Clomid & OI #128

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#1 ~Mintie~

Posted 02 February 2017 - 09:12 PM

New thread time ladies. Here's the link to your old thread.

Cheers,
~Mintie~

#2 jb_85

Posted 04 February 2017 - 09:54 AM

Gold
How is everybody going? I am still in the 2ww but since I have no idea when I ovulated I don't know when to expect AF, I have a general feeling I am out this cycl.
On top of that I have been feeling really down the past couple of days I keep thinking what if this doesn't work, what if we can't ever have kids, I know we still have other options to explore but it's still something in the back of my mind? Do any of you ladies ever feel like this

#3 Mrs Pemberley

Posted 04 February 2017 - 12:29 PM

Silver!

Absolutely I do jb. My biggest frustration is that because they can't find a real reason for our infertility, there's no reason why clomid didn't work for us, and why the injections haven't worked yet. So sometimes I do think, maybe there's no point continuing. But we do. Because we want a baby. And I need to know that I've done everything to have a baby that I can.

I hope you start to feel a bit better again soon jb. You would have been expected to ovulate 7 days prior to your BT, that's when they test. So you'd be a fair way in to your TWW now. Are you seeing your FS on Monday?

AFM, 14dpo now. Could have done a HPT this morning but decided not to because I didn't want to be an emotional wreck before my night shift tonight. I'll probably hold out until Monday, at least then I know AF is late so the HPT will be accurate.

#4 Mrs Pemberley

Posted 05 February 2017 - 12:20 PM

BFN for me. Didn't really expect a different result, but it's still hard to see it.

#5 jb_85

Posted 06 February 2017 - 04:02 PM

Ohh Mrs P I'm so sorry and it's always hard to see that one line even when your expecting it. Will you just wait for the lap now?
AFM I saw the FS this afternoon, progesterone cane back at 44 with AF due at the end of the week. One more clinic cycle left after this and then we reasses

#6 Mrs Pemberley

Posted 07 February 2017 - 09:26 AM

That's a good progesterone result jb! When will you test?

Yes, I'll just wait for my lap now. I'm actually a little excited about having a month off, we've done 3 clomid and 3 OI cycles back-to-back so it's nice to give my body a break. We're heading off on a cruise on Saturday which will do DH and I the world of good, and then the lap is scheduled for the 28/2.

#7 jb_85

Posted 07 February 2017 - 11:59 AM

Will prob wait until Sunday, based on a 28 day cycle AF is due Friday
Having a month off is really nice, I enjoyed the not doing anything for a month. I hope you guys enjoy the cruise

#8 blue_wren

Posted 07 February 2017 - 07:24 PM

Hi ladies, I found you! (Was so confused when the old thread wasn't letting me reply, lol.)

JB - I totally understand about thinking it might never happen. I've already adjusted from thinking we'll have two kids to now trying to not be disappointed with only having one, but there are definitely moments of worrying that might not happen. It's my 38th birthday in a few weeks and it's all really getting to me :(

And like Mrs P - the whole unexplained infertility thing makes it so crappy. There's no reason why it hasn't worked. I had a MC so technically it *can* happen, but that one didn't work so my body just has no idea what it's doing. ARGH.

I saw the FS today and I'm having a break this month then a few more months on letrozole (non monitored) before IVF. She seems so positive that it will happen without IVF. I'm just not so sure.

ANYWAY - enjoy the cruise Mrs P! Where are you headed? I love cruising, I'm so jealous! I'm sorry to hear about the BFN but ypu'll have an amazing time.

#9 Mrs Pemberley

Posted 08 February 2017 - 09:03 AM

It does get confusing when they open a new thread!

Welcome to the break club blue_wren! The way I like to think of it, is that my FS is way more experienced in this stuff than I am. So if she's optimistic, I can be too (even if that's a hard thing to do when I get a BFN). Have you got Birthday plans?

We're cruising to New Caledonia, Vanuatu and Fiji. We've cruised before and loved it so I'm very excited to go again!

#10 jb_85

Posted 09 February 2017 - 11:01 AM

I hate the last few days of the 2ww, every thine I go to the bathroom I am to scared to look.
CD 28, I still have no idea when I ovulated but if my progesterone was fine on day 21 then I assume someday around day 14.
I actually feel sick in the stomach arghhhh
If this cycle is anything like the last one I will start spotting tonight and AF will appear tomorrow. I want a fast forward button

#11 Mrs Pemberley

Posted 09 February 2017 - 12:13 PM

Keeping everything crossed for you that AF stays away jb!

#12 jb_85

Posted 09 February 2017 - 07:31 PM

Couldn't hold out did a test bfn, taking it okay I guess I wait for AF now and we do our last clomid cycle

#13 Mrs Pemberley

Posted 09 February 2017 - 10:38 PM

Sorry jb. It doesn't get any easier. Take care of yourself xx

#14 megwyn

Posted 10 February 2017 - 03:28 PM

That sucks. Sorry

#15 blue_wren

Posted 23 February 2017 - 12:49 PM

So sorry to hear that JB, I was so hoping I"d come back to some great news from you :(

I guess Mrs P is cruising ATM - jealous! (even though I'm just back from mu US holiday myself - got the back-to-work blues!)

It's my birthday on Saturday (DH and I are turning 38 on the same day) and AF is due on Monday. We're going out for drinks on Sat night so I want to do a test beforehand. That way at least if it's a BFN I can console myself with lots of champers. I want to wait for Sat to do it but knowing me I'll crack before that :/

Not really feeling PG so I'm pretty confident it's a no this month. Flying messed up my dates and I had a UTI so not sure we got it right.

Also I saw my FS before we went and she said we can have a few more months on Letrozole, so that's something. You're stuck with me for a while longer ;)

#16 Mrs Pemberley

Posted 23 February 2017 - 02:56 PM

Hi ladies!

I'm fresh back from my cruise, looks like it's been pretty quiet here while I've been gone.

Happy Birthday for Saturday blue_wren! Keeping my FX for you that there won't be any champers on the weekend ;-) I love that you and DH are sharing are Birthday! What are the odds of that?

I'm off to see my FS for my pre-op appointment tomorrow morning. I've had a really good break and looking forward to getting stuck in to the next phase of our TTC journey.  

Wishing you all loads of baby dust, it's been far too long since we've had a BFP in here!

#17 arayofsunshine

Posted 24 February 2017 - 03:00 PM

Looks like my hello post is now gone hehe.

Hello to all! How's everyone going with Clomid? What cycle number is this and what dosage are you on for Clomid?

#18 Mrs Pemberley

Posted 24 February 2017 - 04:29 PM

Welcome arayofsunshine! I can't see your hello post, it must have disappeared. Do you want to tell us about yourself again?

I'm in a funny limbo land at the moment. I've done 6 clomid rounds (50mg and then 100mg) and then 3 rounds of OI with injectables. I'm having a laparoscopy/hysteroscopy/endometrial biopsy/tubal patency on Tuesday, and then working out a new plan from there.

#19 blue_wren

Posted 26 February 2017 - 08:19 PM

Hi arayofsunshine - welcome!

I'm on Letrozole - I've done 3 months, had a break this month, now have another few to go. FS said I can do 3 more months on it but we've been trying for around 16 months (with a MC thrown in) so if it hasn't happened by April we'll be trying ivf.

Thanks for the birthday well wishes, Mrs P! Yeah, so random that we have the same birthday - I'm a few hours older so he likes to tease abpout me being older, ha. I had a BFN yesterday morning so had a few drinks (understatement!) yesterday and am feeling it today!

Good luck with the test on Tuesday - hopefully it will find some answers for you.

#20 jb_85

Posted 27 February 2017 - 02:48 PM

Good luck tomorrow Mrs P hoping that everything goes smoothly.
Welcome arayofsunshine hopefully your stay is short and sweet.
I hope you have a lovely birthday blue wren
AFM I am cd17 today I based on cramping I reckon I have either ovulated today or will tomorrow. I'm supposed to have my progesterone checked at cd21 but since I o'd so late should I post phone my progesterone for 7 days post o?
This is our last clomid cycle so next appointment with the fs will be to discuss next steps which I think will involve injectibles and iui which I am relieved about since the clomid has totally dried up my cm and I reckon the sperm are probably not making it to the egg

#21 blue_wren

Posted 28 February 2017 - 03:11 PM

Hmm, good question about the progesterone check jb. I would probably call and ask my nurses but not sure if you have the same kind of set up where you can ring and ask that kind of thing? Hopefully this will be the last clomid round because it works for you! I know what you mean about the CM - this is my first round off it for a while and you can totally tell the difference.

Still no period and my boobs are killing me, but got another bfn today. I never used to get premenstrual sore boobs but since my pregnancy/MC it happens every month. It's extra annoying because that was the biggest sign of being knocked up, so now every time I think "maybe it's a symptom of pregnancy!" but nope, just my hormones being crazy :/

This weekend would have been my due date so things are particularly not fun at the moment. My 4 friends who got pregnant at the same time as me are having their babies :( My husband doesn't really "get" why it upsets me so much (he thinks we should just look forward and be positive) so it's tough.

#22 jb_85

Posted 01 March 2017 - 09:04 AM

I dont have a setup where I can call a nurse, I need to call the receptionist anyway because the doctor forgot to give me the referral for the blood test.
I try to ignore every potential pregnancy symptom which is easier for the first 1.5 weeks but gets tricky in those last few days, although my nipples have been sensitive since yesterday which is only 1dpo no idea what is going on there.
Due dates are really hard, we had ours in January and on the day I had partially forgot until one of my friends messaged me to see how I was doing, cue the break down, also these are the sane best friends who also fell pregnant last year so I know exacty how you feel, I told them that I just needed some friend on friend tike without their babies because it was to hard at that time which they totally understood and were amazing about.
I dont think husbands understand it, mine just tells me not to think about it and move on but that's never going I happen, I guess it was different for them because they weren't the ones that were carrying the baby and physically had to go through this horrible thing. I hope you took some you time to be sad about it

#23 Mrs Pemberley

Posted 01 March 2017 - 10:39 AM

Sending hugs to you both jb & blue_wren. I can't imagine what it must be like to lose a baby. I hope you're both being kind to yourselves and your DHs are giving you the support you need.

Surgery went well yesterday. FS said everything looks normal. So I'm possibly the only person to cry when being told that I'm healthy because I just really wanted a reason why I'm not pregnant. Feeling emotionally better today, but walking around the house like an old lady. I'm meeting my FS on Monday to discuss next steps. DH did an SA for antibodies yesterday and we're waiting on my endometrial biopsy result too, but otherwise we're firmly in the unexplained infertility group.

#24 blue_wren

Posted 01 March 2017 - 02:28 PM

Mrs P, I know how you feel! It's a very weird feeling to be told "everything looks good" and you want to throw a tantie in response. Just find the problem and fix it, goddamn it! :cry:

Also I forgot to say - I"m glad you enjoyed your cruise!

And jb, it's reassuring to know it's not just my DH. Ah, men. I'm glad your friends were good about it, it's a hard time to go through. Makes you even more conscious of all the time that's passed without a healthy baby, sigh. I felt a bit silly being sad but thank you for saying that, I feel like now I'm kind of "allowed" to be a bit sad for a little while. Thank you :bighug:

#25 Mrs Pemberley

Posted 03 March 2017 - 10:30 AM

How's the 2WW going jb? Staying sane?

How are you going blue_wren? Has AF shown up yet?

My recovery is going along well. Feeling ready to start engaging with society again today. Just anxiously waiting for Monday now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.