Due October Chat Thread #2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
201 replies to this topic

#76 LoveBug3

Posted 04 March 2016 - 07:14 PM

N.Tonks thanks so much I can't seem to stop crying I'm so scared. Your words mean so much to me its so good you had a positive outcome there is really nothing like seeing that heartbeat which makes you breathe a bit easier!

I ended up having to tell my parents today as we went to their house (they help me with the kids as they live nearby) and I thought I better tell them why I couldn't stop crying.

They were great my father just told me to go and sleep and they completely looked after ds & dd very Victorian Era. I feel a lot less alone now at least then I was feeling this morning. I am definitely feeling the emotional symptoms of pregnancy so I'm guessing that is somewhat a good sign.

#77 FeralRebelWClaws

Posted 04 March 2016 - 08:04 PM

View PostN. Tonks, on 04 March 2016 - 05:00 PM, said:

Did anyone here have nice printout photos they can see clearly after their scans? I only got the normal ultrasound films and didn't get offered anything different.

Every scan (I've had 3 so far...) I get given a disc with all the images they took and one of the scans I also got a video of the baby's heart beating.

#78 N. Tonks

Posted 05 March 2016 - 09:55 AM

It's ok Lovebug3! I think I was 58 at 4+2. After googling HCG ranges I found a chart here https://www.huggies....toms/hcg-levels and it seems as if that's in the normal range. It seems to suggest if you have a lower HCG level to start with, your increases are greater than those who had a higher level to start with so you'll catch up!

#79 Morton-89

Posted 05 March 2016 - 02:54 PM

Holy guacamole has anyone's boob size gone up by a mile already?! I'm already at a 14F and I'm only 8 weeks! Lord help us all when the babies arrive hahaha

#80 ilovethebeach

Posted 06 March 2016 - 11:00 AM

lol Morton my boobs have gone up a bit but in comparison to my tummy they look small and im 6 weeks.  Trying to figure out how to disguise my bump in my work clothes.

#81 LoveBug3

Posted 06 March 2016 - 03:36 PM

Hi guys just for a quick update i got the 2nd blood tests back the nurse rang me on her day off God bless her they were 88hcg (up frm 57 after 48hrs). So its a mixed blessing at least its not droping! Im going back for more bloods tomorrow. Prayers would be great!

#82 MrsP2014

Posted 06 March 2016 - 03:56 PM

morton- mine are gradually increasing but so sore, i also think they have changed shape if thats possible, I've already swapped to stretch ah bra like bra's as they seem to minimise discomfort.

lovebug- prayers done, hopefully its just a slow riseR!

Im feeling really fat, not pregnant big just fat....will have to work on this mentality, craving carbs and things like plainish pasta a bread/sandwhiches are a staple as they don't make me feel sick.

can't believe im 9 Weeks, its getting harder to hide at work as more and more people work it out and im no longer denying it to people i feel comfortable with.

hope your all having a great weekend.

#83 FeralRebelWClaws

Posted 07 March 2016 - 07:58 AM

View PostLoveBug3, on 06 March 2016 - 03:36 PM, said:

Hi guys just for a quick update i got the 2nd blood tests back the nurse rang me on her day off God bless her they were 88hcg (up frm 57 after 48hrs). So its a mixed blessing at least its not droping! Im going back for more bloods tomorrow. Prayers would be great!

Don't stress too much, my hcg has been rising REALLY slowly... like since about 6 weeks, it's taking a week to double. In that time, I've had 3 scans and each scan has showed the perfect amount of growth and a heartbeat getting stronger each time!

Just to give you an idea
4w3d - 282
4w6d - 576
5w3d - 2233
5w6d - 3900
6w3d - 12454
6w3d - scan measuring 5w6d HB 114
6w6d - 15333
7w - scan measuring 6w3d HB 123
7w3d - 26700
8w - scan measuring 7w4d HB 160
8w6d - 57000

From what my scan is measuring I'm actually about 4 days behind each of those dates, despite having ovulation tracking and knowing when I ovulated to within 1 days (so a Friday or Saturday). So I may have been 1 day less than those dates from ovulation.

Moral of the story... don't give up hope :)

#84 Joan10

Posted 07 March 2016 - 06:07 PM

Smahho - hope you're okay. Just thought I'd let you know, with my daughter, I had spotting from weeks 5-8. Then this pregnancy, I started spotting at six weeks. I went and called my OB and they did a scan and I saw bubba with a heartbeat which was such a relief.

This didn't mean I stopped stressing with the spotting coz believe me, I haven't had it in ages now (I'm 10 weeks tomorrow) but I STILL check to see if there's anything on the tissue after I pee.

i went on progesterone pessaries too like with my daughter after the spotting. Who knows if it helped but it felt good knowing I was potentially helping my situation.

I know it's easier said than done, but please take comfort in that spotting doesn't necessarily mean something is going wrong. hugs x

#85 smmaho

Posted 07 March 2016 - 06:39 PM

Lovebug3 hopefully they keep on rising for you.

Thanks Joan10 it's always good to hear others positive stories.

I continued to spot over the weekend however I haven't had any today which is good. I went to my GP who said that spotting can be normal and the fact that it was minimal spotting and it has seemed to stop is a good thing. Because I'm not seeing my ob for another 3 weeks he has given me a form to go get an early scan done so hopefully I can organise that for after work one night this week or even on Saturday.

Still slightly sick too! Guess my immune system is down with this pregnancy. Dr has finally given me antibiotics so hopefully that clears up this chesty cough!

Edited by smmaho, 07 March 2016 - 06:40 PM.

#86 Me - You

Posted 09 March 2016 - 10:44 AM

Hi all, hope everyone is going along ok.

Just wanted to check back in after my scan yesterday at 6w4d. It was a really horrible experience, but the end result seems positive!

Without going in to too much detail, we were told baby stopped growing two weeks ago and to prepare for miscarriage, only to be called back two hours later (the longest two hours of my life!) and be told that my hcg was up and everything was looking good! Unbelievable!

Still concerned about the measurements, and dreading the scan next week, but I know there are better explanations (rushed scan, only one measurement taken, tipped uterus, dates in question, etc).

All the very best to us all!

#87 Lily-bee

Posted 09 March 2016 - 12:13 PM

How scary You+Me. I will have my fingers crossed it all turns out well for you.

Hope you are ok Smmaho and no more spotting?

Did you get your follow up BT LoveBug3

AFM- nausea/sickness is still lingering all day! Learning to just live with it and hope it goes away soon. Had a vivid dream yesterday that I have a successful VBAC and gave birth to a little girl! Seemed so real!

#88 LoveBug3

Posted 09 March 2016 - 01:35 PM

You+Me wow! Talk about a nightmare experience!! U must be shaken.

Lily-be i'm just not brave enough to test again. I went back & saw a gp he said they won't do anything with the test results anyway so im going to wait till 6+5 & get the results fwded to my obgyn. The GP said it will "resolve" one way or another by the weekend. I'm just lying down as much as possible & praying, my parents are doing ALOT of the work for me with kids.i have to somehow make it to the 22.3 to 7weeks to see or not see a heartbeat. Slowest days of my life.

#89 N. Tonks

Posted 09 March 2016 - 05:55 PM

Glad to hear the results were positive in the end You + Me and I'll be crossing my fingers for more good news for you!

AFM when I had my scan they found an incidental lesion on my kidney but got it checked in another scan today and the tech thinks it's all ok. So over the drink 1L of water and hold routine though! The scan was 20 mins behind and I thought I was gonna lose it!

#90 Living_The_Dream

Posted 09 March 2016 - 06:15 PM

Hey everyone just a quick question. My nausea has really cranked up now & im vomiting. I don't know if I should eat again soon or if I should just stick to ice water till the nausea passes. I feel like I'm going to vomit again, I do have zofran wafers should I take one?

Edited by Living_The_Dream, 09 March 2016 - 06:55 PM.

#91 smmaho

Posted 10 March 2016 - 06:26 AM

a bit of an update on the spotting. I spotted again on Tuesday but no spotting yesterday so we will see what today brings. I have booked in for a scan but can't get in till next Wednesday.

On a positive note yesterday at 7 weeks nausea and fatigue hit me like a tonne of bricks! Weird saying that's a positive but at least they are symptoms :)

#92 FeralRebelWClaws

Posted 10 March 2016 - 07:25 AM

N Tonks, that's weird they made you drink so much. I was told to have 2 small glasses of water. That was in fact too much for me. Thankfully, from then I have skipped the water and just had internals. I have now had 4 scans so far (I'm 10w tomorrow). I have another next Thursday and then the 12w scan about 12 days after that!

#93 Lily-bee

Posted 10 March 2016 - 09:47 PM

Dream fizz- did you get my PM re: the group?

Still nauseous as ever! Gah! Plus sense of smell has heightened and I can smell things from across the room.  Nothing tastes good anymore! Except Vegemite toast with cheese!

#94 Rainbowbaby2012

Posted 11 March 2016 - 02:18 PM

Hi all I just found out on Monday that I'm expecting baby no#3 due date 19/10 my eldest birthday but will go 1-2 weeks early as it will be a c section.
I have a dating can booked for Monday so fingers crossed things look okay.
Is there a fb group ?

#95 TrueBogan

Posted 11 March 2016 - 02:33 PM

Is there a facebook group for due in oct

Edited by TrueBogan, 11 March 2016 - 03:11 PM.

#96 N. Tonks

Posted 11 March 2016 - 04:16 PM

Ooohhh good luck for your scan FRWC! I've also been eating tons of vegemite Lily-bee, I think it's like a comfort thing.

Follow up appt. re. kidney looks good and I was finally able to get my referrals and I even managed to book into the birthing centre! Decided to go with shared care for those that were following my questions about this and turned out to be the right decision because otherwise I think the appointment at the birthing centre would have been too late. I actually got excited today, like it's the first time it hit me that this could actually really be happening!

#97 little_beans

Posted 11 March 2016 - 06:12 PM

Hi All, I only found out I was pregnant last night, had a dating scan today and I'm 8wk1day. This is bub #2, we already have an 18mth old daughter.
Is there a facebook group? I would love to join, I joined one with my daughter and it was great! ☺

#98 TrueBogan

Posted 11 March 2016 - 09:29 PM

Does anyone know about SCH?

#99 ThrilledWolf

Posted 11 March 2016 - 10:43 PM

Hi everyone sorry for novel !!
So much going on! It's hard to check forum on my phone but I'm trying to do it more so I'm not just active on the group that shall not be named

We have had a stressful week
Had bleeding and then passed some small clots then a very baby looking mass the bleeding stopped that night and I went for ultrasound in morning where they said I was pregnant with twins but sadly one had passed
I'd had a scan before this one where the gp and technician didn't tell me about the second baby so technician from this scan said baby may not have had fetal pole at first scan so they chose not to tell me
Will be discussing with my gp as think this was very unprofessional At least I could've had some warning for the loss
One still in there is doing amazing strong heartbeat, moving on scan and tracking for dates I'm 8w4d today
They can see that the first sac is bleeding out over the top of the second and she said may keep draining for a while but hopefully all will be absorbed rather then more spotting

I also have ectropion cervix like some others have mentioned but I had that with my son so know what to expect mine can be pretty bad with any light exercise causing spotting and  the more I do worse it gets if I have intercouse it's very messy

So happy to still have our one blessed baby and can't wait to meet him or her hoping they stick in there tight now and keep on growing

Oh also for melb ppl found a place that does scans for training
It's hour scan, they pay u $25 and u get all images
I'm going next wed I'll link to it on the "group"

Xxxx

Edited by ~A2~, 20 March 2016 - 05:12 PM.

#100 LifeWithMyBoys

Posted 12 March 2016 - 09:45 AM

If you don't mind sending your email adores and we can add you :)

Oh no, I'm so sorry ThrilledWolf for the loss of one baby. This sticky baby so special and strong.
That was quite unprofessional of your gp and technician to do. You deserve to know about all babies you're carrying regardless of anything as its your body. What gives them the right to make that choice for you? :(
Good luck with your extra special sticky baby :)

Edited by LillyLoves14, 12 March 2016 - 09:55 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.