#3 ZombieFerretOfDoom

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:17 PM

Silver 👅

#4 JJ

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:24 PM

Bronze, oh my!

#5 mayahlb

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:40 PM

I'm just posting so I can find it again.

#6 purplekitty

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:32 PM

US has withdrawn from UNESCO.

#7 MarigoldMadge

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:58 PM

And Puerto Rico is taking up too many resources and it;s their own fault anyway.

And an executive order will be signed tomorrow to somehow destroy/cripple ACA.

#8 JustBeige

Posted 13 October 2017 - 05:23 AM

MM, I just came in to say the same thing about Puerto Rico. I nearly pitched my tablet across the room when I read that.

He is a disgraceful human being.

#9 Peanut

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:23 AM

That man and his cronies are pulling the US down to its knees.  :(

#10 Peanut

Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:10 PM

Showing his ignorance yet again.  :rolleyes:

Trump fails to honor U.S. flag during military ceremony after weeks of griping about NFL players kneeling for national anthem

"The President on Wednesday remained seated and talked while “Retreat” and “To the Colors” were played at an Air National Guard hangar in Middletown, Pa.  “What a nice sound that is,” Trump told Fox News’ Sean Hannity as he watches the crowd stand.

Trump appeared to have no knowledge of the significance of the songs, even joking with Hannity that they were being played in his honor".

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.3559254

Edited by Peanut, 13 October 2017 - 04:11 PM.

#11 Lifesgood

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:30 PM

I would actually like to know his IQ

#12 purplekitty

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:33 PM

View PostLifesgood, on 13 October 2017 - 07:30 PM, said:

I would actually like to know his IQ
Mensa has offered to do an IQ test with Tillerson and Trump.

More likely Trump will tweet a photoshopped FB one he has done.

#13 ZombieFerretOfDoom

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:20 PM

I'll bet he's done one of those Facebook ones that gives everyone an IQ of 130+ and thinks it's real.

Edited by ZombieFerretOfDoom, 13 October 2017 - 08:22 PM.

#14 steppy

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:24 PM

It's a disgrace that they have not removed this pillock yet. A total disgrace.

#15 *Spikey*

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:29 PM

Yea gods..... just marking my place.

#16 Lunafreya

Posted 14 October 2017 - 07:35 AM

Trump thinks is terrible that the press is able to "say what they want". Um, dude, you're going against the Bill of Rights itself. Do you really want to go there?

http://reverepress.c...-news-networks/

Kind of hope he does TBH.

#17 JustBeige

Posted 14 October 2017 - 07:53 AM

View PostLunafreya, on 14 October 2017 - 07:35 AM, said:

Trump thinks is terrible that the press is able to "say what they want". Um, dude, you're going against the Bill of Rights itself. Do you really want to go there?

http://reverepress.c...-news-networks/

Kind of hope he does TBH.
why? genuine question.

Nothing he does or says makes anyone in his party 'do' anything more than roll their eyes and smile like he's "the drunk uncle that everyone tolerates because they are family / he's going a bit dotty in his old age, so we just ignore it and he will stop or move on to the next topic"

The truth is though, he's a raging megalomaniac who will truly only be stopped when enough white men of power actually say Stop and take action (impeachment )

And they wont do that because that means they will get Pence. who is sly and sneaky and a true politician.

45 is the 'better' option for the faceless men as he can be manipulated so much easier into making them  (and him) richer and more powerful - business and poltically wise.

#18 Lunafreya

Posted 14 October 2017 - 07:58 AM

Why? Because if he does they can finally catch him with his hand in the till. And hopefully bring a few more down with him.

Where are the democrats saying that Trump is against the First Amendment? If any democrat even thought of doing something like this, the right wing would be all over them like a cheap suit.

It's coming up to a year since he was elected. I never seriously thought it would happen. I hoped saner heads would prevail.

#19 purpleduck

Posted 14 October 2017 - 07:59 AM

God, I'm still so depressed about this all :(

#20 JustBeige

Posted 14 October 2017 - 08:03 AM

View PostLunafreya, on 14 October 2017 - 07:58 AM, said:

Why? Because if he does they can finally catch him with his hand in the till. And hopefully bring a few more down with him.

Where are the democrats saying that Trump is against the First Amendment? If any democrat even thought of doing something like this, the right wing would be all over them like a cheap suit.

It's coming up to a year since he was elected. I never seriously thought it would happen. I hoped saner heads would prevail.

yep I think very many people thought it was a big practical joke.

But it will contiue ongoing while they (both sides) continue to look /deflect / bury their heads in the sand

#21 Lifesgood

Posted 14 October 2017 - 09:07 AM

View PostLunafreya, on 14 October 2017 - 07:58 AM, said:

Time for a stocktake of what his govt has achieved in the first year. Should be a short list.

#22 purplekitty

Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:49 AM

View PostJustBeige, on 14 October 2017 - 07:53 AM, said:

And they wont do that because that means they will get Pence. who is sly and sneaky and a true politician.

Pence is in it up to his neck and complicit in the collusion with Russia.
They are a cabal beholden to billionaire donators,Mercer and the Koch brothers and Putin.

Alienation of that core Trump voting base is what they don't want to happen until they get their tax cuts through.
I think the GOP know exactly how bad this is and are like deer in the headlights.

When(and if) it comes crashing down there will be an enormous fallout and they think doing nothing to cause an avalanche is the only option.
They don't deserve to represent the people of the US.

#23 ZombieFerretOfDoom

Posted 14 October 2017 - 11:49 AM

Nobody's better than Trump at claiming nobody's better than him at stuff - the video.

https://www.thepoke....-fry-brilliant/

#24 Lifesgood

Posted 14 October 2017 - 11:57 AM

Interesting article about how Trump can be removed - the old fashioned way, via elections. We are a year out from the mid-terms.

https://www.theguard...nning-elections

#25 JustBeige

Posted 14 October 2017 - 12:39 PM

So so true. (from the above link)

Even if they did turn on Trump, would the invertebrates who make up today’s Republican party in Congress do the same? Corker has spoken out – but only after he announced he’s quitting the Senate. The rest barely dare raise a whisper of protest against Trump, even when he’s soiling the flag they claim to revere. If, by some miracle, they did find their spine and remove him, the Trump loyalists would not just swallow it. There could well be street violence, even civil war.

No, the only way to remove Trump is for Democrats to do the hard graft of organising, campaigning and winning elections – starting with the midterms of November 2018. So long as Republicans control the House and Senate, Trump is safe.

I’m glad that Mattis, Kelly and the others are there to grab Trump’s wrist should he reach for the nuclear button. But even that is only a small comfort. A democracy that relies on a group of generals to frustrate an elected leader is in a bad way. The president does indeed pose a clear and present danger to America and the world. But democracy is what put him there – and only democracy can get him out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.