was trying so hard to cheer me up and made it very clear that there was nothing I could have done differently. My head was so full of what ifs...what if I hadn't been so sick with gastro?  Am I too old? Did not taking pregnancy vitamins before I realised I  was pregnant mean I was lacking something ?   My doctor was reassuring but I'm still so sad. I was so happy to have a happy accidently pregnancy  and now I'm  just so lost.

#12 Joliseix

Posted 28 November 2017 - 05:49 AM

I’m so so sorry Rhoxie :(
Wish I could do or say something to make you feel better.
It isn’t your fault at all, lots of hugs xxx

#13 cloey79

Posted 28 November 2017 - 10:57 AM

Birdie thinking of you today for your scan - whatever the outcome don't feel like you need to share until you're ready. Hopefully it's all nothing to be concerned about!

#14 imme

Posted 28 November 2017 - 12:22 PM

Thinking of you Birdie.  I hope you've had reassuring news  :)

#15 BabyBass2017

Posted 28 November 2017 - 12:47 PM

We are all here for you Birdie xxxx praying for good news for you

Rhoxie - I am so so sorry =( there is nothing you could have done. Nothing at all.  Keep strong and keep your head up.

Edited by BabyBass2017, 28 November 2017 - 12:48 PM.

#16 Gootza

Posted 28 November 2017 - 02:30 PM

Very sorry to hear that Rhoxie 😞

I hope you have good news Birdie!

I had my scan today. Everything’s looking good at the moment, HB 150. measuring at 7w today so a little smaller than I thought. I always worry about them being smaller! She assured me that everything looked fine today and that the dating scan is really just to make sure the baby is in the correct position with a heartbeat and to check to see if there’s one or multiples.

Feeling relieved!!

Also spewed this morning and have felt crappy so hormones are obviously doing their thing! 🤢🤢

#17 lovemyfurbabies

Posted 28 November 2017 - 03:29 PM

Congratulations Gootza must be a relief!

#18 Birdie11

Posted 28 November 2017 - 04:13 PM

Hi ladies,

Rhoxie- I’m so sorry. I can’t even imagine how you must feel. x

I had my scan. The couldn’t see any reason for the bleeding. Baby is fine. Supposed to be 8 weeks tomorrow but baby is 5 days ahead of schedule and is measuring 8+5 today. They said perhaps just quick growth is stretching uterus extra or something. I probably won’t get an answer so I’m just going to ignore it for now and hope it goes away soon. I get to see my OB next Thursday, she will scan me then too so at least not a long wait til I see it again. Thanks for thinking of me and all your support.

#19 cloey79

Posted 28 November 2017 - 04:24 PM

Aaah Birdie that's great news! I hope you feel relieved knowing everything appears ok! Big deep breaths and keep moving forward! :clap:

#20 lovemyfurbabies

Posted 28 November 2017 - 04:30 PM

Greats news Birdie!!

#21 imme

Posted 28 November 2017 - 04:41 PM

That's great news, Birdie!  I'm so happy for you  :)

#22 Sweet.Pea

Posted 28 November 2017 - 06:17 PM

Good news Birdie!!!

Can I just ask why you are seeing your ob?

I've just been given a dating scan for 8 weeks, a NIPT test for 10.5 weeks and a scan for 20 weeks. Am I missing something?

#23 Jackrabbit

Posted 28 November 2017 - 07:19 PM

Great news Birdie! Hopefully the spotting will resolve itself soon.

#24 Birdie11

Posted 28 November 2017 - 07:24 PM

Sweet.Pea- I’m seeing an OB and going to a private hospital. So I have my first appt with her at 9-11 weeks (which just happens to be 9weeks because she then goes away). And then I’m having the harmony test on the 15th (10weeks) and then booked in for my NT scan on the 29th (12weeks). And then I will see her again at 16, 20, 24, 38, 32, 34, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 weeks. I think that’s fairly standard with OBs.  I can’t remember if you said you were going private or public? Also, I don’t think the NT scan can be done until 12 weeks? But I may be wrong. I tried to book mine early at 11w2d (because I’m going away for Xmas and New Years) but they said I couldn’t, had to be week 12. So now I’ve got to drive back to Sydney for it.

#25 Birdie11

Posted 28 November 2017 - 07:26 PM

Sweet Pea- who gave you all those request forms?

And thanks for the support everyone. So appreciate it!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.