Married at First Sight 2017

• Please log in to reply
401 replies to this topic

#1 Lucky11

Posted 26 January 2017 - 10:45 AM

You can stream the first episode today.

So who's going to be watching it?  I've started, looks interesting so far.

Would love others thoughts.

#2 ~elle~

Posted 26 January 2017 - 06:55 PM

Yes - I watched the preview of Ep 1 this morning.
It will be interesting this season - total train wreck stuff of course.

Straight off the bat they have 1 from WA and one from QLD( who has a farm) - who the hell partnered them up???? Did they learn nothing from Christie and Mark from last season???

Shame - they seemed a better match than the 20 -somethings who were the other couple in the episode.

#3 Lucky11

Posted 26 January 2017 - 07:05 PM

I suspect the miner lady had said she was prepared to move? Because he has said he definitely wouldn't. Surely they wouldn't match them if that wasn't the case.

The other couple, wow! I predict they have no chance. She seemed so immature. I was shocked when the experts were saying how mature beyond her years she is. And she's obviously got some competition with Emma lol

#4 brookelovesbub

Posted 26 January 2017 - 07:16 PM

I haven't started watching yet (will wait till it's on free to air) but I know there are 8 couples? At the end of last season they were talking 50 individuals involved? I guess that's been scraped :unsure:

#5 MM03

Posted 26 January 2017 - 08:32 PM

Watching the preview episode right now.

One couple seem very sweet, the other couple seem very "young"

Edited by MM03, 26 January 2017 - 08:39 PM.

#6 CallMeFeral

Posted 26 January 2017 - 09:22 PM

I won't be watching any more.
I think with this 10 couples (or is it 20?) thing they have totally given up the pretence of trying to actually match people for compatibility. Now it's all just for drama.
Even last episode there were people in it who hadn't even signed up or been interviewed by the 'experts'.
I never minded the original premise, but this is just a farce.

#7 nasty snaugh

Posted 26 January 2017 - 10:46 PM

Do they all live together for part of it, or am I confused with something else ?

That feels like a recipe for drama and/or disaster.

#8 #YKG

Posted 28 January 2017 - 10:15 AM

View Postnasty snaugh, on 26 January 2017 - 10:46 PM, said:

Do they all live together for part of it, or am I confused with something else ?

That feels like a recipe for drama and/or disaster.

They seem to have changed it this year to all couples living together faster the honey moon. I get there's ten couples but come on send them back home.

I'll be watching but I liked season one best where the couples were sent home and went back to work and their normal lives.

#9 andieinvic

Posted 28 January 2017 - 01:20 PM

I'm with callmeferal - the original idea was to use psychologists and experts to try and pick couples who would be a great match.  I quite liked the first season because of this, it felt a little authentic.  I feel like it's gone a bit the way of other sensational reality shows now - don't think I'll watch this time.

#10 #YKG

Posted 30 January 2017 - 06:39 PM

Whose watching?

#11 pickledbrain

Posted 30 January 2017 - 07:35 PM

me!

#12 #YKG

Posted 30 January 2017 - 07:40 PM

What do we think of the first two couples, I think with Cheryl and what's his name there will be fireworks but not in a good way.

#13 nasty snaugh

Posted 30 January 2017 - 09:15 PM

Naaaw, the miner and the farmer make me happy.  😊

#14 lozoodle

Posted 31 January 2017 - 06:36 AM

I'm watching, I know one of the girls on it :)

I've never watched before though so have no idea about how it works. I'm just watching for fun.

#15 Perpetual

Posted 31 January 2017 - 10:16 AM

Does anyone know what Jonathan actually does? I got so sick of hearing entrepreneur.

#16 Mister Mum

Posted 31 January 2017 - 10:36 AM

I thought the ex girlfriend was the most attractive of the lot.

Talk about a setup.   Lol reality my butt.

#17 pickledbrain

Posted 31 January 2017 - 05:23 PM

I liked both couples, but I think Cheryl has tickets on herself and won't be able to get past the "I'm perfect so you have to do what I want you to".  The miners are gorgeous!  I REALLY hope they can work out the living arrangements as I think they can make a real go of it

Edited by pickledbrain, 31 January 2017 - 07:31 PM.

#18 FatherofFour

Posted 31 January 2017 - 05:30 PM

View Postnasty snaugh, on 30 January 2017 - 09:15 PM, said:

Naaaw, the miner and the farmer make me happy.  

yeah, I was worried for him that she wouldn't like him or be attracted to him but she was and they were so cute and into each other.

Warm fuzzies!!

#19 >Catskers<

Posted 31 January 2017 - 05:49 PM

View PostPerpetual, on 31 January 2017 - 10:16 AM, said:

Does anyone know what Jonathan actually does? I got so sick of hearing entrepreneur.
He's not legally allowed to say apparently.

I thought Cheryls father was a bit of a tosser tbh

Loved the two miners <3

#20 #YKG

Posted 31 January 2017 - 05:53 PM

View PostSanta, on 31 January 2017 - 10:36 AM, said:

I thought the ex girlfriend was the most attractive of the lot.

Talk about a setup.   Lol reality my butt.

Apparently the Emma girl isn't an ex girlfriend, Jonathan said on a radio show this morning that she is his ex girlfriends twin sister and he is close with the parents so they got invited and the crazy girl decided to go along.

#21 Perpetual

Posted 31 January 2017 - 06:55 PM

View Post>Catskers<, on 31 January 2017 - 05:49 PM, said:

He's not legally allowed to say apparently.

God, now I really need to know!

#22 pickledbrain

Posted 31 January 2017 - 07:31 PM

Not much hope for the two couples tonight....

#23 #YKG

Posted 31 January 2017 - 09:06 PM

Omg scarlettes wedding speech was awkward and painful lol.

#24 Lucky11

Posted 31 January 2017 - 09:22 PM

Agree. She thinks she's so funny though lol

I thought the other couple were a good match, I wonder what it was she wasn't drawn to because she seemed to decide immediately.

#25 Bethlehem Babe

Posted 31 January 2017 - 09:39 PM

I'm catching up now. Soooo trashy. I fast forwarded the first hour or so- did I miss anything?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (2)

Chrissy Teigen's pride about daughter's adorable first word

Chrissy Teigen and John Legend have celebrated their 11-month-old baby Luna's first word with an adorable Instagram post.

The photo that sums up how dads REALLY feel during labour

A new mum shared a hilarious photo of her partner during labour that lots of dads will relate to.

You can never hold your baby too much, says study

From the world of super obvious science comes the news that you can never hold your baby too much.

Babies called Romeo and Juliet born hours apart in the same hospital

Two mums gave birth in adjoining hospital rooms a few hours apart. They had never met, and had each chosen their baby's name earlier in the pregnancy.

Mum organises 'nurse-in' protest at IKEA

It's hard to believe than in 2017 mums are still receiving flak for breastfeeding in public, but that's what one US mum claims happened in IKEA.

Will 'How Not to Hate Your Husband After Kids' be a best-seller?

Author Jancee Dunn hopes her new book will help mums deal with the stresses that parenthood can place on an otherwise happy relationship.

The dad who was taunted for taking paternity leave

They imagined that while I was away, I would be glued to the couch, beer in hand. In no way would I actually be helping my wife.

Photographer surprises couple with rainbow baby shoot

The prettiest and most unexpected maternity shoot for a much-wanted rainbow baby.

Mum's funny solution for finding 'me time' with a toddler in tow

If you've ever been in possession of a toddler, you'll know that it's next to impossible to get anything done.

Qualities my three-year-old has that I admire

My three-year-old daughter is one of the strongest little women that I know. As I watch her grow into this amazing person, I can't help but feel accomplished and proud.

'You need to be present': John Legend on supporting a partner with PND

Singer John Legend has opened up about supporting wife Chrissy Teigen through postnatal depression.

The seven types of 'parent sleep'

The question, "Did you sleep well last night?" should be easy to answer. Either a yes (if you're lucky), or a no.

'Anxiety hit me like a ton of bricks'

Tammin Sursok has written an essay sharing her personal experience with postnatal anxiety.

11 things to do to protect your mental health while breastfeeding

Whether breastfeeding is going well or you are finding it harder than you expected, taking care of you needs to be a priority.

Couple announces they're both expecting - three weeks apart

Being pregnant at the same time as your best friend means double the excitement.

Why Dax Shepard was 'impressed' when his daughter swore for the first time

Actor and comedian, Dax Shepard has given a hilarious recap of the lengths he'll go to get, and keep, his kids asleep.

Video captures beautiful breech caesarean birth

A new life is brought gently into the world with tender and expert hands.

Mum warns of vacuum danger after toddler injured

Every parent knows toddlers can move fast, now one mum is warning about the dangers of allowing small children anywhere near vacuum cleaners.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Win 1 of 10 awesome Peppa Pig prize packs

Who loves Peppa? We have 10 packs to give away - including family passes to see the brand new movie, in cinemas March 16!

Essential Baby & Toddler Show, presented by Blackmores

28th - 30th April, 2017, Melbourne Royal Exhibition Building, Carlton. Get your FREE ticket now. Save $20.

Free ticket offer

Essential Baby & Toddler Show, presented by Blackmores

28th - 30th April, 2017, Melbourne Royal Exhibition Building, Carlton. Get your FREE ticket now. Save $20.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.