Due in Jan 17 Chat Thread #2

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#1 ~A2~

Posted 18 May 2016 - 09:25 PM

Hi everyone

I hope you are all well.

I thought I would start up a new chat thread as the old one is getting a bit long.

Please take a second to check out our guidelines and information at the top of the forum.

Previous thread can be found here

Regards

Ali

#2 Supermummy19

Posted 19 May 2016 - 06:22 AM

My due date got lost and wasn't copied and pasted :(

I'll do it again :)

Due date list, copy and paste add your own due date

tmay0183 - 9th Jan

Mummy2017 - 23rd Jan

amie484 - 20th Jan

DoubleDee - 1st Jan

Supermummy19 - 24 Jan

Read more: http://m.essentialba...6#ixzz492auur78
Follow us: @essentialbaby on Twitter | EssentialBabyAU on Facebook

#3 GreenEyedTigerCub

Posted 19 May 2016 - 05:39 PM

I'm just going to hover here. I tested yesterday and I am due January 15 or so, not doing blood work etc until 8 weeks as I had a previous MC early on and would rather avoid giving blood as much as possible.

#4 Caseymay

Posted 19 May 2016 - 10:15 PM

GreenEyedTigerCub welcome and I hope you get to stick around!

I booked in to see my GP but can't get in for another week. Seems like a long time to wait for someone in the medical profession to confirm that I am actually pregnant!

#5 doubledee

Posted 20 May 2016 - 05:35 AM

I had my first visit to the dr yesterday.  Over all check up, blood work.  I have another appointment Monday where I'll be referred to my OB of choice and will discuss if an early scan is wanted/needed.
Of corse just when peeing on a stick you pee one day early and your period shows up an hour later.  
I bite the bullet and book my first dr visit and I get some bleeding just hours later. (7w 4d)
I'm staying positive as I had regular 'periods' with my last two pregnancies up until around 16 weeks.  But I'm still so scared, worried, shaken at the same time.  
Thinking I'll try get in for another appointment and that early scan today to ease my mind (hopefully)...

DD

#6 PrincessW

Posted 20 May 2016 - 07:43 AM

I'm cautiously optimistic over here. Tested positive earlier this week which estimation is around the 4-5 week mark, so current estimated due date is around 24 Jan '17. I'd be keen for an Australia Day baby now I think about it.

Have a history of PCOS, Endo and Insulin Resistance hence the cautiousness. Seeing my GP on Monday afternoon to try and figure out the next steps and hopefully get cracking on a referral for an Obstetrician to guide me through the process.

Will be our first child, and is actually the first time I've ever tested positive... which is why I churned through about 3 tests!

Hope you get into see your Dr today doubledee, fingers crossed :)

#7 MitchNme

Posted 20 May 2016 - 11:10 AM

Welcome PrincessW and greeneyedtigercub šŸ˜Š

Doubledee oh that's scary with the bleeding. Hope you can get a scan and be reassured that everything is ok.

Had my first go appointment today so she is sending a referral off to the hospital. I'll be classed as high risk so I'll need to do shared Obs/midwife care.

#8 amie484

Posted 20 May 2016 - 11:13 AM

Hi Princess. I've also got PCOS and suspected endo, pregnant with number 1 following 2 rounds of ICSI/IVF so also never seen a positive POAS. I promised I wouldn't POAS coz I didn't want to get addicted but the day of my blood test at the clinic last Friday I just had to see what all the fuss was about. Got the most beautiful positive 2 lines I've ever seen lol and now I'm just waiting (impatiently) for my 1st scan on the 31st to hopefully see a little flickering heartbeat!!

#9 Tesla

Posted 20 May 2016 - 12:42 PM

My scan's on the 31st too, amie484 - I hope we both get good results!

Doubledee, fingers crossed for you, hoping everything's OK.

And congrats to new members here :)

I woke up last night feeling completely breathless and it took me ages to get my breathing back under control. It was really scary! I'm still feeling like I can't take deep enough breaths, but I think I'm focusing on it too much and it's probably in my head. I know you need more oxygen when pregnant but 6 weeks seems pretty early for this to kick in...

Anyone else had weird things going on?

#10 lilnik1000

Posted 20 May 2016 - 12:51 PM

Hi Guys,

I have been hovering around the dec/Jan groups for the last couple of weeks and decided to finally pop my head in.

My name is Nicole, and in Dec 15 I was diagnosed with endometrosis and had surgery to remove it right before xmas, and since then my boyfriend and I have been trying.

BFP came in April on my boyfriends birthday but had drama the first couple of weeks, HCG was low and slow rising, and I was having spotting/bleeding at the time, ultrasound done, nothing seen, was told I was having a miscarriage. Bleeding then stopped after a week and my HCG started to rise at a normal pace, Drs told me it was highly likely to be ectopic, had another ultrasound a week after the first, sack seen in abdo ultrasound and yolk and fetal pole seen on internal scan, at this point I was told I was only 5w2d (a week and a half later than the Drs thought).

Had cramping this week and had an emergency ultrasound at would should be 7 weeks and saw the heart beat and the little blob but was told I was measuring 6w1d. The ultrasound guy was absolutely terrible and turned the screen away from me the whole scan! The dr is not concerned about this as growth is happening.

Still super skeptical and have all my fingers and toes crossed, and just waiting it out till the 12 week mark.

Thinking I am probably due in the first couple of days of Jan 2017. Looking forward to having people to go through this with as I am a very big first timer and have absolutely no clue!!!

#11 Tesla

Posted 20 May 2016 - 01:14 PM

lilnik1000, what a rollercoaster! I've had a terrible ultrasound experience before too, it's just awful. Crossing my fingers for good news at your next scan.

I wonder if you could have lost a twin? The exact same thing happened to a friend of mine - low HCG, bleeding, and then surprise, there was a baby in there after all.

#12 QuietPlease

Posted 20 May 2016 - 02:13 PM

Ggg

Edited by QuietPlease, 15 June 2016 - 05:28 PM.

#13 Tmay0183

Posted 20 May 2016 - 02:26 PM

annnnd cue irritability.  times a thousand.  my husband is home for three days so today, I'm getting a shampoo and blow dry/straighten and maybe a manicure....
the 5 month old has been a hand full the past two weeks and i just dont know whats wrong.. poor guy.  waking at 0500 and not sleeping during the day...Im SOOO Tired zzzzzzzz
plus this prego needs a break. two weeks flying solo...three days with hubs then another 6 weeks alone...
so i need some "Me Time" without the light of my life. even if its for an hour.  seeing as though i can't drink wine!
all going on hubs credit card of course!

#14 amie484

Posted 20 May 2016 - 02:51 PM

Lilnik- I was thinking the same thing about the lost twin too

#15 Supermummy19

Posted 20 May 2016 - 04:02 PM

Lilnik- that sounds horrible! Fingers and toes crossed for you!!

#16 Spring sprung

Posted 21 May 2016 - 06:43 AM

Hi All,
I've ummed and aghhed a few times about if i should come in here or not but thought, I found out i am pregnant a few days ago....super super early, i'm sure it was 8DPO. I had a miscarriage in March and i'm fairly sure i had a chemical pregnancy in April (two extremly faint positives then turned negative). So i'm very cautious about getting excited about this one. Period is due tomorrow and if it doesn't come then i'll go to the drs next week. I've done a thousand tests and the lines are getting stronger and even the dig came up positive so i have my fingers crossed.
From my calculations it should be a January 30th due date but most likely will be booked in for an earlier ceaser.
Congratulations to everyone!!!

#17 ~A2~

Posted 21 May 2016 - 04:25 PM

Hi all

Just checking in to let you all know that Facebook groups are not too be discussed or mentioned on Essential Baby as they are completely separate.

Please see the guidelines in this section for further details.

I have edited references etc from this thread.

Regards
Ali

#18 doubledee

Posted 22 May 2016 - 11:01 AM

Hi girls!
I managed to get in to see the dr Friday morning and had a scan later in the afternoon.  Baby was measuring spot on for dates and had a heartbeat of 155bpm.  I couldn't get the cheesy grin off my face...the tech said everything seemed as it should everything measured correct, she couldn't see any fluid, tares and my cervix looked good. 8 weeks today if all is still well!

I rested all of Saturday and the MIL had my older two.  Last night though whilst at work, I started to bleed again.  More then before, more then I ever remember with my last two pregnancies.  This morning it's all eased back up and things are normal again.  I'm not passing any clots or having any cramps or pains.  Thankfully I have those repeat bloods and another dr appointment tomorrow, so check those levels have continued to rise from Thursday and Friday, and keep me feeling sane.  Trying to keep my spirits high.  

Hope your all having a lovely weekend!

DD x

#19 Supermummy19

Posted 22 May 2016 - 02:49 PM

Woops sorry A2 that was my bad

#20 88nobody88

Posted 22 May 2016 - 06:12 PM

Hi

New to this,  also first time pregnant...been told I'm due on 2 Jan 2017 after the scan, but that doesn't add up with a whole lot of other data..dr still thinks I'm due in December but we are going off Jan DD...I'm so confused right now...but happy.

So - Hi !

#21 lisa27

Posted 22 May 2016 - 07:11 PM

Hi all, my partner (peta) and i are very excited to join this group. almost 16 months ago i sadly gave birth to my still born baby girl at 33 weeks gestation. So this is our rainbow baby. we are very nervous and anxious for this baby to be born ok and it will be a tough ride for us - but worth it in the end, Im due on the 17/1 however due to the circumstances i may be induced early if I get ICP again. our family is a big one with Pete having had 5 kids in her previous marriage and i had two. we have since had one together (AI) and Harlow who we lost. SO all up this makes baby number 10 and 1.5 grandkids (2nd one due sept).
my last EB group was amazing support during and even after i lost Harlow and i look forward to getting to know you all

#22 mumtolots

Posted 22 May 2016 - 07:17 PM

Hi im Peta, Lisa's partner!! YAY im not carrying but i will be joining the group cause we are pregnant!! :)

#23 Mabel123

Posted 22 May 2016 - 09:00 PM

How is everyone going?

I'm feeling a bit nervous - I got my blood test results last week and my HCG was 13000 when it was taken the previous week at 4 weeks 6 days.  My GP has recommended that I get an ultrasound done early just to check that everything is going well.  I feel like my symptoms have reduced over the last few days, which has made me worry too.

#24 amie484

Posted 22 May 2016 - 09:02 PM

Wow that's a massive hcg!! Mine was 'only' 1377 at the exact same point 4w6d on Thursday

Edited by amie484, 22 May 2016 - 09:03 PM.

#25 Mej_syd

Posted 23 May 2016 - 12:10 AM

"Morning" sickness showed its ugly face tonight!! Although it's 5 mins past midnight so it is technically morning. By far my least favourite thing about pregnancy!!
I had it from week 6 - week 14 with my first and it was allllllll day. I had vomit bags from work stashed in my car and became a pro at vomiting while driving. I also had bacterial meningitis in the middle of that at 10 weeks so fingers crossed none of that sh*t decides to happen again!
Yay for symptoms (finally) but boo for vomiting. How is everyone else feeling?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.