Ali

#2 MrsG2

Posted 07 November 2016 - 01:22 PM

Gold!!
Hope everyone is going well:)

#3 SimTM

Posted 07 November 2016 - 03:23 PM

Silver :)

all good here - had a scan (18w today) to check cervix and got a good look at bubs! the sonorgrapher is thinking team pink :)

#4 alchetta

Posted 07 November 2016 - 03:36 PM

Bronze :) that's great news SimTM! I'm very tired and still getting headaches but totally excited about little fluttery kicks. I finished crocheting a bunny rug using the rest of my late grandmother's wool over the weekend and now I just want to stay home and make things all day!

#5 MrsG2

Posted 07 November 2016 - 07:02 PM

I can't wait for flutters.. I'm 15w4d but I have an anterior placenta so it will be a while before I can hear it I think

#6 Jameelah

Posted 09 November 2016 - 11:35 AM

Wednesday update time!

How far along are you? 16 weeks today

How are you feeling? Things are looking up slightly. I'm still frustrated by the lack of energy for cleaning etc.

What symptoms are you experiencing? Tiredness, sore boobs and some cramping this week. The cramping was worrying as it was constant (was not on/off) and lasted from midday until bedtime on Monday, but it didn't intensify. Next day there was no more cramping but I seemed to be getting quite a bit of round ligament pain in my sides. I'm wondering if it was the uterus expanding.

Any Dr. appointments/ultrasounds/tests this past week and how did they go? Nope.

Any food cravings? Hmm, no. I got my fish and haven't craved anything since.

How's sleep? Pretty decent

Tell us your favorite thing about your pregnancy this week! No more nausea!

What are you looking forward to? My midwife appointment next Tuesday.

Any questions you want to ask? No

Edited by Jameelah, 09 November 2016 - 11:38 AM.

#7 MrsG2

Posted 09 November 2016 - 04:42 PM

View PostJameelah, on 09 November 2016 - 11:35 AM, said:

Wednesday update time!

How far along are you? 16 weeks today

How are you feeling? Things are looking up slightly. I'm still frustrated by the lack of energy for cleaning etc.

What symptoms are you experiencing? Tiredness, sore boobs and some cramping this week. The cramping was worrying as it was constant (was not on/off) and lasted from midday until bedtime on Monday, but it didn't intensify. Next day there was no more cramping but I seemed to be getting quite a bit of round ligament pain in my sides. I'm wondering if it was the uterus expanding.

Any Dr. appointments/ultrasounds/tests this past week and how did they go? Nope.

Any food cravings? Hmm, no. I got my fish and haven't craved anything since.

How's sleep? Pretty decent

Tell us your favorite thing about your pregnancy this week! No more nausea!

What are you looking forward to? My midwife appointment next Tuesday.

Yipee for no more nausea !! I'm also having slightly sore boobs & cramping .. I'll update more on Friday after my midwives appointment .. so nervous !

#8 **Xena**

Posted 10 November 2016 - 05:59 PM

Haven't got much to update except I finally have a Booking In appointment. It's Monday and I'll be almost 17 weeks so hoping I get to hear bubs heartbeat and book my 20 week scan :D

#9 MrsG2

Posted 11 November 2016 - 06:22 PM

I'm 16w1day today. Finally had my first midwives appointment. They asked me every question under the sun, which I don't mjnd because the lady was sweet and being thorough. Listened to bub on Doppler and it moved around and gave the midwife a hard time pinpointing it.

My shared care gp also let me have a small reassurance scan this week as I have a bit of anxiety (IVF pregnancy after a very difficult ttc journey) ...it was nice to see bub again, and thankfully all is well atm ... I have an anterior placenta so probably won't feel bub for a while

I'm craving savoury foods as usual.

Questions - for those who have anterior placentas, when did u feel bub kick?

Things I like about pregnancy, my little growing bump

Things I don't lik about pregnancy - this UTI. I'm
Done with the antibiotics but still having some irritation 😞.yuck.

#10 Jameelah

Posted 11 November 2016 - 10:41 PM

View PostMrsG2, on 11 November 2016 - 06:22 PM, said:

Questions - for those who have anterior placentas, when did u feel bub kick?

When I have had an anterior placenta I have usually felt the baby somewhere between 20-22 weeks.

Great to hear everything is going well with bub. I do hope your UTI clears up quickly for you.

#11 Jameelah

Posted 16 November 2016 - 02:30 PM

How far along are you? 17 weeks today

How are you feeling? Pretty good except for my cold. I'm still tired but finding it's much better now I'm taking iron again.

What symptoms are you experiencing? Tiredness and that's about it

Any Dr. appointments/ultrasounds/tests this past week and how did they go? Yes! I saw my midwife for our second appointment yesterday. All was well and I got my form for the anatomy scan.

Any food cravings? No, really strange actually.

How's sleep? Would be better if my nose wasn't so stuffy I'm sure.

Tell us your favorite thing about your pregnancy this week! Being one step closer to the anatomy scan. Oh, and having enough energy to actually get the house clean.

What are you looking forward to? The anatomy scan, but that's still a few weeks off so I need to find something to keep my mind busy until then.

#12 alchetta

Posted 16 November 2016 - 10:12 PM

How far along are you? 19w5d

How are you feeling? Borderline mental breakdown. I'm tired and stressed. This makes me wish I was already on mat leave which makes me feel guilty for wishing my pregnancy away. At any given moment I'm not sure if I'm going to pass out, burst into tears, throw up, hyperventilate or just fall asleep. Work SUCKS.

What symptoms are you experiencing? Exhaustion, insomnia and anxiety. Great combo!

Any Dr. appointments/ultrasounds/tests this past week and how did they go? Went to doc for extra blood test today just in case but didn't have time to actually get the blood test :(

Any food cravings? Strawberry frozen yoghurt.

How's sleep?
Can't sleep then when my alarm goes off in the morning I'm finally comfy and can't get up. I actually called in sick the other day just so I could keep sleeping. I did blissfully then sleep til midday. It wasn't enough!

Tell us your favorite thing about your pregnancy this week! The little kicks are daily now and unmistakable and I just love it. I'm so happy to be pregnant and so excited. Just actually being pregnant is still such a dream come true. Haven't even fully grasped that it's real.

What are you looking forward to? 20 week ultrasound on Tuesday! And a pregnancy massage. Need to book one in, I'm desperate.

Any questions you want to ask?
Does anyone else ever feel like you've wanted this so badly for so long that you feel like it's all too good to be true? Sure the work part is really tough for me but I just almost can't believe my luck that I'm actually going to have my very own daughter!

#13 MrsG2

Posted 17 November 2016 - 08:35 AM

Jameelah , I feel you, can't wait for that anatomy scan! GLAd your midwives appointment went well!

Alchetta you are so near your scan too! Sorry your work is being stressful. Do they know you're pregnant? I'm not telling work till I'm 20 weeks. As for feeling lucky for the pregnancy, I will forever be grateful for this pregnancy. We had been ttc for so so Long and needed IVF as well as surgery. Forever thankful here too ❤️

Afm

I'm 17 weeks today. I'm feeling ok, been feeling a bit dizzy and tired this week. Not sure why. No doctors appointments this week. No food cravings..sleep has been pretty good, I accidentally pushed my DH out of bed the other night. I just kept pushing and pushing him till he was on the edge of the bed and had no room to sleep - oops. My favorite thing about pregnancy is my little bump. I'm looking forward to feeling kicks and my 20weeks scan.. can't wait! Come on baby, kick hard even though my placenta is in the way!

#14 *Cranberry*

Posted 17 November 2016 - 01:39 PM

Hello!

I hope you all don't mind me joining into this thread, I know I'm a little late but have only just joined EB :yes:  

I'm 18 weeks pregnant with my third baby, a little surprise for us! I already have two girls, an 11 year old and a 9 year old. With such a big age gap I almost feel like a first time mum again.  We finally get to find out baby's sex in two weeks time, I can't wait!

So far I've had a very smooth pregnancy, I've been very lucky. No morning sickness and other than feeling a bit tired I barely feel pregnant at all... I spent quite a while wondering if I'd imagined the whole thing lol!

I look forward to sharing the journey with you all :yes:

#15 Jameelah

Posted 18 November 2016 - 08:22 AM

Welcome Shae-bae. Glad to have you on board.

#16 Kyz_NewMum

Posted 18 November 2016 - 10:00 AM

Nothing much for me to update - waiting for my 20 week scan on Monday next week. 19 weeks along. Smooth sailing still...

#17 alchetta

Posted 18 November 2016 - 11:57 AM

Welcome Shae-bae! I'm glad for you that you're having an easy pregnancy so far given it was a surprise especially :)
Hopefully it continues that way!

#18 little miss worry

Posted 18 November 2016 - 12:49 PM

Hi all,

How far along are you?
16 weeks 5 days today

How are you feeling?
Apart from being a little tired today and a little dehydrated I am good

What symptoms are you experiencing?
Tiredness and insomnia

Any Dr. appointments/ultrasounds/tests this past week and how did they go?
I had an appointment with my Ob this week and also had an ultrasound. Found that I have an anterior placenta so I wont get to feel any kicks for a while longer. Also found that bub is measuring in at only 15 weeks now. Ob said they give or take a week and that its fine. But still sticking with date from lmp as more accurate.

Any food cravings?
Nothing really apart from milkshakes

How's sleep?
Still suffering from insomnia

Tell us your favourite thing about your pregnancy this week!
Having an ultrasound and seeing everything was fine which was reassuring!

What are you looking forward to?
To my next ob appointment at 20 weeks and also my 20 week anatomy scan

Has anyone started to buy maternity clothing yet? If so, does anyone know of any good online sites to buy from? - I am very limited in shops to buy from where I live and think I will have to search online! it doesn't help that I am very petite and I cant find anything that doesn't look baggy and needs taking in everywhere but the stomach!!

#19 alchetta

Posted 18 November 2016 - 05:57 PM

View Postlittle miss worry, on 18 November 2016 - 12:49 PM, said:

Has anyone started to buy maternity clothing yet? If so, does anyone know of any good online sites to buy from? - I am very limited in shops to buy from where I live and think I will have to search online! it doesn't help that I am very petite and I cant find anything that doesn't look baggy and needs taking in everywhere but the stomach!!

I bought a bunch of things from ASOS online, assuming I'd keep a couple and return most.... but I ended up keeping most and only returning one thing! I've got leggings, track pants, a three pack of maternity tshirts and three dresses. Should be set now if the weather stays warm enough to wear it all. Free delivery, free returns. They also have tall and petite ranges so you should be able to find some petite stuff.

Oh and I bought two pairs of maternity jeans from JeansWest as I badly needed new black jeans for a particular event and I have been wearing them a LOT since about 10 weeks. They also have different lengths.

#20 little miss worry

Posted 21 November 2016 - 11:25 AM

Thanks Alchetta - I will have a look :smile:

#21 MrsG2

Posted 22 November 2016 - 02:28 PM

Last night we had a pretty scary experience. I Started gushing out loads of blood around 6pm and filled a fair amount of pads 😣. Had to go to emergency and wait there for about 5 hours..they checked everything , cervix, placenta and baby last night and we went again this morning and they did the same checks. All the tests came back fine thankfully but there's a small blood clot behind the placenta.. they say at this stage it shouldn't affect the pregnancy because they baby is big and it's small.. but it caused a considerable amount of bleeding.. we were and are pretty scared..but thankfully at least things look ok for now. They also moved us from midwife care to high risk care.. I guess that means my appointments r done by doctors and are more often

Anyway, sorry this is long.. just wanted to put it out there in case anyone suffers the same (hope not)

#22 *Cranberry*

Posted 22 November 2016 - 03:28 PM

How scary for you MrsG2! I hope you're able to get some rest today and take it easy for the foreseeable future.  

Really glad to hear that everything is ok with bubby, though I can only imagine that your mind is still going a million miles an hour with worry.  

Thinking you of :heart:

#23 alchetta

Posted 22 November 2016 - 04:29 PM

Gosh MrsG that's so scary! I'm sorry you had to go through that and really relieved they could check you out and find everything's ok. Hope it stays all good.

#24 AliciaMM

Posted 24 November 2016 - 08:06 PM

Hi all,

How far along are you?
19 +5

How are you feeling?
I get tired around 3.30 each day but food usually helps get over that. Otherwise I'm great now the first trimester is behind me!!

the ligaments around the cervics are stretching so a little crampy and I get this weird pain around my upper spine, I had it with my first baby too and it disappeared right after he was born. It just returned this week!!

Saw obs last week and all looking healthy thankfully. 20wk scan in just under two weeks now.

Any food cravings?
Anything sweet!!

How's sleep?
Not really. Just started using a wedge to stop me sleeping on my back so adjusting to that Atm, going to miss sleeping on my tummy tho!!!

Baby movement!

Growing baby bump and summer clothes.

#25 Jameelah

Posted 24 November 2016 - 11:06 PM

MrsG, that's so incredibly scary. Hoping everything stays fine and you can relax again.

Weekly update:

How far along are you?
18+1

How are you feeling?
Mostly just tired still but I can at least get things done now. Still needing an hour or more of sleep throughout the day most days.

Tiredness and heartburn mostly

No, but I did make my appointment for my scan. Yay!

Any food cravings?
Nothing that I would really consider a craving but I did have a desire for pizza for breakfast one morning and a meat pie another time.

How's sleep?
Generally pretty good.

Actually being sure that I'm feeling baby movements now. I only feel it in the one area which is quite low so I suspect i may have an anterior placenta

Other than the scan... Being back to pre pregnancy energy levels.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Chrissy Teigen's pride about daughter's adorable first word

Chrissy Teigen and John Legend have celebrated their 11-month-old baby Luna's first word with an adorable Instagram post.

The photo that sums up how dads REALLY feel during labour

A new mum shared a hilarious photo of her partner during labour that lots of dads will relate to.

You can never hold your baby too much, says study

From the world of super obvious science comes the news that you can never hold your baby too much.

Babies called Romeo and Juliet born hours apart in the same hospital

Two mums gave birth in adjoining hospital rooms a few hours apart. They had never met, and had each chosen their baby's name earlier in the pregnancy.

Mum organises 'nurse-in' protest at IKEA

It's hard to believe than in 2017 mums are still receiving flak for breastfeeding in public, but that's what one US mum claims happened in IKEA.

Will 'How Not to Hate Your Husband After Kids' be a best-seller?

Author Jancee Dunn hopes her new book will help mums deal with the stresses that parenthood can place on an otherwise happy relationship.

The dad who was taunted for taking paternity leave

They imagined that while I was away, I would be glued to the couch, beer in hand. In no way would I actually be helping my wife.

Photographer surprises couple with rainbow baby shoot

The prettiest and most unexpected maternity shoot for a much-wanted rainbow baby.

Mum's funny solution for finding 'me time' with a toddler in tow

If you've ever been in possession of a toddler, you'll know that it's next to impossible to get anything done.

Qualities my three-year-old has that I admire

My three-year-old daughter is one of the strongest little women that I know. As I watch her grow into this amazing person, I can't help but feel accomplished and proud.

'You need to be present': John Legend on supporting a partner with PND

Singer John Legend has opened up about supporting wife Chrissy Teigen through postnatal depression.

The seven types of 'parent sleep'

The question, "Did you sleep well last night?" should be easy to answer. Either a yes (if you're lucky), or a no.

'Anxiety hit me like a ton of bricks'

Tammin Sursok has written an essay sharing her personal experience with postnatal anxiety.

11 things to do to protect your mental health while breastfeeding

Whether breastfeeding is going well or you are finding it harder than you expected, taking care of you needs to be a priority.

Couple announces they're both expecting - three weeks apart

Being pregnant at the same time as your best friend means double the excitement.

Why Dax Shepard was 'impressed' when his daughter swore for the first time

Actor and comedian, Dax Shepard has given a hilarious recap of the lengths he'll go to get, and keep, his kids asleep.

Video captures beautiful breech caesarean birth

A new life is brought gently into the world with tender and expert hands.

Mum warns of vacuum danger after toddler injured

Every parent knows toddlers can move fast, now one mum is warning about the dangers of allowing small children anywhere near vacuum cleaners.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Win 1 of 10 awesome Peppa Pig prize packs

Who loves Peppa? We have 10 packs to give away - including family passes to see the brand new movie, in cinemas March 16!

Essential Baby & Toddler Show, presented by Blackmores

28th - 30th April, 2017, Melbourne Royal Exhibition Building, Carlton. Get your FREE ticket now. Save $20.

Free ticket offer

Essential Baby & Toddler Show, presented by Blackmores

28th - 30th April, 2017, Melbourne Royal Exhibition Building, Carlton. Get your FREE ticket now. Save $20.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.