• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

#1 Sandra

Posted 08 October 2017 - 09:30 AM

New thread time ladies  :)

#2 Inexperienced

Posted 08 October 2017 - 10:11 AM

Im assuming this is the due in may #4?

Loulou - I don't think you should worry. I had a friend who went through her whole pregnancy with no symptoms and she gave birth to a health bub last month.

I also haven't had any major symptoms but I'm still hopefully that nothing is wrong.

#3 *~*ME*~*

Posted 08 October 2017 - 10:42 AM

Yes i think so haha.

Loulou. I get very minimal pregnancy symptoms. All i have atm is sore boobs, constipation and food aversions.

We are lucky!

#4 McBumcheeks

Posted 08 October 2017 - 10:55 AM

February?! So confused!
I've had nausea for a few days now, so I think it's definitely setting in. I'm kind of okay with it because I don't feel like eating all the time as I normally do!

The other thing that's happening is that I've become quite paranoid about toxoplasmosis and it's starting to get a bit out id control in my mind. I do have a cat and I haven't touched her litter tray but I do poke around in the garden and it didn't even occur to me until the last week or so that I should be wearing gloves. So I'm quite distressed at the possibility that I have been exposed over the last few weeks. Though I have had her for a very long time so I'd like to think I would have had a million opportunities to be exposed in the past. Nonetheless I am pretty paranoid about it all of a sudden :(

#5 Kemi

Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:54 PM

Mc Bumcheeks - I forgot all about the cat litter and have just this minute cleaned it out (minus gloves)... oh well i have had cats all my life so I'm thinking i will already have had toxo. I hope...

I had a fair bit of abdo discomfort yesterday and was feeling dizzy on and off. not sure if this is a good thing of a bad thing!

hope everyone is enjoying their weekends :)

#6 BugBiEz

Posted 08 October 2017 - 01:14 PM

My ribs are giving me so much pain today! I'm pretty sure it's normal, I remember having horrible rib pains with my last pregnancy, but I can't remember at how many weeks.

Anybody here getting the Harmony (NIPT) Test done? I'm trying to work out if I want to or not, it wasn't offered when I was pregnant last.

#7 McBumcheeks

Posted 08 October 2017 - 01:30 PM

Yeah we are doing the harmony test. I don't know much about it but it offers a lot more information and screening than just the nuchal measurement alone.

Kemi - I'm a bit the same, I feel like that same patch of dirt I've been planting my veggies in for 7 years so surely I should have been exposed by now.

#8 loulou1985

Posted 08 October 2017 - 03:15 PM

Thanks for all your replies! I still feel pretty well with only occasional fleeting waves of light headedness/nausea. I guess I'm trying not to get my hopes up because it's still early. I think I need that ultrasound on Friday! My mum didn't get ms so maybe I've inherited her lucky genes!

#9 onetrick

Posted 08 October 2017 - 03:21 PM

I'm doing the harmony test- not for gender (we don't want to know), but for planning and peace of mind. I didn't see the point of doing something that wasn't almost 100% accurate.

I'm hoping to get off work early Tuesday to have the bloods done.

Does anyone know of you have to fast first, though?? It didn't say anywhere that I did, but I hate the thought of going in and having to turn around and come back another time cause I got that wrong!

#10 CoffsJen

Posted 09 October 2017 - 06:59 AM

Hi everyone,

One trick - harmony isn't a fasting test (thank goodness!) I'm going to get it tomorrow too - yay!

Mcbumcheeks - I decided not to worry too much about toxo - my mum is a vet, so spent 3 entire pregnancies touching everything about cats! I figure it's the same as everything else - it's a theoretical risk, so you do what you can to reduce your risk, but you can have been exposed at any time (even playing in the sandpit when you were a kid). Meanwhile someone who doesn't know I'm pregnant bought around a white Castello cheese the other night - I couldn't stop staring at it, having a massive internal battle about how bad "just one bit" would be lol!

#11 sunshinenlollipops

Posted 09 October 2017 - 02:25 PM

Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to pop in and say hi and join the group.

I am 7 wks along with #2. My DS will be 3 in November. Due date is 28th May :yes: my DS was born via emergency c-section so we plan on going down the c-section route again this time too.

Have been meaning to join earlier but just got back from a week away camping so figured now is as good a time as any.

I'll need to go back thru the threads and catch up on where everyone is at. Loved having the support of a due in group with my first pregnancy and to this day we still have a close nit group of around 50 :yes:

Looking forward to sharing the next 9mths with you all!

#12 mocha444

Posted 09 October 2017 - 03:43 PM

View PostMcBumcheeks, on 08 October 2017 - 10:55 AM, said:

February?! So confused!
I've had nausea for a few days now, so I think it's definitely setting in. I'm kind of okay with it because I don't feel like eating all the time as I normally do!

The other thing that's happening is that I've become quite paranoid about toxoplasmosis and it's starting to get a bit out id control in my mind. I do have a cat and I haven't touched her litter tray but I do poke around in the garden and it didn't even occur to me until the last week or so that I should be wearing gloves. So I'm quite distressed at the possibility that I have been exposed over the last few weeks. Though I have had her for a very long time so I'd like to think I would have had a million opportunities to be exposed in the past. Nonetheless I am pretty paranoid about it all of a sudden :(

McBumcheeks, have you been tested for toxo before? If you are already exposed, it won't harm your baby if you get reexposed during pregnancy so you won't need to worry. Having said that, I have worked as a vet for 7 years and myself and I plus all other pregnant female vets I have ever spoken to said that they tested negative to toxo. So it is pretty difficult (although still possible) to get exposed from your cat. Another reassuring fact is it is mainly young cats that shed toxo and you say you have had your cat for years so I presume not a kitten. So once again, risk from your cat is very low. Most common exposure for people is through gardening and unwashed vegetables. Wear gloves when you garden, wash your hands afterwards/regularly anyway, wash your veggies thoroughly and get your partner to clean the litter tray if you can (as it's a great excuse not to!) Hope his info helps reassure you a bit 💖

#13 jess.w.

Posted 10 October 2017 - 06:21 AM

Finally arrived at dating scan day yesterday! I am measuring 6w2d which is about a week behind LMP date (is that normal?) and a little fluttery heartbeat was visible - very early still but exciting nonetheless!

I'm "officially" now due 2 June but I'm going to stick around here 🙂

Hope everyone has a good day.

#14 BugBiEz

Posted 10 October 2017 - 06:55 AM

12 weeks today! :dance:  Hopefully 1 week closer to my morning sickness going away! I had a horrible day last Thursday. So happy to cross that line, but it will be better when I have a scan on Friday and I know we're both safe.

Edited by BugBiEz, 10 October 2017 - 07:32 AM.

#15 Hummingbird82

Posted 10 October 2017 - 06:58 AM

Hi Jess,

Congratulations on your scan - yes I was exactly the same as you. I was temping when ttc, and ovulated on day 21, 7 days later than normal as I usually was day 14. I told my doctor my lmp was 7 days later than it was to give me a 28 day cycle with ovulation on day 14. At my scan from Lmp I was 8 + 4  but from my pretend Lmp I was 7 + 4. Dates matched up accurately - I measured 7 + 6. I have a history of big babies (DS was 9lb 8 oz at 38 weeks) so could be the start of another big one.

So totally normal - sometimes ovulation happens later than you think :-)

Welcome and congratulations to all those who have joined the group :-)

#16 McBumcheeks

Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:16 AM

Thanks all for the reassurance re toxo. I had a long internal dialogue with myself over the weekend and concluded that my exposure risk over the past several weeks is minimal and that I should not worry about it. Now I'm just taking some extra precautions. I do feel that the extremely conservative nature of the guidelines for Australians can be a source of unnecessary anxiety sometimes, but I understand why they exist.
I had to do overtime yesterday - meaning a 12 hour day! I was so tired, headachey and nauseous by the end. I definitely did not want to go to work today.
I have no other updates except that a friend gave me her pregnancy pillow, which I think is going to come in very handy down the track!
Enjoying everyone's updates, keep em coming. Welcome to new people!

#17 TKAC2017

Posted 10 October 2017 - 05:03 PM

View Postjess.w., on 10 October 2017 - 06:21 AM, said:

Finally arrived at dating scan day yesterday! I am measuring 6w2d which is about a week behind LMP date (is that normal?) and a little fluttery heartbeat was visible - very early still but exciting nonetheless!

Hey Jess, i had my scan today also :) Measured 6w5d and thought I'd be 7 weeks. What was the bubs heart beat and size do you know?

#18 Maggsy12

Posted 10 October 2017 - 05:59 PM

Hi Ladies,
So after realising my mistake and posting in the due in May 17, I finally found my way to the May 18 thread.... can I blame baby brain already?

Anyway I'm popping in to introduce myself and say Hi. After a long history of TTC, my hubby and I are due to have our first baby on the 4th May... I thought it would be nice to jump on a forum and connect with some others. Hopefully I can catch up and hope you all don't mind me joining.
:)

#19 onetrick

Posted 10 October 2017 - 07:43 PM

Yay! You found us! Welcome :) (if you want to join us in fb, read the earlier part of this tread and message one of the awesome people who have volunteered to help out)

Baby brain is totally a thing- at least from the tiredness of the first trimester! Blah...

#20 loulou1985

Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:11 PM

Welcome maggsy! Eek realised I'm having my scan on Friday the 13th.. Feeling a bit more symptomatic now which is making me feel a bit more reassured..

#21 McBumcheeks

Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:57 PM

Welcome!

Is anyone else dreaming about food they can't have or is it just me? I never crave subway and today I could smell it on the way home and oh my gosh!

#22 loulou1985

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:09 PM

Not dreaming about it but really want a bahn mi!

#23 Zel lala

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:57 PM

View Postjess.w., on 10 October 2017 - 06:21 AM, said:

The same thing happened to me at my dating scan. My dates changed by a week. I'm so confused how it happened!
How amazing is it knowing you have a little hear beating inside you (that isn't yours)!

Welcome and congrats to everyone who's joined recently. Xx

#24 Inexperienced

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:11 AM

So we told my in laws on Monday night and my parents last night. The reaction when they unwrapped it and read the words on the jumpsuit were priceless. Best thing to watch ever. So thats done 😊 now we wait to tell the rest of the world.

Feels so long until my dating scan... I'm doing it at 8 weeks which is next week.

Jess I wouldn't worry to much.. your dates may change again at your 12 week scan.

Maggsy - welcome and congratulations! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months 😊

#25 McBumcheeks

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:41 AM

Jess, my friend who is at 20-something weeks told me that the date gets revised whenever you have a scan because they all grow at slightly different rates! And I think that "term" can mean anything from around 38-42 weeks from memory. I wouldn't worry! :-)
Also mine was a week behind too but that's because I often have a 35 day cycle, so could it be that you ovulated later?

Edited by McBumcheeks, 11 October 2017 - 07:43 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.