Clomid & OI #128

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#51 Phoebeandme

Posted 02 May 2017 - 04:53 PM

Hi Ladies,

Is it ok if I join this group? I had my first ever FS appointment today and was prescribed letrozole. I am 32 and have PCOS. Hubby and I have been trying for 12 months, I usually have slightly irregular cycles (30-40 days).

I was surprised to be given a script on my first appointment. The FS told me to start taking them tonight even though I am cycle day 11. He said "oh well you probably usually ovulate late anyway so it can't hurt!" I am due for an USS in a week.

Is anyone else on letrozole (Femara)? Has anyone started taking it so late in their cycle?

I am slightly alarmed at the risk of multiple pregnancy with letrozole and PCOS. Also he told me my AMH was high at 45. Very excited to get started on this journey though.

Evie x

#52 blue_wren

Posted 02 May 2017 - 07:29 PM

Hi Evie, welcome! It's pretty quiet in here so it's great to have someone new :)

I had a similar story to you - irregular cycles (40+ days), PCOS, and was 37 when I started on Letrozole.

I think it's unusual to start so late (the latest I've heard is CD5?) but I guess it wouldn't hurt?

I don't tend to worry about the multiples thing - my FS is super cautious about it but doesn't seem to think it's very likely (even though I'm older and it's more common in old ladies like me, lol). Although we've been TTC for 18 months so I think I'm just ready for anything to happen! (Only letrozole for 6 months of that though).

FIngers crossed for you - some people have luck straight away so let's hope you're one of them!

#53 megwyn

Posted 03 May 2017 - 05:52 PM

Welcome! I wouldn't stress about multiples. I'm waiting to see how my second cycle on Femara turns out.

#54 jb_85

Posted 04 May 2017 - 08:10 PM

Welcome Evie, I have only ever taken clomid so can't help there and with multiples they will generally scan you and tell you the risk, with all 6 clomid cycles I did I had 3 where there was a double chance but no baby to date. I'm in limbo at the moment we aren't moving onto iui but had to do all the paperwork and police checks and counselling that they make you do for ivf, which is booked in 3 weeks time. In the meantime I am enjoying  couple of months off the ttc roller coaster, however I had a 28 day cycle last month which was exciting. I hope your stay is short and sweet

#55 Phoebeandme

Posted 14 May 2017 - 08:55 AM

Thank you ladies for the warm welcomes!

Edited by EvieLouise85, 14 May 2017 - 08:58 AM.

#56 Phoebeandme

Posted 14 May 2017 - 08:57 AM

Just a quick question for those ladies taking letrozole. Did you get EWCM or other signs of ovulation? So far I've had nothing...this is an unmonitored cycle for me due to being interstate at a conference. The FS told me to just go for it as he believed risk of multiples was quite low really.

Also how long did your FS leave you on letrozole before considering other options? 6 months seems a long time. Maybe I am just impatient though :)

Evie x

Edited by EvieLouise85, 14 May 2017 - 08:58 AM.

#57 megwyn

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:10 PM

I seem to have a slightly stickier mucus about three days after finishing the letrazole. And some random stabbing throughout the month. I can't pinpoint it to ovulation though as there doesn't seem to be any link to a time.

I've been unmonitored for 3 months now due to distance. My FS didn't even mention multiples so I figure unmonitored is fine. I don't know how long before we swap over to more invasive methods but we don't want to wait too long with our ages.

#58 IamOzgirl

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:21 PM

Hi All,

After my 2nd FS appt yesterday i am now joining you ladies in the AC section.

I am 38yo trying for #1, only been trying for 6mths but didn't want to wait any more, never even came close to having a pregnancies or even a scare before.

I have been off the pill and charting for about 10 cycles and TTC for Since Dec last year.

I have had super short (21cd) and 26/27 day cycles. So also supplementing with progesterone pessaries.

At this stage we are going to try for 2mths before moving on to IVF (gulp).

#59 megwyn

Posted 20 May 2017 - 09:01 PM

Welcome. Hope you're not here for long!

#60 Birdie11

Posted 20 May 2017 - 10:33 PM

Ozzgirl... I'm not in this thread but am doing a little stalking. I replied to your comment in a different thread about endometriosis. Good luck!! And I hope you don't need to, but if you do end up doing IvF, jump on over into our buddy group "Ready set go girls".

#61 IamOzgirl

Posted 21 May 2017 - 11:35 AM

Hi Birdie,

Yes I remember you, there is still a chance it's endo. my FS gave me 3 choices. Clomid, surgery/clean up or straight to IVF.

Thought to try for a few months to take advantage of the increase in fertility from my Hycosy.

Just not sure if to do surgery and check for endo before starting IVf.

#62 Phoebeandme

Posted 24 May 2017 - 12:10 PM

Hello ladies,

Well I am out for this month. I just started AF (first cycle of letrozole). I went unmonitored this month, but didn't really feel any signs of ovulation. The good news was that my cycle was only 32 days which is great for me! I'll start again with 2.5mg tomorrow and get an USS this time on day 10.

How is everybody else going?

Evie x

#63 ttc_hopeful

Posted 25 May 2017 - 12:57 PM

Hi!

I am new to this site and am actually using clomid (started today) to go with IUI, however, the thread seems to be old for IUI.

Can anyone assist me on creating a new thread for IUI or where can I go to discuss?

Thanks and sorry!

#64 megwyn

Posted 27 May 2017 - 10:24 PM

I'm on my third unmonitored cycle. I never have any idea if I've ovulated. Dr put my letrazole up to 5mg.

#65 ttc_hopeful

Posted 29 May 2017 - 10:15 AM

Hi ladies
This is my first time on clomid, what CD did you ovulate? Was it early or late?
Thanks!

#66 megwyn

Posted 02 June 2017 - 07:05 PM

I'm on femara and have no idea when I ovulate but my cycle is getting shorter if that helps

#67 IamOzgirl

Posted 05 June 2017 - 12:34 PM

Hi Hopeful,

I O on CD14 which is pretty 'normal' for me.

I temped to make sure.

MY FS didn't seem to care just told us to BD days 11 - 17 and hope for the best!

#68 Phoebeandme

Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:19 AM

Cycle 2 of Femara 5mg for me, currently day 14. I had an USS this morning and no sign of ovulation. Feeling a bit frustrated :(

#69 megwyn

Posted 08 June 2017 - 10:50 PM

:( Grrr on your behalf. This waiting sucks.

#70 Phoebeandme

Posted 11 June 2017 - 05:28 PM

Thanks Megwyn.

I have another USS on Tuesday along with bloods so I guess I can see if anything has happened. If not this will be the second cycle on Femara with no ovulation. Has anybody else not ovulated on Femara?

I know that it's early days for me still but I can't help but feel that OI is just so unpredictable and also has such low monthly % chance of pregnancy. I know that IVF is so much more invasive (and costly), but I feel like at least I would feel slightly more in control. Does anyone else feel this way?

How is everybody else going?

Evie x

#71 megwyn

Posted 12 June 2017 - 09:40 PM

We've done 4 cycles on Femara and we're unmonitored so I don't know. Our wedding is in July but then I think we're going to switch over to IVF. OI is hard as it is basically just giving it a go and seeing what happens.

#72 IamOzgirl

Posted 15 June 2017 - 10:34 AM

So first round of Clomid wasn't a success.

Man you have to pick yourself up pretty quick... no mopping when i realised today (AF came yesterday) i have to start my next dose!

Megwyn... I will be going straight to IVF next month.

#73 Phoebeandme

Posted 25 June 2017 - 07:29 PM

How is everybody going?

Ozgirl - how was your round of clomid? You must be in the 2ww now am I right??

Megwyn - wow getting married next month! Congratulations!! Planning a wedding and TTC must be fairly stressful all at once. I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

I have started another cycle of letrozole at 7.5mg yesterday. Highest dose my FS will do. We will see if i ovulate this time!

Evie x

#74 IamOzgirl

Posted 25 June 2017 - 08:19 PM

hi evie

Not quite there yet, just entered my fertile period, so it's game on!

Feeling really weird with this cycle though, not sure why.

#75 megwyn

Posted 28 June 2017 - 01:38 AM

Thanks. It's a pretty stressful time I'm not gonna lie. But all will be worth it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.