A difficult journey (faith section)

• Please log in to reply
440 replies to this topic

#426 Not Escapin Xmas

Posted 16 December 2019 - 07:19 PM

That sounds really tough. Could you either go to a friends house or volunteer somewhere so you’re not just sitting at home?

#427 justbreath

Posted 16 December 2019 - 07:38 PM

I’m so sorry TLE. I am also facing Christmas without my kids for the first time ever (admittedly only half the day but I won’t have any 1:1 time at all as the morning is shared with my ex and the afternoon I will be alone)
It isn’t the way it is supposed to be.

Is there someone at your church who could really use the company? Or something you could volunteer at? Could you book into a hotel close to home with just your DD for a night or two? Perhaps someone would be interested in a house swap? Just something to make the time special.

#428 Sancti-claws

Posted 16 December 2019 - 09:42 PM

I like the idea of volunteering for someone who is alone - but I also think that the idea of a day of reconnecting with yourself and treating yourself like the beautiful woman that you are is worth considering.

#429 The Little Engine

Posted 16 December 2019 - 10:03 PM

I probably should add that I will See Mum on Boxing day and she DD and I are heading away. It's the actual day only I will be alone (although I have 2 sort of options from church I can drop in or another church has a lunch and need volunteers) it's just I'm starting to worry what state I will be in...

#430 Ellie bean

Posted 16 December 2019 - 10:07 PM

hugs TLE. Is there someone you can pre arrange to call on the day if you are feeling down?
I think you’re amazing by the way

#431 The Little Engine

Posted 16 December 2019 - 10:21 PM

I don't want to draw attention to the situation... I'm pretty sure most will assume I will have the kids but this year I don't.   I guess being what would have been a milestone birthday is making it even tougher than Christmas...

#432 Babetty

Posted 16 December 2019 - 10:46 PM

View PostThe Little Engine, on 16 December 2019 - 10:21 PM, said:

I don't want to draw attention to the situation... I'm pretty sure most will assume I will have the kids but this year I don't.  

It's ok to ask and accept help. You don't "have" to be strong, it's ok to just struggle through it with the support of people that care - whether that care is because they're close to you, or just because you're part of their church family. The phrase "act of grace" came into my head and I can't articulate it, but letting people care is important, not just being the one caring for others.

#433 The Little Engine

Posted 16 February 2020 - 01:46 PM

Hi all - long time no post. I got through Christmas and New Year - it was tough but took it one day at a time.  The rest of the Summer holidays went way too fast and now back to the craziness of the school year.  

Finances are a huge concern atm  (even more than usual) Will have many thousands of $$ in medical related costs for the kids in near future. I've tried talking to XH but he is refusing to commit to helping financially. He is also not paying any education costs still...  Praying hard that he comes to the party somehow- otherwise I will have to swallow my pride and talk to the boys school about fees or pull them out...

I just have to try and stay positive - every step of the way when things have looked at their worst something has come through.

#434 IamtheMumma

Posted 16 February 2020 - 02:01 PM

Talk to the school. Remove the ex from the equation.

#435 Vicbitt9

Posted 16 February 2020 - 03:59 PM

Hi TLE, glad to hear you got through Christmas - I still feel like I’m recovering from mine and it doesn’t begin to compare to your first one without your children (I am a child of divorce and probably should still be thanking God that I never had to have Christmas without my Mum!)
I am going to echo IamtheMumma - take ex out of the equation and you reduce his power, it is worth it to try to talk to the school, from what I gather things like this happen all the time so I very much hope they will help you and your kids.
And if the kids do have to change schools, you will get yourself and them through it. You are filled with amazing strength and grace and I, like many here, admire you greatly.
Xoxo

#436 Sancti-claws

Posted 16 February 2020 - 08:53 PM

Most schools encourage you to discuss fees with them if you are struggling, TLE.  Take that option now and set your mind at rest.

As to the additional medical expenses - surely he will share that too?

#437 The Little Engine

Posted 16 February 2020 - 09:24 PM

I'm praying he will help with at least the medical costs- his actions and words late this afternoon were not promising... nor is his track record to help...

#438 Sancti-claws

Posted 17 February 2020 - 04:57 AM

Sorry - its not his "decision" to help with medical costs with a child.  Do you have any court orders?  Hows the MIL lever on this one?

Choosing to not pay for your child's private education is one thing (although there as costs involved in even "free" education) BUT choosing to not assist your child with life saving medical intervention is not freaking negotiable.

Screaming on your behalf here.

Edited by Sancti-claws, 17 February 2020 - 04:59 AM.

#439 The Little Engine

Posted 25 February 2020 - 09:53 PM

It is almost 4 years since I finally left the marriage! So much has changed (good and bad). What a long and painful journey...

#440 Sancti-claws

Posted 25 February 2020 - 09:56 PM

(((((TLE)))))

#441 The Little Engine

Posted 28 February 2020 - 09:25 PM

It is 4 years today that I finally packed up and left.  A huge thank you to everyone who has supported me over the last 4 1/2 years - through the good and bad days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.