Symptoms

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#51 Morton-89

Posted 11 February 2016 - 08:25 PM

Oh my lord the hormones! I cried talking about how I feel sorry for the nurses on Kings Cross ER and I cried watching a video of the cutest little boy trying to be a man through his vaccinations hahaha this is too much hahah

#52 Gigi&peanut

Posted 11 February 2016 - 09:19 PM

View PostMorton-89, on 11 February 2016 - 08:25 PM, said:

Oh my lord the hormones! I cried talking about how I feel sorry for the nurses on Kings Cross ER and I cried watching a video of the cutest little boy trying to be a man through his vaccinations hahaha this is too much hahah

Oh dear I am exactly the same Morton! I cried listening to a rap/rnb song the other night in the car with my hubby and he asked why I was crying and I couldn't even explain! Literally no reason???

My boobs have all the sudden gone up 2 sizes and I was bursting out of my bra so had to go and buy a maternity bra today in a D!!! I am usually a B! I am breaking out like a school girl and ladies I just bought a new husband, a back and belly pillow that takes up half our bed!!! It is amazing you must all go and buy one hehe

Also experienced horrible stabbing pains at 5am this morning and thought the worst but was ok today, had cramping from the very start and every day which is normal but this was scary and in the middle instead of the sides like the others. Anyone else experienced them?

#53 first time mum 85

Posted 11 February 2016 - 09:22 PM

My symptoms so far:

- Slight nausea
- Soooo tired!
- Headaches, but probably because I'm not enjoying my coffee!
- Slight tummy cramps
- Very sore breasts! Seriously, they feel like they weigh a ton!
- Bad pain in my sternum. I broke my sternum several years ago, and  haven't had any troubles with it. I think my painful boobs are causing a flareup!

This is my first child, so my main symptom is anxiety! I'm scrared and excited at the same time :unsure:

#54 honeybarbara

Posted 12 February 2016 - 04:48 AM

Same here first time mum, my next appointment is looming and my anxiety is growing. I'm six weeks tomorrow

#55 Morton-89

Posted 15 February 2016 - 05:44 PM

Has anyone found that they are not only bloated but unable to suck it in like they used to? I've got a pretty bloated belly that I used to be able to suck in and look super skinny and now no matter how hard I try I can't suck it in much at all. So excited to be getting a belly in a few short months! :D

#56 dreamfizz

Posted 15 February 2016 - 06:02 PM

Morton I just posted the exact same thing on the FB group page so can definitely relate! I'm so bloated but just can't pull my stomach in. And I feel really full down there I guess in my uterus but yeah it's a weird feeling! I'm excited for my baby bump too I think they look lovely! 😍

ETA: oops nope it was in the general chat thread here not on FB. So many pages on here I forget where I'm up to 😂

Edited by dreamfizz, 15 February 2016 - 06:04 PM.

#57 smmaho

Posted 16 February 2016 - 04:32 PM

I'm only four weeks but so far my symptoms are sore boobs, lower back pain (almost like AF is arriving) and tiredness.

#58 Naimed

Posted 17 February 2016 - 04:43 AM

Anyone?
While at home at nighttime, I keep smelling a bushfire smell. It's literally keeping me up at night (its currently 4.42pm).
Anyone have any remedies?

#59 Chethay2012

Posted 17 February 2016 - 09:01 AM

Naimed maybe keep a tissue with a few drops of a safe essential oil on it (lemon) close by - that might override any other 'smells' or you can bring it closer to smell when it's bad?

*efs

Edited by Chethay2012, 17 February 2016 - 09:02 AM.

#60 Esseffaz

Posted 19 February 2016 - 07:23 PM

Very, very mild nausea. I eat small amounts during the day which seems to be keeping it at bay.

Insomnia combined with weird, vivid dreams

I'm sooooo tired. I fell asleep at the shopping centre the other day on one of those massage chairs while waiting for DH. :blush:  

Also, constipation. I've never had an issue with it before. Now it feels like I'm passing shards of glass. OUCH!

#61 sweetshellz

Posted 19 February 2016 - 08:08 PM

Currently just mild nausea through out the day.
Tiredness more than normal (have a 14month old and work so I'm normally tired lol).
Random stabbing pain in boobs
Heartburny burbs
Feeling hot/hot flushes
CM
My bfp was lighter today then yesterday, so I'm just holding onto my symptoms as hope.

#62 cfwact

Posted 19 February 2016 - 08:36 PM

Starting to feel a bit worried today, as I haven't felt my symptoms for a few days. No more sore breasts or cramping. Hopefully all is okay and I'm just being paranoid. Anyone else having symptoms that come and go or have stopped suddenly?

#63 Morton-89

Posted 19 February 2016 - 10:57 PM

I haven't really had too many symptoms to be honest cfwact. I'm a little tired but no nausea, no sore boobs really or anything. I'll have the occasional wave of nausea I.e with chicken today haha or the occasional sore boobs after I take my bra off but really not much compared to last time :S my dreams though are crazy and so vivid! Last night involved kidnapping, missing people, a house that brainwashed people and hostage situations. Crazy!

#64 honeybarbara

Posted 20 February 2016 - 08:05 AM

View Postcfwact, on 19 February 2016 - 08:36 PM, said:

Starting to feel a bit worried today, as I haven't felt my symptoms for a few days. No more sore breasts or cramping. Hopefully all is okay and I'm just being paranoid. Anyone else having symptoms that come and go or have stopped suddenly?

Yes - for a few weeks I had solid back pain and cramps. Really tender breasts. For the last week I've felt pretty much fine, aside from food aversions and nausea. Hardly any pain. A bit unnerving, I agree.

#65 N. Tonks

Posted 20 February 2016 - 08:45 AM

Absolutely cfwact, back pain and cramping comes and goes and I've had no real nausea or food aversions. Keep feeling my boobs during the day to check if they're still sore or tender. I think it's normal.

#66 Esseffaz

Posted 20 February 2016 - 11:22 AM

I feel fine today. Much less nauseous than yesterday. I could swear my boobs aren't as sore, either.

It's really unnerving. I've been told it's natural to fluctuate and to enjoy a 'day off'.

#67 Possum88

Posted 20 February 2016 - 08:12 PM

So far my symptoms are.

Insomnia followed by vivid weird dreams.
Nausea (not to bad)
Insane sense of smell
Tingly boobs
Super tired and no patients for my poor dd.
Forgetful  (dreaded baby brain)
Hungry most of the time but dont want to eat most things.
Also feel like the room is spinning all day even when sitting and constant peeing.

I think i got most symptoms with my last pregnancy so im not expecting anything less this time. Already have my script for maxalon.

#68 Mamanaes

Posted 20 February 2016 - 09:40 PM

I feel:
Bloated
Nausea (pretty constant- but more so after food)
Decreased appetite
More cm than usual but not ridiculous amounts
Happy and nervous! Hope it sticks!!

#69 LifeWithMyBoys

Posted 23 February 2016 - 09:53 PM

I feel very tired, my tummy feels tightening, cramping, slight nauseous and always dizzy and peeing a lot more than usual.

I saw a few other people put they felt dizzy so I'm glad that's just not me.

I've got to be careful as I'm a high risk pregnancy.

Edited by LillyLoves14, 23 February 2016 - 09:54 PM.

#70 pikkulintu

Posted 24 February 2016 - 05:06 PM

At the moment my current symptoms are:
bloated
extraordinarily tired
very sore and sensitive boobs with shooty stabby pains
waves of nausea every now and then - this always gears up in about week 6 so still a couple weeks to go
sense of smell increasing - butter smells absolutely rancid
peeing every 10 mins
a bit of dizziness every now and then
and can feel like a pulling sensation in my uterus.

Waiting for the hormones to kick in when I become a blubbering mess at random tv commercials and little old people walking down the street - especially if they're holding hands.

#71 Yeahidunno2or3

Posted 24 February 2016 - 05:52 PM

View Postpikkulintu, on 24 February 2016 - 05:06 PM, said:

Waiting for the hormones to kick in when I become a blubbering mess at random tv commercials and little old people walking down the street - especially if they're holding hands.

Haha, I cried at Costco because a disney song was playing on one of the stereo's. I don't think I even saw that movie

#72 dreamfizz

Posted 25 February 2016 - 01:52 PM

my appetite was already off, now everything has started tasting metallic. I know I need to eat, but I really have no interest. Any one else have this or have suggestions?

#73 ThrilledWolf

Posted 28 February 2016 - 05:37 PM

No sore boobs but didn't have that in my first pregnancy either
Lots and lots of cm so gross
Cramps/pulling/achy feeling
Nausea and lots of it 😷
Tired
Dizzy/passing out if I stand too fast or move too quick
More nausea 😖
And just general I'm tired/no motivation
First pregnancy the first 3 months and last 3 months were sh*t but those 3 in the middle were great with no issues fx for same again or better

#74 ThrilledWolf

Posted 28 February 2016 - 05:38 PM

Oh and crying 2-100 times a day at absolutely anything
Even better that my son laughs at me every time I cry so I cry more lol cheeky devil

#75 smmaho

Posted 14 March 2016 - 12:38 PM

I've had a bit of nausea, sore boobs and a metallic taste in my mouth. I've also noticed that I have a lot of acne and a lot of black hairs popping up on my chin and neck! I've always had a few as it runs in the family but I feel like they are appearing everday at the moment. As well as a lot of fine white hairs on my neck, yuck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.