Midwifery Students Seeking EB Members 2017 and 2018

14 replies to this topic

#1 lucky 2

Posted 15 January 2017 - 01:01 PM

Hello,

Happy New Year and welcome to EB!

If you are a Midwifery Student who is seeking EB members to assist with your course requirements you are welcome to post your request here.
Please restrict your posts to this thread.
There is no need to post in the pinned thread for members as they will be able to find you here.

Under no circumstances are you permitted to approach pregnant members via pm unless they have first made contact with you, either by pm or on the boards.

Please ensure that you ask members to PM you for further information.
It is for safetly reasons that any personal contact details will be removed.

Remember to include details of the areas you are willing to cover, by State, region etc.

This is a new thread, a link to the old thread is below-
http://www.essential...mbers-20152016/
Good luck with your studies :) .

lucky 2

#2 Robyn_

Posted 29 January 2017 - 09:28 PM

Good afternoon ladies,

Thank you for taking the time to read my post. You will have to excuse my ignorance in using this forum - I'm a newbie.

I am a new post-graduate student in midwifery. I currently study at Notre Dame in Fremantle. Part of my studies involves following a pregnant womans journey through to post-natal care. The following applies:

* I attend 4 antenatal appointments with you
* I attend 2 postnatal appoints with you
* If you'll have me, I attend your birth
* I cost nothing :)
* I get to learn from you and vise versa (if need be)
* I am your support person
* If at anytime you don't feel comfortable, you don't have to continue with me

If you are SOR and less then 34 weeks pregnant, I would love to her from you.
Thank you so much
Robyn

#3 helenacassin

Posted 21 February 2017 - 01:56 PM

Hi there,

My name is Helena and I am a second year midwifery student studying a combined Nursing/Midwifery degree at La Trobe University.
As part of my course requirements, I am required to follow 10 women through their pregnancy and birth (called a continuity of care experience), which simply involves attending 4 antenatal appointments, and two postnatal follow up appointments, and potentially the birth itself if that is something that the mother is comfortable with. The idea of the COCE program is to allow myself as a student to gauge an understanding of all aspects of pregnancy and birth, including the antenatal, postnatal and birth experiences, and to act as an extra support for the woman and her family throughout the experience.

Where possible, I will attempt to participate in providing care to you that is appropriate to my level of skills and knowledge, or to observe as care is provided to you by other health professionals.

Should you wish to participate in the COCE, you can make the choice to withdraw at anytime f you decide that it is no longer something you want to do.

I am located in the northern suburbs of Melbourne, but can drive so am happy to commute to wherever you are located.  

Please personal message me for further contact details
I look forward to hearing from you!

Edited by helenacassin, 21 February 2017 - 01:57 PM.

#4 studentlaura

Posted 01 March 2017 - 02:37 PM

Hi there

Apologies if this is not the correct place to reply.

I am a Midwifery student based in Perth.

I am a Registered Nurse with 13 years experience currently undertaking a Graduate Diploma in Midwifery at Curtin University.

As part of my registration requirements I'm required to follow 10 women during their pregnancy. At a minimum I'm required to attend 4 prenatal and 2 postnatal visits plus be present at a majority of their births.

This is a learning experience for me as a student (always with a registered midwife present) and also provides continuity for the women during and after the pregnancy.

I would love if you could help me get in touch with anyone you know who may be less than 35 weeks pregnant if you think they may be interested in participating! Thank you!

#5 StudentMEmma

Posted 09 March 2017 - 01:35 PM

Hi there,

My name is Emma, I am a student midwife and nurse from La Trobe University. I am seeking pregnant women who may be interested in having the support of a student midwife throughout their pregnancy, labour and birth, and the immediate postnatal period. This in no way replaces your regular care by registered midwife or doctor.
The purpose is to provide continuous and ongoing support to pregnant women, which has been shown to improve pregnancy outcomes, as well as provide a familiar face throughout your care.

The program also offers women the opportunity to help the next generation of midwives to become the best midwives they can be.

It would be an honour to follow you on your pregnancy journey and I hope to hear from you!

I am located in Melbourne and would happily commute.

If you are interested or would like to learn more information, please do not hesitate to contact me!

#6 LucyBear1

Posted 09 March 2017 - 04:41 PM

Hey,

I'm a student midwife and registered nurse at Liver pool Hosp this year.

I rotate throughout the different areas of the hospital this year and need to follow 10 women through their pregnancies. I want to be your student midwife to make the journey a little less daunting. All your care is fully supervised by a registered midwife and/or doctor as required.

I am present and involved with your care from the day you say you want to be involved in the program, present at all appointments and scans, present at your labour and birth (all the way through) and I will check back with you after your baby is born.

If you are considering having a student midwife involved in your pregnancy journey and are having your baby at Liver pool then I would love to be involved.

Send me a message with any questions :)

Edited by LucyBear1, 09 March 2017 - 04:42 PM.

#7 Stephholmes93

Posted 10 March 2017 - 09:27 PM

*Melbourne Mums*

Hi there,

I'm a nursing/ Midwifery student in my third year at LaTrobe. Similar to the above posts I am looking for pregnant women to follow their journey and observe the care they receive as part of the continuity of care model.

100% confidential and a familiar face with added knowledge to support you. No set criteria for the women, and involves me attending the following:
-minimum 4 antenatal appointments
-2 postnatal check (MCHN)
-optimally the birth! (Given you're comfortable with this)

I'm located bayside in Melbourne and willing to commute around Melbourne.

Feel free to contact me with any questions or if you're interested in having a student tag along to your appointments. :)

#8 missrachel

Posted 24 May 2017 - 09:35 AM

Hello! :)

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

My name is Rachel and I'm currently in my final year of my studies. As part of my training, I am seeking women in Melbournre that are due this year who may be interested in having a midwifery student follow their pregnancy from the antenatal period to up to six weeks postnatal. Not only will I lend a listening ear, I can offer you additional support and would be happy to answer any questions in a casual manner. Of course, this is a completely voluntary program and you can choose to opt out at any time. By participating in this program, I do not replace your primary care-giver but I am there to learn as this experience can help me to develop and grow as a future midwife.

If this is something that interests you or you would like more information please contact me :)

Thanks!!

Edited by missrachel, 26 May 2017 - 07:59 PM.

#9 gloria3

Posted 01 June 2017 - 07:04 PM

Hey everyone;
My name is Gloria, I’m currently studying Nursing/Midwifery at La Trobe University and as a part of this course I am required to join 10 women through the journey of pregnancy. This provides me a valuable opportunity to learn and develop my skills as a future midwife.

What this required is attending 4 antenatal appointments, 2 postnatal appointments and possibly labour and birth if you allow. If you decide this is something you do not wish to continue after a couple of appointments that is absolutely fine, you are free to withdraw at any time!

I'm based on the east side of Melbourne.

If yourself or anyone you know would allow me to join you as a support person on this journey please feel free to message me.

Edited by gloria3, 01 June 2017 - 07:05 PM.

#10 *Lovemybabies*

Posted 19 July 2017 - 08:25 PM

Hi everyone,

My name is Caitlin and I am approaching my final year of my Bachelor of Midwifery at ACU in Melbourne.

As part of my degree I am required to follow 10 women through their pregnancy, including antenatal appointments, the birth and postnatal appointments.

I am hoping to recruit one more woman who is due late 2017 or any time in 2018 and who lives in the South Eastern suburbs of Melbourne

I myself am a Mum to 5 children aged 10 months to 8.5 years and have so far supported 8 women through their pregnancy, birth and early postnatal period. I also had a student midwife for my last two pregnancies and it was wonderful to have the additional support of a person who I could bounce my thoughts and ideas off.

I am a mature aged student who worked as a Secondary School teacher in a previous life. Being able to support women through such an amazing time in their lives is an absolute privilege.

If you think you would like the support of a student midwife, please feel free to send me a PM.

Edited by *Lovemybabies*, 19 July 2017 - 08:29 PM.

#11 ACT mum

Posted 20 July 2017 - 06:07 AM

Just wanted to post from someone who had a student midwife attached to my care in canberra. Was a fantastic experience and felt great to know I was part of training the next generations of midwives.

The student pretty much just ghosts the regular midwife... takes routine measurements etc, which is then checked by the midwife.

And it was fantastic to have that extra pair of hands in the delivery room.

I highly recommend being part of the student midwife program as an expectant mum.

#12 blueballoon

Posted 06 August 2017 - 01:15 AM

Hi!! My name is Angela and I am an experienced Registered Nurse with 4 children of my own....and I am now a student Midwife!! If you are living in Perth then please read on...

Are you PREGNANT?? Soon to be PREGNANT?? Know someone who is PREGNANT (<35 weeks)? I am a Registered Nurse (with mostly an ICU background) who is currently studying a Postgraduate Diploma of Midwifery through Curtin Uni. A required part of our studies as a student midwife is to follow 10 women through their pregnancy journey as part of the Continuity of Care model. This will involve me accompanying you to 4 antenatal appointments, ultrasounds, labour, birth and 2 postnatal appointments. Any model of care (private, public, shared care, community based etc) at any metropolitan hospital (public or private or at home) and any delivery method (booked c/s, induction, spontaneous etc) is suitable!!! There is no cost and you are able to opt out of the program at any time if needed.
If you know anyone who might be interested and would like more information then please get in contact with me through a PM. It will be a very rewarding experience!
Thanks!!

#13 Sarahmidwifery

Posted 19 February 2018 - 04:40 PM

Hi All,
I'm a fourth year midwifery student looking to help support pregnant mothers through their pregnancy labour birth and postnatal visits.
I'm located in inner Melbourne but am happy to travel.
PM me if this sounds like something your interested in!
I'm very easy going and am happy to be as involved as you'd like me to be :)
Sarah

#14 hayleybourke

Posted 05 March 2018 - 12:24 PM

Hi there!
I’m a second year Midwifery student in Melbourne looking to follow some pregnancies and support women through their pregnancy, birthing and postnatal journey! I live in the northern suburbs of Melbourne so I’m happy to travel to the Sunshine, Northern and all inner city hospitals.
Please feel free to PM me if you are interested in having a little bit of extra support throughout your pregnancy and I will send you some more info
Warm regards,
Hayley Bourke

#15 shera369

Posted 05 March 2018 - 02:31 PM

View PostRobyn_, on 29 January 2017 - 09:28 PM, said:

Good afternoon ladies,

Thank you for taking the time to read my post. You will have to excuse my ignorance in using this forum - I'm a newbie.

I am a new post-graduate student in midwifery. I currently study at Notre Dame in Fremantle. Part of my studies involves following a pregnant womans journey through to post-natal care. The following applies:

* I attend 4 antenatal appointments with you
* I attend 2 postnatal appoints with you
* If you'll have me, I attend your birth
* I cost nothing :)
* I get to learn from you and vise versa (if need be)
* I am your support person
* If at anytime you don't feel comfortable, you don't have to continue with me

If you are SOR and less then 34 weeks pregnant, I would love to her from you.
Thank you so much
Robyn

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.