TTC March 2017

• Please log in to reply
570 replies to this topic

#1 mummabear88

Posted 30 January 2017 - 09:29 AM

Hi All, DH and I want to start TTCing in March however I'm just wanting to know is there a better time to give birth and have a newborn? Is it better to have a newborn in summer or winter? I live in Brisbane Australia so I'm worried giving birth and having a newborn in summer would be hard because it can get so hot.. What are your thoughts? TIA

#2 Wanting#3

Posted 30 January 2017 - 09:50 AM

I'm in vic and my first was born at the end of Jan, my second was born mid sep. It was extremely hard being so pregnant through December/January.

That being said I would just go for it as it could take time to fall pregnant

Good luck

Edited by Wanting#3, 30 January 2017 - 09:51 AM.

#3 mummabear88

Posted 30 January 2017 - 09:56 AM

Yes thats what ive been thinking! Thank you!

#4 fingerscrossedforb

Posted 30 January 2017 - 10:01 AM

Hi lovely, I'm also living in Brisbane and am pregnant with my 1st. I thought that being heavily pregnant in winter would be ideal, but actually having to go through Brisbane summer during the 1st trimester (MS+) has meant that I've been hospitalised a few times with dehydration. So I think it's probably all the same

#5 Wonderstruck

Posted 30 January 2017 - 10:27 AM

I'm 36 weeks pregnant in Sydney at the moment. Entire third trimester in the hottest summer on record. It's not ideal and for the next one we will likely try for winter:spring baby but as much as you plan you don't know when you'll actually fall.

It is manageable - working till 36 weeks meant lots of time in aircon and as we don't have aircon at home I seek refuge at the shops or my parents place now while on maternity leave.

I hope your TTC journey is short and sweet! Good luck!

#6 Musefan2010

Posted 30 January 2017 - 10:55 AM

My first was born in September in Brisbane.

I was very happy that I spent my last trimester in winter, I don't cope well with the heat at the best of times.

It also meant that it wasn't too cold for our newborn.

I was hoping for another Sept baby, but TTC doesn't seem to be as quick as it was the first time!

Unfortunately you just never know how long it will take to TTC, so it's hard to predict it!

#7 MadnessCraves

Posted 30 January 2017 - 11:09 AM

I had a December baby, was pregnant all through winter, didn't feel too bad.

This baby is an April/May baby and it's been a harder summer for sure, never experienced such uncomfortableness in summer.

However I wouldn't avoid seasons for the sake of not feeling uncomfortable over summer or winter. It took 4 yrs to TTC for this baby, and honestly like others said, you can't predict how long it will take  to TTC.

#8 rosie_pie

Posted 30 January 2017 - 11:19 AM

My first baby was born in Feb... it was hard being hugely pregnant in the sweltering heat, and then having a newborn glued to me for hours and hours too. We are now trying for number two, and although I swore I'd never want to be due in summer again, I'd really just be happy to be pregnant :) you get through it! Air con and swimming pools and shopping centers made summer bearable, it'll be okay!

#9 Dazzle1980

Posted 30 January 2017 - 12:19 PM

DS1 was born in sept so I didn't need to suffer from the heat whilst being pg, but he had horrendous heat rash, poor little thing. Having said that, we lived in central west nsw where mid-high 30's were the norm. As Wanting#3 said, it's so unpredictable when you will actually conceive, so if just go for it. Either way, you'll work out a way to cope. Good luck TTC xx

#10 The Pontiac Bandit

Posted 30 January 2017 - 12:25 PM

I live in Melbourne and I'm 35 weeks pregnant. I've told DH (many, many times) that if we have another baby, there is no way I'll be pregnant in summer again, and it hasn't been that hot of a summer here ..

#11 KelNick10

Posted 30 January 2017 - 09:33 PM

I've had 2 December bubs in bris and honestly I think it's much of a muchness.  I just want to be preg and if that meant having another dec bub then so be it.

#12 catbug!

Posted 31 January 2017 - 12:52 PM

My first baby was a November baby, by chance, and that was great (although I have nothing else to compare to).

I avoided being heavily pregnant in the summer, and warm weather for a newborn was lovely. Most days we only had to dress her in a singlet, nappy & light muslin wrap - less laundry, easier changes etc. Overnight feeding and cuddles were nicer in the warm weather too. Lots of opportunities to get outside for walks, park visits etc, so I didn't feel cooped up or isolated at home.

It also turned out to be good for us for daycare - I stayed home just over a year, and we were able to get in to our preferred centre quite easily as all of the kids 'moved up' in February, making spaces in the infant room.

#13 kylie575

Posted 01 February 2017 - 08:16 AM

My husband and I are going to DTD every day in March in the hopes we fall pregnant. I really want to start trying after my current period (which is now) but I'm so worried about my private health cut off! I increased to cover private hospital on the 3 of November which means baby can't be born any earlier than that. If I fall pregnant after this cycle then due date estimate is 7 November (or thereabouts).

Am I worrying too much about the private birth? Should I just see what happens? Would love your advice ladies!! x

#14 *BabyNo1*

Posted 01 February 2017 - 08:20 AM

Hard to really know.

If it's only 1 cycle then waiting isn't too much of an issue
But you don't know if it'll happen within this first cycle either and could take months..

I guess if you really wanna go private then at least it's just 1 cycle you'll need to wait (as long as bub doesn't come early...)

#15 Hetts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 04:34 PM

I'd wait. It's just one cycle. I'm waiting until May so it doesn't happen in the school holidays and I lose mat leave, now that feels like a long time away!

#16 kylie575

Posted 02 February 2017 - 08:04 PM

Thank you both - I think I was just being super impatient! And as someone that likes to plan everything this whole baby making thing is throwing me because you can't plan! It could happen first try or not for months - here's hoping it's quick!!!

#17 projecthappy

Posted 05 February 2017 - 05:59 PM

View Postkylie575, on 02 February 2017 - 08:04 PM, said:

Thank you both - I think I was just being super impatient! And as someone that likes to plan everything this whole baby making thing is throwing me because you can't plan! It could happen first try or not for months - here's hoping it's quick!!!

Kylie I'd think about using the next month to get yourself ready for pregnancy. Like are you already taking folic acid? Give yourself an extra month of that to prepare. Get your pre-natal bloods done. Drink lots of wine (enjoy it while it lasts!). And get your BD rhythm into action! ;) Good luck xx

#18 *BabyNo1*

Posted 06 February 2017 - 06:56 AM

Officially joining March TTC.....

AF has come and right on time again.. at least that's consistent. 28 days pretty much on the dot..
5th month of trying.. although more seriously trying now..
anyone have a OPK that they'd recommend?..
IC's that I have haven't shown a positive result although I have used on and off so probably not constantly used.. a digital one figure would be better to just see...

#19 MadnessCraves

Posted 06 February 2017 - 07:34 AM

BabyNo1 I don't think this is the usual TTC support group, just the OP wanted info on TTC from March.

#20 *BabyNo1*

Posted 06 February 2017 - 08:14 AM

Ahh my bad. Same thread title, I guess I thought it would be kept for the TTC March post...

#21 kylie575

Posted 06 February 2017 - 03:17 PM

View Postprojecthappy, on 05 February 2017 - 05:59 PM, said:

Kylie I'd think about using the next month to get yourself ready for pregnancy. Like are you already taking folic acid? Give yourself an extra month of that to prepare. Get your pre-natal bloods done. Drink lots of wine (enjoy it while it lasts!). And get your BD rhythm into action! ;) Good luck xx

Thank you projecthappy. I have been taking folic acid since November, and have had my pre-natal bloods done also.

Definitely enjoying the wine, and will start getting the BD rhythm into action ;) Thank you!! xx

View Post*BabyNo1*, on 06 February 2017 - 06:56 AM, said:

Officially joining March TTC.....

AF has come and right on time again.. at least that's consistent. 28 days pretty much on the dot..
5th month of trying.. although more seriously trying now..
anyone have a OPK that they'd recommend?..
IC's that I have haven't shown a positive result although I have used on and off so probably not constantly used.. a digital one figure would be better to just see...

If you don't mind me asking, are you BDing everyday? Or just when you believe you're in your fertile period? Lots of baby dust to you!! x

#22 *BabyNo1*

Posted 06 February 2017 - 05:37 PM

Sporadically. Probably every other day.
First few months we were a little just whenever and not focusing on the BFP... but it's never far from the back of your mind...
this month was a little more... but now I'll get a OPK and track and will do every day during the fertile period.

I guess we have been fairly cruisy with it all and just figured if it happened it happened... but it's always on the mind regardless... we were going to wait until around May this year but November last year I came off the pill and we figured would just see how it goes.. the plan was to not stress about it.. easier said then done. I think even more so for the female....  Or, I just over think things anyway.

However. This month. OPKs and see if it helps.

March/April will mean Dec/Jan bub. I'd prefer this year and have a Nov bub. But really, seems that can't be controlled....

Fingers crossed and baby dust it's a BFP kind of month for us all!

#23 _katieT_

Posted 07 February 2017 - 08:17 PM

View Postkylie575, on 01 February 2017 - 08:16 AM, said:

My husband and I are going to DTD every day in March in the hopes we fall pregnant. I really want to start trying after my current period (which is now) but I'm so worried about my private health cut off! I increased to cover private hospital on the 3 of November which means baby can't be born any earlier than that. If I fall pregnant after this cycle then due date estimate is 7 November (or thereabouts).

Am I worrying too much about the private birth? Should I just see what happens? Would love your advice ladies!! x

I would wait a bit longer if you are set on having your birth costs covered privately!! My first babe arrived a month early - anything can happen!! You never know. Plus, anything from 37 weeks is considered full term, so if you went between 37-39 weeks, which is highly possible, you won't be covered. Yes, you would be looked after in the public system BUT you will have already paid the fees to the private OB, who won't be able to do the delivery if you are public.

#24 KelNick10

Posted 13 February 2017 - 02:46 PM

Af arrived today and I'm moving over from ttc feb.  Fingers x'd this is the month 🤞

#25 jef6050

Posted 14 February 2017 - 01:58 PM

Hi All,

I'm here in March with you, my period isn't due until March 8th. Still waiting for O.

One good thing about having long cycles is that I'm not focused on TTC all the time... Wating 3 -4 weeks from first day of period until ovulation means I usually forget about it for a while!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Win a Springfree Trampoline!

Click now for your chance to WIN a Springfree Trampoline (R54 Compact Round) plus Australia-wide delivery ? valued up to $1774!

Midwife's hand inside birth canal for 90 minutes saves baby's life

Baby Emelia's arrival into the world wasn't exactly smooth sailing.

Melbourne - get your FREE tickets!

Register now for your free ticket (valued at $20) for the Melbourne Essential Baby & Toddler Show, presented by Blackmores.

It's really hard work, baby, but still worth it

You are over it and you want to know, is this all worth it?

Vitamin K injections: what you need to know

Why do babies need vitamin K after birth? Here's what you need to know.

Mum's emotional letter on last day of maternity leave

A heartfelt letter from a mum to her nine-week-old son has a struck a chord with working mothers everywhere.

What I learnt after having six miscarriages

Experiencing recurrent miscarriage is like entering an endless dark tunnel. Once you enter that tunnel it is a fight from start to finish

Recall issued for popular brand of baby biscuits

You will want to check your cupboard and give these the flick, after a recall was issued this week.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

See Pinky McKay live - for FREE

Pinky will be speaking daily at the Essential Baby & Toddler Show, Melbourne, 28-30 April. Free tickets now!

Last chance for free tickets

See Pinky McKay live - for FREE

Pinky will be speaking daily at the Essential Baby & Toddler Show, Melbourne, 28-30 April. Free tickets now!

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.