Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:50 AM

Hi all

New thread time

Previous thread

Regards

Ali

#2 Shiv7897

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:03 AM

Hi ladies, nervously waiting for the 12 week scan on Thursday - time is crawling!

#3 Ksout

Posted 18 April 2017 - 12:16 PM

Waiting for my 12 week scan tomorrow. I'm 12+5 today. Had my booking in appointment at the hospital this morning which was a bit surreal still. After spending so long trying and with all the ivf stuff to finally be booking, it's actually real and it's actually happening.

Thankfully the morning sickness seems to have disappeared in the last week. I'm starting to have trouble falling asleep and staying asleep though. Anyone have any suggestions?

#4 Ninja.Ivy

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:47 PM

Good luck for your scan on Thursday Shiv7897, let us know how you go!

How was your scan today Ksout?

Sorry to hear you aren't sleeping well. I have gone through phases like that, but not much advice sorry - it went away eventually on its own, I think it's a hormone thing?

I'm not sleeping great either, at the moment I'm waking up almost every hour (not exaggerating) to go to the toilet. It's ridiculous! Hate to think what the 3rd trimester will be like.

Overall though I'm finally starting to feel human again which is nice.

Just hanging out for the 20 week scan - time is going SO slowly!

#5 Ksout

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:19 PM

Thanks Ninja! Our scan went beautifully. We have a very healthy wriggly ninja in there who wouldn't stay still for the scan lol. Very happy. Won't find out my NT results until my next hospital app in May but they said the NT space was super small so it's looking good.

It was such a relief to see a moving baby in there I cried. I hadn't realised just how nervous I was feeling that it wouldn't be the case. No idea why either. I've not had any inkling that anything should have been wrong.

We booked our 19 week scan in while we were there which is on 2/6. We decided we're going to take our 13yr old with us so he can start feeling a bit more involved. I think he's going to get a real kick out of it.

Yeah I'm assuming the sleeping troubles are hormone related. Hopefully it will settle down. I'm usually up to the loo twice a night as well.

It's nice that I can finally stop trying to hide my belly. It's been big since the FET and it's never gone away. I'm legitimately pregnant lol. Please tell me I'm not the only one who feels like that haha.

Plus they weighed me again this morning and I'm still the same as I was when I was 4 weeks. I'm guessing that's a good thing? My appetite is slowly starting to come back too.

Good luck for tomorrow Shiv!

#6 Shiv7897

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:50 PM

I know what you mean about the big belly ksout - mine's been permanent swollen since ivf as well, and I'm not sure what's baby bump and what's hormones!

#7 Ninja.Ivy

Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:07 PM

Fantastic news Ksout!! Such a relief to see them wiggling away in there.

My bloating has gone down in the last week or so and my bump has all but disappeared - I thought at least some of it was baby but apparently not!? Got me a bit paranoid but as I heard the heartbeat just a week ago, I'm hoping everything is ok and I'm just a late 'popper'.

#8 RoseBudd

Posted 19 April 2017 - 11:33 PM

Hi Ladies!!
I'm a newbie here, due with my #2 October 23rd, currently 13w 3d

#9 RoseBudd

Posted 19 April 2017 - 11:44 PM

I should probably introduce myself better as I'm a little late in the piece.
My son is currently 11mo, and will be 18m by the time my new little babes  arrives.  I'm nervous but excited about the close and gap  but more than anything grateful that we convinced so quickly this time as my son took almost 9 months ( we all know how crazy it can get when you're watching your ovulation). I'm from SA, quite the socialite so looking forward to hearing from you all more. If anyone knows of 'another way' of chatting with you girls please PM me :)

#10 RoseBudd

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:50 AM

Good luck today at Shiv! What time is your scan?

#11 Shiv7897

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:55 AM

11.15am :)

#12 RoseBudd

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:01 AM

Good luck! Look forward to hearing how you go. I'm positive everything will be fantastic, although I'm sure you're a nervous mess atm like I was before my scan x

#13 yetanotherredhead

Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:45 PM

So good to see so many lovely updates in here (it's been a while since I've visited!).

Finally decided to take some meds for nausea ... just started today so I'm hoping it improves soon.

Our scan went beautifully. I feel like we have honestly won the lottery.

Lots of wishes to everyone.

#14 Shiv7897

Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:14 PM

Scan went well, amazing to see baby flipping/rolling and waving :)

#15 RoseBudd

Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:14 PM

That's great news!

#16 Shiv7897

Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:53 PM

Rose sent you a message on Fb as well

#17 kSel86

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:35 AM

Hey hey everyone! So good to see everyone is traveling along smoothly! Heaps of scans happening, its always such a relief when u see movement hey!

Welcome Rosebudd!

Im still plotting along, have really popped out lately though can still sleep comfortably on my belly which i thought would be gone by now. Am 16+ weeks now. Im still struggling to realax though. Trying so hard to be positive and believe i will actually have another child but its hard after last years loss. I keep expecting to go to next appointment (which is ages away) and them find nothing even though we had a prefectly healthy scan at 12 weeks. How about everyone else? How are those who have had losses coping? Got any tips?

#18 yetanotherredhead

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:02 AM

Hi kSel86.

16+weeks is awesome news!! Well done to you.

We've had two previous losses and I try so hard to remain positive but an cautious at the same stage.

It is hard. Especially when others are nothing but positive.

We are just trying to literally focus one-day-at-a-time. Corny and cliche (I know!) but it seems to help keep me focused.

Oh... and lots of hugs and love too. That always helps.

I give myself permission to feel sad about my previous losses too. I feel like I can now respect what an impact they've had on me.

I hope this makes sense and is a little helpful.

Lots of love and relaxation sent your way.

#19 Pigling_

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:30 PM

Hi all!

Lovely to hear all the great news about scans, very exciting that most people are at that stage now. So sorry a couple of you are having a difficult time remaining positive, I like your advice yetanotherredhead. I'm staying quite positive for the most part but still have my moments of doubt which I'm sure is normal. I still haven't bought baby anything yet as it feels too soon!

I'm 16+1 today and very excited to get to this point! Feeling well in general and definitely have a little tummy which makes things feel real. I can still lie on my tummy at night but it is quite uncomfortable, feels like everything inside is being squashed!

We have started looking at baby stuff though and have pretty much decided on a pram which we took for a spin while we were away over easter (and near bigger shops). So that's exciting! I have spent the last few evenings researching cloth nappies/mcn's - boy is that a giant wormhole!

Dr and OB appointments in the next 2 weeks and will book in my morphology scan too - they prefer to do it at 20 weeks here so we will go in around that time.

Hope you are all well!

#20 Ninja.Ivy

Posted 28 April 2017 - 09:50 AM

How is everyone going?

I'm 17+5 now and still only have a tiny little bump - but still had a crisis this morning - casual clothes day at work and realised at the last minute that most of my jeans don't fit anymore :omg: Whoops.

Hospital couldn't fit me in for the morphology scan until 21+3, so I booked in for a gender scan tomorrow morning - nervous and excited, hope bub behaves better than at the 12 week scan when they had their legs crossed the whole time!

#21 NiNi8

Posted 28 April 2017 - 11:20 AM

Hi everyone, hope you are all travelling well?

I am 14+4 today and finally told my work the news after weeks of stressing over it (my boss is not the most approachable person sometimes!) but to my intense relief he was so happy and great with the news. It now feels 'real' because I can finally talk about it openly and not try to hide anything.

I definitely feel as though i've entered the 'honeymoon trimester', the nausea has eased and I have more energy than I've had in months. It's going to be a long wait until our next scan, I can't wait to find out if we are having a little girl or boy!

#22 kSel86

Posted 29 April 2017 - 09:10 AM

Good luck today Ninja! Hope bub plays nice and lets you see what they are!

Im going alright, extreamly tired atm, all i seem to do is work, clean, cook and sleep (but not as much as i need/want!). Am really able to feel the bump now when laying down. Almost up to bellybutton which is about right, am 17 weeks mow. Anyone starting to feel the flutters of movement yet? Have told all the family and friends now as we see them so its starting to become public knowledge now. Am getting quite a bump so everyone will start to work it out soon for sure!

How is everuone else going?

#23 Ksout

Posted 01 May 2017 - 02:20 PM

Doing alright here. 14+4 today and plodding along. Next hospital app isn't til 22nd with the OB to have a discussion I think. The midwife wasn't super clear about it. I'm going to go through the local antenatal clinic at the public hospital.

Just hanging out now until our scan on 2/6. We can't wait to find out what we're having. We're going to take our 13yr old so he can start feeling a bit more involved. I think he's going to love it.

I did a big clean up in my wardrobe last night as we only have a 3 br house and baby's room is currently filled with hubby's computer desk and random junk. His desk is going to move into our room so I went through and packed away all my pretty dresses and clothes I won't be wearing for a while and vac packed them. Pulled out the maternity stuff I've collected so far and hung it up. Officially in maternity pants at work now. Still able to wear stretchy loose pants at home for the moment. Also said goodbye to my underwire bras :( They were just too uncomfortable.

Hope everyone else is doing well too :)

#24 GCBec

Posted 22 May 2017 - 06:15 PM

Hey all.

We're all so quiet in here! How's everyone feeling?
I still don't feel pregnant... 17 weeks +1 day. So bizarre. Boobs don't hurt anymore, woo hoo! I was overweight to begin with, so if there is a bump growing it's virtually indistinguishable from my pre-existing gut, haha. I've actually lost about 8 or 9kg since I fell pregnant just through being really careful with what I eat. Pretty stoked about that, as are my doctors!

#25 Ksout

Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:26 PM

I think they've all disappeared to the group on the book of Face. Looks like you're a couple days behind me GCBec. I'm 17+5 today.

My boobs are always sore these days lol but I found a couple of super comfy maternity bras at kmart for $10 each I think and they're fab.

OB app at the hospital yesterday went well. Got to see a quick glimpse of bub and the little heart beating away which was a nice surprise as I was expecting to hear it. Still counting down the days til next friday for our 19w scan.

We're pretty positive it's a girl but can't wait to find out for sure.

I'm definitely in full maternity wear now lol. No hope of my old clothes fitting but after our long journey to get here I am absolutely ok with that.

This might only make sense for the IVF ladies but it still feels so surreal seeing my belly, and bub on the screen and knowing that it's finally real. That we are actually having a little precious new life after everything we've been through, it truly is a miracle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.