Due in March #1

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
176 replies to this topic

#51 JustMarried!

Posted 07 July 2017 - 05:03 PM

Oh yes I get it now. Just signed up with Ovia as well and that said I was 4 weeks 4 days so that all makes more sense now. Thanks for your help :) wow we are close let's hope this is 9 uneventful months for all of us.

#52 newlywedandready

Posted 07 July 2017 - 05:32 PM

Hi ladies,

I'm also tentatively joining this group. I had my BFP earlier this week and have just come back from getting my quantitive bloods done. Where my levels more than doubled since wednesday. This has come as a huge relief as I've had bleeding for the past 9 days so I was very worried and actually thought I had AF until something just told me I was pregnant.

I have a my 6 week ultrasound next Friday - where I should be able to hear the heartbeat! :)

Hoping my little bean is sticky!!

Congratulations and I am excited to be sharing this journey with you all!

xx

#53 Fourleaf

Posted 07 July 2017 - 06:40 PM

Hello everyone and congrats to all!

Happy to hear your news 9 years and Just Married, i remember silently reading your posts from the TTC forums and it's so nice to see you girls in here!

Ah I'm feeling a little troubled here so thought I would hop on and see if anyone had any thoughts..

My LMP was 3 June (I was on 28 day cycles for the past year and this year, until last month it went up to 31 days - lifestyle changes). I tested on 3 July night and got a really really faint positive using Clearblue digital. Tested again 4 July morning and it was pretty similar, very very faint so DH and I were doubtful. I waited till 5 July night and yay it was clearer. Still not very dark, but obvious. As this is our first and being keen, I went ahead and booked a blood test with GP yesterday (6 July). Doc was quite quick and results came back this afternoon, but my hcg reading was 53.

Doc sounded a little concerned as this would be the count for someone with LMP of 0 - 3 weeks, (I misunderstood and confirmed that I am only 3 weeks (from conception), but I guess I should be 5 weeks?) but then he told me to just wait 4 weeks and go for an ultrasound...(also told me not to tell anyone as it might be a chemical pregnancy, still early days :S) I feel like going to another doctor to do a blood test late next week rather than waiting 4 weeks for nothing? At least if my HCG count is around the same or under 100 I'll know for sure it's CP.

No symptoms so far. AF isn't here either, no spotting at all. Not sure how many DPO i am though according to the Glow app my fertile period was 18/6-21/6 (CD16-CD19). I was using OPK tests but after 4 "high" readings from the 16-19 June and having BD-ed for 4 nights in a row, I figured there's no point testing because after the 5th night I couldn't possibly squeeze in a 6th night lol. It was my first time temping and as my BBT was still low at 36.4C on the 20th June, i stopped temping because i kind of wrote it off thinking maybe I missed it or I didn't ovulate since my breasts weren't very tender nor did i have as noticeable EWCM as in the previous month. On the 26th June I suddenly noticed a lot of CM which spurred me to initiate BD that night but I doubt I would have ovulated CD 23?

Sorry for the long story. Still hopeful but also tempering it with the expectation it might be a CP. DH cheered me up by telling me I was still in range and not to give up but I feel bad for raising his expectations. Sorry to be such a downer on such a happy thread! :omg:

#54 JustMarried!

Posted 07 July 2017 - 07:17 PM

Hi Fourleaf. Don't worry I still don't know if mine will be a sticky bloods drawn today but because of the weekend I don't think I'll find out until Monday or Tuesday. Tuesday is both mine and dh birthday so would be a great present if all was good.

This is my first pregnancy too so I don't know much but it seems stressful to have to wait 4 weeks to see what happens. If I were you I would get another test end of next week and see where your levels are then. Because what I've read is that they double every few days. And then at least you will know what's going on. If it is then a chemical pregnancy which I hope it's not then you can try again next month without wasting a month in between.
My doctor wasn't very helpful today either. If tests look positive when she receives the results I will be asking much more questions next time.

#55 HKT2017

Posted 07 July 2017 - 07:37 PM

Welcome Fourleaf! These first weeks are so stressful! The date you got your positive sounds consistent with a later ovulation date. I would definitely be organising follow up bloods to see how things are progressing rather than an agonising wait for a dating scan.

Edited by HKT2017, 07 July 2017 - 07:38 PM.

#56 Fourleaf

Posted 07 July 2017 - 07:38 PM

Thanks Just Married! I remember talking to you a little back in the May thread, we had similar cycles and started trying around the same time :)

Wishing you all the best for your blood tests! What a wonderful gift that will be :yes:

Thanks HKT2017, i shall do that! I hope everything goes smoothly for you!

Edited by Fourleaf, 07 July 2017 - 07:44 PM.

#57 la di dah

Posted 07 July 2017 - 07:53 PM

I'm waiting to get my bloods back on Monday. I was counting weeks from my actual conception date not my due date so I'm actually five weeks according to the doctor.

I have lots of nausea (no actual spewing but it always feels imminent) and fatigue and the beginnings of weird feeling boobs.

Drank a bottle of tonic water for the nausea before I found out you're not supposed to drink tonic water, kicking myself pretty hard.

Doctor wants to wait a fortnight for the ultrasound, said that six weeks often leads to scares with no heartbeat or whatever but he finds seven weeks much better.

It's the waiting that's getting to me.

#58 JustMarried!

Posted 07 July 2017 - 07:55 PM

Oh yes I remember you Fourleaf. Well that would be awesome if we went through all this together :) hope you can book a blood test in for next week to see what's going on. This is going to be a long weekends wait for me before i get the results, should have waited till Monday but i thought she would help with my back pain but said not to take anything.

#59 HKT2017

Posted 07 July 2017 - 08:23 PM

Edited by HKT2017, 09 July 2017 - 07:46 AM.

#60 kee

Posted 07 July 2017 - 08:32 PM

Oh my gosh I'm really feeling for all of you having to wait for test results and answers from evasive doctors. Going through the back and forth of "looks good" and "this isn't a viable pregnancy" over and over for 2 weeks made me not keen to rush to the GP this time and seeing your frustrations over the anxious wait to know results makes me feel in even less hurry to go see the doctor. I think I'm just scared. I've done 2 tests and both were immediately positive so I think I'll do my last one tomorrow morning just to see if it's darker and then make an appointment next week. There's only so long I can stick my head in the sound I guess!

I have found something I like eating though ... salt and vinegar chips. As in crisps, not hot chips. I have had to stop myself from chowing through a big pack tonight. They taste amazing! I hate salt and vinegar chips by the way. Lol.

#61 ItIsComplicated

Posted 07 July 2017 - 09:26 PM

So drs app went ok. Because of my history they got straight onto getting a team together so I have heaps of referrals and appointments to organise. Had bloods done but couldn't get another appointment till the 17th so I might just call next week and check them.
Gah went to get more frers and a cb digi but nooo there was none only Frer digi which I haven't used before. Has anyone used one?  I might order the others online now ( we live very rural).

#62 JustMarried!

Posted 07 July 2017 - 09:34 PM

Itiscomplicated that's good my doctor didn't even mention anything about hospitals or referrals. She probably just wants to make sure I'm pregnant first hopefully. So you won't get your results until the 17th? Where abouts so you live? My doctor will call me when she gets mine so hopefully that's Monday or Tuesday. Luckily I'm a teacher so I have this week and next week off to deal with all this stuff at the moment while I'm not at work.

Sorry can't help with the frer digi as I haven't used one before.

#63 10YearsLater

Posted 08 July 2017 - 03:45 AM

Wow, chatterboxes overnight. Ive always been an early sleeper/early riser but st the moment I'm fast asleep by 8pm and wide awake by 3:30 (like right now!). It's annoying me a little because I usually wake up at 5am.

Lots of testing and GP appointments. Looking forward to mine! I know I'm definitely pregnant but will be good to get referrals and start mapping out the next 8 weeks at least.

Who is getting the harmony test? At almost 37 years old I will be but will be very firm about not wanting to know the gender. I found out with DD but not this time.

We told DHs parents last night. His sister just went through a massive operation to remove a brain tumour and while she's recovered really well, she's not out of the woods yet so ours was very happy news for them.

#64 10YearsLater

Posted 08 July 2017 - 03:53 AM

I thought I'd share a tip too. Aldi sell a ginger stem biscuit which seemed to work really well for my nausea yesterday. Admittedly my nausea is only mild (at only 4 weeks!) but persistent and one biscuit took the nausea away for hours. I also tried fruit tingles which I read a lot about on other forums but they don't work at all for me.

#65 JustMarried!

Posted 08 July 2017 - 07:42 AM

9years well if I'm not pregnant then I have no idea what would be wrong with me. The lady 3 nights have been the same sleep from 10pm to 12am. Wake up with the worse back and front cramps try to go to the toilet only gas sorry tmi and then walk around for a bit and then I'm fine, slept through the night (with a heat pack) and wake up in the morning with only slight back pain.

What's a harmony test? Well dh wants to find out genre. We are both teachers and he likes planning ahead of time because his busy through from now until March with cricket. I don't mind either way. I'll just be happy that I'm pregnant, well when this back ache goes I'll be happy.

#66 10YearsLater

Posted 08 July 2017 - 08:08 AM

I'd say you're definitely pregnant. Just hoping it's deciding to be sticky! The back pains must be awful. Fx for mondays results. I'll be stalking.

Harmony test is an extra blood test you can take at 10weeks + 1 days. It's expensive but tests for a number of trisomies. Far more accurate than the 12 week scan/blood test.

#67 JustMarried!

Posted 08 July 2017 - 08:14 AM

Oh yea I think I'll probably get that done too. I'm not getting too excited yet until I have my results. And then I'll start planning everything else. My dh says I have a low pain tolerance which I do. But my back is really hurting haha. I've heard you can take Panadol but because the gp said not to take anything I don't know what to do and usually Panadol does nothing for me anyway.

#68 ItIsComplicated

Posted 08 July 2017 - 10:25 AM

Feeling a lot more confident since getting positive on digital test this morning. I had the genestye test with dd at 7 weeks, will get it done again. Made me relax a lot more.

#69 JustMarried!

Posted 08 July 2017 - 10:34 AM

Yay that's so good :) I'm leaving my last digi for Monday. Got a darker line on the cheap internet test just now, not using fmu but it got dark straight away and is the same darkness as the control line, so I feel like that's a positive.

#70 kee

Posted 08 July 2017 - 01:12 PM

I did my last test this morning, noce dark line in only a matter of seconds. I feel yuk today though - food is repulsive and I want to vomit which I am surprised about as it seems to early to be feeling like this and is something that didn't happen last time.

I looked into the Harmony test last time but didn't get far enough to have it. I'm 37 and the doctor advised to do it but I won't be finding out gender either. Since I haven't even seen my GP yet, I haven't spoken to her about if we'll go down that testing path this time.

It's so hard to concentrate on work today. I am already exhausted with pretending to feel fine and it's only lunch time!

#71 10YearsLater

Posted 08 July 2017 - 01:16 PM

Kee, I'm feeling exactly the same. Nauseous most of the time and utterly exhausted. Feel asleep at midday. I've got a full on day planned for my DDs 9th birthday tomorrow and the thought of it makes me exhausted. At least there's a part where we go to the movies and perhaps I can sleep in the dark for a while. Last pregnancy (with her), I was asleep by 4pm most days in the first trimester as soon as I got home from work. But it definitely didn't start at 4weeks!

#72 kee

Posted 08 July 2017 - 01:32 PM

I'm already worrying about how long I can keep working 7 days a week for. I work 8:30 to 5:30 Monday to Friday as a selections office manager for a building company and my fiance and I work from about 6am to 10 or 11pm every Saturday and Sunday installing, supervising and packing down jumpy castles for events and kids parties. It's exhausting, physical work and this morning I nearly threw up in a client's back yard while installing a castle and bow I'm supervising a castle at the football and the smell of hotdogs and beer is making me nauseous. I keep telling myself it's a good thing but lord it stinks!

#73 kee

Posted 08 July 2017 - 01:33 PM

I'm already worrying about how long I can keep working 7 days a week for. I work 8:30 to 5:30 Monday to Friday as a selections office manager for a building company and my fiance and I work from about 6am to 10 or 11pm every Saturday and Sunday installing, supervising and packing down jumpy castles for events and kids parties. It's exhausting, physical work and this morning I nearly threw up in a client's back yard while installing a castle and bow I'm supervising a castle at the football and the smell of hotdogs and beer is making me nauseous. I keep telling myself it's a good thing but lord it stinks!

#74 kee

Posted 08 July 2017 - 01:38 PM

And either my internet here hates me or baby brain is kicking my butt ... didn't mean to post that twice! Lol

#75 10YearsLater

Posted 08 July 2017 - 02:20 PM

Oh my goodness! And here I was thinking I had a busy life! That's insane. I think you should be kind to your poor exhausted body and look at ways to reduce your workload. No wonder you're so tired.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.