Feb 2WW

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#1 ~Mintie~

Posted 02 February 2017 - 09:06 PM

Good luck ladies, I hope this is your lucky month!

Cheers,
~Mintie~

#2 Ksout

Posted 10 February 2017 - 01:42 PM

2 days into my 2ww. Trying not to think about it.

This is our fifth cycle and our last attempt. Hoping it will be our lucky last. Good luck to all of the other ladies in 2ww too :)

BT on the 21st so here's hoping it rolls around quickly.

#3 Animal Lover

Posted 11 February 2017 - 10:31 AM

Ksout, ive been lurking in the RSGG thread but post mostly in the PGD thread.

My fingers are crossed for you! How are you feeling?

#4 Birdie11

Posted 12 February 2017 - 06:47 PM

Ohhh Ksout I have my fingers crossed for you.

After a failed ET last month, we are trying naturally while our money builds up to try again. I haven't go a positive on my OPK yet, but there is a faint line. So I assume it will be soon. And then I'll be in the 2ww again. Although chances are super slim I'm trying to stay positive.

What is RSGG?

#5 riseuptig3r

Posted 13 February 2017 - 10:05 AM

Ksout, how are you doing?
There should be a few of us joining you in the next couple of days. My transfer is on Wednesday. Started the progesterone pessaries last night, forgot how gross they feel! Hope you are doing well!

Birdie, RSGG = Ready Set Go Girls

#6 Birdie11

Posted 13 February 2017 - 12:41 PM

Oh thanks for that. I have seen the acronym list but some aren't in there. And it's hard to remember them all. ☺

As I said in an earlier post, we can't afford another IVF for a few months. And I know he doctors say my chance of natural conception is less than 1% but I have to give it a go while we wait for IVF anyway right?? So.... I bought the digital OPK today as the non- digital yesterday showed a faint line. I've never gotten a positive result (or any faint lines either)  from a non-digital OPK. After a friend advised I try the digital one I bought a pack today for double the price, and just did it. It showed a positive. Peak ovulation for me ATM- so called the other half and told him to come home from work right now (sorry if TMI) Hehe!
I'm going to be in the 2ww this month also, but not for assisted. Can I still stay in this group?

#7 furbaby

Posted 13 February 2017 - 12:49 PM

Tagging into this group, am officially PUPO!

Ksout how are you getting on?

Birdie, of course you can stay in here, did your DH rush home, 1% is not nothing, hope it works for you :)

Best of luck with the transfer on wednesday born2love!

#8 Birdie11

Posted 13 February 2017 - 06:25 PM

Oh glad I can stay. I didn't much feel like being in the regular ttc group.

Furbaby yes he did come straight home god love him. ☺ and you're right, 1% is not nothing, and worth the try if not just for the fun of it. Hehe!

How often do you girls think we should BD? Is once a day enough when at ovulation or should we do twice a day?

#9 furbaby

Posted 13 February 2017 - 06:34 PM

For me I did every second day during high fertility and daily during peak. I've heard you need to give his boys time to regroup;)

#10 Birdie11

Posted 13 February 2017 - 09:06 PM

Oh okay. Cool beans! Thanks

#11 Ksout

Posted 14 February 2017 - 03:00 PM

Thanks for the good luck wishes ladies.

Well I'm halfway through my 2ww. I'm feeling fine. Lots of niggly pains in my lower tummy and aching. I had a huge shooting pain from my uterus straight down below on monday afternoon, felt like a lightning bolt if that makes sense lol.

I'm putting it all down to the progesterone though. That's what I'm telling myself to stop going insane and trying to symptom spot, as far as I'm concerned everything odd I'm feeling is progesterone related because I can't bear to get my hopes up again to have them ruined.

Good luck ladies and I wish for lots of BFP's for us all.

#12 Jackrabbit

Posted 14 February 2017 - 04:27 PM

Hi, I'm hoping I can join you. I've been doing OI for around 14 cycles now, with two miscarriages along the way. Today I am 6DPO and am on progesterone pessaries so can't really symptom spot (thank god?).

Meanwhile we are investigating IVF with PGD. But first we have to do a validation test to check if they can even detect our dodgy gene in an embryo. And I've just been told the cost of that, on top of the actual IVF and I'm thinking it might just be time to accept defeat.

So for now I'm crossing everything that this is our month.

#13 furbaby

Posted 15 February 2017 - 12:40 PM

hey jackrabbit, welome! you're about the same day as I am as I'm 1day post 5day transfer. Reading your sig you've had a rough time of it.

I hope this round is the lucky one!!

AFM I'm struggling to stay away in work today, guessing it's the HCG top up I did yesterday that would have kicked up my progesterone. Woke up exhausted and it's been a struggle all day since, fun!!

How's everyone else doing? I'm trying (unsuccessfully) not to symptom spot :p

#14 Birdie11

Posted 15 February 2017 - 04:02 PM

Furbaby - so do the HCG injections make you really tired? In my Jan cycle all I wanted to do was sleep after the ET. I thought maybe it may be the HCG but wasn't sure (had hoped it was because I was growing a human 😜 ). It's so annoying that the symptoms are so similar for both AF and success. I wish humans came with a traffic light system - our belly buttons could flash green for all go, orange for giving it a red hot try and red for no go. Haha! Wouldn't that be great?!

Welcome jackrabbit- FX for you!!!

We have put in a solid effort this week and have BD every day so far (twice one of the days- sorry TMI).  if there is a little guy in there I am really hoping we caught it!!! AF due on the 1 March but with last cycle being 32 days and the ones before that were so random, so who knows. It will only add to the frustration and disappointment for me when AF arrives. I hate it when it's late- that false hope. boooo!

#15 Jackrabbit

Posted 15 February 2017 - 04:35 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one struggling. I'm on a progesterone trouche in the morning and a pessary at night, so 600mg a day. I'm so tired. My boobs don't hurt as much as they have all my other cycles so I'm hoping it's because the progesterone has something more productive to do with its time. My progesterone levels were checked yesterday and they were at a really good level this time (higher than previous attempts). The FS was hoping to pop 2-3 eggs this cycle but we had to trigger a bit early as DH was going interstate so we had to do a lot of BDing before he left.

I'm usually OK for the first week of the TWW but the second week is torture. Because I'm on pessaries rather than HCG injections I am always tempted to test early, which achieves nothing because when it is a BFN I spend the rest of the TWW retesting just in case I was too early.

Good effort on the BDing Birdie. We did it twice on the last day and we almost didn't reach the finish line the last time. Poor guy. :wub:

#16 ***Athena***

Posted 15 February 2017 - 05:24 PM

Hi all,
I am in the 2ww also. I had a double frozen transfer yesterday.
I have had 2 miss carriages last year and a cancelled cycle so fingers crossed for this one.
Good luck to every one else too <3

#17 Birdie11

Posted 15 February 2017 - 07:25 PM

Haha Jackrabbit, on the day we did twice, we had the same experience. Was a longer road to the finish line, and he almost didn't make it but he's a trooper. Lol

#18 furbaby

Posted 16 February 2017 - 01:03 PM

Welcome Athena! Hope this is your rainbow baby :)

How are all the other ladies doing?

I'm getting short sharp cramps on the right and trying not to get excited that it might be implantation cramping but of course I am anyway...

Well done on the BD effort Birdie, hope it pays off!!

Jackrabbit, Ksout, riseup how are you ladies going?

#19 Bettinae21

Posted 16 February 2017 - 02:30 PM

Hi there Ladies Question ...I am doing assisted fertility as in Letrozole (clomid)?

is that ok in this group or is it IVF spacific?

Thanks in advance

#20 furbaby

Posted 16 February 2017 - 02:54 PM

Hi bettinae this is for anyone doing ac and letrozole falls in that. (Different to clomid just FYI ;))

I did FETs using letrozole or femara is the OTC name for it. I've read it's better than clomid as doesnt affect your lining as much.

Hope it works for you!!

#21 Bettinae21

Posted 16 February 2017 - 02:57 PM

Thankyou Furbaby

I am on my first month im on D22 of A D31 cycle

fingersxed xxx

#22 Ksout

Posted 16 February 2017 - 03:26 PM

I'm doing ok Furbaby. On the downhill slide to blood test now. 5 days to go.

Still feeling much the same, niggles and achy tummy. Sometimes sharp stabby pains. Still putting it down to the progesterone pessaries though, I'm on 400mg a day. They're the ones you have to keep in the fridge so it's an extra pain in the butt. I'm doing them at night which is easier but hubby hasn't come near me in weeks cos they're so gross. I don't blame him lol.

Fingers crossed for you Athena for a rainbow baby :)

#23 Jackrabbit

Posted 16 February 2017 - 05:10 PM

Good luck Athena. Maybe you will get twins!

AFM I'm trying not to symptom spot as I have been wrong more times than I have been right. I'm actually having less symptoms than most of my other cycles so who knows. I'm seriously considering that this will be the last cycle, but then I see the unopened box of Puregon in the fridge and think it would be a shame not to use it.

#24 furbaby

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:41 AM

This is first time since I started IVF that I've run out of meds. usually have something left over. Hopefully that's a good sign that I won't need any more :p

Still a full week to my BT, haven't hit the full crazies yet but I know it's coming!

Hope we all have a good weekend :)

#25 ***Athena***

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:16 PM

Talk about hitting the crazies!!! I am on progesterone pessaries and oestrogen tabs all 3 times a day and have gone full nuclear today lol. Absolutely having to rethink everything I am about to say because I know I am talking crap.

I have all the usual IPS but for me it is probably right as I have been pregnant on every try. Quite frustrating as we actually want a full term or near full term live birth.

Nice to meet all of you and fingers crossed we don't explode before those test dates eh?

Edited by ***Athena***, 17 February 2017 - 10:16 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Mum shares hilarious story about attempting shower sex

As most parents know, finding time for sex post-kids is one of life's not-so-little challenges.

16 things you'll learn on the preschool party circuit

Kids birthday parties sound fun in the abstract but the reality is they often end up an introverts worst nightmare – forced social interaction in the name of good parenting.

The 92-year-old who's a great-great-great-grandmother

A 92-year-old Canadian woman has become a great-great-great grandmother this week after the family welcomed a baby boy.

The Pramrolla mimics a walk in the park to help your baby get to sleep

Simply put the pram brake on, set the wheels on top of the Pramrolla, plug it in and off they go ... or so they think.

Beyonce shares surreal pregnancy photo shoot

Pop superstar Beyonce on Thursday released a slew of photos of herself posing pregnant and nude.

Airport staff order mum to squeeze her breasts to prove she's lactating

A Singaporean mum of two has spoken about her humiliation at the hands of German airport security guards who ordered her to prove she could breastfeed.

How to keep your baby or toddler safe at home

Child-proofing tips that will ensure your home remains a safe haven for curious toddlers and babies on the move.

Told to get rid of their dogs, this expectant couple took the sweetest photos instead

When the couple conceived their first human child they came under enormous pressure to give up their dogs.

Bereaved parents take baby home for 'family time' after death, thanks to cuddle cot

A bereaved mother has spoken about her decision to take her daughter's body home to spend time as a family before her funeral.

'Get off your phone!': the daycare note that's got people talking

A note posted by a US daycare facility has urged parents to get off their phone when collecting their children:

Babysitter's creative 'hands-free' baby carrier hack

We've all been there – you need to hold the baby, but you also need to eat.

Will these be the most on-trend baby names of 2017?

Nameberry has crunched the numbers, predicting which monikers will see a rise in 2017.

Firefighter adopts the baby he helped deliver

Five years ago firefighter Marc Hadden took an emergency call that changed his life.

Mum shares graphic image to highlight importance of rear-facing car seats for kids

A British safety blogger has shared a graphic photo of the damage a seatbelt can do in a car accident in a bid to persuade more parents to use rear-facing car seats for as long as possible with their kids.

Pharrell Williams and his wife welcome triplets

Now that's a good way to start the new year.

Turn yourself into a child's climbing gym with this wearable vest

It's such a neat idea for those living in high density apartment blocks where children may struggle to get enough physical activity.

Bugaboo unveils its new Bugaboo Bee5

The lightweight and compact Bugaboo Bee has been on the scene for a decade now.

The first few weeks of pregnancy: surreal, scary, exciting

It is okay to be worried, nervous, anxious, in love and happy all at the same time.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Essential Baby & Toddler Show, presented by Blackmores

3-5 March 2017, Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre. Get your FREE ticket now. Save $20.

Your child's fine motor skills: what you should know

There is less of a focus on fine motor skills, but they're just as important as others. (SPONSORED)

5 ways music helps your toddler's development

There are at least five other compelling reasons to get musical around your toddler. (SPONSORED)

Free ticket offer

Essential Baby & Toddler Show, presented by Blackmores

3-5 March 2017, Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre. Get your FREE ticket now. Save $20.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.