IVF with PGD #110

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
901 replies to this topic

#51 1lexi1

Posted 08 April 2016 - 09:33 AM

That was nice and quick - and you have the weekend to recover, which is nice. Glad to hear it went well.

#52 purpleblaze

Posted 08 April 2016 - 09:38 AM

A dumb question, we were thinking of taking a 10 day holiday in July but are due to start our IVF journey next month. If we go away, I expect to forfeit/miss at least 1 month worth of treatment. Is this reasonable or will I potentially lose more time? We would look to book the trip soon.

We don't mind missing one month as DH needs a break from work but it's not the end of the world if we don't go. Anything else I need to be conscious of? Thanks

#53 Wonderstruck

Posted 08 April 2016 - 09:43 AM

Fantastic Shiv! Rest up!

PurpleDaze. If you don't mind waiting go for it. It can be really hard to know what you're missing as its all cycle dependant, depends on your treatment plan etc. Maybe discuss with FS and nurses?

#54 MissDolly

Posted 08 April 2016 - 10:51 AM

Happy to hear that everything went well Shiv!

purpleblaze as McBubba said I think it really depends on what your treatment plan is, though if you're starting in May I would imagine a break in July would probably work.  Speak to your FS.

Update from me - scan this morning showed a 20mm follicle so ovulation is any day now.  Had a BT, with another one tomorrow morning and possibly Monday but the FS thinks I will probably ovulate before then (and I've had a nagging headache that won't go away so I would say she is probably right!).  Looks like FET will happen late next week.

#55 MKBA

Posted 08 April 2016 - 11:03 AM

Good luck Miss Dolly!

Question - has anyone has strange cycles after a stim cycle? This is my second AF after the down reg cycle I did previously and I am due to start an antag cycle tonight.

Weird thing is since my down reg cycle my periods have be super light. This one is barely there, like not even coming through on a pad (sorry TMI) and it's not red, it's basically like spotting! I am so confused. Did a preg test and it's neg. FS said to start stims regardless and not to worry as i am doing PDG and not needing to transfer this month anyway!

Ahhhh why is nothing ever simple!?

#56 Wonderstruck

Posted 08 April 2016 - 03:22 PM

I've given up on the idea of a call today. Just have to hang on until 'early next week'...

I hate being on edge everytime the phone rings...

#57 MeerkatManor

Posted 08 April 2016 - 03:23 PM

Happy to hear your surgery went well, Shiv!

Miss Dolly - fingers crossed for a successful FET for you!

MKBA - light AF indicates that the endometrial lining was thin.  If you are not planning to do a transfer it's not a problem.  My post OCP bleeds are always light/spotting only too.  Good luck with your cycle.

Purpleblaze - I would buy tickets only after seeing your FS and confirming your treatment regime and schedule.  Some FS like to start from a natural cycle (no OCP pre-treatment which helps you schedule the stim start date), some like OCP for 2-4 weeks etc.  Too many variations to guess.  And you want to do what FS thinks is best, not what would suit your travel plans best.  Hope you have a great holiday.

How was your holiday, Greenlady?

#58 MKBA

Posted 08 April 2016 - 04:07 PM

Well what a day... I just couldn't believe how light this period was so I went to the chemist and got a different brand of preg test, literally did the test in the shopping centre toilets and it was a BFP. Feint but positive. In 2.5 years of this IVF journey it has not happened naturally so I'm actually in shock.

Very nervous wait now for blood results - because of the feint line and brown spotting over the last two days I'm not feeling very confident.

Lucky I didn't start the FSH injections this morning!

#59 MeerkatManor

Posted 08 April 2016 - 04:36 PM

Wow, fantastic news MKBA! When do you think you ovulated? When is blood hcg result due back? Fingers crossed for positive results for you.

#60 MKBA

Posted 08 April 2016 - 05:18 PM

Hopefully first thing tmrw morning...
I think I ovulate D15 or 16 and I'm D31 today.

I don't feel preggo but who knows! Waiting game continues, I just really hope it's not another pending m/c.

#61 MissDolly

Posted 08 April 2016 - 08:43 PM

MKBA wow that is fantastic!! Fingers crossed for you. Lucky you did the test!!

#62 Wonderstruck

Posted 08 April 2016 - 09:01 PM

Fantastic MKBA got it all crossed for you!

Edited by McBubba2016, 08 April 2016 - 09:01 PM.

#63 1lexi1

Posted 08 April 2016 - 09:12 PM

Wow! MKBA, I hope this is the one for you!!

Edited by 1lexi1, 08 April 2016 - 09:12 PM.

#64 tac87

Posted 08 April 2016 - 11:08 PM

Good luck MKBA. Very exciting.

#65 Wonderstruck

Posted 09 April 2016 - 07:25 AM

MissDolly - you must be glad things are moving! I'm so excited for you finally to be at this point.

GreenLady - I hope you had a lovely holiday. Not long till you start stims now!

MKBA - heres hoping its a sticky!!! Hanging out for your news.

AFM - have a cold a feeling gross. Really hoping this passed quickly as I'm not in the mood for it lol, especially being CD25 and expecting AF any day now.

This may be the first time a while I'll be wishing the weekend away.  I'm going crazy and hoping they call early on Monday.

Catching up with friends this weekend so hopefully that helps.

#66 MKBA

Posted 09 April 2016 - 10:44 AM

Thanks ladies!

HCG is only 54 and Progresterone was 50... FS said he is happy w my progesterone and will retest on Monday. He sad could have been a late implantation.

From the stats I have read HCG should be over 100 at this stage but will know more on Monday.

Have a good weekend ladies. x

#67 Shiv7897

Posted 09 April 2016 - 10:50 AM

good luck mkba, fingers crossed for you that the hcg keeps rising!

#68 Wango

Posted 09 April 2016 - 03:40 PM

MKBA - good luck - that wait between Hcg tests is a killer!  The IVF waits are nothing on the wait to see if your Hcg has risen!!!!! I had a great start then slowed to 74 hour doubling for second test but has shot up again now so it can go in fits and starts.

#69 purpleblaze

Posted 09 April 2016 - 03:47 PM

Thanks meerkat, will def wait until I see the FS as the holiday is a nice to have not a must have so will take her advice.

#70 Green lady

Posted 09 April 2016 - 04:22 PM

I'm back from holiday. Still in jet lag fog though. Last pill tomorrow and then start stims next Fri adding luveris from day 5 of FSH which I've not done before. Sounds like there might be some results through for some this week ( McBubba). Let's hope the good roll continues.

#71 Wonderstruck

Posted 09 April 2016 - 04:53 PM

Fx for a late implantation and speedy doubling MKBA.

GreenLady - you'll fly through stims, you seem to handle it well.

Thanks for the support guys, can't wait for this cold to be gone and to get those bloody results...feel like I have the PGD waiting record...

#72 Blue Lavender

Posted 09 April 2016 - 07:07 PM

Purple blaze my thoughts are to go on the holiday. Important to have some nice time with t partner before the injections start

#73 livelifelovehappy

Posted 09 April 2016 - 07:40 PM

Just popped in to see how everyone was going. Fingers crossed for everyone. I am so hoping that everything goes well for you al this week, so many promising results! And I feel for you McBubba, you have been waiting since I started looking into the PGD process a few weeks ago!! Good luck!

We are almost certainly going to go for it. I want to get healthy and get my cycle back before we have all our testing done, to put our best foot (feet) forward so to speak.

I am going to lose two kilos, am on a range of supplements and get back to exercise and then get my referral. It's a couple of months of preparation after all my poor body (and heart) has been through.

I am excited and hopeful again (cautiously).

Wishing for loads of positive news this week!!

#74 snappytom

Posted 10 April 2016 - 10:34 PM

Hi everyone! I'm new here!

Hubs and I are in the TWW after our first IVF cycle. We had only 2 embryos, both C grade (is that bad?!). Transfer was Thursday and "the" bloodtest is on Monday the 18th.

Having insane hot flashes at the moment; like sweat dripping off my forehead, air con going full pelt, wearing just my undies around the house... not sure what's going on. I hope it is a great sign but I think it might be the progesterone pessaries.

How is everyone else going? hoping everyone has had a fantastic weekend with lots of babydust!

Snappytom

#75 Shiv7897

Posted 11 April 2016 - 07:23 AM

welcome snappytom! good luck - hope this is the one for you!

mcbubba - hope today is your day - you've had the patience of a saint!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.