Due in June #1

165 replies to this topic

#1 Sandra

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:13 AM

Welcome and congratulations ladies

I hope you all have a wonderful and exciting  9 months!

This is your first chat thread  :)

#2 sundayfunday

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:23 AM

Thanks Sandra. Taking my first tentative steps into here. Due Date 18 June. Bloods to confirm tomorrow with my clinic, as mine is an IVF baby, so no idea what the process will be after that, but my hpt are getting darker, so that's a good sign.

Edited to add, probably should say this is our first, so no idea what we are doing!

Edited by sundayfunday, 11 October 2017 - 09:36 AM.

#3 KatieTL

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:01 AM

I’m back again.

I’ve just learned that I’m pregnant with #2. It came as a bit of a surprise, it was the first month of “trying” and as with my first baby, that’s all it took. I thought it would take longer as I’m still breastfeeding my 15 month old boy. I’m yet to go to the doctor to confirm and have scheduled that for next week.  I think my due date is likely to be around 20 June making these two almost 2 years apart.  

I’m a bit excited and overwhelmed at the same time.

#4 sleung85

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:32 PM

Hi sundayfunday & KatieTL!

Congratulations on your pregnancies :)

I had my viability scan yesterday, and the U/S EDD is June 4 (LMP 1 June).

We have a 2.3yo daughter and went through a miscarriage in May this year - both were conceived first go, so it's been frustrating that it's taken this "long" - not that I was expecting it this month.

#5 nikkidee

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:56 PM

Hey ladies, just got my BFP this morning so dipping my toe in here to say hi! I've been pregnant twice already in the last 6 months and lost both babies, but I'm holding out hope that 3rd time is a charm. I also have 2 children - 5 and 3 who would love a sibling.

Sorry to hear about your loss sleung85. It certainly makes the first trimester a lot scarier in subsequent pregnancies.

#6 augschnit

Posted 11 October 2017 - 04:06 PM

Hi team!

Found out last week we are due June 13th.

This will be second for me :)

#7 sundayfunday

Posted 11 October 2017 - 04:34 PM

Hi all, so sorry to hear about your losses nikkidee and sleung. What % of pregnancies end in miscarriage, I hope we all have an uneventful 9 months

#8 oxnard

Posted 11 October 2017 - 05:16 PM

Hi all
So happy to be joining. Got a bfp two nights ago, seeing my GP tomorrow...so hoping it all works out! This is #2 for us, and took 4 months of trying...

#9 nikkidee

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:37 PM

Sundayfunday I think the general risk is 1/5 but my doc says because of my age my risk is 1/4 (I'm 36).   I hope this pregnancy is completely uneventful!!

#10 augschnit

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:39 PM

View PostKatieTL, on 11 October 2017 - 11:01 AM, said:

I’m back again.

I’ve just learned that I’m pregnant with #2. It came as a bit of a surprise, it was the first month of “trying” and as with my first baby, that’s all it took. I thought it would take longer as I’m still breastfeeding my 15 month old boy. I’m yet to go to the doctor to confirm and have scheduled that for next week.  I think my due date is likely to be around 20 June making these two almost 2 years apart.  

I’m a bit excited and overwhelmed at the same time.

Are you having any feeding aversions at all?

I'm still feeding my almost 15 month and have noticed a drop in supply already plus I'm hating her touching me and feeding.
I feel so awful :(

#11 nikkidee

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:21 AM

I am still nursing my 3 year old before bed and the aversion is awful already. It's definitely going to have to stop soon. I did nurse my now 5 year old all the way up to 32 weeks when pregnant with my son though. She was only 10 months when I got pregnant and needed to keep going. It was challenging but definitely doable.

#12 sundayfunday

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:14 PM

Hi All, just checking in to say that blood tests confirmed pregnancy today. Scan booked in for 2 November, now I just have to sit back and hope everything continues to progress as it should

#13 nikkidee

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:05 AM

Exciting ! I am going to get bloods drawn next week I think. Then book in for the rest.

#14 loulou1985

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:35 AM

Hello everyone! I've been in the may dig but had my dating scan that that has given me an edd of June 5th.. thought I'd come say hi here as I'm probably closer in weeks to most of you (6+3)

#15 First-time-mumma

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:43 AM

Hi guys thid is actually my 2nd bub dont no how to change username.

#16 augschnit

Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:42 AM

I had blood tests last week to confirm.
Still have to wait 3 more weeks for a scan which feels a lifetime away.

#17 sundayfunday

Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:30 PM

Hi first time (second timer) and loulou. Hope everything is going well.

Thanks for organising the group augschnit.

I feel like all we do is wait

#18 Dreamingofanother

Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:22 PM

Hi Ladies
My BT confirmed my BFP today, with a scan in 3 weeks also - another IVF bubba here.
This is my second, i have a 9 year old already and had a MC at 10 weeks end of last year so am going to be holding my breath for a while i think!
Due on 20 June!!!!

#19 afterlaughter

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:11 PM

Hi Everyone, I'm due on 3rd June based on Ovulation day. Been very nervous as had chemical pregnancies each time in the two cycles before this pregnancy. Everything seems to be progressing well and I'm now looking forward to my first appointment including a scan to check on bub.

#20 SeriouslyImpatient

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:35 PM

Hi everyone, I’m due around the 1st of June according to blood tests. Have a scan next Thursday so I’ll know more accurately then. This was a very big surprise for us as our first baby is only 9months old 😳  and he was conceived with much more difficulty, time and planning. My last DIG is still such a great suppprt for me and I’m sure this one will be the same! Looking forward to sharing the journey with you all 🙂

#21 sundayfunday

Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:09 AM

Welcome all the new comers.

How is everyone feeling? Many symptoms?

Does anyone know if there is a list/timeline of what you need to do once you get your bfp?

As for myself, I don't know what to do. I am struggling between trying to not get to excited, I keep expecting the worst case scenario. Is anyone else feeling like that?

#22 bek_p

Posted 14 October 2017 - 04:48 PM

Hi girls, im due the 1st with my 2nd a natual after IVF!

I cannot stand food thats a little spoiled bit more spewing this time

#23 Monna

Posted 14 October 2017 - 08:13 PM

Hi everyone, I'm due on 14th June according to my ovulation tracker, have got a GP appointment booked Monday for confirmation bloods.
Have done 2 HPTs and both positive a week apart but still feeling like it's too good to be true! This is our second  (we have a 20mo girl) and was so smooth sailing for the first I've just got my fingers crossed we can be so lucky again!
I hate the first trimester, I have no symptoms yet, and last pregnancy I only really had fatigue and worried myself sick that there was something wrong!

#24 augschnit

Posted 14 October 2017 - 09:03 PM

View Postsundayfunday, on 14 October 2017 - 10:09 AM, said:

Welcome all the new comers.

How is everyone feeling? Many symptoms?

Does anyone know if there is a list/timeline of what you need to do once you get your bfp?

As for myself, I don't know what to do. I am struggling between trying to not get to excited, I keep expecting the worst case scenario. Is anyone else feeling like that?

Yes definitely relatable.
Trying to make myself be cautious but then forgetting, getting super excited and then getting in a weird loop.

I've been symptom city since 3w+4.
Constant vomiting, nausea and fatigue.

I threw up outside of a lush and a myer today because bath bomb and perfume fragrances were too much.

Pretty much what you do is see your GP, get your bloods, get a referral for your first ultrasound around 8 weeks and then wait.

Excruciating waiting.

#25 nikkidee

Posted 14 October 2017 - 09:21 PM

My only symptom so far is cramping but i am bit even 4 weeks until tomorrow.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.