Introduction !

• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#51 cletus

Posted 02 February 2016 - 08:03 PM

Oh wow, welcome to everyone who has joined in the last day and a bit! It's so exciting to see heaps more people on here! I've got my dating scan booked in for the 17th and my first OB appointment on 22nd Feb. I'm not really having any symptoms at the moment after feeling off for a few days and having really sore boobs. Boobs have definitely settled down (and I never had it with my other 2 pregnancies). Morning sickness didn't really kick in until 7 weeks with my son and 8 weeks with my daughter. Looking forward to being able to start a FB group for this, I do find it difficult going back and forth between the pages to read comments and not being able to reply directly under each comment!

#52 Lily-bee

Posted 02 February 2016 - 10:11 PM

Hi ladies,

I'm stepping into here hesitantly.

I got my BFP yesterday and bloods confirmed today. I'm 4 weeks exactly and my level is 138.
I'm under the care of FS as we were just about to begin IVF process (this is a natural conception).
Had a mc in June last year. Would be due this month so it seems extra special.
We have a 2 year old DD who was also conceived naturally. She is also an October born baby.
So far, feeling nauseous, really tender breast and dull pain/cramps. Couldn't sleep last night and kept having weird dreams.

#53 katiejune

Posted 03 February 2016 - 08:01 AM

1000Stars I'd prefer communicating in a F group rather than here so let me know if you'd like to set one up. I have one for my 1st son and it has been such an amazing experience and support.

#54 bec2585

Posted 03 February 2016 - 09:03 AM

Hi Everyone,

Im very green to all of this I had my very first positive pregnancy test on Australia day which was very exciting. the next day i got bloods and all confirmed.
I am Due  most likely October 6th
I have so far told my Parents and inlaws and a couple of my besties so i have a support group.
I have my dating scan booked for 17th Feb and my OB booked for the 24th Feb.
It still doesn't feel real yet but i definitely have some symptoms like sore breasts, nipples, pms type cramping, I'm always hungry, I'm tired and since two days ago the most bizarre dreams ever!.
This will be my 1st and my DH 2nd he has a son who is 10yrs old..
good luck everyone else that we all have smooth uneventful pregnancies and births xx

Edited by bec2585, 03 February 2016 - 09:07 AM.

#55 honeybarbara

Posted 03 February 2016 - 05:28 PM

looks like we're very close bec2585! I found out on Aus Day too.

#56 bec2585

Posted 03 February 2016 - 05:38 PM

so exciting honeybarbara. i worked aus day and was in sooo much pain i figured it was my periods and i went to the supermarket and thought stuff it ill get a test no harm and it came back with a BFP. i was shocked i should of really expected it but i didn't

#57 BeckyFreeze

Posted 04 February 2016 - 04:55 AM

Hi ladies,

I'll also tentatively join - I got a light BFP at about 4am this morning! I'd be about 11dpo, due on October 15th. This will be #2 for us - I have a DD who is 4.

Sending sticky baby vibes to everyone :)

(I'm still a little in shock that this might be happening!!!)

#58 dreamfizz

Posted 04 February 2016 - 10:22 AM

Congratulations BeckyFreeze! Welcome to the group.

I just had my hcg results at 114 which puts me bang on with my dates, so I am currently 4+3. Not many symptoms yet! I don't have a regular GP (I avoid docs at all costs, the only reason I go was to get a sick certificate for work when needed!), so I finally found a doc who does GP Shared Care with the hospital.

Still not 'feeling' pregnant yet! I expected to be vomiting everywhere, moody, smell & taste out of whack. If I didn't have all these confirmations, I wouldn't have believed it. I guess I should make the most of it while I can.

Also, in regards to the f b group, I just checked and if it's set as secret only people in the group can see who is in it. I'll join if its definitely set as secret. have any of you girls set up the group as yet?

#59 mishrides

Posted 04 February 2016 - 10:35 AM

Hellooooo everyone!

Thought I'd join in properly rather than just being a silent stalker of this thread hahaha

I got my BFP last week and think i'm almost 5 weeks. Due date first week of October sometime.

This will be my second baby, partner and I have a DD who turns 4 tomorrow!

We pretty much fell pregnant straight away, kind of started TTC in November but didn't really have any idea when I ovulated. Bought an OPK early January then BOOM here I am! :-)

We had planned on having a large gap between bubs after a really difficult time with DD as a baby/toddler and we finally feel ready to go through it all again.

Would love to join a FB group if anyone sets one up. I spend way more time on FB than I do here!

Symptoms so far....sore and swollen boobs, little twinges and crampy feelings down in that general area and have been ravenously hungry!

Looking forward to sharing this journey with you all!

xx

#60 dreamfizz

Posted 04 February 2016 - 12:52 PM

ladies I set up an f b group but then saw there are rules about when it can be started? Does anyone have any clarification on this?

Edited by dreamfizz, 04 February 2016 - 12:56 PM.

#61 1000Stars

Posted 04 February 2016 - 02:45 PM

My dinosaur phone hates this site its very slow! OK I I am excited now booked appts its feeling real. Due mid October yayyyyyyyy! 2nd time around just as magical

#62 1000Stars

Posted 04 February 2016 - 02:47 PM

Dreamfizz is that a Facebook rule?

#63 dreamfizz

Posted 04 February 2016 - 03:05 PM

View Post1000Stars, on 04 February 2016 - 02:47 PM, said:

Dreamfizz is that a Facebook rule?
Nope a rule of this forum, apparently? I saw something about it but can't find it now...

#64 FeralRebelWClaws

Posted 04 February 2016 - 08:29 PM

I know I read it last year when I was in a DIG. They said that the FB group could be started 4 weeks after the first day of the group being started. I think it was to encourage people to keep posting in here while people are still joining the DIG.

Having said all that, I read over the sticky and couldn't find it? Perhaps they changed the rule?

#65 Yeahidunno2or3

Posted 04 February 2016 - 08:49 PM

Is anyone else freaking out? I'm so anxious with this pregnancy it's not funny. I can't wait for some reassurance, and can't stand this waiting game. Every little twinge I'm thinking doom and gloom, like it's all over. But things seem to be going well. I had one tiny spot of pink cm yesterday, and my heart dropped. I was so sure I'd wake up today to the worst, but nothing. Google says it could be normal, might have even been the placenta implanting. Ugh!! I wish I could sleep till full term haha

#66 FeralRebelWClaws

Posted 04 February 2016 - 09:04 PM

With my history, yes, but I am trying not to stress about it TOO much. I will be having bloods done twice a week to check hcg and progesterone and starting from 6 weeks, I'll have fortnightly scans.

Today I rang up for my blood results (3 times!) and the last time the receptionist told me that the nurse had to talk to the Doctor and would call me back in 10 mins. 30 mins later I've convinced myself it's all over and I've lost another one and I shouldn't have got my hopes up again and then she rang me and told me all was fine (my hcg doubles every 72 hours, hcg 576 and progesterone 96) and get bloods again Monday. I totally over reacted and she probably wasn't talking to the doctor about me at all lol!

#67 Yeahidunno2or3

Posted 04 February 2016 - 09:11 PM

It's so hard to relax, isn't it.

I don't know if it's a silly decision or not. But I was trying not to get bloods drawn, and wait for the heart beat. With my mmc, I had bloods drawn, and everything was looking good, so I thought not dwelling on hcg numbers would be better for me this time. I dunno. I will breathe easier if I see a heart beat.

#68 FeralRebelWClaws

Posted 04 February 2016 - 09:20 PM

I'm actually finding it cathartic to have that reassurance every few days. But where it's only a snippet of info I find that my brain goes into overdrive!

#69 Nephthys

Posted 04 February 2016 - 09:21 PM

Hellooooo! I did a hpt today and got a rather dark line! I think I'm due early-mid October but I have a 10m daughter and am still breastfeeding so monthlies have been 29-34 days apart. Just happened to have a check up booked with the Dr tomorrow for iron levels etc so will be able to discuss this with her which I'm glad for, no waiting! Rather excited :)

#70 dreamfizz

Posted 04 February 2016 - 09:32 PM

View PostFeralRebelWClaws, on 04 February 2016 - 08:29 PM, said:

I know I read it last year when I was in a DIG. They said that the FB group could be started 4 weeks after the first day of the group being started. I think it was to encourage people to keep posting in here while people are still joining the DIG.

Having said all that, I read over the sticky and couldn't find it? Perhaps they changed the rule?

Thanks FRwC that's what I'd read but can't find anything on here now. Either way anyone whose interested can feel free to send me a private message so we can organise something.

PJ yes I completely understand. I'm trying so hard to relax - after all there is nothing we can do! I had bloods and they recommended the dating scan so now I'm nervous something is wrong with my bloods and that's why they want me to do dating scan - even though I'm sure it's normal procedure!

The fact I have minimal symptoms is what's bothering me most. Please can I start vomiting already?! 😂 Okay let's not get carried away but I'm sure some of you can relate?

Although tonight I've had really sore/swollen gums so I'm hoping that's a good sign???

#71 Yeahidunno2or3

Posted 04 February 2016 - 09:43 PM

Nepthys, welcome and congratulations :)

FRWC I stressed out so bad googling hcg levels last year. In saying that, if I had big high numbers would make me relax I think, but yeah. My hpt's have been a LOT darker this time round so that must be a good sign

Dreamfizz Ya, I'd love some really great symptoms, but with DD I didn't have many at all, I was one of those lucky ones who sailed through the pregnancy. But since we've had a few too many false starts, this is just horrid. I'd love a few vom days hahah

#72 ladypeony

Posted 05 February 2016 - 05:53 AM

Hi everyone! *waves*

I just got my BFP this morning, according to LMP my due date is 11th of October but still early days. I see some familiar names from the TTC threads. Although I was never super active in those as I would bow out early in the month as that's when AF arrived, I still loved following everyone's stories.

This will be baby #2 for us. I still feel nervous even saying that, as I know it is still early days.

Off to work now. Not sure how I'll concentrate!

#73 FeralRebelWClaws

Posted 05 February 2016 - 09:10 AM

View PostPJVedderGirl, on 04 February 2016 - 09:43 PM, said:

FRWC I stressed out so bad googling hcg levels last year. In saying that, if I had big high numbers would make me relax I think, but yeah. My hpt's have been a LOT darker this time round so that must be a good sign

I was still getting negatives on internet cheapies and my bloods were 125! My FR that day wasn't that dark either.

#74 Joan10

Posted 05 February 2016 - 09:12 AM

A big welcome and hello to all the newbies :) I love that this group is growing!

PJVeddergirl - Yes! Me! This is my third pregnancy. My first was ectopic, second resulted in my beautiful daughter and now here we are. I'm so super excited, and I know that getting anxious or worried or thinking "what if" won't change an outcome, so I should just be positive but so much easier said than done. I still freak out a little in the toilet worrying that there will be spotting. So silly I know.

I just can't wait until my scan. 11 sleeps to go ! Once I see that little heartbeat flicking away, I'll be so super relieved.

Of course I'll probably find something new to worry about until they place him or her in my arms, and then it will be worrying about how to best care for him/her hahaha. The worry is out of love ;)

AFM - Well, I haven't really had symptoms apart from fatigue (constant napping in the afternoons) and now I am 5w3d. This morning I've felt slightly nauseous so it seems my morning sickness will be kicking in soon, which it may sound strange for me to say this, I'm happy about. Kind of reassuring. My MS started around this time for my last pregnancy too.

The Due in October List
I know some of you have added your details to the other thread, sorry it took me so long, but it's now up to date with our due dates/names :)

#75 BeckyFreeze

Posted 05 February 2016 - 11:50 AM

dreamfizz I hear you - I'd love to be vomiting away right now so that I could 'feel' pregnant!! I'm 13dpo today, and still getting BFP's but I'm so anxious that something will go wrong... I've had the tiniest bit of brown spotting today (had it with DD too) but it's doing nothing for the anxiety levels!!

I'd also love to be part of a FB group if someone could invite me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.