Hi all

New thread time

Previous thread

Regards

Ali

#2 RollerGirl

Posted 24 February 2016 - 07:47 PM

Hi all,
I'm moving into this group from the Sept DIG since my dating scan.
I hope that you are all well!

#3 Morton-89

Posted 24 February 2016 - 08:49 PM

Hi ladies just wondering if anyone knows what the go is with leftovers. We had Thai/Chinese for dinner tonight and have leftovers. If I eat them tomorrow piping hot is that ok? Or is it better to avoid it completely? :)

#4 ChilliDog

Posted 24 February 2016 - 08:55 PM

Eating leftovers is fine Morton-89, just make sure they are nice and hot before eating.

#5 Eliloulou

Posted 24 February 2016 - 09:00 PM

I would eat left overs the next day only, either straight from the fridge or piping hot! Yum yum!

#6 LifeWithMyBoys

Posted 24 February 2016 - 09:02 PM

Welcome to October, RollerGirl.

Leftovers always taste better the next day imo 🙃

Edited by LillyLoves14, 24 February 2016 - 10:13 PM.

#7 Morton-89

Posted 24 February 2016 - 09:21 PM

View PostChaos & Bliss, on 24 February 2016 - 09:00 PM, said:

I would eat left overs the next day only, either straight from the fridge or piping hot! Yum yum!
To be honest they only ever last the extra day haha thanks for your help ladies. Thought it'd be ok but just wanted to double check. I'll have to get to used to eating leftovers hot now, I generally eat them cold cos I can't be bothered to heat them up hahaha

#8 Lily-bee

Posted 24 February 2016 - 09:43 PM

I love leftovers! Eat them hot and it will be fine.

GP prescribed me some nausea pills so hoping it helps.

Welcome RollerGirl!

#9 Trina1234

Posted 25 February 2016 - 01:28 AM

Does anyone know why hard cheeses are okay (Parmesan and cheddar) while blue cheese and feta are not ?? I could easily sit down and eat a packet of biscuits with blue cheese right now !!! Yum :-)

PS - the overwhelmed feeling / insomnia / MS has me up at 2 most mornings... Never seem to get back to sleep though...

#10 Jen Wheatley

Posted 25 February 2016 - 05:25 AM

Smmaho - I have never heard of the Gender test I personally would just wait til the 20 week scan (especially since I'm saving like crazy for my OB's bill that comes at 21 weeks. But that is me. I am getting the downs syndrome test done, I do not care if my miracle baby is "normal" or "downs" (as ppl have said to me) I just care that it sticks and is born,  but if it happens to have high markers for downs I would like time to research and prepare myself and DH so we are mentally ready for when he or she arrives.

Trina1234 - I read it's because soft cheeses have more water in them that sits and creates the bacteria Listeria which is bad for a developing baby.

Lily-Bee - Good luck with your pills I hope they work for you.  I nearly fell asleep at work the other day I had to go for a walk for a hot choc as I am averaging about 4 hours sleep with the constant wake ups.  I am that tired it's making me nauseous but I can't take a day of work as I am a contractor and won't get paid so I'll just sleep Sat away (hopefully!!)

#11 smmaho

Posted 25 February 2016 - 06:09 AM

Jen Wheatley - thanks for your input :) I've just created a seperate thread for it as I think it might get a bit lost in the germinal chat room.

I would eat leftovers but have them really hot which is what I do generally anyway because I'm always cautious of food poisoning pregnant or not :)

#12 pikkulintu

Posted 25 February 2016 - 11:39 AM

Love leftovers! I have to keep reminding myself not to pick at stuff from the fridge and heat everything till it's piping hot but still being a bit cautious about what leftovers I'm eating.

Filling in all the paperwork for my obs and the hospital I'm booked at which is exciting. Dating scan is in a couple of weeks. I swear though, this week seems to be absolutely dragging!
Nausea has started coming in waves but trying to do what I can without overdoing it housework and work wise cause I know in a week or so it's going to be 24/7 and relentless.

#13 Eliloulou

Posted 25 February 2016 - 01:18 PM

Welcome to Oct Rollergirl! Pretty cool you go from being one of the last in the group to one of the first! I was 3rd last with DD in my last DIG, she was born a week late on March 31st!

#14 Joan10

Posted 25 February 2016 - 04:16 PM

Oh man, I feel like ive been LIVING on left overs the last two weeks. All we do is eat out :( I'm so put off cooking, and looking at or touching raw meat (gag). I'm also so tired all the time that the thought of cooking drains me haha.

I've just been reheating until piping hot.

#15 Lily-bee

Posted 25 February 2016 - 04:23 PM

I havent been too bad with cooking but with a 2 year old you kind of don't have an option =)

What is getting to me at the moment is this nausea and the constant need to snack on crackers to help which them gives me indigestion and makes me feel worse.
Plus I have decided I hate crackers!

Bring on the weekend!

Gave my papers to the OB office today which was exciting and the receptionist said she recognised me from before. I was amazed as she hasn't seen me in over 2 years. Appointment on Tuesday.

#16 Morton-89

Posted 25 February 2016 - 04:27 PM

Haha Lily Bee crackers aren't going down too well over here either. They made me so sick the other day that every time I ate them, I actually threw them back up and trust me, it's no easy feat to throw up dry crackers haha. I try and eat whatever I'm craving because usually whatever I'm craving will be delicious haha

#17 Living_The_Dream

Posted 25 February 2016 - 06:26 PM

My first appointment is now tomorrow! I'm only 5 weeks. I guess it will just be to touch base with the doctor. I'm planning to hold off dating scan till 8 weeks.

#18 Possum88

Posted 25 February 2016 - 11:22 PM

My nausea hasnt ramped up yet its just coming in waves but it set in till 18 weeks with dd from 6 weeks so i have a couple more days but im hopeful it doesn't get as bad.

I booked my scan today for the 8th! It was the next available appt. Im glad i dodnt wait to call next week as id have to wait even longer.

Has anyone told anyone other than dp/dh about their pregnancy?

#19 Jen Wheatley

Posted 26 February 2016 - 05:28 AM

I have told one close friend and that's it. The in-laws will be way to excited and knowing my MIL even if you tell her to tell noone she would ring her mum and tell her whi would tell the aunties so we are holding out till 8 weeks, it's hard not telling them since we are renovating and they are helping and they know what I have been through with the FS. Was thinking of telling my mum on the weekend,  my mother isn't a motherly person and doesn't really have any emotion towards the situation.  She is only now showing interest in Mr3 because he can talk with her and she can reason with him.

#20 smmaho

Posted 26 February 2016 - 06:27 AM

No morning sickened here yet which slightly worries me. I'm only 5w 3d so maybe it's just too early.

We probably won't tell anyone until twelve weeks. Maybe my family slightly earlier but I'm not sure. I'm a very private person as is my husband so we are happy to keep this little secret to ourselves for a bit longer :)

#21 FeralRebelWClaws

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:33 AM

Re leftovers, I personally wouldn't have leftovers of rice or pasta. But I would cook fresh rice with leftovers, but that's just me. I am definitely paranoid ;)

smmaho, from what I have read, if you have the Harmony/NIPT you are still meant to have the scan, which is like $400 as well.

I have another scan today at 10. Not feeling so confident about this one. *sigh*

#22 Jen Wheatley

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:52 AM

After everything I have been through to get this bub I am so itching to tell ppl :)

FRWC good luck today let me know how you go

#23 N. Tonks

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:08 AM

Good luck today FRWC. Smmaho I haven't had any morning sickness here either and I'm 7w2d today.

As far as telling people, my immediate family know but not DH's family. I think he'd prefer to wait till the 8 week scan.

#24 Lily-bee

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:23 AM

Good luck FRWC

We have told my parents and sister and I've told my best friend. That's about it as want to wait till 12 weeks at least. Oh I've told my boss too but only because she needs to alter my contract.
Will tell DH family in the next couple of weeks.

Nausea still here. I think I'll move onto Zofran now.

#25 cfwact

Posted 26 February 2016 - 09:02 AM

I've told my colleagues at work (not my boss though), mainly because they have noticed my nausea anyway. I work on a hospital ward so there are some pretty funky smells around and sometimes I just can't make myself go into a patients room!  We will be telling close family tomorrow at my sons first bday party because we will have everyone all together.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.