Due in February 2017 Chat Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
225 replies to this topic

#1 ~A2~

Posted 31 May 2016 - 09:21 PM

Hi everyone,

Congratulations to you all!

I have made this the general chat thread for you to talk and share, I will start new threads for this group at about 100 posts.

Please take a moment to read the rules and guidelines for this area (pinned at the top of the page) - especially regarding Facebook groups.

Feel free to start your own threads as well if there is anything specific you would like to discuss or keep separate.

Also please PM me if you have any questions or suggestions.

Congratulations again!

Ali

#2 snowfox85

Posted 14 June 2016 - 08:03 PM

Had my first confirmation blood test yesterday, got the results today and hcg levels were at 68 at 5 weeks + 2 days. She sent me to get the big battery of pregnancy blood tests done, and I'm going back in two weeks to see if hcg levels have raised enough to book in for an US. :) Very exciting, but also a bit terrifying now that I'm actually starting to "feel" pregnant - had my first day of nausea today, as well as peeing every hour and feeling slightly fatigued.
I have so many questions seeing as this is my first, and I just want to start planning everything! LOL I've already started having nightmares about things that can go wrong, and it's only been 2 days since I found out I was pregnant! :omg:

Edited by snowfox85, 14 June 2016 - 08:04 PM.

#3 Minimel03

Posted 17 June 2016 - 01:03 PM

It's very quiet in here so far! I hope some more ladies will join us.  How is everyone feeling??
I'm in a bit of a limbo state - haven't told work yet (not going to for as long as I can as I'll be restricted in the duties I can do once I tell them) and don't feel any different really so life is going on as per normal and that feels weird!!
I think I'm protecting myself a little not getting my hopes up too much yet with a history of losses too.

#4 stellargirl

Posted 19 June 2016 - 07:41 PM

Hello everyone!

I just found out on Friday 17th that I am pregnant... My oh and myself are sooo excited.

A bit about me: I have a long history of previous pituitary tumours that were operated on in 2005, 06 and 2012.  Symptoms started a good time before 05.  I have secondary hypothyroidism as a result and of course infertility as my sex hormones (all affected by the tumour on the pituitary gland) were sop deficient.

Just late last year and I felt all my issues were becoming under control for the 1st time and with turning 35 in April, I had to give IVF a go otherwise I'd never be a mother.

I came across Primary IVF in Sydney but we live in  Melbourne and although was considering in going there, my health insurance would begin covering ivf in October last year, so I was just waiting around for this to come around.   One morning before going to work, I googled bulk bill Melbourne and Primary IVF came up.  I sent an email enquiry and got an appointment on the opening day on Nov 23rd yay!! Well that date has become quite the number in my life! Before this back in July, me and my oh became engaged and I always thought the 23rd of some month would be a great date to get married on as for some reason, this number just felt so right and really like it.  Then the ivf appmt fell on the 23rd, my oh'd birthday is on the 23rd and my due date going by online ivf calculators says the 23rd....so weird!

Anyhoo, I became pregnant on our 2nd cycle. The 1st was cancelled as I was low responder on Menopur, which started at 250units.  We started the 2nd cycle at 350, that increased to 375 and then finally 450 which did the trick!  EPU got booked with getting 9 eggs (I was so surprised and happy but the swimmers were lazy (his initial tests showed fantastic results) and had a 3 day transfer  was done, which felt amazing! Okay a full bladder made it uncomfortable, but as soon as the embie was placed inside, I immediately felt this overwhelming sensation and it stayed with me the entire time afterwards.

I began talking to embie every day (ok I know sounds slightly crazy but they say talking to  people in comas etc can help, so I thought why not, its positive thinking too! I would just say how much we loved it and can't wait to meet him/her when it comes to the time etc etc (never did I think I would type all this info out lol!!)

I couldn't quite work out if some nausea I was getting on the way to work some mornings was because of the embie or my supplements that I take.  But the nausea didn't happen every morning, so I was starting to guess it may just simply be nausea from implantation etc!

Then as mentioned, I found out we were pregnant on the 17th.  I told my parents the next day (as I am an only child, so was really excited to tell them they were going to be grandparents and because it's my dad's b'day next week, I thought it would make a great early b'day presssie!) I found the best idea on how to tell them on pinterest (of course lol!) as they are huge tea drinkers, I decided to get some T2 French Earl Grey tea as well as a little cute mint green jumpsuit and some really soft booties to put in a gift box with a hand written card on top saying "Congratulations - A Grand Baby is Brewing!!"

Well I wish everyone well in their pregnancies!! xx

#5 MiaF

Posted 20 June 2016 - 04:30 PM

Loved reading your story stellargirl. 23rd is a great number (my birthday too, so I'm bias), but it sounds like it is all meant to be. I didn't do IVF, but I was talking to my body, telling it to prepare for baby, and we are having a baby, so let's make it happen..the one month I did positive thinking, it did the trick.  I also told my father for his birthday, however not as creatively as you. Looking forward to sharing our pregnancy journeys.

#6 mirandarine

Posted 20 June 2016 - 08:35 PM

Thats awesome Stellargirl. I have been ttc on and off for 8 yrs. Only recently have I found out that I have hashimotos hypothyroidism. Now on medication my levels are finally optimum and voila. BFP. All the best for the next 9 months!

#7 Wonderstruck

Posted 20 June 2016 - 08:41 PM

Hi mirandarine! I'm a fellow hashimotos person my GP and endo were on my like a hawk before even TTC, I was like I get it. I think it can be a bit under diagnosed as the symptoms are very generic. I'm glad meds gave you a sticky bean.

I'm very cautious today, bloods tomorrow to confirm HPTs. I was so convinced this morning that AF was coming (and for the past few days).

Edited by McBubba2016, 20 June 2016 - 08:42 PM.

#8 LoveBug3

Posted 21 June 2016 - 02:07 PM

Hi Stella girl I also found out on June 17th. My due date is 28 February. 23 is also my fav number... Starting dating my dh on the 23rd, both my children were born on the 23rd & are 23 months apart also my brother's son was born on the 23rd so go 23! Oh & I was Married at 23.

I am tentatively joining but I won't be less anxious till I see a hb at 8 weeks.

#9 Wonderstruck

Posted 21 June 2016 - 04:44 PM

I thought I'd be less nervous after bloods but now I'm going to be anxious until I have the 7 week scan and then get to 12 weeks.

I was off work sick with a cold I did all my admin stuff, booked my OB and hospital, it's all so confusing! The hospital also wants a 'booking fee' which worries me if I pay it and we end up losing the bub...

I'm still a bit in disbelief...can't believe this is happening...

#10 LoveBug3

Posted 21 June 2016 - 05:28 PM

Mcbubba so organised! I wasn't going to book any of that stuff till I see hb but I rang obgyn & booked the 8 week dating scan they tried to talk me into 7 weeks but I insisted on 8 & they were cool with it. I just want to know one way or the other for sure with a hb.

#11 Wonderstruck

Posted 21 June 2016 - 05:55 PM

I can understand that Love Bug.

As I have  medical condition had so many doctors to organise so wanted to be organised!

#12 LoveBug3

Posted 21 June 2016 - 06:58 PM

Oh yeah as soon as I see HB I will fly into action but it'll be our 3rd c section with the same doctor at the same hospital in 3.5 yrs so I feel v comfortable once the pregnancy gets going. What hospital r u thinking? I'm going North Shore Private (I know it now so it's kinda a no brainer for me). But we're up in Syd.

#13 Wonderstruck

Posted 21 June 2016 - 07:40 PM

I going Mater so very close. I'm in Syd too, inner west. I think as this is no 1 I'm keen to have it all booked.

I'm currently just going to be a bit stressed until I see HB...so stressful!

#14 Minimel03

Posted 21 June 2016 - 07:51 PM

Good to see you guys here LoveBug and McBubba!
I totally know the feeling of anxiousness until the scan...it's always one thing after another isn't it!? Anxious wait till the bloods, then the scan, then the next scan, then labour, then birth...it never stops!

I'm in south Syd too. A good friend of our family is a middy at North Shore Private too!!

#15 Wonderstruck

Posted 21 June 2016 - 07:54 PM

I tell you what, I thought IVF was expensive but man Sydney CBD OBs aren't far off!

I still feel in shock, I can't believe how much it felt like AF was coming in the lead up to the day she was due.

#16 Mummaduck8

Posted 21 June 2016 - 08:13 PM

I had my early scan today so feeling more reassured now. I won't get booked into hospital till bit later on. Will see GP till then.

#17 Bellablu78

Posted 21 June 2016 - 08:29 PM

Hi ladies, my gp wants me to have dating scan at 7 weeks due to previous miscarriage, is it best to wait till 8 weeks though? I'm so anxious think that's why she wanted me to have it at 7, I still think my HCG was a bit low when I had my test last week. Wow this is more stressful than TTC.

#18 Wonderstruck

Posted 21 June 2016 - 08:29 PM

Bet it was nice having the scan!!!...just got to count down... just under 3 weeks for me

#19 LoveBug3

Posted 22 June 2016 - 10:05 AM

Bella I think 7 weeks is the norm it's just that sometimes at 7 weeks they tell u to come back in a week because they can't see a HB. The woman on the phone (the receptionist told me that by 8 weeks we shld see something). It depends on what u think will make u less nervous etc. I'm sorry about ur mc we just have to remember these r different babies diff outcomes. I can def sympathise with u I'm terrified of another mc but only one way to baby land got to be in it to win it etc x

Mirandarine 8 yrs!!!! Thank God u kept trying.

Mia totally agree positive thinks & calmness def impact ttc! The first month I wasn't so intense about ttc bam it happened.

Minime I'm glad ur here too! Praying for the others esp madness fx some more will only be one month behind us.

McBubba I'm going with dr Ford who also does Mater! If he is the same dr we might see u in the waiting rooms.

Mummaducks how far along r u? What can u see in an early scan? Sry I've never had one so I'm intrigued.

#20 Wonderstruck

Posted 22 June 2016 - 10:47 AM

My scan will be 6w6d as my fertility clinic does it a 7 weeks but its only on Mondays and I'll be 7 weeks on the Tuesday...hopefully we can see something at that point.

Bella, I think HCG varies a lot person to person, as long as its going up the right way you should be ok. I'm sure the GP would have advised if it was a concern.

My 4 week levels were as follows, no idea what they mean:
E2: 2947.0
Prog: 103.3
BhCG: 453.1

I'll ask my GP when I see her this weekend.

I think a scan around 7 weeks is fine and should put your mind at ease.

I'm seeing Dr Shelley-Jones - wanted someone who consulted out of the city and had no past experience/ recommendations to go on. I'm seeing him 13 July so will be good to get a feel.

Edited by McBubba2016, 22 June 2016 - 10:48 AM.

#21 jzryan

Posted 22 June 2016 - 01:10 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm in a little bit of shock and am very scared about being pregnant. I did a test on the weekend that came back positive and am going to the drs this week to confirm. The elevit website says I'm around 4 weeks along.

It was all planned - my husband has always been more interested in having a baby but at 30 I thought the time would be right, so we started trying.

I'm not excited at all, all I can think about is how unprepared I am and how my life is going to change completely. Is it normal to feel this way?

I like the idea of having a family, but the process and application of it is overwhelming! I feel terrible and selfish for saying these things.

Any advice would be appreciated.

#22 MummyofALittleGirl

Posted 23 June 2016 - 06:18 AM

Hi Ladies, just found out I'm pregnant with #2 , we are so excited as we have been trying for almost a year.

We have a 2.5 year old, I'm still in shock !!!!

have you guys created a Facebook group yet ?

Edited by annac31, 23 June 2016 - 02:16 PM.

#23 laciem

Posted 23 June 2016 - 09:15 AM

Jzryan I understand how you feel. Ours is planned to but we were not prepared for it to happen so quickly and are feeling quite overwhelmed and daunted by all the things we need to decide and don't know.

I was planning a trip to the uk in October, do I still go? Do we relocate closer to family (currently a 5 hour flight away)? do we go private or public? should I be eating this aioli with my chips?  

I'm excited though but right now a bit paralysed by being overwhelmed.

#24 jzryan

Posted 23 June 2016 - 09:50 AM

haha laciem love your style - should I be eating aioli!

Funny you mention your UK trip. My husband and I are meant to go to Europe in a month.

Sounds like we are in a very similar situation. How old are you/where abouts do you live?

#25 laciem

Posted 23 June 2016 - 07:49 PM

I'm 30 in WA.

We'd been putting off trying for all kinds of reasons for years and at 30 figured we didn't want to wait too long and then discover it was going to be difficult so stopped using contraception.

I really didn't expect it this month. I didn't think we'd had sex at particularly good times to fall pregnant but with an irregular cycle it is hard to know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.