Due in February 2017 Chat Thread #2

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#51 MrsB83

Posted 10 February 2017 - 12:50 PM

How's everyone coping with the heatwave? I'm 39 weeks today and completely lacking in motivation to clean the house.

I started on Wednesday night getting what feels like very mild period pain. It's the first time I've physically really felt anything different. From what I've read it can go on like that for weeks rather than a sign of anything imminent. It still made me anxious on Wednesday night though, it's settled now and just comes and goes.

My next appointment is on Monday. I guess I'll find out how I'm going then

Edited by MrsB83, 10 February 2017 - 12:51 PM.

#52 Wonderstruck

Posted 10 February 2017 - 01:11 PM

I've been having the mild period pain for a week or 2 - could be baby's head starting to engage?

I haven't felt anything else. Heat is hell, we don't have aircon. DH has been sick as a dog with a cold since Monday so he's been home with me but I've been trying super hard not to get it but not easy.

DH has sent me to my parents who have aircon and a pool - he's staying at home as he's still sick so I'm worried sick about him and our cat in this heat but as he said I need to take care of myself and bubs.

Had a baby first aid class last night which was good.

I'm 37+5 so next week I think I'll start raspberry leaf tea and wishing bubs to arrive from then - just waiting for DH to get better!!!

I'll also have an OB appointment on Monday.

Edited by Wonderstruck, 10 February 2017 - 01:12 PM.

#53 Wonderstruck

Posted 13 February 2017 - 10:29 AM

had my 38 week check up today. No change - just keep on keeping on. OB used Doppler and felt bubs. He is happy with bubs position and size. Bit worried we didn't do a scan today but bubs has been moving well so need to try and relax.

Feeling like crap with this cold :( having Panadol and trying Nasal Spray recommended by OB. Hoping its gone soon - will try and knock it our with curry etc...

Otherwise drinking some raspberry leaf tea, trying to keep active etc to kick things along. Today though veging on the couch with DVDs as I feel like crap lol.

#54 MrsB83

Posted 14 February 2017 - 08:24 AM

That sucks that you have a cold, just before your baby is due. Hopefully you're over it by the time bub comes.

Had my appointment yesterday (am 39 +4) they did a sweep to encourage things along a little.

I suspect I'm in the early stages of labour - bad period-like cramps and back ache on and off since about 3 this morning. Hubby has gone to work, who knows how long it will last, but he'll have his phone glued to his side just in case.

#55 Wonderstruck

Posted 14 February 2017 - 09:23 AM

I had a little of that in the wee hours of this  morning - far more painful than the period like craps I've been having but I think I still have a little way to go yet - currently at the movies so we'll see!

Hope it won't be long for you!

#56 mirandarine

Posted 14 February 2017 - 10:26 PM

Ooh wow MrsB83 this could be it!
All the best.

#57 Wonderstruck

Posted 15 February 2017 - 05:36 AM

Keep us posted MrsB83...I'm expecting to go close to term or over as everyone keeps telling me that is what happens with FTMs.

#58 MrsB83

Posted 16 February 2017 - 02:37 PM

Hi everyone, I had my little girl Astrid - she just snuck in as a valentines baby at 11:30pm.

I laboured at home until I had 3 contractions per 10 mins as suggested by the midwife, then headed to hospital, got there at 8:30. They had a few people come in at the same time as me (including one in an ambulance) and as I was a FTM and apparently wasn't hysterical enough they attended to other people first and just stuck me on a stand by bed. By the time they finally examined me I was 7cm dilated. I was then into a birthing room with a midwife, finally on gas and air while they checked bubs heart rate and then into a bath. I had bub in the bath at 11:30. I needed a bit of suturing but all-in-all I faired pretty well. My husband did say during labour was the angriest/ crankiest he's ever seen me 😜.

Astrid was 3.3kg, 51cm and most importantly nice and healthy. My husband is a super excited doting dad.

#59 Wonderstruck

Posted 16 February 2017 - 03:07 PM

That is awesome MrsB83!!! Congrats!

Sounds like you had a fantastic labour too!

Any tips?

You'll have to let us know how you continue to get on!

#60 MrsB83

Posted 16 February 2017 - 04:53 PM

The midwife reckoned labouring at home for as long as possible was worthwhile. We're only a 10 min drive to the hospital so it wasn't very risky for me to do that.

They say you should move around, but I was so uncomfortable only lying on my right hand side would do! I think the water birth helped hugely, so I'm glad I got that.

#61 Wonderstruck

Posted 16 February 2017 - 05:36 PM

I'm only 15 mins to the hospital so I can manage that - I just have no idea how I will know I am in labour...

How's everyone going - we're starting to all get to the business end.

Took myself for a pedicure today which was lovely - got some weird looks using the massage chair - I didn't use it for long and I'm not 100% sure if its strictly ok to use but I took it easy and man it felt good! I think the people were just worried I'd go into labour or sue!

The weather has been a little better in Sydney but still a few hot days around - hoping its a nice lovely temp once bubs arrives.

Trying to keep busy but going a little crazy waiting around for bubs - sure there is still house work and decluttering but who wants to spend too long doing that!

Every dinner I cook I'm putting a serve or 2 in the freezer, can't do much more as its not a big freezer but there is probably 8 -10 serves of things that will just need a little pasta cooked or those quick cups of rice so its a start and I think my mum will be doing some cooking and keeping some in her freezer.

AFM -Cold is almost gone but still have an annoying running nose! Should be gone soon I hope.

Otherwise just waiting around - 38+4 - drinking raspberry leaf tea and trying to get to the shops/go for a walk/keep active.

Bubs had a quiet day or two but is moving again and it can get quite uncomfortable - thinking there is very little room. Getting the odd twinge but nothing to suggest anying is on the move yet.

Hoping that my appointment on Monday will shed some light on how things are going and what the plan is for induction as I don't want to be going two weeks over.

#62 MrsB83

Posted 17 February 2017 - 06:21 AM

Good luck wonderstruck. I had a stretch and sweep by my OB on the Monday as I was 39 +3 and she said it was worth trying. I went into labour the next day so it definitely worked for me

#63 mirandarine

Posted 19 February 2017 - 08:25 AM

Congrats MrsB83 and welcome Astrid! Your birth sounds perfect and uncomplicated. Well done.

All the best to tou Wonderstruck. I hope all goes well. Im having a c section tomorrow so the last day ever being pregnant is today. Hubby is gyprocking and sanding around the kitchen and Im resting in the bedroom. I have no desire nor energy to go anywhere!

#64 Wonderstruck

Posted 20 February 2017 - 08:32 AM

Exciting times Mirandarine! All the best for today!

Had my 39 week appointment today. OB raised issue of going overdue which was nice so I didn't have to. He said he doesn't like people going miles overdue and more so in IVF pregnancies as they are so precious so if I make my 40 week appointment - I'll be 40+1 as I am due on Sunday, he'll talk about induction - I explained I'm for it as I'm anxious about risks to bub going too far overdue so he said we will likely schedule it then.

He said there's about a 40% chance I'll make it to the next appointment.

No internal examination today (will do it next week) and no ultrasound as he said there is nothing much you can see now. He did listen to the heartbeat which was fine.

So now to drink raspberry leaf tea, do some walking and eat curry. I'd prefer it to start on its own but will be happy to have the end in sight as I'm waking in the middle of the night with pains and braxton hicks!

#65 MrsB83

Posted 20 February 2017 - 02:47 PM

Cool, mirandarine must've just had her bub by now.

Hopefully all the pains means your body is nearly ready wonderstruck, I have my fingers crossed for you

#66 Wonderstruck

Posted 21 February 2017 - 07:06 PM

Mirandarine looking forward to your news.

AFM - 39+2 - spent the day willing on labour lol - did some house cleaning, nipple stimulation and drank rasberry leaf tea. I have been having more braxton hicks today (when your tummy goes all hard and tense) and in the past hour they've been uncompanied by back/lower stomach pain so trying to see if I am in early labour - will see if things get worse of it they continue as I've had worse pains but usually only get a few and they taper out - may just be wishful thinking but we will see.

Trying to remain positive that bubs will arrive by my EDD as I'm otherwise looking at induction and I know its a faster more intense labour if that is the case.

So glad to have some more ladies in here - you guys are the best support!

#67 MrsB83

Posted 22 February 2017 - 06:22 PM

Did anything progress Wonderstruck? I've got my fingers crossed for you

#68 Wonderstruck

Posted 22 February 2017 - 06:37 PM

It all stopped in the early hours of the morning and nothing much today - getting a little frustrated but guess I'll have to keep waiting...

#69 MrsB83

Posted 27 February 2017 - 04:16 PM

Hopefully your OB can do a sweep or something to get things under way. It sounds like your body isn't too far off. I have my fingers crossed for you

#70 Wonderstruck

Posted 28 February 2017 - 05:31 AM

Lillian Rose was born on 26 Feb 2017 at 10.22pm at 47.5cm long and 3.740kg after stop start pre-labour all evening on 24 Feb and on 25 Feb.

It was a crazy 24 hours...It was a crazy one...ended up with super intense contractions on Saturday night from 10.30pm. Laboured at home until 4.30am and went into the hospital. I was only 2cm and in agony. Found out baby was back to my spine which was awful. I battled to 2pm and then asked for gas...3pm
Broke wasters...got to 4.00pm and was only 3cm after all that time and pain so OB recommended a epidural- had that and the hormone drop to speed up the labour as it stalled early and was pushing at 9.00pm - OB was concerned by 10ish I'd been at it for 24 hours and she was too big to push out - ended up in an emergency Caesar and then in ICU due to a big bleed. Fine now though!

I'm fine now, recovery is just a bit tough!

#71 mirandarine

Posted 01 March 2017 - 12:16 PM

Congratulations Wonderstruck!
Milena was born by cs on the 20th. I had a pico negative pressure pump over my wpund and it has healwd perfectly. All went well. Bf has been hard but now at day 9 we are getting the hang of it.
Im.back in hospital since yesterday with cellulitis in my abdomen. Not fun. Hoping to go back gome today.

#72 MrsB83

Posted 05 March 2017 - 12:37 PM

Congratulations on baby Lilian Wonderstruck! Sorry it was so difficult, back to back etc and then ending up with a C anyway. At least she's here and healthy now. I'm sure you'll enjoy her.

Congratulations on little Milena Mirandarine. I'm glad things are going well now. I hope you got lots of help from the midwives with the BF. They definitely helped me with latching. I hope your back out of hospital again and recovering well

#73 mirandarine

Posted 09 March 2017 - 01:14 PM

How are you all doing?
We are having bf supply issues that are k going despite my efforts with motillium, fenugreek and blessed thistle on top of pumping. Sigh. We continue to do 60ml formula top ups.  Seeing the LC again today. 2 weeks 3 days old now.
I caved last night and gave her a dummy. She was awake from 3am to 7.30am crying and fractious between feeding breast and bottle.
Im in my seco d lot of antibiotics from the cellulitis infection which hasnt yet gone away. Poor bub has had dreadful diarrhoea as a result.
Poor thing.

#74 Wonderstruck

Posted 09 March 2017 - 02:16 PM

We're going ok. First night home was a shocker, DD wouldn't settle from about 9pm-2am...cracked and called my mum who rescued us and we've been at her place for the extra help from my family all weekend and week. The in-laws have been feeding or cat who I miss and feel guilty about abandoning for a week.

DD is 11 days old now. My supply is low due to 2.5L blood loss post delivery. DD had formula the first night as I was in ICU and we were comp feeding by day 2 as DD born at 8 pounds 2 ounces was a hungry girl and my collustrum was not enough for her.

My supply also suffered as I was feeding DD for 30 mins each side and there was nothing there so she ended up swallowing blood from my nipples and vomiting blood the night before we left the hospital so she was in special care just to ensure she was ok! I felt awful and just pumped a small amount for her and continued with formula.

We successfully got her back on the breast yesterday at the local BF clinic and they taught me how to know she has drained the breast. I am also on fenugreek and pumping after feeds. I'm happy to keep comp feeding at this stage.

I'm a little teary and tired. I didn't expect the hormones to affect me this much!

#75 mirandarine

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:55 PM

Its soul shattering isnt it? Dont worry about comp feeding. Dd has been on formula comps since day 2. My milk didnt actually come in until day 8! I feel that was only due to me starting motillium early. Once you get tje latxh right your nipples will heal and th bf will be easy. Its just the early days which are brutal.
Keep on keeping on mumma. X

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.