Due October Chat Thread #2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
201 replies to this topic

#51 Joan10

Posted 02 March 2016 - 08:01 AM

Welcome You and Me :)

Sorry to hear some of you have been feeling quite sick. And all the best to Lily-bee for your scan. Hope it went well.

I had my scan yesterday at nine weeks. My OB sees me every week or so coz of the spotting I had which has since been gone for a few weeks.

It was so weird being able to see the little one moving around already in there!! Even tho I'm sure I saw this with my daughter in my last pregnancy, I feel like a newbie going through everything again for the very first time. I had forgotten and got so teary seeing it!

#52 Lily-bee

Posted 02 March 2016 - 10:29 AM

Scan went well although we had to wait 2 hours for the OB as she got called into 2 emergencies!

At least we saw baby and HB has gone up to 161.

I have to book in for my first trimester screening next and then next appointment with OB in 8 weeks time (I'll  be 16 weeks!!).

Nausea is still lingering so hoping it will go away soon!

How is everyone else going?

#53 MrsP2014

Posted 02 March 2016 - 10:30 AM

hi ladies, well after a stressfull 14 hours we've just had confirmation that all is well. had bleed and some cramping like pain, so quick trip to the ED, crappy night stressing over a possible miscarriage, we  had a scan showing a happy baby with a  nice heartbeat, moving around too which was nice. the sonographer was really excited with us. gave us a few photos and said everything is tracking nicely. she also said she would scan multiple women a day who have early bleeds and everything is fine.

so now thats over i can get back to enjoying this sinus infection....

#54 N. Tonks

Posted 02 March 2016 - 05:29 PM

I'm so glad Mrs P, that sounds really stressful!

#55 honeybarbara

Posted 02 March 2016 - 06:14 PM

So good to get that confirmation Mra P.

I'm really looking forward to when the ultra tiredness passes. Ugh

#56 LoveBug3

Posted 03 March 2016 - 01:57 PM

Im so scared I have to ring the Dr at 5:30 to confirm pregnancy by using bloods I shld be 4+2days.... never been so nervous in my life. Did anyone else feel like this before getting bloods confirmed?

#57 N. Tonks

Posted 03 March 2016 - 04:20 PM

Yes so much LoveBug3 I even POAS again before heading in!

#58 Yeahidunno2or3

Posted 03 March 2016 - 04:45 PM

View PostLoveBug3, on 03 March 2016 - 01:57 PM, said:

Im so scared I have to ring the Dr at 5:30 to confirm pregnancy by using bloods I shld be 4+2days.... never been so nervous in my life. Did anyone else feel like this before getting bloods confirmed?

I can almost confidently say, all of us have felt like that. Good luck, have you got the results yet? x x Hoping for big numbers for you

#59 LoveBug3

Posted 03 March 2016 - 04:53 PM

Hi Gals just a quick update Douglas pathology is having a backlog in our area so won't be able to find out to 9am tomorrow.... its ok i just have to go to sleep early & I'll know. I feel like such a worrier my first 2 I didn't even know what HCG was! but since this 1 took a little while to conceieve i've been trying to educate myself which may have been a mistake lol.thanks for checking on me PJVedderGirl i'll update tomorrow.

#60 Yeahidunno2or3

Posted 03 March 2016 - 05:02 PM

Oh boo, that's frustrating. Well best of luck for a restful sleep and great news in the morning :)

#61 3'sacrowd

Posted 03 March 2016 - 06:04 PM

Hi ladies.
My name is Sandra . I live in Brisbane.I'm due 7 Nov but no group yet, but will have bubs around the week of the  24th Oct. We aren't finding out the gender( well I hope I won't).

Had bloods/urine tests done today. I had to fast. I don't remember doing that until much later in the pregnancy.

Sandra

#62 Living_The_Dream

Posted 04 March 2016 - 07:13 AM

Yay!! 6 weeks today & the nausea has started. It's so reassuring :) I still haven't had my first appointment I was going to have an earlier one but figured there is no real need for it yet. So my first appointment is in 2 weeks. It's such a long wait especially when you get a bfp before 4 weeks & reading all this group's posts which are so far ahead!! Anyway I'm trying to keep myself busy so the time flies. I'm happy once I see a heartbeat for things to slow down but I just can't relax until then!

#63 LoveBug3

Posted 04 March 2016 - 07:59 AM

Living_The_Dream I totally agree I don't feel I can relax until I see a heartbeat.

I ended up getting my HCG results last night (the nurse ended up working back so she rang me around 7). They were only 57 (at 4+2 weeks). I'm so worried about it. I'm getting more tests done on sat & won't find out the results till Monday. Fingers crossed everything goes ok.

#64 Living_The_Dream

Posted 04 March 2016 - 08:45 AM

fingers crossed for you lovebug3. You may have ovulated/implantated late. I hope they double for you. It's a long wait especially over a weekend!

#65 Me - You

Posted 04 March 2016 - 10:51 AM

Living the Dream, 6 weeks here too!

I suppose the only positive to our history is that we have been having appointments and blood tests every since I got my BFP, and we have our first scan on Tuesday, so 6w4d. I am already a complete mess, even with the latest results being fantastic, I just need to get to that appointment and see this little one.

lovebug, fingers crossed for you and hope the weekend goes as quickly as it can for you.

#66 smmaho

Posted 04 March 2016 - 12:42 PM

Well this morning I had brown spotting :( and a tiny bit this afternoon. Only notice it after I've been to the bathroom. I'm devastated and fearing the worst. This is what happened in Jan when I had the chemical pregnancy. A few days of spotting and then turned into a period. I was starting to feel hopeful at 6w3d.

I'm not sure what I should do or can do. I haven't even met my ob yet and being a Friday I won't be able to get a scan done. I could go to my gp however if I'm going to miscarry then as my gp has said in the past you can only wait and see what happens. I'm at work and feel like crying.

#67 FeralRebelWClaws

Posted 04 March 2016 - 01:37 PM

smmaho I am so sorry you are going through this!

There are some others in the DIg who have also had spotting and scans showed everything was fine. So don't give up! Tell bubs to stay put and try to relax (I know, I know!!!)

#68 Living_The_Dream

Posted 04 March 2016 - 01:51 PM

Smmaho you could go to hospital/nurse/on call doctor? But if your at work it's kinda hard to do that. They could check hcg, hormones, do scan or something by that stage right?! If your spotting at 6w3d it's past the chemical pregnancy stage surely & either way if you already have had a loss it may be worth getting some extra attention now.

Also as FRWC said lots of people get brown spotting & continue a healthy pregnancy I hope that is the case for you, I had a heavy brown bleed with my second baby at 10 weeks, which continued to full term & a healthy baby.

You+Me great I have a pregnancy buddy :) your lucky you get to see Bub so soon & have had a few appointments.

Edited by Living_The_Dream, 04 March 2016 - 01:59 PM.

#69 LoveBug3

Posted 04 March 2016 - 02:50 PM

Smmaho u can go to the ER u can ring them ahead of time or u can go private n just pay the $ (its worth it). You prob won't feel better till u see bubs. Nothing I say is going to help but we're all here for u.

#70 smmaho

Posted 04 March 2016 - 03:29 PM

I've never heard of ringing the emergency department before hand. If I did just turn up at emergency I could be ther for hours just to have a scan done. I guess I will wait till Monday and call the OB or go in and see my GP to arrange a private scan.

I guess my thinking is if I'm going to miscarry then there's nothing I can do about it and sitting around in emergency on a Friday afternoon is probably going to make th feeling worse.

Hopefully th brown spotting stops if not then I'll see someone on Monday after work.

#71 LoveBug3

Posted 04 March 2016 - 04:44 PM

Smmaho the only reason i know u can do that is cause a guy at my work did that with his wife when they couldn't feel the baby move  obviously much further along (everything was fine baby kicked during the scan). Hopefully everything will be ok for both of us what a day.

#72 Yeahidunno2or3

Posted 04 March 2016 - 04:55 PM

Smmaho, I'm one of the girls that have had brown spotting. It started the same day I lost my pregnancy in June last year, and I was devastated, thinking the worst also. My boobs seemed to stop hurting too, I thought it was all over.
I had a first aid course to do the next day, and it was hell, ended up going to the emergency room that night. Took hours to get in, but they did a scan and an internal exam, and baby was measuring ahead, and heartbeat was perfect. She said I had evidence of cervical ectropion, which is basically when the inside of your cervix grows a little bit on the outside, and because of the hormones and extra blood, it's easily irritated and can cause spotting and even bleeding.
We went for another scan a week later, and had continued to spot a very small amount every day, and still my scan was fine, no evidence of bleeding at all, everything looks fine, measuring perfect heart beat strong.

I've had miscarriages, and even though they tell me I'm fine, I don't feel perfectly safe ever. And so far, I have had 3 days without any brown at all.. fingers crossed it's gone now!
I've done a LOT of googling and looking into what could be causing my bleed.. the ectropion does make most sense to me, but because when she did the exam, she didn't see blood at the time, I was still worried maybe it was something else. There are so many reasons for spotting, and it's way more common than we think.
There are a few girls in this DiG who have had a subchorionic hematoma bleed and had spotting, a couple with ectropion, but also, have found many people who had spotting at around 6-7 weeks caused from the placenta implanting, or breakthrough hormonal bleeding from when they should have had a period. On one pregnancy app I have on my phone, it is even listed as one of the symptoms we may have around this time.

I hope everything is ok, and you're just another one of us who get stuck with the "common" but no less very stressful spotting curse. x x Try not to stress too much, and if it might help ease your mind, consider going to the emergency room. At least they can scan you. Do you have a womens hospital near you with an early pregnancy unit?

#73 N. Tonks

Posted 04 March 2016 - 05:00 PM

Hey LoveBug3 please don't be worried, I had HCG around those numbers at the same stage. I'm now 8w2d based on LMP and had first scan today, measuring 7w6d and with a heart rate of 158. Was too busy trying not to pee myself after drinking 1L of water to really see the baby though!

Did anyone here have nice printout photos they can see clearly after their scans? I only got the normal ultrasound films and didn't get offered anything different.

I'm so sorry Smmaho and really hope the spotting stops for you. I can understand your anxiety because of your past experience and just hope this time bubs is ok xx

#74 smmaho

Posted 04 March 2016 - 05:06 PM

Thank you all so much for your lovely responses. PJVedderGirl unfortunately no I live an hour away from the city so no women's hospital near by. I think I will just wait until Monday, if I'm really struggling with it then I will go in tomorrow to the dr.

#75 MrsP2014

Posted 04 March 2016 - 05:07 PM

smahho- if you go to emergency the can test your HCG levels and check that their rising, also organise a scan for you, which will be quicker then waiting until monday and trying to organise it then. ED's are 24hr service so they run over the weekend and should be able to work something out for you.

im also one who's had bleeding and spotting and still trucking along nicely. i had a big bleed at 4w3d and thought it was all over, then bled/spotted for 10 days, had a scan at 6w4d and everything was perfect. i had spotting and cramping pain this week, had a scan done the next day and all is well. its not over  just yet.

I've just bought a belly belt as none of my shorts fit and it flipping hot here, i also picked up a pregnancy/birth journal to note down all thats happening. scan on wednesday so excited, then nothing till april so hopefully no more scares and i make it 3.5 weeks without an emergency scan,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.