Clomid & OI #128

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#26 arayofsunshine

Posted 03 March 2017 - 11:52 AM

Thank you Mrs Pemberley and Blue_Wren. I think it was in the older Clomid Post. I must have written it right before it was closed. An introduction will be great thanks. I can copy over my comment?

#27 megwyn

Posted 03 March 2017 - 11:57 PM

Mrs P - I would have cried too. Find the problem and fix it!

#28 Mrs Pemberley

Posted 04 March 2017 - 09:37 AM

I can't see it on the old thread either arayofsunshine - feel free to re-post! How's this month going for you?

Hi megwyn! How are you doing? Thanks for the sympathy, my urge to chuck a massive adult tantrum is really very strong!

#29 megwyn

Posted 05 March 2017 - 08:22 AM

Absolutely nothing wrong with an occasional adult tantrum!

#30 blue_wren

Posted 06 March 2017 - 10:47 AM

Hope the FS appt goes well today Mrs P!

My period was a week late and I still had weird symptoms (main one was mega sore boobs) so I went to the dr for a test (had a BFN at home but a friend didn't get a BFP on home tests and turned out to be 6 weeks pregnant, so I thought *maybe* it had happened to me too?). Anyway, it was negative, then I got my period on the weekend. My one month off Clomid and my body immediately reverts to the old long/irregular cycles. Back on the meds now!

Onwards and upwards ... really hoping March is the month for us all! (Can you imagine if it happened for us all at once?!!)

#31 Mrs Pemberley

Posted 06 March 2017 - 01:32 PM

Sorry your cycle was so painfully drawn out blue_wren. FX this month is the month!

FS appointment was a mixed bag this morning. The laparoscopy results were all clear as I was told last week, and the endometrial biopsy was normal (and I apparently ovulated all on my own!). DH's SA was negative for antibodies, but the normal sperm count was much lower than the previous - and below the reference range. So the FS has recommended IVF with ICSI.

We'll just wait for AF in the next couple of days, and then we'll get started.

So I guess I'll head over to the IVF forum now but I'm going to keep lurking because I'd dearly love to see you all get your BFPs very very soon. Wishing you all so much baby dust xx

#32 jb_85

Posted 06 March 2017 - 03:33 PM

This 2ww is flying, I didn't end up doing day 21 progesterone because I am pretty sure I ovulated and the FS forgot to give me the blood test referral. I actually need to make an appointment with her this week to discuss next steps if this cycle doesn't work, will be testing Saturday morning which will be 12dpo as I have a wedding and I want to either not drink or drown my sorrows. Haven't been symptom spotting because I have had no symptoms I feel like it didn't work but we just have to wait.
How did your appointment with the FS go?

#33 jb_85

Posted 06 March 2017 - 04:34 PM

This 2ww is flying, I didn't end up doing day 21 progesterone because I am pretty sure I ovulated and the FS forgot to give me the blood test referral. I actually need to make an appointment with her this week to discuss next steps if this cycle doesn't work, will be testing Saturday morning which will be 12dpo as I have a wedding and I want to either not drink or drown my sorrows. Haven't been symptom spotting because I have had no symptoms I feel like it didn't work but we just have to wait.
How did your appointment with the FS go?

#34 jb_85

Posted 07 March 2017 - 06:25 PM

Quick question Mrs P, how much did your gonal f meds cost? Saw the FS today and if this cycle fails we are onto injections and iui and I'm trying to get my head around costs

#35 Mrs Pemberley

Posted 07 March 2017 - 07:17 PM

Hey jb! FX you won't need any injections! The gonal f is fairly cheap, I think it was $38 for 3 pens, and I found I was using 1 and a bit pens per cycle. The pregnyl for trigger and luteal support was a little more expensive but still under $70.

I know with my clinic though if you are doing IUI, the meds are included in your cycle fee after a co-payment of $38. I'm still trying to get my head around the costs for IVF, but I've found the Patient Liaison ladies to be wonderful for answering all my cost related questions. Have you got something like that at your clinic?

#36 megwyn

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:18 PM

So how does this work when you're not regular and you just have to wait for day one?  Day 40 and counting.

#37 arayofsunshine

Posted 14 March 2017 - 08:52 AM

Good news on my end :) 3rd cycle on clomid 200mg worked! I'm now 5 weeks pregnant with #2 yay! Don't give up hope it will happen :BFP:

#38 blue_wren

Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:37 PM

View Postmegwyn, on 13 March 2017 - 09:18 PM, said:

So how does this work when you're not regular and you just have to wait for day one?  Day 40 and counting.

It SUCKS and you just have to wait. At least that's what they made me do anyway. (Sorry to be the bearer of crappy news :( )

View Postarayofsunshine, on 14 March 2017 - 08:52 AM, said:

Good news on my end :) 3rd cycle on clomid 200mg worked! I'm now 5 weeks pregnant with #2 yay! Don't give up hope it will happen :BFP:

Wow, that's excellent news! Your stay with us was very short and sweet. I'm very happy to hear that it does work - our track record wasn't the best in this group, but hopefully this will be the start of a rush of BFPs! Congrats :)

#39 Wango

Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:49 PM

View Postmegwyn, on 13 March 2017 - 09:18 PM, said:

Hi, I graduated from here a while back.   I had the same issue and was prescribed provera to bring my period on.   I would only have 1 or 2 periods a year so it was impractical to wait for CD1.   Maybe check with your FS to see if this is an option for you?

#40 megwyn

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:09 PM

It started today. I know I have to wait I was just venting. If it had gone for much longer I would have asked what I could do.

So I'm finally completely on this journey.

Congrats to you with your BFP

#41 Mrs Pemberley

Posted 14 March 2017 - 07:21 PM

Congratulations arayofsunshine! About time there was a BFP here! Wishing you a boring 8 months :-)

#42 AdelTwins

Posted 14 March 2017 - 07:42 PM

Hi ladies, sorry I have been so quiet. Just wanted to let you know that I am 16w with a singleton. We had a scare at the 12w scan, but everything seems to be going OK so far. I'm still really anxious and not enjoying this pregnancy at all... but it might just work this time.

Wishing you all the best. Clomid really is an awesome drug.

#43 megwyn

Posted 15 March 2017 - 07:21 AM

Congrats!

#44 megwyn

Posted 15 March 2017 - 07:23 AM

Ok.  I've taken two letrozole tablets. This sucks. I mean I'm happy I'm being proactive and doing something finally but man the headaches and hot flushes.  It'll be worth it in the end right?  (I'm just woe is me venting,  I'm actually happy I'm doing it)

#45 Mrs Pemberley

Posted 15 March 2017 - 08:43 AM

And another one! Congratulations AdelTwins!

The hot flushes are shocking aren't they megwyn? It will totally be worth it in the end, just don't wear too many layers in the meantime!

#46 arayofsunshine

Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:28 AM

View PostMrs Pemberley, on 14 March 2017 - 07:21 PM, said:

Congratulations arayofsunshine! About time there was a BFP here! Wishing you a boring 8 months :-)

Thank you!

#47 blue_wren

Posted 15 March 2017 - 02:51 PM

Glad it sorted itself out before you needed more intervention megwyn. Here's to the start of regular cycles! (Or hopefully none because it works first time :) )

And congrats Adeltwins - that is wonderful news too! Fingers crossed it's all smooth sailing from here - I'm sure it will be :)

#48 megwyn

Posted 27 March 2017 - 10:58 PM

Can anyone tell me how they know they ovulated or not?  I'm unsupervised this round so only one blood test on day 21. I've had some pain in one side today and yesterday which I never get. I'm not trying to read anything into it. Temping doesn't work for me as I'm on a cpap machine and it affects my temp.

#49 blue_wren

Posted 29 March 2017 - 10:53 AM

I'm not much help, I'm sorry Megwyn, I never know. I have had stronger symptoms since starting on the Letrozole though - pain around the left ovary on the day I *think* I'm ovulating, and bloating? But of course those are also the days I'm super sensitive and think everything is a sign so maybe not.

I did a test today, I really should have waited til the weekend as AF is due on Monday, but couldn't resist. BFN of course. I'll try to wait til at least Friday for the next one!

How is everyone else going?

#50 megwyn

Posted 29 March 2017 - 09:52 PM

That's ok. I never know either.  Sorry about your bfn. I hope when you do it again it's more what you want

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.